• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a JW or a Mormon?

So, regardig being "sealed", = Im sealed. All the born again are sealed.
Are you born again ???????, if not, you are not sealed, you are damned.
John 3:36

Here is the thing.
Jesus said of Himself that He's God. So, take your argument there. Take it to God Himself, who is Jesus.

If you are familiar with Thomas, one of the Apostles..
Well, after Christ was resurrected, He appeared to Thomas, and Thomas kneeled before Jesus as said.... "my Lord and my GOD".
And what is interesting about that? That you need to know? Is this......>Jesus didn't correct him.

Thanks for asking sir, I am one of Jehovah's witnesses. The sealing has not yet occurred as you can see the angels has not been released as of yet. When it does as one of the anointed you will meet the Lord in the air shortly thereafter I am not one of the anointed, I am not born again, although I have put on the new personality.

Thomas knew who God is sir, and the exclamation point you left out indicated the intent of the verse. He was not calling Jesus his God, rather the excitement of realizing that Jesus had came back from the dead, have you never said my god at some point in your life when you were excited?

Jesus clearly taught who God is Mat 4:10

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize a prerequisite to sitting at the right hand of God is that being cannot be God, right?

29 Yeshua answered, “The most important is, [Hear, O Isra’el, the LORD our God, the LORD is one],
32 he is one, and that there is no other besides him
Mark 12:29, 32 (CJB)

Exactly Wrangler! Do you know who the LORD is?

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What can we have if he isn't?

The hope that the God of Jesus gives maam? Jesus gave his life in instructing us about God, do you know who God is? Jesus made Him known to all who would listen to him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're a deceiver

You have three fingers pointing back at you (see Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

As a matter of fact, I can prove it.

In denying indwelling sin, you deceive yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8).

And you would attempt to teach others this damnable heresy; and that means that you are attempting to deceive others also.

You quoted only part of the chapter, one verse, and twisted it, and left out where Paul explains that he learned how to walk in Christ's victory.
You did that, because you're a deceiver who avoids context, and quotes parts of a verse, or leaves out following verses that explain the truth.
See, you only use what fits your theological rot, which is typical of your type.

See, the rest of what Paul says is that he got past that, and learned how to have Victory all the time, which is the fullness of his teaching, that i teach.

He simply learned to realize that his FLESH was dead, and that is why he tells you to 'reckon it dead".

Once you learn how to do this, you'll at least have understood this basic principle of Christianity.

The point that I was making with Romans 7:18 was that we are our flesh.

I agree that sin in the flesh is rendered dead in the sanctified believer.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The hope that the God of Jesus gives maam? Jesus gave his life in instructing us about God, do you know who God is? Jesus made Him known to all who would listen to him.
God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit.

We have a God that died for us - how awesome is that. In the Old Covenant Abraham and co shed their own blood. In the New Covenant God shed his. Awesome.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am one of Jehovah's witnesses.
I suggest to all Jehovah's Witnesses that they do a google search on "Watchtower false prophecies".

If you are wiling to do the work, it should be an eye-opener for you.

Then, consider that if the Watchtower Society is a false prophet, their rendition of John 1:1-3 and John 1:14 is very likely faulty; and you ought to consider the more orthodox translations as concerning what these verses might say to you.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You adjusted some words in your verses, that are your theology.
Dont do that.
Just paste the verses, as they dont need you to edit or slant them, in the direction of your cult.
I did not make any alterations to the verses that I quoted. They were straightforward cut & pastes. I even included the abbreviation of the Bible translations that I copied from. I have been completely honest here, and you can easily check that. Why are you accusing me of trying to deceive? Why are you so often so nasty in your replies?

Matthew 7 (MKJV):
1) Judge not, that you may not be judged.
2) For with whatever judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with whatever measure you measure out, it shall be measured to you again.
3) And why do you look on the splinter that is in your brother's eye, but do not consider the beam that is in your own eye?
4) Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull the splinter out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye?
5) Hypocrite! First cast the beam out of your own eye, and then you shall see clearly to cast the splinter out of your brother's eye.
6) Do not give that which is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and tear you.

You often make me feel like I am casting pearls before swine.

WE are perfectly righteous., as the born again.
Please provide Bible references to support what you claim, to prove that your're not just making it up. There's a lot of fake news around nowadays you know!

We, have an advocate.... "WE" is every human being".....and that Advocate is Jesus.
No, that verse was written to Christians:

"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God" (1 John 5:13, WEB).

Christains have Jesus as an advocate, everyone else will have Jesus as a mediator between them and God.

( 1Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

The sinner sins, and the born again are made righteous.
Christians are not yet made righteous, they just have their sins covered.

(Romans 4:7) “Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, whose sins are covered.”

We are still sinful by nature, our human nature, but it is the desire of our developing new nature (we are begotten as new creatures in Christ - 2 Corinthians 5:17) to be, and we try to be, sinless and obedient to God's laws. When we sin, and we do occasionally, then we are assured that God will forgive us, if we ask for forgiveness in Jesus' name.

Romans 7:22-25 (WEB):
22) For I delight in God’s law after the inward man,
23) but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members.
24) What a wretched man I am! Who will deliver me out of the body of this death?
25) I thank God through Jesus Christ, our Lord! So then with the mind, I myself serve God’s law, but with the flesh, the sin’s law.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In denying indwelling sin, you deceive yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8).

The apostle that wrote that does not have indwelling sin.
No born again person has indwelling sin.

For sin to "indwell you" means that Christ has not become your sin bearer.
"Indwelling sin" means you are not saved, as the unbeliever has the "indwelling sin", issue.

You dont understand this, and im not surprised.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I did not make any alterations to the verses that I quoted. They were straightforward cut & pastes. I even included the abbreviation of the Bible translations that I copied from.

Well, i didnt recognize the Queen James Bible.
So, ive not read all the new versions.
And neither should you.

If you would not mind, dont Post the NIV, or the Living Bible, or the Book of Mormon, or a JW book, or anything written by a Catholic.
Its probably best to quote the KJV, as most have seen it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I ask you to explain a couple of things to me sir, why did Jesus say God sent him, and if Jesus is God, then why did he lie at Mk 10:40 and 13:32? What hope can we have if he is God?
My question is what hope can we have if he is not God. How can man pay for my sin?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not God. Jesus is the servant of God. NOTE: God, in his unitarian nature, chose and sent Jesus to suffer, a prophet who God put his words in. See Deuteronomy 18:15-18. The man-is-God thesis is not found in Scripture. It is a 4th century man-made construct.

18 God was at work in all this, fulfilling what He had predicted through all the prophets—that the Anointed One would suffer. 19 So now you need to rethink everything and turn to God so your sins will be forgiven and a new day can dawn, days of refreshing times flowing from the Lord. 20 Then God may send Jesus the Anointed, whom God has chosen for you. 21 He is in heaven now and must remain there until the day of universal restoration comes—the restoration which in ancient times God announced through the holy prophets. 22 Moses, for example, said, “The Eternal One your God will raise up from among your people a prophet who will be like me. You must listen to Him. 23 And whoever does not listen to His words will be completely uprooted from among the people.
Acts 3:18-23 (Voice)
If Jesus is not God. He lied..

If he lied, He broke the law

If he broke the law. Your dead in your sin

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle that wrote that does not have indwelling sin.

Not now...for he has entered into glory and is with Christ in heaven.

However, he did have indwelling sin when he wrote it (Romans 7:18)...or, at the very least, he did not claim that he did not have indwelling sin.

"Indwelling sin" means you are not saved,

If you claim to be without indwelling sin, it means that you are not saved.

1Jo 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not now...for he has entered into glory and is with Christ in heaven....
However, he did have indwelling sin when he wrote it (Romans 7:18)

The Apostles had no sin on earth once they were "made righteous".
Same as ALL the born again.

You really need to start thinking, as a closed mind is true spiritual darkness.

See, i can ask you how the Apostle can be "Made Righteous", and be "the righteousness of God , in Christ", and how the Apostle can be "as Christ is so is that APOSTLE on earth".

And if you say.."he had sin", then you just taught that the Righteousness of God "has sin", and being "one with God" has sin, and "being as Christ is on earth" has sin.

So, that's what you are teaching, blind one.
Wake up.

Reactions: Wrangler

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you claim to be without indwelling sin, it means that you are not saved.

1Jo 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Something occurs to me in this . . .

You've said that we could become completely sanctified to the point of no longer having indwelling sin? Have I understood you correctly?

Wouldn't this be in conflict with your understanding of, "If we say we have no sin we lie?"

If someone where to receive the redemption of their body, that is, to be transformed into incorruptiblity, then wouldn't that mean they have no sin?

And if they said otherwise, wouldn't that be a lie?

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostles had no sin on earth once they were "made righteous".
Same as ALL the born again.

You really need to start thinking, as a closed mind is true spiritual darkness.

See, I <fify> can ask you how the Apostle can be "Made Righteous", and be "the righteousness of God , in Christ", and how the Apostle can be "as Christ is so is that APOSTLE on earth".

And if you say.."he had sin", then you just taught that the Righteousness of God "has sin", and being "one with God" has sin, and "being as Christ is on earth" has sin.

So, that's what you are teaching, blind one.
Wake up.

Those who are righteous, still have indwelling sin; however the element of sin within them has been rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over their behaviour (Romans 6:14).

You've said that we could become completely sanctified to the point of no longer having indwelling sin? Have I understood you correctly?

If someone where to receive the redemption of their body, that is, to be transformed into incorruptiblity, then wouldn't that mean they have no sin?

Receiving the redemption of the body means that the body is dead because of sin but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. And the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead also gives life to your mortal bodies.

So, you are made dead to sin; and when you come alive again, you continue to be dead to sin.

But I don't think that this means that you can say that you have no sin...

If you do that, you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8).

I will post a link shortly that tells what I think on this matter in a way that says it the best I know how to say it.

Commentary on Romans.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Something occurs to me in this . . .

Wouldn't this be in conflict with your understanding of, "If we say we have no sin we lie?"

You are not your flesh.
You only live in it.
The real you is "born again". This is the eternal spirit that is "Made Righteous", and in "One with God".
Can you be One with God and have "indwelling sin"?
Thats impossible.
Can you be "made righteousn" and have "indwelling Sin"?
Can God live in you, the born again "temple of the Holy Spirit", and you have "indwelling sin"?
Can you go to heaven, and have "indwelling Sin"?
Can you be "as Jesus is, so are the born again in this word", and have "indwelling sin"?
Can you be "in Christ" and have "indwelling sin"?
Can you comprehend that the Apostle's were often preaching to the lost, and in this case the verses are not directed at the born again?
See, Justbyfaith can't comprehend this, but i feel that you can......and will.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those who are righteous, still have indwelling sin;
Commentary on Romans.

You have indwelling sin, as you claim.
The born again do not., they have God in them, as they are the "Temple of the Holy Spirit".
You are not your flesh, if you are born again.
You only live in it.
The real you is "born again". This is the eternal spirit that is "Made Righteous", and in "One with God".
Thats impossible.
Can you be "made righteousn" and have "indwelling Sin"?
Can God live in you, the born again "temple of the Holy Spirit", and you have "indwelling sin"?
Can you go to heaven, and have "indwelling Sin"?
Can you be "as Jesus is, so are the born again in this word", and have "indwelling sin"?
Can you be "in Christ" and have "indwelling sin"?
= NO !!
Can you comprehend that the Apostle's were often preaching to the lost, and in this case the verses are not directed at the born again?
Apparently not.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not your flesh.

You are not your flesh, if you are born again.

Paul was not born again when he wrote this?...

Rom 7:18, For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

You would have us believe that someone who penned holy scripture was not born again when he penned it...

Thats impossible.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is what hope can we have if he is not God. How can man pay for my sin?

Simple, man gave you your sin, a corresponding ransom was needed to redeem you.
(1 Corinthians 15:22) . . .For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive.

Adam was not God, therefore God need not be ransomed to buy back what Adam lost. Jehovah sent His son as a perfect human, which was a corresponding equal ransom.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul was not born again when he wrote this?...

Rom 7:18, For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

You posted half of it.
Go and read the rest.
Put your commentary down,, and read the rest, in a BIBLE, if you own one.
Start where Paul says that he has discovered that this is not who he is....
Find this part, deceiver.... "Christ always gives me the victory".

See that "victory">?
That is Paul redefining himself as God's perspective of him.

Not a sinner, but "always Victory".