“The Law of the Spirit of Life”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you give another example on the English language... Or Greek... Whereby,a law met/obeyed/fulfilled means passes away? For example, can i convince the police officer that because I obeyed the speeding laws yesterday, they don't apply to me today?
The Old Covenant (the Law of Moses or Pentateuch) was "taken away" in order to set up the New Covenant in Christ and His Gospel: He taketh away the first (OT), that He may establish the second (NT); Heb 10:9.

"For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second" (Heb 8:7). The first Covenant wasn't meant to remain but was use to bring abut the New and second covenant.

"He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises" (New Covenant - Heb 8:6).

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nope, believers still commit acts of sin, in word, thought and deed.

The born again Spirit is in union with God's Spirit, for eternity.
So, there is no sin found there.

The born again are "seated in heavenly places", "in Christ", and there is no sin found there.

So, Johann,.......What you are confusing....... is the carnal mind (the old man of the flesh) with the born again Spirit.

So, when you speak about a "christian" sinning, you have to make the literal distinction between what is the Born Again Spirit, and what is the mind of the flesh that is carnal at all times, that is "crucified with Christ" and Paul told you to "reckon it DEAD".

So, the Spirit, that is born again, is this..

= "As CHRIST IS< so are the born again in this world"'.

See that? There is no sin found there, and that is how the Born again exist., always.

And notice the born again are become "the righteousness of God, in Christ"......and there is no sin found there.

But the MIND, that is un-renewed, is the same mind that is in the old carnal man of the flesh, YET< because the Spirit has been "circumcised" apart from that old man of the flesh, Colossians 2:11......= because the old man is crucified with Christ......they are NOT "One" any longer.

This is why a born again Christian is not a Saved sinner, as the Born Again Spirit is "one with God".....a NEW CREATION..... having received "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

So, when you read a verse that says "being now made FREE FROM SIN", and you read how...."= God made Jesus to be SIN FOR US">.... "US" is the born again........when you learn this reality, as revelation, then you'll understand these 2 verses.

Romans 4:8

2 Corinthians 5:19

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One question.
Do you think the ekklesia have "replaced" Israel?
That's a great question, and one I've mulled over often. I see Israel and the church are now one. There is no special agenda for either one, both are now included in God's promises for His kingdom. The gospel to be preached by the church, (Revelation 14:6-12) as present truth for these last days, must go to all nations, kingdoms, tongues, tribes and peoples. That includes Israel and Antarctica. Not do I believe there are any special eschatological advantage for either the church or Israel.
And this will set the cat among the pigeons... Israel today is a secular nation with a small religious minority headed up by Rabbis who follow the Talmud rather than the "law and the testimony". They need Jesus as much as anyone, and the current Christian political empathy toward Israel is utterly misguided.

Reactions: Johann

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No worries, there is always a misunderstanding on Social Media, had we been sitting together, Face to face, talking TO each other, showing reciprocal respect, things would have been different @Brakelite.

But be careful with..."this is a flat out lie..." since in a debate that sort of terminologies does/do not sit well.
J.
Appreciate your understanding. Thank you. I can be blunt at times and come across as belligerent and impatient and lacking in sympathy, yet as you say, face to face I am a cuddly teddy bear.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Love is the fulfilling of the law. Yes, it goes beyond the decalogue, but doesn't exclude it.
Well, you may have noticed many here are excluding the 10 commandments, which is fulfilled in Christ, and on the Sermon on the Mount Christ gave the full meaning of the commandments, which is not abolished.
We are not lawless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Appreciate your understanding. Thank you. I can be blunt at times and come across as belligerent and impatient and lacking in sympathy, yet as you say, face to face I am a cuddly teddy bear.
Lol!
I deeply appreciate you Brakelite, let us continue running this race.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That's a great question, and one I've mulled over often. I see Israel and the church are now one. There is no special agenda for either one, both are now included in God's promises for His kingdom. The gospel to be preached by the church, (Revelation 14:6-12) as present truth for these last days, must go to all nations, kingdoms, tongues, tribes and peoples. That includes Israel and Antarctica. Not do I believe there are any special eschatological advantage for either the church or Israel.
And this will set the cat among the pigeons... Israel today is a secular nation with a small religious minority headed up by Rabbis who follow the Talmud rather than the "law and the testimony". They need Jesus as much as anyone, and the current Christian political empathy toward Israel is utterly misguided.
What do we do with Rom 11? Futuristic, the valley of the dry bones....
But a great post here

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is the fulfilling of the law. Yes, it goes beyond the decalogue, but doesn't exclude it.
The Law was for a certain people (Israel) for a certain time (OT). There are numerous passages demonstrating the "passing away" of the Law. There cannot be two Covenants in effect. He taketh away the first, that He may establish the second. (Heb 10:9).

"He is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second" (Heb 8:6, 7, also 8-12).

God bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law was for a certain people (Israel) for a certain time (OT). There are numerous passages demonstrating the "passing away" of the Law. There cannot be two Covenants in effect. He taketh away the first, that He may establish the second. (Heb 10:9).

"He is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second" (Heb 8:6, 7, also 8-12).

God bless!
For finding FAULT with them he brought a new covenant . I will write my laws in their hearts and in their minds .
The flesh could not attain , but IN CHRIST the lambs can now worship GOD as HE always desired to be worshipped .
So follow the SPIRIT and ye shall not fullfill the lusts of the flesh .
GOD found fault with THEM . THEY did not follow Him , they disobeyed GOD
so GOD made the new covenant in CHRIST so that all who do believe in HIM
would now worship HIM in SPIRIT and IN TRUTH . God is just as displeased with sin in these days
as he was in the old test times . HE will never embrace sin . BUT has given us a way
THE WAY in CHRIST by which we can walk as HE desired us to walk . Let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD .
Your works cannot save you , by grace through faith in Christ one is saved . AND we are HIS WORKMAN SHIP
created unto good works as GOD long ago ordained to walk in . HE has made the way
HE has freed the slaves in bondage by JESUS CHRIST . Now BE YE HOLY for HE is Holy
and let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity . DO not honor inquity for that is not charity
Do not hold dark rainbow flags high and hug all and say all is well . FOR that is not charity .
And if one has not charity , IT PROFITS them nothing . Charity rejoices NOT IN INQUITY
BUT IN THE TRUTH , THE TRUTH , THE TRUTH .

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For finding FAULT with them he brought a new covenant . I will write my laws in their hearts and in their minds .
The flesh could not attain , but IN CHRIST the lambs can now worship GOD as HE always desired to be worshipped .
So follow the SPIRIT and ye shall not fullfill the lusts of the flesh .
GOD found fault with THEM . THEY did not follow Him , they disobeyed GOD
so GOD made the new covenant in CHRIST so that all who do believe in HIM
would now worship HIM in SPIRIT and IN TRUTH . God is just as displeased with sin in these days
as he was in the old test times . HE will never embrace sin . BUT has given us a way
THE WAY in CHRIST by which we can walk as HE desired us to walk . Let all that draws breath praise the glorious LORD .
Your works cannot save you , by grace through faith in Christ one is saved . AND we are HIS WORKMAN SHIP
created unto good works as GOD long ago ordained to walk in . HE has made the way
HE has freed the slaves in bondage by JESUS CHRIST . Now BE YE HOLY for HE is Holy
and let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity . DO not honor inquity for that is not charity
Do not hold dark rainbow flags high and hug all and say all is well . FOR that is not charity .
And if one has not charity , IT PROFITS them nothing . Charity rejoices NOT IN INQUITY
BUT IN THE TRUTH , THE TRUTH , THE TRUTH .
Those among Israel who believe in God and not Jesus will continue as a people of God and miss the son-ship in Christ. They will inherit the new earth, and Christians the new heaven.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those among Israel who believe in God and not Jesus will continue as a people of God and miss the son-ship in Christ. They will inherit the new earth, and Christians the new heaven.
Thats not what JESUS told the jews who believed not in Him . Some folks come up with some of the oddest stuff .
The jew or gentile who believes not in CHRIST will be damned . Lets keep it real and not be taken in with fables .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats not what JESUS told the jews who believed not in Him . Some folks come up with some of the oddest stuff .
The jew or gentile who believes not in CHRIST will be damned . Lets keep it real and not be taken in with fables .
Maybe what NC is saying here, the Jews who believe in God, and therefore will not worship the beast at the end of the age, should they endure to the end, Jesus will return and save them, and rescue them from the armies of the beast, and He will pour out a spirit of grace and supplication upon them. They won't be unbelievers any longer! He will restore them as a nation. They will become His kingdom of priests, acting as His priests to the rest of the nations. Every cooking pot Holy to the LORD.

But they won't have come to faith in the current dispensation, and they remain the nation of Israel, not "in Christ is neither Greek nor Jew". @David in NJ

We are all the people of God, we're not all in the same postion or role.

Trying to homogonize everyone produces problems, whether it's the 24 elders, the 144,000, the nation of Israel, the Church, whomever. We need to understand the distinctives, where they fit, why they are true, and how it all harmonizes.

Much love!

@Netchaplain do please let me know if I'm answering as you would . . .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGREE -
It's heresy for it completely goes against Christ's words and the words of the Apostles.

"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad." - Matt 12:30

So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?”

23And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins;
for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.
John ch8

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe what NC is saying here, the Jews who believe in God, and therefore will not worship the beast at the end of the age, should they endure to the end, Jesus will return and save them, and rescue them from the armies of the beast, and He will pour out a spirit of grace and supplication upon them. They won't be unbelievers any longer! He will restore them as a nation. They will become His kingdom of priests, acting as His priests to the rest of the nations. Every cooking pot Holy to the LORD.

But they won't have come to faith in the current dispensation, and they remain the nation of Israel, not "in Christ is neither Greek nor Jew". @David in NJ

Trying to homogonize everyone produces problems, whether it's the 24 elders, the 144,000, the nation of Israel, the Church, whomever. We need to understand the distinctives, where they fit, why they are true, and how it all harmonizes.

Much love!

I'm still not sure how God is going to save all Israel, but your model looks ok.

This is what keeps me thinking about the salvation of the Jews who believe in God, which is more than what can be said for the world who will not believe in God:

--John Gill Verse 26. "And so all Israel shall be saved,...." Meaning not the mystical spiritual Israel of God, consisting both of Jews and Gentiles, who shall appear to be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation, when all God's elect among the latter are gathered in, which is the sense many give into; but the people of the Jews, the generality of them, the body of that nation, called "the fulness" of them, Romans 11:12, and relates to the latter day, when a nation of them shall be born again at once; when, their number being as the sand of the sea, they shall come up out of the lands where they are dispersed, and appoint them one head, Christ, and great shall be the day of Jezreel; when they as a body, even the far greater part of them that shall be in being, shall return and seek the Lord their God, and David their King; shall acknowledge Jesus to be the true Messiah, and shall look to him, believe on him, and be saved by him from wrath to come. There is a common saying among them {c}, abh Mlwel qlx Mhl vy larvy lk, "all Israel shall have a part," or "portion in the world to come"; and in support of this they usually produce the passage in Isaiah 60:21: "thy people also shall be all righteous": yea, they even go so far as to say {d}, "that hell fire will have no power over the transgressors of Israel;" fancying, that every individual person of their nation will be saved; though they sometimes except such who deny the resurrection of the dead, and that the law is from heaven, or is an epicure, and he that reads foreign books, or is an enchanter, or pronounces the ineffable name: but the apostle is not to be understood with such a latitude; he refers to the last times, and to a very general conversion of them to the Messiah"

Albert Barnes: All Israel - All the Jews. It was a maxim among the Jews that “every Israelite should have part in the future age.” (Grotius.) The apostle applies that maxim to his own purpose; and declares the sense in which it would be true. He does not mean to say that every Jew of every age would be saved; for he had proved that a large portion of them would be, in his time, rejected and lost. But the time would come when, as a people, they would be recovered; when the nation would turn to God; and when it could be said of them that, as a nation, they were restored to the divine favor. It is not clear that he means that even then every individual of them would be saved, but the body of them; the great mass of the nation would be. Nor is it said when this would be. This is one of the things which “the Father hath put in his own power;” Acts 1:7. He has given us the assurance that it shall be done to encourage us in our efforts to save them; and he has concealed the time when it shall be, lest we should relax our efforts, or feel that no exertions were needed to accomplish what must take place at a fixed time."

Reactions: marks

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm still not sure how God is going to save all Israel, but your model looks ok.

This is what keeps me thinking about the salvation of the Jews who believe in God, which is more than what can be said for the world who will not believe in God:

--John Gill Verse 26. "And so all Israel shall be saved,...." Meaning not the mystical spiritual Israel of God, consisting both of Jews and Gentiles, who shall appear to be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation, when all God's elect among the latter are gathered in, which is the sense many give into; but the people of the Jews, the generality of them, the body of that nation, called "the fulness" of them, Romans 11:12, and relates to the latter day, when a nation of them shall be born again at once; when, their number being as the sand of the sea, they shall come up out of the lands where they are dispersed, and appoint them one head, Christ, and great shall be the day of Jezreel; when they as a body, even the far greater part of them that shall be in being, shall return and seek the Lord their God, and David their King; shall acknowledge Jesus to be the true Messiah, and shall look to him, believe on him, and be saved by him from wrath to come. There is a common saying among them {c}, abh Mlwel qlx Mhl vy larvy lk, "all Israel shall have a part," or "portion in the world to come"; and in support of this they usually produce the passage in Isaiah 60:21: "thy people also shall be all righteous": yea, they even go so far as to say {d}, "that hell fire will have no power over the transgressors of Israel;" fancying, that every individual person of their nation will be saved; though they sometimes except such who deny the resurrection of the dead, and that the law is from heaven, or is an epicure, and he that reads foreign books, or is an enchanter, or pronounces the ineffable name: but the apostle is not to be understood with such a latitude; he refers to the last times, and to a very general conversion of them to the Messiah"

Albert Barnes: All Israel - All the Jews. It was a maxim among the Jews that “every Israelite should have part in the future age.” (Grotius.) The apostle applies that maxim to his own purpose; and declares the sense in which it would be true. He does not mean to say that every Jew of every age would be saved; for he had proved that a large portion of them would be, in his time, rejected and lost. But the time would come when, as a people, they would be recovered; when the nation would turn to God; and when it could be said of them that, as a nation, they were restored to the divine favor. It is not clear that he means that even then every individual of them would be saved, but the body of them; the great mass of the nation would be. Nor is it said when this would be. This is one of the things which “the Father hath put in his own power;” Acts 1:7. He has given us the assurance that it shall be done to encourage us in our efforts to save them; and he has concealed the time when it shall be, lest we should relax our efforts, or feel that no exertions were needed to accomplish what must take place at a fixed time."
Love Gill and Ol' Barnes.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGREE -
It's heresy for it completely goes against Christ's words and the words of the Apostles.

"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad." - Matt 12:30

So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?”

23And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins;
for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.
John ch8
Notice what paul also says to the jews who beleived not . IT was NECESSARY to have FIRST preached this to you ,
but seeing you count yourselves unworthy of everlasting life , Lo we turn to the gentiles .
Both peter and paul would preach to the jews in every synagogue .
I notice when the jews opposed and blasphmed , that paul and them WOULD DO exactly what JESUS said to do .
Shake the dust off against them as a testimony against them .
Folks dont read the bible . How often the jews who claimed to follow MOSES and GOD
were rebuked by CHRIST HIMSELF . HE even told them , IF YE BELIEVED MOSES you WOULD HAVE BELIEVED ME .
IF they wont believe the TESTIMONY OF GOD HIMSELF about CHRIST JESUS , then i tell us all they call GOD a liar .
EVEN JOHN said that . YET TODAY many wanna preach a whole other mess of things .
AS FOR ME and the lambs , WE GONNA PREACH JESUS . all else is vain .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

If they wont believe the TESTIMONY of GOD about Christ JESUS then they make GOD out to be a liar .
WHEN paul was writing to the churches , they consisted of both jews and gentiles .
The strong delusion is given to both unbelieving jew and gentile who rejected the love of the truth
If they wont come to CHRIST , they are decieved and will be decieved to believe a LIE that will end in perditoin and damnation .
My advice is simple . PREACH JESUS TO EVERYTHING THAT breathes . HE alone is our only hope and the only name whereby
either we or the jews can be saved . I take that gosple to my grave .
Revelations was not written to just the gentiles , it was written to the believing jew and gentile .
All warnings the church gave , Christ gave , were not written to just the gentile believer but to ALL believers .
Hit the trenches and let all preach JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Word from promise to warning that GOD , CHRIST and the HOLY men of GOD left us in that bible , IS FOR OUR GOOD .
thus let us not alter it , but rather take heed unto it and hit those trenches . Its all out battle for the souls of men and
satan knows HOW TO LIE . CLING TO CHRIST , FOR IN HIM we overcome and are able to resist the lies of satan and his peoples .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they wont believe the TESTIMONY of GOD about Christ JESUS then they make GOD out to be a liar .
WHEN paul was writing to the churches , they consisted of both jews and gentiles .
The strong delusion is given to both unbelieving jew and gentile who rejected the love of the truth
If they wont come to CHRIST , they are decieved and will be decieved to believe a LIE that will end in perditoin and damnation .
My advice is simple . PREACH JESUS TO EVERYTHING THAT breathes . HE alone is our only hope and the only name whereby
either we or the jews can be saved . I take that gosple to my grave .
Revelations was not written to just the gentiles , it was written to the believing jew and gentile .
All warnings the church gave , Christ gave , were not written to just the gentile believer but to ALL believers .
Hit the trenches and let all preach JESUS .
One Messiah who poured out His Blood on the Cross for every tribe, tongue and nation.
One Name above all names whereby we must be saved.
One Savior and LORD where every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Yeshua HaMoshiach is Adonai
One Body of Christ = Jew & Gentile = never to be separated
One High Priest at the Right Hand of God for Jew & Gentile
One Redeemer who purchased with His Blood forgiveness for the Jew & the Gentile
One KING of kings who is Coming with ALL the Saints = Jew & Gentile

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo