23 major reasons to reject the Premil doctrine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 11:1-2 is describing the church in a figurative way and the "Gentiles" (Greek ethnos - would be better translated as the heathen) who are given the outer court represent those who are not part of the church.
You symbolic interpretation of the Church is 100% "False"

Revelation 11:2 & Luke 21:24 are parallel teachings of a "Literal Future" event that will take place

Luke 21:24-28 You will closely note below that "Jerusalem on this earth" is (tread/trodden) "Fact"

The time of tribulation is seen in verses 25/26 and in verse 27/28 the church on earth will be "EYEWITNESSES" of the (Literal Future) Second Coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens

Revelation 11:2KJV
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Luke 21:24-28KJV
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all Preterist to some degree. I also gladly bear the Reformed title. What a privilege to be connected to them. Your distain of the Protestant Reformers leaves you in the apostate camp of the Romanists.
Reformed Preterist Eschatology Is "False"

Roman Catholicism And Its Evil Foundations And Teachings Are "False"

Daniel's AOD, The Great Tribulation, (The Man Of Sin/The Beast), The Two Witnesses, Are All Future Literal Events That Will Take Place

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is how blinded you are with Pretrib teaching.
More false claims in slander of Truth7t7

I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture or a millennial kingdom and you know this, I have posted my belief on this hundreds of times

Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, at this time the resurrection and catching up takes place, as the earth is dissolved by fire (The End)

Reformed Preterist Eschatology concerning Daniel's AOD and The Great Tribulation are 100% "False" these are "Future" events unfulfilled

Jesus Is The Lord

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The preterist reformed gang teaches Daniel's AOD Matthew 24:15, and The Great Tribulation Matthew 24:21 have been fulfilled, this is 100% (Preterist Teaching)

You can deny this all you want, the above mentioned is a fact, no need to mention anything else, those two verses alone, claimed to be fulfilled is 100% (Preterist Teaching)

I believe and teach the verses mentioned above are (Future Unfulfilled) I'm 100% (Futurist)

Jesus Is The Lord
Yes, and you believe some things that dispensationalists also believe. So, if my agreeing with a couple things (while also disagreeing with many things) that preterists believe makes me a preterist then you agreeing with things that dispensationalists believe (while also disagreeing with other things they believe) makes you a dispensationalist. If you can't see by now how ridiculous your logic is, then you are beyond help. I don't want to deal with your nonsense anymore, so this will be my last post to you.

Answered post #1176 above
That answers nothing. You defined preterism as a belief that all or most of the Olivet Discourse is fulfilled. I do NOT believe that. I don't want to deal with a person who will not even accept what I tell them. Are verses 15-22 in Matthew 24 most of the Olivet Discourse? No. So, by the definition of preterism you gave earlier, I am not a preterist. Take it or leave it. I'm done with this nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and WPM

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not arguing the Day of the Lord coming the prophets of Old foretell are not the last day when Christ returns in fiery judgment. What I'm arguing is that the coming day of the Lord, the promised Messiah, the prophets of Old foretell is not one day, but an age/era/time that began when the promised Messiah came to earth a man. There is no question the day of the Lord the apostles foretell shall come is ALWAYS the return of Christ in fiery judgment. That is still the day/age/era of the Lord the prophets of Old foretell would come, but is the last day of this Messianic age of grace that will end when the seventh angel begins to sound and time shall be no more.

The prophets of Old have much to tell us of what shall come to pass in "that day". That is the Messianic Gospel age/era/time/day when God shall save them as the flock of His people.

Zechariah 9:16 (KJV) And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.

Zechariah 9:16 (YLT) And saved them hath Jehovah their God In that day, as a flock of His people, For stones of a crown are displaying themselves over His ground.

Zechariah 2:10-11 (KJV) Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD. And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Your last sentence quoted below sums up fairly well (particularly that highlighted) how I have come to understand the day of the Lord coming, prophesied of Old, began to be fulfilled when the promised Messiah came to earth a man, and that day/age/time/era will be finished when the spiritual Kingdom of God is complete and the seventh angel sounds.

"It is therefore reasonable for us to question Premils identification of it with the second coming of the Lord and to consider the possibility that it relates to Christ’s first advent."
You then have to change Scripture to say the Day of the Lord ends as a thief in the night.

If it already started in the 1st century, it already came.

You have the wrong Day of the Lord coming as a thief with fiery destruction. The earth was not destroyed in the beginning of your day, but the end.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More false claims in slander of Truth7t7

I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture or a millennial kingdom and you know this, I have posted my belief on this hundreds of times

Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, at this time the resurrection and catching up takes place, as the earth is dissolved by fire (The End)

Reformed Preterist Eschatology concerning Daniel's AOD and The Great Tribulation are 100% "False" these are "Future" events unfulfilled

Jesus Is The Lord

Yea right! I don't believe in Preterist Eschatology and you know this, I have posted my belief on this hundreds of times

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and you believe some things that dispensationalists also believe. So, if my agreeing with a couple things (while also disagreeing with many things) that preterists believe makes me a preterist then you agreeing with things that dispensationalists believe (while also disagreeing with other things they believe) makes you a dispensationalist. If you can't see by now how ridiculous your logic is, then you are beyond help. I don't want to deal with your nonsense anymore, so this will be my last post to you.

That answers nothing. You defined preterism as a belief that all or most of the Olivet Discourse is fulfilled. I do NOT believe that. I don't want to deal with a person who will not even accept what I tell them. Are verses 15-22 in Matthew 24 most of the Olivet Discourse? No. So, by the definition of preterism you gave earlier, I am not a preterist. Take it or leave it. I'm done with this nonsense.
Fact is, I don't believe in or teach (Preterism) whatsoever as you suggest, my belief concerning "Eschatology" is (Futurist)

Fell free to call me whatever you desire, I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture, millennial kingdom, that Jews are God's chosen based upon race, etc as Dispensationalism falsely teaches

Does teaching Daniel's AOD and The Great Tribulation are fulfilled put you in the preterist camp 100% "Yes"

Your preterist, I'm futurist, why do you deny the facts

If it makes you feel good to call me a Scofieldite fell free to do it, I oppose Adulterer Scofields teachings

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea right! I don't believe in Preterist Eschatology and you know this, I have posted my belief on this hundreds of times
You believe and teach Daniel's AOD and The Great Tribulation are fulfilled, your 100% in the Preterist Camp concerning eschatology

You go further in falsely teaching Zechariah 14:1 (Day Of The Lord) started with the Lord's first advent "False"

Zechariah chapter 14 is 100% future showing the Lord's second coming, and the eternal kingdom that follows

Just a few mentions concerning your preterist teachings

Jesus Is The Lord

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe and teach Daniel's AOD and The Great Tribulation are fulfilled, your 100% in the Preterist Camp concerning eschatology

You go further in falsely teaching Zechariah 14:1 (Day Of The Lord) started with the Lord's first advent "False"

Zechariah chapter 14 is 100% future showing the Lord's second coming, and the eternal kingdom that follows

Just a few mentions concerning your preterist teachings

Jesus Is The Lord

I am done with you and your childishness. I rarely waste my time reading your cut-and-paste. When I do it is full of petty name-calling and avoidance. I reject your Jesuit/Schofied beliefs. Come back when you grow up and move out of kindergarden.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He defined a preterist earlier as being someone who believes all or most of the Olivet Discourse is fulfilled. You and I don't believe that, yet he continues to call us preterists, anyway. I can't deal with that nonsense any longer.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really didn't want to talk to you anymore, but if you're going to lie like this, then I'm going to call it out. To say that he is "100% in the Preterist Camp" is nothing short of slander. Why do you think it's okay to lie? Do you have no conscience about lying? He believes that the coming of Christ referenced several times in the Olivet Discourse starting with Matthew 24:27 is a reference to the future second bodily coming of Christ. Preterists do not believe that. So, that alone proves he is not "100% in the Preterist Camp concerning eschatology".

And there are plenty of other things that he disagrees with preterists on as well. Including the timing of the end of the age that is referenced in the Olivet Discourse. Preterists believe that is referring to end of the supposed old covenant age in 70 AD, but he does not believe that. He believes that the end of the age will occur when Jesus returns in the future. So, what you said here is just a blatant lie and you should be ashamed of yourself and repent of your lying.

Reactions: rwb

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He defined a preterist earlier as being someone who believes all or most of the Olivet Discourse is fulfilled. You and I don't believe that, yet he continues to call us preterists, anyway. I can't deal with that nonsense any longer.

He knows what he is doing. He knows these are false accusations. He wants to antagonize. Why give him any credibility. Premils largely ignore him too. He thinks he is smart. There is a big difference between disagreeing and being disagreeable. He is the latter.

Reactions: rwb

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He defined a preterist earlier as being someone who believes all or most of the Olivet Discourse is fulfilled. You and I don't believe that
Of course the reformed gang does, they believe Daniel's AOD and The Great Tribulation has seen some sort of fulfillment already, I been watching the gangs postings for months

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He knows what he is doing. He knows these are false accusations. He wants to antagonize. Why give him any credibility. Premils largely ignore him too. He thinks he is smart. There is a big difference between disagreeing and being disagreeable. He is the latter.
No false accusations whatsoever as you falsely claim

It's More like telling the truth, exposing reformed preterist eschatology for what it is "False", and those being exposed don't like it, it's that simple

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the reformed gang does, they believe Daniel's AOD and The Great Tribulation has seen some sort of fulfillment already, I been watching the gangs postings for months

Jesus Is The Lord

Honored to be Reformed. Better than promoting Romanism.

Reactions: rwb and covenantee

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really didn't want to talk to you anymore, but if you're going to lie like this, then I'm going to call it out. To say that he is "100% in the Preterist Camp" is nothing short of slander. Why do you think it's okay to lie? Do you have no conscience about lying? He believes that the coming of Christ referenced several times in the Olivet Discourse starting with Matthew 24:27 is a reference to the future second bodily coming of Christ. Preterists do not believe that. So, that alone proves he is not "100% in the Preterist Camp concerning eschatology".

And there are plenty of other things that he disagrees with preterists on as well. Including the timing of the end of the age that is referenced in the Olivet Discourse. Preterists believe that is referring to end of the supposed old covenant age in 70 AD, but he does not believe that. He believes that the end of the age will occur when Jesus returns in the future. So, what you said here is just a blatant lie and you should be ashamed of yourself and repent of your lying.
You claim I'm a liar is false, the reformed gang believes Daniel's AOD and The Great Tribulation is in or has been fulfilled, this is 100% in the preterist camp

Just because one believes in a future second coming doesn't exclude them from the preterist camp as you suggest, this is (Partial Preterism) and yes reformed preterist eschatology teaches it

There are (Full Preterist) and (Partial Preterist) it appears you need to study the subject before hurling false accusations calling posters "Liars"

Reformed Eschatology is 100% in the Preterist Camp, try reading reformed teachers such as Gundry, Riddlebarger, they don't hide this fact

Jesus Is The Lord

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claim I'm a liar is false,
No, it isn't. You are not even following the definition for a preterist that you gave earlier. Do verses 15-22 in Matthew 24 make up most of Mathew's account of the Olivet Discourse which includes all of Matthew 24 and 25? No, it does not. You said that preterists believe that all or most of the Olivet Discourse was fulfilled by 70 AD. I do not believe that which means I don't fit the definition of a preterist that you gave. Yet, you still are calling me a preterist. That is a lie and you are a liar.

Reactions: rwb and jeffweeder

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it isn't. You are not even following the definition for a preterist that you gave earlier. Do verses 15-22 in Matthew 24 make up most of Mathew's account of the Olivet Discourse which includes all of Matthew 24 and 25? No, it does not. You said that preterists believe that all or most of the Olivet Discourse was fulfilled by 70 AD. I do not believe that which means I don't fit the definition of a preterist that you gave. Yet, you still are calling me a preterist. That is a lie and you are a liar.
Direct Questions:

1.) Has Daniel's AOD Matthew 24:15 been fulfilled, please explain?

2.) Has The Great Tribulation Matthew 24:21 been fulfilled, please explain?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't give him air-time by engaging. Let him talk to his Premil comrades.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite