Your Thoughts: Are The NT/OT Gods "Different"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And the one God loves you so much too Cooper. I am not sure if a spirit is in danger if they believe the OT and NT is the same God or not. The Bible just says to believe, confess your sins to live. But I do know once you grasp the idea of how high God's standards are concerning sin, and providing His only Son for forgiveness, you just love God all the more.
Indeed, and I love my Jesus too, He is the Great High Priest for ever.

Reactions: Mayflower

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course not.

Because that phase of his plan is over.

He is not going to start over and make a nation out of one man then bring that people to destroy other ungodly nations. Now he’s commanding all men to repent believe in Jesus Christ and the gospel to be delivered from the wrath to come on all people and nations that don’t believe. He will be the one doing the killing when the New Testament prophecies come to pass!
That phase of his plan is over and ENDED, so why bother with a dead duck until the Judgement, when the wicked will be destroyed? The whole world needs to turn to Jesus NOW before it is too late, and My God (Jesus the Coming King) will not be asking his children to destroy the lost. The god of the Old Testament had to get Moses to do his killing for him, sad really. Very sad as well for those poor Canaanites who were tilling the soil and looking after the animals, doing nobody any harm until a hoard of unknowns descended on them and killed them all. What a lovely god the god of the Old Testament is.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament prophets served the I AM. Among them was Isiah who they cut in half with a saw, they killed the father of John the Baptist, and that is only two, they killed the disciples, read Foxes Book of Martyr's, and of course they plotted against Jesus. Now tell me the God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament. They were killing God's own people! The apostle Paul knew the difference.

For the third time now, please answer my question, Cooper. It is a sound one: The apostles were all JEWS. If the true God was opposed to the Jews and their "god," why would He choose twelve JEWS to be His primary disciples, and thousands of other JEWS to be the adherents of His "true" faith for at least a dozen years before the message was ever preached to a single Gentile?
Indeed, and I love my Jesus too, He is the Great High Priest for ever.

No, Cooper. You really don't. You only think you do.
One cannot say they "love" the Lord Jesus Christ yet despise and hate His Father.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For the third time now, please answer my question, Cooper. It is a sound one: The apostles were all JEWS. If the true God was opposed to the Jews and their "god," why would He choose twelve JEWS to be His primary disciples, and thousands of other JEWS to be the adherents of His "true" faith for at least a dozen years before the message was ever preached to a single Gentile?

No, Cooper. You really don't. You only think you do.
One cannot say they "love" the Lord Jesus Christ yet despise and hate His Father.
What nonsense. I have answered your question twice already. You are misrepresenting me and Jesus who said to the Jews "if you knew the Father you would know me." John 8:44. Of course Jesus loves the Jews, he came to the Jews First and chose 12 for his disciples. I only wish all Jews loved Jesus like I do but instead they showed their dislike of him by getting him crucified and then they crucified the disciples. See Foxes Book of Martyrs. Their dislike of Jesus must have been intense, crucifying him like a common criminal. Condemning him to a prolonged and torturous death is barbaric by any standard. He died to save them from their sins, such love as this, no man has ever known.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have just had a thought. If the penalty for illicit sex was the death penalty, why did they not kill Joseph and Mary when she was pregnant with Jesus? To my mind, that proves the Virgin Birth.

Night all.
Wasn't that the whole purpose of sending the angel to Joseph? So that he'd quit worrying and marry her? I always thought that was to protect her. They would assume Joseph as the father and protect her reputation. He planned to divorce her quietly, so she probably wasn't showing at the time.

Back in the day, my grandmother got pregnant as a teenager. (This was when the "can't get pregnant the first time" myth was a thing.) That guy left her, but my grandfather loved her and married her so that she wouldn't be ran out of town and to protect her reputation. He raised the child as his own.

Unrelated but interesting: I think this was also around this time it was also a time when a woman could write a lengthy article in the local paper when your husband was a cheater to let all of the other people in the town know your husband had gone shady.

Wish we could still do that.

Reactions: Cooper

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What nonsense. I have answered your question twice already.

Oh? :)
You are misrepresenting me and Jesus

Ok, LoL! :p
"if you knew the Father you would know me." John 8:44.

Oh my! The same ONE verse you've been quoting for nearly 13 pages now, LoL. Way to bring new "light" to the conversation. Your depth of thought is becoming frightening, LoL.
Of course Jesus loves the Jews, he came to the Jews First and chose 12 for his disciples. I only wish all Jews loved Jesus like I do but instead they showed their dislike of him by getting him crucified and then they crucified the disciples. See Foxes Book of Martyrs. Their dislike of Jesus must have been intense, crucifying him like a common criminal. Condemning him to a prolonged and torturous death is barbaric by any standard. He died to save them from their sins, such love as this, no man has ever known.

Strike three, LoL. Cooper, you really outta quit while you're ahead, cuz I'm gonna keep rubbing your nose in this until you answer it.

Come on, man. Give it an honest try. It's a simple question: The apostles were all JEWS. If the true God was opposed to the Jews and their "god," why would He choose twelve JEWS to be His primary disciples, and thousands of other JEWS to be the adherents of His "true" faith for at least a dozen years before the message was ever preached to a single Gentile?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh? :)

Ok, LoL! :p

Oh my! The same ONE verse you've been quoting for nearly 13 pages now, LoL. Way to bring new "light" to the conversation. Your depth of thought is becoming frightening, LoL.

Strike three, LoL. Cooper, you really outta quit while you're ahead, cuz I'm gonna keep rubbing your nose in this until you answer it.

Come on, man. Give it an honest try. It's a simple question: The apostles were all JEWS. If the true God was opposed to the Jews and their "god," why would He choose twelve JEWS to be His primary disciples, and thousands of other JEWS to be the adherents of His "true" faith for at least a dozen years before the message was ever preached to a single Gentile?
The true God loves the Jews, He chose Jews to be his disciples, friends and companions. You say so yourself. He loves everybody, His offer of salvation is for all people Jew and Gentile alike. The problem is with those, who of their own freewill reject and despise him, even killing him, usually because they have their own god, different from the New Testament God, even serving the idols of riches, power, Hollywood glamour or anything else they prize more highly. The Israelites worshipped graven images made from wood and stone, so yes they most certainly had a different god from the God of the New Testament, who nationally they reject, while allowing him to be a substitute sacrificial lamb. If you know any different please tell. If you continue to hound me, I shall have to take steps and either report you for harassment, the best option, but not as satisfactory, is to put you on ignore.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true God is not opposed to Jews, He chose Jews to be his disciples, friends and companions. You say so yourself. He loves everybody, His offer of salvation is for all people Jew and Gentile alike. The problem is with those, who of their own freewill reject and despise him, even killing him, usually because they have their own god, different from the New Testament God, even serving the idols of riches, power, Hollywood glamour or anything else they prize more highly. The Israelites worshipped graven images made from wood and stone, so yes they most certainly had a different god from the God of the New Testament. If you know any different please tell. If you continue to hound me, I shall have to take steps and either report you for harassment, the best option, but not as satisfactory, is to put you on ignore.

In situations like this, I never choose either of those options. But I'll just leave you alone from now on.

God bless,
- H

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this would be a long discussion that we'd have to set aside for another time. I would discuss Paul's teaching in Colossians that the two became one body in Him, but that's a LOT to unpack right now.

God bless!

Not necessarily, actually. But again, for another time maybe. :)

When you are ready then.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We do deserve death for our iniquities indeed we do. We have much to thank the Lord for, but I cannot help wondering why He came to the Jews first unless it was because they were the most wicked people ever, even killing the prophets and God incarnate.

I think God chooses who He does , so that His goodness and mercy can be shown even more when the people actually do repent.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No for Spiritual Israel are spiritual Jews not gentiles.

The body of christ (the church) is made up of spiritual Israel and spiritual gentiles to form one new man.
I suggest you leave Israel out of the title and put Christ in His rightful place. Jesus belongs in the believers heart of all nations. All men are equally wicked in the sight of God, and God went where he was most needed. He could have been born a Muslim, he could have been a Palestinian, but he went to the Jews. I wonder why? Have you noticed, it is the wrong-doer who gets all the press, and Israel along with other non-Christian nations always get the headlines.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you leave Israel out of the title and put Christ in His rightful place. Jesus belongs in the believers heart of all nations. All men are equally wicked in the sight of God, and God went where he was most needed. He could have been born a Muslim, he could have been a Palestinian, but he went to the Jews. I wonder why? Have you noticed, it is the wrong-doer who gets all the press, and Israel along with other non-Christian nations always get the headlines.

Yes but the bible speaks of the differences and that God has an ongoing plan for natural Israel. If the bible speaks of them we can as well.

In Christ there is no Jew or Gentile but the bride of Christ started at Pentecost and ends at the rapture as far as gathering the bride in.

He went to the Jews because Jesus is Israel 's Messiah! Promised to come by the Father!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On Point, and 100% correct, "Jesus belongs in the believers heart of all nations". Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"
Acts 10:35 "But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him."

as MC Hammer said, "can't touch this"

you're correct.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but the bible speaks of the differences and that God has an ongoing plan for natural Israel. If the bible speaks of them we can as well.

In Christ there is no Jew or Gentile but the bride of Christ started at Pentecost and ends at the rapture as far as gathering the bride in.

He went to the Jews because Jesus is Israel 's Messiah! Promised to come by the Father!
Jesus is EVERYONE'S Messiah across the whole world.

All BELIEVERS of every nation are the Bride of Christ.

The condition is that we need to be ready, willing, waiting and prepared, otherwise Jesus will say, “Verily I say unto you, I know you not.” (Mat 25:12)

For that to happen, the Jewish Nation as a whole needs to turn to Christ. Otherwise if they believe the Talmud, see below, they will never even get an invite to the wedding feast.

Sanhedrin 106a . Jesus' mother was a whore: "She who was the descendant of princes and governors played the harlot with carpenters."

"Jesus is in hell, being boiled in "hot excrement" (Gittin 57a).

"Mary, the mother of Jesus, was a whore and played the harlot with carpenters" (Sanhedrin, 106a,b).

"[Christ] practised sorcery and enticed Israel to apostacy" (Sanhedrin, 43a).

There is more.

If what Jesus said in John 8:44 is correct, and it surely is, then Israel needs to make sure they are not worshiping the angel of light, for even Satan fashions himself into an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14).

When I talk to Jews on the forums, they tell me they do not believe in the Trinity, they do not believe Jesus is the Messiah, God on earth, or if they did, they would not have crucified him. As far as I can tell, the majority are as far away from the true God now, as they were when they crucified him. When people talk about Spiritual Israel as a separate entity from the rest of the world, I cannot help thinking of 2 Corinthians 11:14 and the angel of light.

Then people ask if there two G/gods in the Bible. Of course there are. The true God is the God of the whole world, and not just one nation.

I sincerely hope my fears for Israel are groundless. There needs to be an awaking. As far as I am concerned the subject is closed.

Lights out.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is EVERYONE'S Messiah across the whole world.

All BELIEVERS of every nation are the Bride of Christ.

The condition is that we need to be ready, willing, waiting and prepared, otherwise Jesus will say, “Verily I say unto you, I know you not.” (Mat 25:12)

For that to happen, the Jewish Nation as a whole needs to turn to Christ. Otherwise if they believe the Talmud, see below, they will never even get an invite to the wedding feast.

Yes He is the worlds Messiah, but until the events of Matthew 12 Jesus sent out the disciples to Israel alone!

But since pentecost everyone who believes is the bride of Christ - the one new man. but the bride is finished at the rapture. And the whole nation of Israel will be saved at he end of the tribulstion Ez. 20:33-38, Jer. 31 :31-34, Zech 13:8-9/

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Someone asked if there are two G/gods in the Bible, so let us list them.

1) The I AM. The true God, but rarely seen in the Old Testament.

2) The Golden Calf is called LORD.

3) Baal or Satan is known by a variety of names, but in 2 Corinthians 4:4, he is known as the God of THIS WORLD.

4) Melchizedek. The king of Salem (Gen 14:18) He is the LORD of Moses and will be the LORD who sat in judgement on the Mercy Seat between two golden images, the Cherubim and Seraphim made by Moses, despite his being commanded not to make graven images.

It will be Melchizedek who commanded Moses to kill the Canaanites, and it will be Moses and Eleazar who presented the gold of the captains of thousands and of hundreds, and brought it into the tabernacle of the congregation, for a memorial for the children of Israel before the LORD. (Obviously an offering to an earthly LORD.)

Again: We have therefore brought an oblation for the LORD, what every man hath gotten, of jewels of gold, chains, and bracelets, rings, earrings, and tablets, to make an atonement for our souls before the LORD. And Moses and Eleazar the priest took the gold of them, even all wrought jewels. And all the gold of the offering that they offered up to the LORD, of the captains of thousands, and of the captains of hundreds, was sixteen thousand seven hundred and fifty shekels.
(Numbers 31:50-52 KJV)

This is my LORD and Saviour.
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
(Matthew 6:19-21 ESV)

In summary, there are four LORDS, but only one who is the LORD of heaven and earth. This is the I AM who on earth is named Jesus.

Others reject the Messiah, and worship an earthly god who is the LORD of spiritual Israel.

They need to repent and turn to Jesus urgently, before prophesy is fulfilled.

Last edited: