ZECHARIAH 14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old heaven and the old earth will be over at the second coming.

Rev 20-21 disagree. The NHNE is not until over a thousand years after the second coming. Even the end of Rev 2 shows how there is a rule over the nations after the second coming and after "the end". It's like Amill's just ignore everything in Rev.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rev 20-21 disagree. The NHNE is not until over a thousand years after the second coming. Even the end of Rev 2 shows how there is a rule over the nations after the second coming and after "the end". It's like Amill's just ignore everything in Rev.
Lol
Its like you ignore everything Jesus said about his coming. Thats why you didnt quote the whole of my last post. You left out the scripture Jesus used.
You ignore act 3, you ignore Jude ,you ignore 2 thess 1, and you fail to share Peter's expectation of a NHNE as a result of his coming.
You are happy just to rely on your interpretation without consulting the rest of the NT, like all the scriptures I have just listed.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol
Its like you ignore everything Jesus said about his coming.

I've addressed them many times, while the scriptures I cite are ignored, as you did in your reply.

No scriptures contradict anything Rev teaches. Any you think teach something different are being misunderstood.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20-21 disagree. The NHNE is not until over a thousand years after the second coming. Even the end of Rev 2 shows how there is a rule over the nations after the second coming and after "the end".
Peter taught that the new heavens and new earth will be the direct result of fulfilling the promise of Christ's second coming, but you do not allow other scripture to help you interpret the book of Revelation. Instead, you interpret the book of Revelation in isolation from other scripture while contradicting a great deal of other scripture and you apparently could not care less about that.

You have no answer for what Peter taught in this passage. Your view contradicts what he taught here:

2 Peter 3:3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. 8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

What is "his promise" that He will keep that will result in the new heaven and new earth that we are looking forward to? The promise of His second coming. That means the new heavens and new earth will be a direct result of His second coming rather than being something that won't be ushered in until 1,000+ years later as you believe.

In Matthew 24:35-39, Jesus also connected the passing away of the current heavens and earth with His second coming. Why do you not take scriptures like these into account when interpreting Revelation? That is not wise.

It's like Amill's just ignore everything in Rev.
That is an absolute lie. It is pathetic how you constantly resort to lying. And you do that because you are completely incapable of supporting your view with scripture. All you have are lies and insults and nothing else.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've addressed them many times, while the scriptures I cite are ignored, as you did in your reply.

No scriptures contradict anything Rev teaches. Any you think teach something different are being misunderstood.
And, yet, you are completely incapable of telling us how passages like Matthew 24:35-39 and 2 Peter 3:3-13 should be understood. You may try, but your interpretations of passages like those leave a lot to be desired.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old heaven and the old earth will be over at the second coming.

Matt 24
35 Heaven and earth [as now known] will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

36 “But of that [exact] day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son [in His humanity], but the Father alone.
37 For the coming of the Son of Man (the Messiah) will be just like the days of Noah.

What happened to the wicked in the days of Noah Tim?

Restoration of all things will take place on a NHNE

Act 3
19 So repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret past sins] and return [to God—seek His purpose for your life], so that your sins may be wiped away [blotted out, completely erased], so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord [restoring you like a cool wind on a hot day]; 20 and that He may send [to you] Jesus, the Christ, who has been appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must keep until the time for the [complete] restoration of all things about which God promised through the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.
22 Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your countrymen; you shall listen to Him and obey everything He tells you. 23 And it will be that every person that does not listen to and heed that Prophet will be utterly destroyed from among the people.’
The old heaven and earth was over at the time of Noah's Flood. Yet God did not start a whole new creation while Noah was in the ark.

The Second Coming is like Noah's Flood, no? There will be a new heaven and earth after being destroyed by fire, just like in Noah's day. But not a new creation, just like in Noah's day.

The new creation will be after the 1,000 year reign when Jesus hands back the same creation from the last 8,000 years. Even though it was destroyed 2 times and was made new 2 times. Once by water, and the second time by fire.

No one in Adam's dead corruptible flesh live in the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Only those changed out of the corruptible into the corruptible will live and have offspring for 1,000 years. Of course all the wicked dead in Adam's dead flesh will be destroyed prior to the Millennium. I don't accept classic premil teaching either. But I certainly don't make up my own plan about God's timetable like Amil do. I accept Revelation as written without any excuses that it is too symbolic or that it should be rearranged to suit my eschatological bias like Amil do.

Jesus as King reigns on earth 1,000 years just as John wrote it out in Revelation 20. That point does not contradict nor limit any other point made in the NT or OT.