Your Soul IS Immortal, Until...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Co 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

You need to spend some time on this verse... It's speaks volumes!!!
There is much that speaks volumes in the scriptures, but you tend to take scriptures like this one and make a personal crusade about it…..
How about we read those words in context to see who Paul was addressing…

1 Cor 12:1-3…
”Now concerning the spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were people of the nations, you were influenced and led astray to those voiceless idols, following wherever they might lead you. 3 Now I would have you know that nobody when speaking by God’s spirit says: “Jesus is accursed!” and nobody can say: “Jesus is Lord!” except by holy spirit.”

God’s spirit in us guides us to make the right confession, acknowledgment or declaration to others, namely, that Jesus is “Lord” by God’s appointment. God raised Jesus from the dead and seated his son at his own right hand and made him “Lord”, higher than all other creation. If we desire salvation, we are bound to hold fast to the public declaration, confession, acknowledgment that we made before our dedication and baptism, namely, that Jesus Christ is the Lord whom Jehovah God has appointed over us, and whom we lovingly accept. (John 17:3)

You problem is your trying to fit this verse into your Church World View....
I do not hold a “church world view” and haven’t for over 50 years.
You can not convert some one to Christianity... only God can! Thus why there was no... alter call for the first 1800 years!!!
What on earth is an alter call???? Can I find this in scripture somewhere?
Did Christians even have an alter?
NASB Joh 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws (DRAGS) him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
There is no “dragging” in the sense of pulling someone in a direction that they do not wish to go…..God will, by his spirit, work on the heart of an individual in whom he finds potential, but will never force that one against their will.
NASB Joh 17:2 even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.

NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

You focus on your human ideas of some Heaven and Hell... The above verses are about the coming 1000yr Kingdom...
I entertain no belief in any “heaven or hell” scenario because that is held by Christendom, but finds no support whatsoever in the Bible….

John 17:1-5, in context, is Jesus praying to his Father…..
“Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. 4 I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.”

Who were “given” to Jesus at this point? His apostles and disciples who were sent out to the people to impart knowledge to them as to who Jesus was, and the importance of accepting him as Messiah…..only those who come to an accurate knowledge of God and his son, will ever attain everlasting life. Only those “drawn” by God will want to gain this knowledge.
Their “church” system is so divided that no one can get to know their god because he does not even exist.

So who have been “appointed”….and what have they been appointed to?
The word “tassō” means “to place in a certain order, to arrange, to assign a place, to appoint”…
What appointment is this then? There are those “called and chosen” for a role in heaven as “kings and priests“ ruling with their Lord Jesus as the “chief agent of salvation”. (Rev 20:6)

This pre-determined priesthood has a specific number, (Rev 7:4; Rev 14:1-3) and places in heaven were “reserved” for them. (1 Peter 1:3-4) Jesus said he was going to “prepare a place” for them in his Father’s “house”…..they were promised a place not a palace. The positions are reserved, but not the individuals who will fill them. Flawed humans can “fall away” and would need to be replaced. Once you lose your place, you can never get it back. (2 Peter 2:20-22)

This “heavenly calling” (Heb 3:1) is reserved exclusively for the “elect” (“chosen ones”) and it is God who does the choosing.
So, from my perspective, it is you who has not studied the scriptures enough to grasp the truth in what they are saying.

BTY... Look into the word eternal in scripture... It would be helpful for you .... even if it took you AGES to see... Lol
What makes you think I have never studied the word “eternal”?
In the well known scripture at John 3:16, the word eternal is used erroneously in most English translations because of failing to see that the word “eternal“ applies only to the Creator.
Since it’s primary meanings are….
  1. “without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
  2. without beginning”
No living thing can claim to be “eternal” except God, because all things had a beginning….all life comes from him, even the son who was “with” his God and Father “in the beginning” (John 1:1)…..what “beginning” is this then? His beginning. (Rev 3:14; Col 1:15-17) He was the very first of God’s creations.
That means that there is no such things as “eternal life”….but only what God created in “the beginning” which was the possibility of “life without end” or “everlasting life”….whether it be angels or humans, all “life” had a beginning and all life can end……unless granted immortality….

For the angels, life in spirit form needs no external support that we are aware of…..but for humans, everlasting life was to be lived in mortal flesh, dependent upon all the means that God had provided long before he made the first life forms…..water, oxygen and food were all supplied in abundance, but the continuation of life for humans was dependent on obedience to the Creator…..and for angels as well, because they too can have their lives terminated if they disobey.

We see from the scriptures that free will was abused in both realms and how God dealt with the situation by implementing a plan of action that would lead all his faithful children back into reconciliation with him….again of their own free will….no “dragging” required. (Rev 21:2-4)

What then is immortality? Is it the same as “everlasting life”?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, is everyone's spinal cord physically severed when they die?

Like Jesus said in John 3, 'That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit". Flesh and spirit are two different dimensions or operations. So I believe the "silver cord" is of that dimension of spirit, but is possibly connected to our fleshy spinal cord, and the "silver cord" is what is severed from our flesh when our flesh dies.
This is not my field so I'm no expert on this subject. But I do know that the Bible has a ton of figures of speech. And the respect is so high for one of my well known Bible teachers that I have to stay with spinal cord.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dead... are born again... That's what gave Nicodemus...like you so much trouble/confusion... about being born again...

It does not happen at death.... You must be born again... AT... Your ressurection!

Think... and review your research...
The othe Paul...
I wrote this a few days ago...

My first year as a Christian I was taught the soul is breath life and leaves the body at death. The body rots and the spirit goes back to God. So at the age of twenty years old I asked then what are the dead? What gets up? Never received an answer to my satisfaction. So today a few years later I looked up the word "soul" and found this...

Soul: One of the manifestations of life that is also manifested in animals. Hence breath, but not just breath as mere air, but as the sign of life. It denotes the vital principle in animal bodies, and also of a dead person (Leviticus 21:11) and of those raised.

Job 33:22
Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus,...

In contrast with those yet unraised it can die or be killed and it goes to the grave; Leviticus 24:17-18, Judges 16:30, Numbers 23:10. Well, hallelujah it goes to the grave. Now I have an idea what the dead are and therefore what gets up. The spirit of Christ must be involved with the soul somehow because of our new nature. I don't know where the memory would be and if I don't get up with a memory then it's not me getting up. Yeah the spirit of Christ has to be intertwined because of...

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

It is identified with the blood and the spirit never is.

Genesis 9:4
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.”

Leviticus 17:11, 14
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

My soul is the same as me; Numbers 23:10, Judges 16:30, 1 Kings 20:32.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human soul... will never cease to exist.

All people that have ever been born will be awake, conscience, and aware for all of eternity.

In either hell, or in the presence of the Lord.

God made man in His Own Image... God never dies and neither shall we.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human soul... will never cease to exist.

All people that have ever been born will be awake, conscience, and aware for all of eternity.

In either hell, or in the presence of the Lord.

God made man in His Own Image... God never dies and neither shall we.
The image God made us in is spirit and if you do not have spirit you are none of his. Romans 8:9

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is a spirit and so are we... which is why we will live forever, somewhere.

But, we are more than just spirit... we are spirit, soul, and body (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

God is a 3 part being and so are we.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not my field so I'm no expert on this subject. But I do know that the Bible has a ton of figures of speech. And the respect is so high for one of my well known Bible teachers that I have to stay with spinal cord.
You are free to believe what you want.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible teacher E.W. Bullinger
I like Bullinger too, especially the great works he did with The Companion Bible, and The Witness To The Stars, etc. However, he succumbed to the false Pre-trib Rapture theory that had become popular in his day of the latter 19th century. Thus his personal interpretation was influenced by men's false doctrines (from John Nelson Darby in 1830s Great Britain) on that point, showing that he still is just a man and not perfect.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Bullinger too, especially the great works he did with The Companion Bible, and The Witness To The Stars, etc. However, he succumbed to the false Pre-trib Rapture theory that had become popular in his day of the latter 19th century. Thus his personal interpretation was influenced by men's false doctrines (from John Nelson Darby in 1830s Great Britain) on that point, showing that he still is just a man and not perfect.
Bullinger was also wrong on the trinity. Don't know how that happened since he's so right-on with so many other stuff. His knowledge of Greek is way better than mine so I'm sticking with the spinal cord.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bullinger was also wrong on the trinity. Don't know how that happened since he's so right-on with so many other stuff. His knowledge of Greek is way better than mine so I'm sticking with the spinal cord.

I don't pay much attention to those who argue about the Catholic doctrine of the Trinity, but I'm not foolish enough to think the idea doesn't originate in God's written Word.

Per God's Word, the Godhead is made up of 3 Persons, God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit. And the prefix 'Tri' simply means 'three'.

So those who cannot agree with The Godhead being 3 Persons as God, appear to also have a problem with believing that Jesus Christ is "Emmanuel" (God with us), i.e., God having come in the flesh (Matthew 1:23).

And if one claims to believe on Jesus Christ as their Savior, yet they don't believe He is God come in the flesh, then their belief is null and void and has no affect, since ONLY God can save.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wrote this a few days ago...

My first year as a Christian I was taught the soul is breath life and leaves the body at death. The body rots and the spirit goes back to God. So at the age of twenty years old I asked then what are the dead? What gets up? Never received an answer to my satisfaction. So today a few years later I looked up the word "soul" and found this...

Soul: One of the manifestations of life that is also manifested in animals. Hence breath, but not just breath as mere air, but as the sign of life. It denotes the vital principle in animal bodies, and also of a dead person (Leviticus 21:11) and of those raised.

Job 33:22
Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus,...

In contrast with those yet unraised it can die or be killed and it goes to the grave; Leviticus 24:17-18, Judges 16:30, Numbers 23:10. Well, hallelujah it goes to the grave. Now I have an idea what the dead are and therefore what gets up. The spirit of Christ must be involved with the soul somehow because of our new nature. I don't know where the memory would be and if I don't get up with a memory then it's not me getting up. Yeah the spirit of Christ has to be intertwined because of...

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

It is identified with the blood and the spirit never is.

Genesis 9:4
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.”

Leviticus 17:11, 14
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

My soul is the same as me; Numbers 23:10, Judges 16:30, 1 Kings 20:32.

I'm glad you had a good first year as a Christian....!!!

Now.... Time to grow up....
Net Eph 1:11
In Christ28 we too have been claimed as God's own possession,29(G280) since we were predestined according to the one purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will

29 tn Grk "we were appointed by lot." The notion of the verb κληρόω (klēroō) in the OT was to "appoint a portion by lot" (the more frequent cognate verb κληρονομέω [klēronomeō] meant "obtain a portion by lot". In the passive, as here, the idea is that "we were appointed [as a portion] by lot" (BDAG 548 s.v. κληρόω 1). The words "God's own" have been supplied in the translation to clarify this sense of the verb. An alternative interpretation is that believers receive a portion as an inheritance: "In Christ we too have been appointed a portion of the inheritance." See H. W. Hoehner, Ephesians, 226-27, for discussion on this interpretive issue.
Word study
G2820

κληρόω klēróō; contracted klērṓ, fut. klērṓsō, from klḗros (G2819), a lot. To cast lots, determine by lot, i.e., to determine something, choose someone. In Eph_1:11, it means, "in whom the lot has fallen upon us also, as foreordained thereto . . . to be" (a.t.). The idea expressed here is that Christians have become heirs of God due to the fact that God predestined them according to His purpose. In a manner of speaking, the "lot" fell to believers not by chance but solely because of the gracious and sovereign decision of God- Almighty to select them to be His heirs.

Deriv.: prosklēróō (G4345), to give or assign by lot.

NASB Pro 20:24 Man's steps are ordained by the LORD, How then can man understand his way?

NET Bible... Pro 20:24 The steps of a person73 are ordained by74 the LORD — so how can anyone75 understand his own76 way?
Pro 20:24

73 tn Heb "the steps of a man"; but "man" is the noun גֶּבֶר (gever, in pause), indicating an important, powerful person. BDB 149-50 s.v. suggests it is used of men in their role of defending women and children; if that can be validated, then a translation of "man" would be appropriate here. But the line seems to have a wider, more general application. The "steps" represent (by implied comparison) the course of life (cf. NLT "the road we travel").

74 tn Heb "from the LORD"; NRSV "ordered by the Lord"; NIV "directed by the Lord."
sn To say that one's steps are ordained by the LORD means that one's course of actions, one's whole life, is divinely prepared and sovereignly superintended (e.g., Gen_50:26; Pro_3:6). Ironically, man is not actually in control of his own steps.

75 tn The verse uses an independent nominative absolute to point up the contrast between the mortal and the immortal: "and man, how can he understand his way?" The verb in the sentence would then be classified as a potential imperfect; and the whole question rhetorical. It is affirming that humans cannot understand very much at all about their lives.

NASB Joh 6:65 And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father."

Now... Spend some time.. on these verses....

NASB Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

NASB Tit 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

CEV Tit 3:5 He saved us because of his mercy, and not because of any good things that we have done. God washed us by the power of the Holy Spirit. He gave us new birth and a fresh beginning.

NASB Joh 17:2 even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.

CEV Joh 17:2 And you gave him power over all people, so that he would give eternal life to everyone you give him.

Let's make it really simple for YOU....

ESV Rom 11:7 What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, 8 as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day."

CEV Rom 11:7 This means that only a chosen few of the people of Israel found what all of them were searching for. And the rest of them were stubborn, 8 just as the Scriptures say, "God made them so stupid that their eyes are blind, and their ears are still deaf."

Silly Child.... as if we had a Clue...
Paul

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And your attitude has not changed…..what is with this superior attitude?…..if it continues in this vane, all you will do is alienate people….you yourself become the “silly child” by not emulating the one you claim to serve.

What you post sounds right to you, no doubt.…but who appointed you as Christ’s “faithful and discreet slave”? (Matt 24:45) If your manner is not Christ-like, you have become ”a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal” (1 Cor 13:1) That is, a person having a certain amount of knowledge or claiming some gifts of the spirit, might draw much attention to themselves.….but if they do not have love for others, they would be like a brass object that echoes loudly when struck and makes a harsh, jarring, and discordant noise that repels rather than attracts others.

Go and learn what this means first…..then you might have something to impart to others.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your attitude has not changed…..what is with this superior attitude?…..if it continues in this vane, all you will do is alienate people….you yourself become the “silly child” by not emulating the one you claim to serve.

What you post sounds right to you, no doubt.…but who appointed you as Christ’s “faithful and discreet slave”? (Matt 24:45) If your manner is not Christ-like, you have become ”a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal” (1 Cor 13:1) That is, a person having a certain amount of knowledge or claiming some gifts of the spirit, might draw much attention to themselves.….but if they do not have love for others, they would be like a brass object that echoes loudly when struck and makes a harsh, jarring, and discordant noise that repels rather than attracts others.

Go and learn what this means first…..then you might have something to impart to others.
Silly child... I gave you a Pearl in post 152# in my response to peterlag ... SO... Don't F ... it up...!!!

I AM.... Christ like ... I speak the same language.....

Mat 12:34 "You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. ( sound like me??? )

I Am.... sent me....

Joh 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you." 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 "If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

Silly Child... What do you know of John 20:23...

Only God alone can forgive sin.... Can't you see??? Paul said six times... All things are of God... Yet.... Joh 20:22-23 is speaking to you Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Silly child... I gave you a Pearl in post 152# in my response to peterlag ... SO... Don't F ... it up...!!!

I AM.... Christ like ... I speak the same language.....

Mat 12:34 "You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. ( sound like me??? )

I Am.... sent me....

Joh 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you." 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 "If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."

Silly Child... What do you know of John 20:23...

Only God alone can forgive sin.... Can't you see??? Paul said six times... All things are of God... Yet.... Joh 20:22-23 is speaking to you Aunty Jane
I will let that post stand as a monument to your arrogance and complete lack of understanding of the scripture you quote…..may God rebuke you for misrepresenting his truth in the way you do. Stop demeaning people!

We are all free willed, not foreordained and not predestined to do anything…if we were, then the TKGE would not have been placed in the garden. The taking of the fruit was a free willed choice and even ‘perfect specimens‘ can make the wrong choice for what they imagine is the right reason. The garden of Eden scenario is all about the use and abuse of free will…..and it’s consequences. It also demonstrates the fact that it was not a mistake for God to grant it to all his children, in heaven and on earth.
We have gone through a difficult life to preserve it as the precious gift it was meant to be…..but you discount it altogether…. :no reply:

At the end of the day we all choose our own course….and it will be rewarded accordingly….this is why “few” are found on the road to life “silly child”….otherwise we would all be on the right road and no other would exist…why? (Matt 7:13-14; 21-23) Because God is not a moron who predetermines one’s life course in advance of their birth. What kind of God would sentence someone to death before they were even born???
That is ridiculous!

IMO, your reading of scripture is horribly flawed….but Jesus will have to tell us about that…won’t he? Not you or me. We will all stand before the same judge….I am grateful for that.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get my information from THE Bible Teacher... the Holly Ghost Who was sent by Jesus! View attachment 40046

What did he get wrong about the trinity?
The context that brought up a teacher of mine was Bullinger's translation of the word "spinal Cord" and God does not translate Greek into English for me. So I use men for that.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you had a good first year as a Christian....!!!

Now.... Time to grow up....
Net Eph 1:11
In Christ28 we too have been claimed as God's own possession,29(G280) since we were predestined according to the one purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will

29 tn Grk "we were appointed by lot." The notion of the verb κληρόω (klēroō) in the OT was to "appoint a portion by lot" (the more frequent cognate verb κληρονομέω [klēronomeō] meant "obtain a portion by lot". In the passive, as here, the idea is that "we were appointed [as a portion] by lot" (BDAG 548 s.v. κληρόω 1). The words "God's own" have been supplied in the translation to clarify this sense of the verb. An alternative interpretation is that believers receive a portion as an inheritance: "In Christ we too have been appointed a portion of the inheritance." See H. W. Hoehner, Ephesians, 226-27, for discussion on this interpretive issue.
Word study
G2820

κληρόω klēróō; contracted klērṓ, fut. klērṓsō, from klḗros (G2819), a lot. To cast lots, determine by lot, i.e., to determine something, choose someone. In Eph_1:11, it means, "in whom the lot has fallen upon us also, as foreordained thereto . . . to be" (a.t.). The idea expressed here is that Christians have become heirs of God due to the fact that God predestined them according to His purpose. In a manner of speaking, the "lot" fell to believers not by chance but solely because of the gracious and sovereign decision of God- Almighty to select them to be His heirs.

Deriv.: prosklēróō (G4345), to give or assign by lot.

NASB Pro 20:24 Man's steps are ordained by the LORD, How then can man understand his way?

NET Bible... Pro 20:24 The steps of a person73 are ordained by74 the LORD — so how can anyone75 understand his own76 way?
Pro 20:24

73 tn Heb "the steps of a man"; but "man" is the noun גֶּבֶר (gever, in pause), indicating an important, powerful person. BDB 149-50 s.v. suggests it is used of men in their role of defending women and children; if that can be validated, then a translation of "man" would be appropriate here. But the line seems to have a wider, more general application. The "steps" represent (by implied comparison) the course of life (cf. NLT "the road we travel").

74 tn Heb "from the LORD"; NRSV "ordered by the Lord"; NIV "directed by the Lord."
sn To say that one's steps are ordained by the LORD means that one's course of actions, one's whole life, is divinely prepared and sovereignly superintended (e.g., Gen_50:26; Pro_3:6). Ironically, man is not actually in control of his own steps.

75 tn The verse uses an independent nominative absolute to point up the contrast between the mortal and the immortal: "and man, how can he understand his way?" The verb in the sentence would then be classified as a potential imperfect; and the whole question rhetorical. It is affirming that humans cannot understand very much at all about their lives.

NASB Joh 6:65 And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father."

Now... Spend some time.. on these verses....

CEV Act 13:48 This message made the Gentiles glad, and they praised what they had heard about the Lord. Everyone who had been chosen for eternal life then put their faith in the Lord.

NASB Tit 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

CEV Tit 3:5 He saved us because of his mercy, and not because of any good things that we have done. God washed us by the power of the Holy Spirit. He gave us new birth and a fresh beginning.

CEV Joh 17:2 And you gave him power over all people, so that he would give eternal life to everyone you give him.

Let's make it really simple for YOU....

ESV Rom 11:7 What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, 8 as it is written, "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day."

CEV Rom 11:7 This means that only a chosen few of the people of Israel found what all of them were searching for. And the rest of them were stubborn, 8 just as the Scriptures say, "God made them so stupid that their eyes are blind, and their ears are still deaf."

Paul

I have grown up even into an advanced senior Christian and I still don't follow what you are writing about here. What's your point?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
IF you were Christ like... you would not be saying "Don't F ... it up..."
Not the language Christ would use….even if you are angry, or imagine yourself to be “sent by God” somehow….how we deliver our message is as important as the message itself.

Eph 4:26-32
”Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and give no opportunity to the devil. . . . . 29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. . . . . .. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”

If one is Christ-like, they can speak their truth without malice or derision….and certainly not with vile speech. hmmx1: