Your work has only just begun

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
For those nearing or past retirement age, I want to encourage and remind you that the work of the Kingdom is not over yet. There is still a lot of important work to do, most of which doesn't require a strong body.

Think of the blessing you can be by praying in secret. Your prayers for your grandchildren will still be remembered by God long after you are gone.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For those nearing or past retirement age, I want to encourage and remind you that the work of the Kingdom is not over yet. There is still a lot of important work to do, most of which doesn't require a strong body.

Think of the blessing you can be by praying in secret. Your prayers for your grandchildren will still be remembered by God long after you are gone.

Lovely encouraging post. Thanks for the reminder.
Yes, somehow we tend to think of " when we used to be in ministry"....( with husband 80 and me 76) ...but as you say...the child of God never retires from the field. There is always intersession...especially in the many night hours when we no longer can sleep as we used to!! :D

We do now enjoy hearing of those who ...used to be "young people" in the church but are now heading toward 60.
That is a blessing.
Old Eli dropped his guard in his old age...that is fair warning that the people of God should never relax, sit back , or 'fold the hands'...
As the Proverb says:-
"Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:So shall thy ( spiritual) poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man."

No retiring...we die with our spiritual boot on. :)

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

After reading the above post, these songs of praise come to mind:
1 Corinthians 15:57
57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

victory in jesus youtube - Bing video

Last edited: