10 Questions about Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your preacher must have added that. satan is trying to steal your loved ones!

So... my loved ones don't have to even get born again to be saved???

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Reckon Jesus didn't know what He was talkin bout?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... my loved ones don't have to even get born again to be saved???

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Reckon Jesus didn't know what He was talkin bout?
It depends on if YOU believe the promises of God!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My faith will not save them. Anymore than my parents faith saved me. Many people
have faith God will save their children, and pray for them daily. Then their kids die
without CHRIST.

Taking this into a wider family circle: every Hebrew represents Abraham's
paternal posterity, yet I think we can be reasonably certain that not every
Hebrew makes it to safety when they pass away and cross over to the next
life.

A case in point is the rich man in Luke 16:19-31. Abraham addressed him as
"son" and directed his attention to Moses and the Prophets; which I doubt he
would've done had the man been a Gentile.

Another case in point is Lot's married daughters. They stayed behind in
Sodom with their husbands after Lot urged them to leave. Consequently,
they were incinerated.

Out ahead at the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15,
numbers of us are going to have to watch as some of our posterity stand
before the one seated on the throne and be sentenced to the lake of fire.
I've no doubt they will be shrieking, screaming, and bellowing like wounded
dogs in white-knuckle panic as powerful celestial beings drag them off to be
terminated by a mode of death akin
to a foundry worker falling into a kettle
of molten iron.

Were it not for God wiping away all tears afterwards, and eradicating sorrow,
that would be a very unpleasant scene to have burned into our memories
throughout eternity.
_

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would HOPE beyond belief he would appear to my child so they would believe

My flesh would want him to violate there free will, But I would not expect him to. If they still say no. thats on them, But I know he will do whatever he can to convince them..
Violate is such a negative word. What if he could change it, transform it, heal it?

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So quote the Scripture, not your opinion.
@Eternally Grateful quoted the scriptures and yet you don't believe?

When Paul was in jail, the jailer asked him how he could be saved. Paul explained to him the way to salvation and also how his entire household could be saved. Later, Luke recorded the events of Paul's visit to the jailer's house, where the jailer provided food to Paul and Silas and the entire household of the jailer was baptized.

According to this passage, the concept of representative salvation is not supported. This means that one person cannot make a confession of belief, receive baptism, and commit their life to following Jesus Christ in order to save their entire family as a representative. Rather, each member of the family must make a personal decision to believe and be baptized, just as they all did.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He will spend thats persons waking days to try to change it. That is how he draws people to himself.

yet they still must repent and believe. He will not do it for them
No, he won't do it for them. But we are dancing around the question of why? Why do some believe while others do not?

Now, we know that those with a hardened heart will not believe. But don't we also know that God can soften a heart? And what does the Bible teach about the significance of a softened heart?

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He will spend thats persons waking days to try to change it. That is how he draws people to himself.

Only God can draw us to Jesus, he even drew me to repentance and Godly sorrow....he even brought me to believe in Jesus.....he didn’t believe for me, I did that , and YES we must repent and believe in Jesus, before any birth can take place.

A Born Again is under the New Covenant.....not the Old Covenant.

We have been Born of God.

Not by HUMANS WILL......by the will of GOD......

The Living spiritual birth....can only come from God.....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, he won't do it for them. But we are dancing around the question of why? Why do some believe while others do not?

Now, we know that those with a hardened heart will not believe. But don't we also know that God can soften a heart? And what does the Bible teach about the significance of a softened heart?
Amen.....only God could have softened my heart....for him to birth me in the Holy Spirit......very long story, God drawing me to Jesus.....

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

My belief....he draws us to Jesus...through our suffering on this earth as a non believer....even as a non believer, I was always looking at myself inwardly.....trying to figure everything out.....God saw that....had mercy on me and gave me the precious spiritual rebirth...

Suffering teaches us so much.....Praise God for it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hard Heart is actually one of those terms I wish they would have interpreted differently.
The word hard in Hebrew means to be strong, to strengthen, to be firm.

God told Isaiah to go tell the people. That seeing they may not see and hearing they may not hear. This is how a person hardens Istrengthens) their heart.

I like to use the example of a person who is rebellious, so he argues that 2 + 2 = 5 and not 4. The more the person rebels. The more he actually believes 2 + 2 = 5. And eventually if he will be so hard, he will never believe 2+ 2 = 4 no matter how much proof is given, this persons heart has been hardened to truth

As for a softened heart. I believe it would be a weakened heart. God does this by Showing our true self. How bankrupt we are. How rebellious we are. How loving he is.. if he can weaken our hearts of flesh. He can bring us to this knowledge of truth, and we can repent and be saved

The truth comes to all people. Our reaction is to harden our heart to truth, or our hearts will weaken because of the truth.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As for a softened heart. I believe it would be a weakened heart. God does this by Showing our true self. How bankrupt we are. How rebellious we are. How loving he is.. if he can weaken our hearts of flesh. He can bring us to this knowledge of truth, and we can repent and be saved

The truth comes to all people. Our reaction is to harden our heart to truth, or our hearts will weaken because of the truth
Love this.....Amen!!..

• Love
Reactions: mailmandan

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God can draw us to Jesus, he even drew me to repentance and Godly sorrow....he even brought me to believe in Jesus.....he didn’t believe for me, I did that , and YES we must repent and believe in Jesus, before any birth can take place.

A Born Again is under the New Covenant.....not the Old Covenant.

We have been Born of God.

Not by HUMANS WILL......by the will of GOD......

The Living spiritual birth....can only come from God.....
Isn't it under both covenants? Just asking since Jesus reminded Nicodemus that he should have known about it from the scriptures.