YOU WILL BE MY WITNESSES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“YOU WILL BE MY WITNESSES” Acts 1:8

We are his witnesses, each and every one of us who call ourselves Christian, but we aren’t necessarily good witnesses of God’s love and forgiveness. We all know people who have been put off church by Christians who have been bad witnesses to God’s acceptance; people who have been intolerant, judgmental and plain unfriendly.

Our witness lies not only in what we say but how we think and act as well. People notice things like hypocrisy and back-biting. We like our cosy gatherings where every one is well dressed and polite; where we can feel holy, calm and peaceful in the presence of the Lord. But the purpose of the church is not to provide a social network for ‘good’ people but to reach out to those still in their sin. All saints have a past but all sinners can have a future.

So we all need to be good witnesses to God’s compassion for the lost and draw people to Jesus by our acts of love and kindness; our sincerity and generosity. Let us welcome into our church meetings those people who need God’s grace; the prostitutes, drug addicts and drunks as well as professional people with money and status. And let us love with all our hearts those who he has put us with in our church families.

Galatians 5:22-26
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.”

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are his witnesses, each and every one of us who call ourselves Christian, but we aren’t necessarily good witnesses of God’s love and forgiveness. We all know people who have been put off church by Christians who have been bad witnesses to God’s acceptance; people who have been intolerant, judgmental and plain unfriendly.

Our witness lies not only in what we say but how we think and act as well. People notice things like hypocrisy and back-biting. We like our cosy gatherings where every one is well dressed and polite; where we can feel holy, calm and peaceful in the presence of the Lord. But the purpose of the church is not to provide a social network for ‘good’ people but to reach out to those still in their sin. All saints have a past but all sinners can have a future.

So we all need to be good witnesses to God’s compassion for the lost and draw people to Jesus by our acts of love and kindness; our sincerity and generosity. Let us welcome into our church meetings those people who need God’s grace; the prostitutes, drug addicts and drunks as well as professional people with money and status. And let us love with all our hearts those who he has put us with in our church families.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.”

I think a major part to our witness is in accurately understanding the armor of God. Many presume the armor was to be put on merely for "spiritual warfare," not realizing that the context was actually in wielding the sword in the public arena, and with it "bringing every argument into captivity to Christ." But along with the sword came being clothed in the armor of righteousness, faith and love (1 Thessalonians 5:8), because Christians were not to return evil for evil but overcome evil with good.

Good evening, Pearl. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Pearl

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen
and add to that:
Romans 10:
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that He was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of His resurrection.” (Acts 1:22) and "His resurrection" was "by the POWER OF GOD" that "like as Christ was raised up by the glory of the Father" (Romans 6:4) when we "receive POWER" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)!

"Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you,
and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you" (John 15:16)!

Consequently, until we (((WITNESS))) His resurrection (Acts 1:22) THE (((POWER))) (Acts 1:8) OF GOD coming upon us" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)

(((NO ONE))) HAS BEEN (((CHOSEN AND ORDAINED BY JESUS))) (JOHN 15:16) AND ARE (((NOT))) A CHRISTIAN!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that He was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of His resurrection.” (Acts 1:22) and "His resurrection" was "by the POWER OF GOD" that "like as Christ was raised up by the glory of the Father" (Romans 6:4) when we "receive POWER" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)!

"Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you,
and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you" (John 15:16)!

Consequently, until we (((WITNESS))) His resurrection (Acts 1:22) THE (((POWER))) (Acts 1:8) OF GOD coming upon us" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)

(((NO ONE))) HAS BEEN (((CHOSEN AND ORDAINED BY JESUS))) (JOHN 15:16) AND ARE (((NOT))) A CHRISTIAN!
Sorry didn't read your post. It's so difficult to concentrate on anything when it's so in your face and technicolour and shouty.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you" (John 15:16)!

Only those who are to be saved will pay attention (Matthew 13:10-15).

Hello Norine, and greetings.

I found a way to tone down your post to make it readable. I copied it and then reposted it in black and white.

About your initial post, who do you believe has been "ordained" and not "ordained" to be a witness of Jesus Christ?

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good

Good thread and thoughts!

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Norine, and greetings.

I found a way to tone down your post to make it readable. I copied it and then reposted it in black and white.

About your initial post, who do you believe has been "ordained" and not "ordained" to be a witness of Jesus Christ?

Those who "Seek God" (II Chronicles 7:14) with "a pure heart" (Matthew 5:8) because GOD IS A HEART GOD (I Samuel 16:7). Therefore when you "HEAR" the message in order to "BELIEVE" the message from "A SENT PREACHER" (Romans 10:14-15) "God looks at hearts" (I Samuel 16:7) Who "chooses and ordains you" (John 15:16) and "baptizes you with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) Who is (((THE GIFT))) (Romans 6:23) of Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 11:17)!

We know we've been "chosen" when His "POWER comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)

When His promise of "Spiritual gifts" are received (I Corinthians 12:7-10) after Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13)

When "Signs follow" (Mark 16:17-18) after Holy Spirit baptism (Mark 16:16) in order to

"CONFIRM that the LORD is working with us with signs following" (Mark 16:20)!

His "POWER we receive (Acts 1:8) to become the sons of GOD" (John 1:12-13) is how ANYONE knows true Christians (I Corinthians 12:11-13) because

"His Spirit bears witness with our spirits that we (((ARE))) the children of GOD" (Romans 8:16).

We "...can demonstrate the Spirit and of POWER" (I Corinthians 2:4)!

We are "a peculiar people"

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light" (I Peter 2:9)!

Some call it supernatural, and other horrible things but we have "THE POWER OF GOD" (Romans 1:16) who can "Do greater things than these" (John 14:12) if only one is A BELIEVER!

12 "But as many as received Him, to them gave He (((POWER))) [Received after Holy Spirit baptism; Acts 1:5; 8] to become the sons of God, even to them that BELIEVE on His name [aka POWER; Matthew 28:18]:

13 Which were born ["Again" John 3:5-7; I Peter 1:23], not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but OF GOD" (John 1:12-13)!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who "Seek God" (II Chronicles 7:14) with "a pure heart" (Matthew 5:8) because GOD IS A HEART GOD (I Samuel 16:7). Therefore when you "HEAR" the message in order to "BELIEVE" the message from "A SENT PREACHER" (Romans 10:14-15) "God looks at hearts" (I Samuel 16:7) Who "chooses and ordains you" (John 15:16) and "baptizes you with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) Who is (((THE GIFT))) (Romans 6:23) of Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 11:17)!

We know we've been "chosen" when His "POWER comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)

When His promise of "Spiritual gifts" are received (I Corinthians 12:7-10) after Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13)

When "Signs follow" (Mark 16:17-18) after Holy Spirit baptism (Mark 16:16) in order to

"CONFIRM that the LORD is working with us with signs following" (Mark 16:20)!

His "POWER we receive (Acts 1:8) to become the sons of GOD" (John 1:12-13) is how ANYONE knows true Christians (I Corinthians 12:11-13) because

"His Spirit bears witness with our spirits that we (((ARE))) the children of GOD" (Romans 8:16).

We "...can demonstrate the Spirit and of POWER" (I Corinthians 2:4)!

We are "a peculiar people"

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light" (I Peter 2:9)!

Some call it supernatural, and other horrible things but we have "THE POWER OF GOD" (Romans 1:16) who can "Do greater things than these" (John 14:12) if only one is A BELIEVER!

12 "But as many as received Him, to them gave He (((POWER))) [Received after Holy Spirit baptism; Acts 1:5; 8] to become the sons of God, even to them that BELIEVE on His name [aka POWER; Matthew 28:18]:

13 Which were born ["Again" John 3:5-7; I Peter 1:23], not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but OF GOD" (John 1:12-13)!

I like this quote :), and I'm starting to see what you are saying. Yes, it is through the Holy Spirit's empowerment and outpouring that we are truly ordained as witnesses to the fact that Christ Jesus is indeed the Son of God!

Glory! :)

Reactions: Norine J Williams

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If people don't BELIEVE the message GOD has sent through me they won't be saved.
@Norine J Williams - Really? I believe the message God sent through Jesus is what saves. Jesus never shouted at people so we shouldn't do that either. You may well have good things to say Norine, but if you 'shout' as you have been doing, a lot of people just won't read your posts.

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Norine J Williams - Really? I believe the message God sent through Jesus is what saves. Jesus never shouted at people so we shouldn't do that either. You may well have good things to say Norine, but if you 'shout' as you have been doing, a lot of people just won't read your posts.

Really?

"...the message God sent through Jesus is what saves?"

"Again and again I sent all My servants the prophets to you. They said, “Each of you must turn from your wicked ways and reform your actions; do not follow other gods to serve them [Lying catholic doctrine]. Then you will live in the land I have given to you and your ancestors.” But you have not paid attention or listened to me" (Jeremiah 35:15).

You don't know anything about the "diversities of operations" (I Corinthians 12:6) of the Holy Spirit when "God set some in the Church" (I Corinthians 12:28) "To edify the Church" (Ephesians 4:11-13) but all you know to do is read a book with LIES ENTWINED and believe it all (II Corinthians 3:6)!

Jesus said in John 5:39

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye (((THINK))) ye have eternal life: and they are they which [ONLY] testify of Me."

Now what?

"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes [LYING catholic church] has handled it falsely?" (Jeremiah 8:8).

Why do you (((THINK))) God sends His servants?

"He whom God has SENT the Spirit is given him without measure" (John 3:34)!

14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be SENT? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" (Romans 10:14-15)!

BTW not SHOUTING as man has taught you but placing EMPHASIS!

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this quote :), and I'm starting to see what you are saying. Yes, it is through the Holy Spirit's empowerment and outpouring that we are truly ordained as witnesses to the fact that Christ Jesus is indeed the Son of God!

Glory! :)

Amen!

Jesus' PROMISES we FULFILL (I John 2:3-5) are our (((PROOF))) (II Timothy 4:5; II Corinthians 13:5; I Thessalonians 5:21; KJV) that "...we (((ARE))) the children of GOD" (Romans 8:16)!

Thank You Jesus (Matthew 11:25)!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus never shouted at the deaf, but healed them. However, He did shout at the "whitewashed tombs."
A hard, stony heart is insensitive to others. :)