‘Saved by grace’ is probably the biggest Christian nonsense

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Sin is sin is sin.

Adam ate a fruit. and look at how God punished not only him but the world for that one act of sin.

Sorry my friend.. Stop looking at how good you are. and repent at how evil you are..
Why does it have to be either or? Why do you have to decide between looking at how good you are or how evil you are? Why can’t you just remain neutral and admit, “I don’t know.” I think the person that can say they don’t know, is the most honest person there can be. No need to elevate or downgrade yourself. Just be

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It comes to learning that all human beings start off without having the holy spirit.

The Victim can overcome the things that has happened to them, in finding Yahava, but if they choose to blame Yahava for the others mistake or abuse, it could be much harder.

Jesus states in Mark 7:20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Those are just some of my thoughts @Romanov2488

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It comes to learning that all human beings start off without having the holy spirit.

The Victim can overcome the things that has happened to them, in finding Yahava, but if they choose to blame Yahava for the others mistake or abuse, it could be much harder.

Jesus states in Mark 7:20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Those are just some of my thoughts @Romanov2488
Hold on, we are putting the cart before the horse here.

Instead of starting off with “all human beings start off without the holy spirit”, let’s first start off with demonstrating that there is such a thing as the ‘holy spirit’ to begin with. To assert that all human beings start off without having a Holy Spirit, is already under the premise that the Holy Spirit is a real thing. It is under the assumption that we both believe that the Holy Spirit is real. In order for everything else you’ve said to have any validity, the thing you’re talking about must first meet its burden of proof. If I start talking to you about the 9th realm upon ascension from the physical plane, would you indulge everything I have to say afterwards? Would you not pause me and request evidence of my claim?

Reactions: Niblo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems you already know a lot already. @Romanov2488. There is no point in me trying to prove any point. As even with the Bible itself the first sentence that it starts with is “in the beginning Yahavah” or “in the beginning God”, and that alone takes faith to believe, sir, which conjoins with faith. Faith is defined by the author of the letter to the Jewish people, who wrote concerning the superiority of Christ over the Law which has been fulfilled by him.

“Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation. By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

There for it all boils down to, what is it you have faith in? In my opinion, you can choose not to have faith, or choose to do so, as I cant force anyone to do anything.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could listne to you talk about the 9th realm, but eventhally you would have nothing more to say about it. (I can only say so little about what heaven could be line in the same manner). If you believe in it (9th realm), there would be no reason to condemn you. As a free person in this world what you believe is not something I have to believe, it just like when Jesus walked the earth. Some believed on him, some did not and doubted him as the messiah. He is the only one I know who makes people right with God and my choice would be him over speculative practices of any religion(s) out there @Romanov2488, and that is said in the utmost respect as you are my fellow neighbor, as he is also the only one that I know that change a life from a former lived old life into a new life, because of the death, burial, and resurrection of course it takes faith to believe in. Thank you for your question.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it have to be either or? Why do you have to decide between looking at how good you are or how evil you are? Why can’t you just remain neutral and admit, “I don’t know.” I think the person that can say they don’t know, is the most honest person there can be. No need to elevate or downgrade yourself. Just be
That's not how the gospel works.

Paul said all have sinned and fall short of Gods glory (rom 3: 23)

Unless you repent of this fact. and confess you are not good enough. you will never come to faith in Christ. because you have not become bankrupt. You will still think there is some good in you worthy of Gods

Reactions: mailmandan

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then I can say atheism isn’t what you think it is, and you aren’t who you think you are, and those you condemn aren’t those that you think they are.

No atheism is pretty clearly defined. Salvation is not so easy a concept. I say you don't understand because of what you post.
People say OH HOW can God forgive __________ this horrible person that did ______________!?!?! That's unforgivable!
Well we all have 'unforgiveable' sin. However, it is forgivable. The only unforgiveable sin is rejecting Christ. He did not come for the righteous.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Na, that’s just a cop out to remain trapped with a low level of self-esteem. Lumping pedophiles and rape victims together, pure bullocks.

Christians have such a low view of themselves, constantly having to look over their shoulder uncertain if their overlord will forgive them or not.

“If one repents and falls on his knees”
You mean if one kisses ass and falls to his knees for the invisible man? Belief in God has been the perfect control tactic all throughout humanity. Perhaps belief in God is really what the Original Sin is.
Just have to ask.

Why are you so miserable?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your analogy is invalid. I’m posting in the proper section of this forum. I am not in the Christian section, you are in the non-Christian section.

And just out of curiosity. When you were participating in this door knocking ministry, were they sending you off to trainings at Lowe’s or IKEA to knock on their display doors there?
Guilt by association fallacy alert. But you believe you came from goo , hence the goo man . I’ll take the intelligent invisible man over the uninformed and unintelligent goo man.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pedophile molests a child who is atheist or lgbt. In fact there was a child raped at 10 who went and got an abortion. The pedophile later repents and ‘finds Jesus’. The pedophile is now ‘saved’ but the rape victim is not?

Why is this tenet of Christianity so disgusting? Is this seriously the type of critical thinking believers exude? Why is a supreme being so needy and desperate for recognition?

Is this the part where ‘God works in mysterious ways’?
The mysterious way is how He is working on your life?
Some principles:
God is love.
You can't force anyone to love you, a choice has to be given. He knocks on your door, will stand there for a lifetime, waiting for you to open the door and invite Him in. He's not forcing you to believe. But through life He brings gs you through many experiences and you learn from them.
One of the main purposes for mankind is to know and understand the difference between good and evil. We can't really know God and appreciate his attributes until we understand through experiences the opposites ( evil).
#1 purpose in life: To be reconciled to God through Jesus. We, by nature, are born separate from God, spiritually blind and rebelliously resisting Him at every turn. We go through life wanting to be on our own throne, director of our own reality and future, in control. We are not in control as you have noticed. At some point, through all the trials and tribulations, you realize your way is just not working and you surrender, "God please help me, I can't do this anymore ... if you are there, show me the way?" Or something like that. God leads you to this point,a divine appointment, at which time He removes the veil of blindness so that you can see.
He will continue to knock until your last breath, how gracious and kind is that?
But salvation is for today, don't wait, to.orrow us promised to no one and death comes unannounced quickly sometimes.

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Or the two with one all three called life from patterns first earth elements life have survival by natural abilities the life called MAN who as that name male female didn't need ink and paper for what experience for all life types can be specific ability the body, shell, skin with hair or reptiles, birds, fish, insects, plants, mold, ect ect ect the ability of MAN copy all those behaviors is natural bookless behaviors from A to Z so the the term called Christian book is actually about MAN MIND is what no Book is able to record the only name I AM all things in conscience the allegories with dark sayings of written stories not about sex or male female, no jew or gentile ect................in first thoughts all imaginations the true gospel your mind asleep when new birth gets built higher from eath element being your master in times repeat by same shine from Sun a parable of sperm cause life to replenish in egg or any female womb has seed or egg ect so your mind still in womb with earth being like cell expand till ready to be born with how many cells? So reasons for how they all built your whole systems your book is good story tales.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘Saved by grace’ is probably the biggest Christian nonsense…
Thread title ^

It is by Gods virtue of His Grace a man is able to be made sanctified.

Jesus has never been LOST, however human persons certainly have been LOST, liars, cheats, thieves, underhanded, rapists, abusers, extorters, arsonists, destroyers, murderers, mean, AND quite satisfied with the results of their behavior.

When a person becomes sorrowful and ashamed of his own behavior and Truly desires to 180 his behaviors, Gods Grace is available to that person.

If Gods own Offering to His Creations is NOT amicable to you, what does it matter?
Pretty sure God did not consult and council with His creations as to what He should choose to Offer His creations.

Gods court has not YET convened.
God is JUST, everyone will get what they deserve According to the Evidence in Gods records and books.

Glory to God,
Taken

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not how the gospel works.

Paul said all have sinned and fall short of Gods glory (rom 3: 23)

Unless you repent of this fact. and confess you are not good enough. you will never come to faith in Christ. because you have not become bankrupt. You will still think there is some good in you worthy of Gods
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23) Until we get to the end of the creature we will not get to the beginning of the Creator.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Maxim

Nov 10, 2023
Yaroslavl
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
Are you still here?

First, you're wrong in the very beginning of the thread. Both of them can be saved, if they repent. Repent doesn't mean to just say "I was wrong" or just stop doing something, but change your deeds and follow Jesus word.

Second, you're terribly wrong in the words I citated. People are treacherous, liars, hypocrites etc. They sin constantly. If you're not even admitting your wrongdoings then you'll be condemned. You can't remain neutral and "you know", that you're doing bad things, you're just closing your eyes. You show that you know it for example when you're pretending you didn't do something, because you know that you're guilty. You understand what's good and evil, but still choose evil. You understand it, because you try to look good in other people eyes on the outside, but are not thinking to be actually good on the inside. Or for example when you blame someone in what they did to you, but then do exactly the same or similar thing to others. By this you're blaming yourself through your words and will be condemned, because you know what is good and bad.

So if you want to be honest with yourself then don't do to others what you don't wish to be done to your and do to others what you wish to be done to you if you were in their place.

Also we're not unsure about our salvation, we'll be saved for sure if we follow Jesus. And we're not downgrading ourselves, we're just admitted that it's impossible for human to not sin and therefore be saved through justice by themselves.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A pedophile molests a child who is atheist or lgbt. In fact there was a child raped at 10 who went and got an abortion. The pedophile later repents and ‘finds Jesus’. The pedophile is now ‘saved’ but the rape victim is not?

Why is this tenet of Christianity so disgusting? Is this seriously the type of critical thinking believers exude? Why is a supreme being so needy and desperate for recognition?

What do you believe you are saved by? Or do you admit / acknowledge that you are doomed?

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

How is it disgusting to have forgiveness for sins? The whole point of "saved by grace" is that nobody can earn their way into heaven. Nobody. Being a good person does not get you into heaven. Whether you're a good atheist, or an innocent child, or a victim of a horrible crime, you still don't get to go to heaven, except through grace. So without grace, there is no difference between the rapist and the victim.

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you believe you are saved by? Or do you admit / acknowledge that you are doomed?
I can give you the user names of 11 people who say I am doomed or they question if I would be saved....

And that is because I trust in the shed blood of Jesus and my spirit being born again in God rather then

WATER

So shall I add your name to my list??????????????????????

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it disgusting to have forgiveness for sins? The whole point of "saved by grace" is that nobody can earn their way into heaven. Nobody. Being a good person does not get you into heaven. Whether you're a good atheist, or an innocent child, or a victim or a horrible crime, you still don't get to go to heaven, except through grace. So without grace, there is no difference between the rapist and the victim.
It is only disgusting to those who have self doubt.

They do not understand We walk by faith, not by sight.

They do not understand For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

They cannot comprehend it is their spirits that get born again for they simply cannot believe.

And nothing anyone says... or written in the four corners of the guaranteed canon of the Holy Bible means anything to them.

Because their "Father of lies" has them so disillusioned that they are blinded to the truth.

Reactions: Nancy