2) Search about the law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
Jn 7:49 But this crowd that knows nothing of the law--there is a curse on them. Mt 22:35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied: " `Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 'This is the first and greatest commandment. (Note: The law is the commandment, Yahweh God is great, see:Ps 95:3 For Yahweh is the great God, the great King above all gods.)Mt 22:39 And the second is like it: `Love your neighbor as yourself. Note: “The second is like it” means it is also great, “Love your neighbor as yourself”: to inquire of God for the things of others, it is also great.Mt 11:13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. Note: All the Prophets prophesied, and the Law prophesied, see:2Pe 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. So, the Law is the word of God.2Ki 17:13 Yahweh warned Israel and Judah through all his prophets and seers: "Turn from your evil ways. Observe my commands and decrees, in accordance with the entire Law that I commanded your fathers to obey and that I delivered to you through my servants the prophets." Da 9:9 Yahweh our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; 10 we have not obeyed Yahweh our God or kept the laws he gave us through his servants the prophets. 11 All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey you. "Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you.Note: The word from the mouth of the prophets was the law.Ac 24:14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, Note: The epistles of Paul were also the law.Jer 9:12 What man is wise enough to understand this? Who has been instructed by Yahweh and can explain it? Why has the land been ruined and laid waste like a desert that no one can cross? 13 Yahweh said, "It is because they have forsaken my law, which I set before them; they have not obeyed me or followed my law. 14 Instead, they have followed the stubbornness of their hearts; they have followed the Baals, as their fathers taught them." Note: The word from the mouth of Yahweh is the law; what Yahweh speaks is regulations and true laws, decrees and commands, see:ps 119:72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold. Ne 9:13 "You came down on Mount Sinai; you spoke to them from heaven. You gave them regulations and laws that are just and right, and decrees and commands that are good. 14 You made known to them your holy Sabbath and gave them commands, decrees and laws through your servant Moses. Dt 28:58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name--Yahweh your God—(Note: The law is Yahweh’s glorious and awesome name)Mal 2:1 "And now this command is for you, O priests. 2 If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my name," says Yahweh Almighty, "I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not set your heart to honor me. 3 Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will spread on your faces the offal from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it. (Note: The command is Yahweh’s honorable name, and he who does not set his heart to the command will be carried off with the offal)Mal 2:4 And you will know that I have sent you this command so that my covenant with Levi may continue," says Yahweh Almighty. 5 "My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. 6 True laws were in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin. 7 "For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek laws--because he is the messenger of Yahweh Almighty. (Note: True laws are in his mouth, and he is the messenger of Yahweh Almighty)Mt 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. Note: Jesus fulfills the Law and the Prophets; after the flesh of Jesus was crucified for our sins and resurrected, His flesh went up to heaven, and on the earth he is the word from the mouth of God and the law.Lk 16:16 The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it. 17 It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law. The law preaches the good news of the kingdom of God, and everyone is forcing his way into it, because the law is God, see:Ro 7:14 We know that the law is spiritual; Jn 4:24 God is Spirit: and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.Ro 10:4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. (Note: The law is Christ, Christ is the Anointed and the Anointed is the breath in the nostrils, see:Ac 4:26 The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the Lord and against his Anointed One (or “Christ”). La 4:20 Yahweh's Anointed, our very life breath, was caught in their traps. We thought that under his shadow we would live among the nations. (So we must have the word of truth never away from our mouth, and keep the law forever, see:ps 119:43 Do not snatch the word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. 44 I will always obey your law, forever and ever. Ps 119:108 Accept, O Yahweh, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws. 109 Though I constantly take my life in my hands, I will not forget your law. 110 The wicked have set a snare for me, but I have not strayed from your precepts. 111 Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. 112 My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end. Statutes are my heritage forever, statutes:Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. Dt 32:45 When Moses finished reciting all these words to all Israel, 46 he said to them, "Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. 47 They are not just idle words for you--they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess." (Note: The law is our everlasting life)Isa 33:22 For Yahweh is our judge, Yahweh is our lawgiver, Yahweh is our king; it is he who will save us. 2Ch 31:4 He ordered the people living in Jerusalem to give the portion due the priests and Levites so they could devote themselves to the Law of Yahweh. Attention: The wicked are those who forsake the law, break the law, ignore the law and cannot preach the law. Please see:pr 28:4 Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, but those who keep the law resist them. Ps 50:16 But to the wicked, God says: "What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips? 17 You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you. Ps 119:126 It is time for you to act, O Yahweh; your law is being broken. Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children. (Note: If you ignore the law of God, God also will ignore you to be His children.)Hos 8:12 I wrote for them the many things of my law, but they regarded them as something alien. 13 They offer sacrifices given to me and they eat the meat, but Yahweh is not pleased with them. Now he will remember their wickedness and punish their sins: They will return to Egypt. (Note: Wrote the many things of the law, but they regarded them as something alien, Yahweh is not pleased with them, and they will return to Egypt.)Brothers! The law is Yahweh’s glorious name! Is Jesus! Is Christ! And is the breath of life!Ro 3:21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, Gal 3:23 Before this faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, locked up until the faith should be revealed. (Note: The faith, see:Ro 16:25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey the faith-- 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen. So, before the morning star rises in the heart, one is kept under guard by the law; wait until the morning star rises in the heart, and one will no longer be under a tutor, see:2Pe 1:19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. Jesus is the bright morning star:Rev 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." Jas 2:12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law of freedom. Heb 10:16 "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." 17 Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more." 18 And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin. 19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, Mt 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Note: Jesus fulfills the law)Heb 8:8 But God found fault with the people and said (or “because finding fault with them, He says): "The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. 9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. 10 This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 11 No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, `Know the Lord, 'because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12 for I will forgive their wickedness and remember their sins no more.The so-called covenant is the name of Jesus, the oath by Yahweh:Eze 17:19 "`Therefore this is what the Sovereign Yahweh says: As surely as I live, I will bring down on his head my oath that he despised and my covenant that he broke. 2Ki 23:1 Then the king called together all the elders of Judah and Jerusalem. 2 He went up to the temple of Yahweh with the men of Judah, the people of Jerusalem, the priests and the prophets--all the people from the least to the greatest. He read in their hearing all the words of the Book of the Covenant, which had been found in the temple of Yahweh. 3 The king stood by the pillar and renewed the covenant in the presence of Yahweh--to follow Yahweh and keep his commands, regulations and decrees with all his heart and all his soul, thus confirming the words of the covenant written in this book. Then all the people pledged themselves to the covenant. (Note: This Bible is a book of laws and the first covenant) Make a new covenant:2Co 3:3 You show that you are a letter of Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Note: The ministers of the new covenant are to write the Spirit of the living God on the tablets of human hearts of the believers.Heb 12:25 See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? 26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens." 27 The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken--that is, created things--so that what cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our "God is a consuming fire." Note: The law written on the tablet of the heart, one gains a kingdom that cannot be shaken. We are in the creation, made in the likeness of God. The removing: it means that when we go up to heaven, the Bible can’t be carried with, and that it is not to abolish the books before the gospel of Matthew.Ex 13:1 Yahweh said to Moses, 2 "Consecrate to me every firstborn male. The first offspring of every womb among the Israelites belongs to me, whether man or animal." 3 Then Moses said to the people, "Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because Yahweh brought you out of it with a mighty hand. Eat nothing containing yeast. Ex 13:8And you shall tell your son on that day, `It is because of what Yahweh did for me when I came out of Egypt.' 9 And it shall be to you as a sign on your hand and as a memorial between your eyes, that the law of Yahweh may be in your mouth; for with a strong hand Yahweh has brought you out of Egypt.Ex 13:14 "In days to come, when your son asks you, `What does this mean?' say to him, `With a mighty hand Yahweh brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, Yahweh killed every firstborn in Egypt, both man and animal. This is why I sacrifice to Yahweh the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons. 16 'And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that Yahweh brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand." (Note: And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead, so that the law of Yahweh is always in your mouth.)Jos 1:7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for Yahweh your God will be with you wherever you go." (Note: The Book of the Law does not depart from your mouth, be careful to do everything written in it, and Yahweh your God will be with you.)Dt 30:11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, "Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it. (Note: The law is not difficult to keep, in the mouth and in the heart.)Ps 94:12 Blessed is the man you discipline, O Yahweh, the man you teach from your law; Ps 119:126 It is time for you to act, O Yahweh; your law is being broken.