“Bible alone” is the cos of confusion!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth is immutable! Cannot change!

And same truths revealed by Christ and taught by the church are always believed and taught from the beginning when Christ taught his church in person! Jude 1:3 the faith once delivered to the saints or the deposit of faith eph 4:5 one faith!

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is Jesus Christ high priest?

Yeah, and ALL... believers on Jesus Christ are promised to be made priests, and kings. And Jesus ENDED the need for the Levitical priesthood when He died on His cross, and NOW there is only ONE MEDIATOR between God and man, and That is Lord Jesus Christ, and not some man-made priest system built on the model of the old covenant.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most Common form of blasphemy!

Those who make themselves the only arbiter of truth!

They put themselves in the place of God!

God alone can determine truth and morals!

We must in humility be taught of God and Christ thru His church and apostles!

Pride, presumption, and arrogance are the high virtures of Protestantism fundamentalism!

ALL... of those statements above are nothing but ideas of the HERETIC against The Word of God.

It is the Catholic priest system that TRIES to put itself in place of God, their priests proposing to be able to forgive sins when the sinner has even asked God Himself through His Son.

It is the Catholic system doctrines of men that BLASPHEME falsely teaching to pray to Mary thus trying to make Mary part of The Godhead!

It is the Catholic system doctrines of men that wrongly teach praying to ANGELS and to the dead, when Apostle Paul directed Christians to NOT do that!

It is the wicked Catholic priesthood system that Tries to make themselves the SOLE ARBITER of Truth, teaching the people to blindly follow them INSTEAD OF GETTING INTO GOD'S WRITTEN WORD FOR THEMSELVES! Thus the Catholic system doctrines of MEN go against the individual believer studying their Bible for theirself! (I was in Spain in the mid 1970's, and that was still... the way it was there with the Catholic Church. I saw a Bible on a shelf in a Spanish lady's living room, and asked if she read it. She said, "Oh no, that's for the parish priest to tell us what it says." No Protestant Church was openly allowed to have their own public meeting place. They had to meet in homes, just like the early disciples because of the corrupt Pharisees.)

The Catholic priest system promotes self-pride, arrogance, and lack of virtues with its many sins of sodomy, and seditions by the Jesuit Order (see the Catholic priest Malchi Martin's book The Jesuits https://www.amazon.com/Jesuits-Malachi-Martin/dp/067165716X.)

Fundamentalist Christianity still adheres to a Bible believing Faith, just like the early disciples. The Catholic Church today especially hates Protestant Fundamentalists because Protestants STILL stand against the corrupt Roman Church system governed by Rome that TRIED to takeover the British Church which was actually FIRST to accept Christ Jesus while Rome was still pagan!

And even today with the Catholic Church fake discoveries of Greek New Testament manuscripts, like the Codex Vaticanus (1475) and Codex Sinaiticus (1850), they still try to remove early Christian Doctrine that the Protestant Fundamentalist Faith knows from the ancient Traditional texts, which are proven to be the actual Bible text handed down from Christ's Apostles and disciples.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, and ALL... believers on Jesus Christ are promised to be made priests, and kings. And Jesus ENDED the need for the Levitical priesthood when He died on His cross, and NOW there is only ONE MEDIATOR between God and man, and That is Lord Jesus Christ, and not some man-made priest system built on the model of the old covenant.

not believers, believers are only catechumens not Christian’s
Faith and baptism are required to be Christian

now Christians are priests of the royal priesthood

Christ is “high” priest according to the Order of melchisedec so there must be “low” priests of the same order who offer the same sacrifice

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of ranting against what we believe to be the whore of Revelations 17-13-16 ( cxt )
These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
These shall make war with the Lamb,and the LAMB SHALL OVERCOME THEM: for he is LORD of lords, and KING of kings: and THEY THAT ARE WITH HIM ARE CALLED,AND CHOSEN AND FAITHFUL.
And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest,where the WHORE sitteth ARE PEOPLES,AND MULTITUDES,AND NATIONS,AND TONGUES.
And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast,these shall hate the whore, and shall make her DESOLATE and naked,and shall eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

How many many ppls are Catholic? Multitudes nations and tongues worship by the Catholic faith. Should we hate them ? No.
We as believers of Jesus should show LOVE unto all that we might win some.

Seeing as I cannot see the true heart of anyone then I cannot judge their status with God!

This I know and believe and stand upon, the word of God is truth and is the only TRUTH. It is free to whomsoever will take it to find the TRUTH.So is the gift of salvation,, John 3:16 is the reason bc God loved the souls he created in the world.

Revelations 17:1/2 ( cxt) tells us this is HER judgment by whom?
Us ? Nay but by the Almighty supreme God, creator of all.

Now we can bash, hate on, cause upset, rant and throw a tantrum, but to what effect or end ? Nothing.
We cause ourselves to be open to the enemy by OUR ACTIONS, HEART AND WORDS when we DONT act according to God's word.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only was the Word of God obscure during times of darkness but it has been forbidden by nations unto the ppl.
WHY?

Heres why,
Romans 1:14-17 ( cxt )
I am a debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise and unwise.
So, as much as in me is, I am ready to PREACH THE GOSPEL TO YOU THAT ARE AT ROME ALSO......
[.RCC ]
For I am NOT ashamed of THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST: FOR IT IS THE POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION TO EVERYONE THAT BELIEVETH; to the Jew first,and also to the Greek.
For herein is the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD REVEALED FROM FAITH TO FAITH: as it is written the just shall live by faith.

There may come a time again that the RCC has all the power, I dont know; God does.
There may come a time again where we have no word, I dont know; God does.
There may even come a time when ALL of the Word we have is what weve hidden in our hearts , it has already been in WW2, read the " Hiding Place " by Corrie ten Boom and others, not so long ago.

God knows the beginning and the end. We must feast and drink of his word that we may be prepared for whatever may come our way; God knows!

Reactions: farouk

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not believers, believers are only catechumens not Christian’s
Faith and baptism are required to be Christian

now Christians are priests of the royal priesthood

Christ is “high” priest according to the Order of melchisedec so there must be “low” priests of the same order who offer the same sacrifice

Just more CONFUSION of the Catholic system from men's doctrines.

They don't really... see individual Christians as a holy priesthood, because 'they' would rather STEAL that power of making priests unto themselves and their orders they 'create' over believers. And no matter if one is gay and likes the little choir boys, that's OK in their system, otherwise they would make strong examples of those fake priests. And now it's even OK to be a communist and a priest in their false system from men!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of ranting against what we believe to be the whore of Revelations 17-13-16 ( cxt )
These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
These shall make war with the Lamb,and the LAMB SHALL OVERCOME THEM: for he is LORD of lords, and KING of kings: and THEY THAT ARE WITH HIM ARE CALLED,AND CHOSEN AND FAITHFUL.
And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest,where the WHORE sitteth ARE PEOPLES,AND MULTITUDES,AND NATIONS,AND TONGUES.
And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast,these shall hate the whore, and shall make her DESOLATE and naked,and shall eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

How many many ppls are Catholic? Multitudes nations and tongues worship by the Catholic faith. Should we hate them ? No.
We as believers of Jesus should show LOVE unto all that we might win some.

Seeing as I cannot see the true heart of anyone then I cannot judge their status with God!

This I know and believe and stand upon, the word of God is truth and is the only TRUTH. It is free to whomsoever will take it to find the TRUTH.So is the gift of salvation,, John 3:16 is the reason bc God loved the souls he created in the world.

Revelations 17:1/2 ( cxt) tells us this is HER judgment by whom?
Us ? Nay but by the Almighty supreme God, creator of all.

Now we can bash, hate on, cause upset, rant and throw a tantrum, but to what effect or end ? Nothing.
We cause ourselves to be open to the enemy by OUR ACTIONS, HEART AND WORDS when we DONT act according to God's word.

believers are not Christians but only catechumens

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Centuries back, Chillingworth said:

"The Bible and the Bible alone is the religion of Protestants".

(In other words, I supposed, don't make it supposedly essential to have all the other paraphernalia .....)

cc @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just more CONFUSION of the Catholic system from men's doctrines.

They don't really... see individual Christians as a holy priesthood, because 'they' would rather STEAL that power of making priests unto themselves and their orders they 'create' over believers. And no matter if one is gay and likes the little choir boys, that's OK in their system, otherwise they would make strong examples of those fake priests. And now it's even OK to be a communist and a priest in their false system from men!

thats not the be true church but the Vatican 2 sect

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Centuries back, Chillingworth said:

"The Bible and the Bible alone is the religion of Protestants".

(In other words, I supposed, don't make it supposedly essential to have all the other paraphernalia .....)

cc @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d

Lol, how absurd a statement to stand on @theefaith !

Are you of another belief than the bible is the Word of God, or Jesus being God was made flesh to purchase our sin debt ?

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul , here is yet another RCC member:
Unity of faith!

“Bible alone” is the cos of division / confusion:

Not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority, or the Bible and the teaching authority of Christ in His church founded on Peter and his successors! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31 acts 2:42

Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.

Not one of these are found in scripture!

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19 times
Instruction is found 33 times

Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul , yet another member of the RCC.

I beg to differ.

I am not, nor have I ever even been to a catholic church nor for sure a roman catholic one.

I was church of God out of Tennessee for many years.PENTECOSTAL

Now I'm just a followerer in the Way of Christ Jesus, my Lord and saviour.

It might behoove you to NOT make false accusations against ppl you clearly DO NOT KNOW !

I know Paul and I know Jesus but What the hay are you ?
Besides an antagonist and a beep.
You definetly have calvinistic leanings so whats your faith affilated with ?

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats not the be true church but the Vatican 2 sect

Luther didn't want to end the Catholic system. It was the extraneous doctrines those in control of the Catholic system had added and gotten away from the simplicity of Bible Scripture that he wanted to try and correct. Instead of Luther causing a correction, God did it. And thus came the Protestant Faith, which in reality had always existed from the 1st century Apostles and disciples in the first place, that early history of the Church being in Britain.