41 WILL COME...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just had to share this devotional reading with everyone...
I was meditating on how many different circumstances involved the number 40....and after searching a bit this is what ministers to me the most...Enjoy!

Devotion

Numerous passages in the Bible connect the number 40 to periods of trial, testing, or hardship. During this reading plan we’re going to zero in on a number that gets a lot less attention—the number that comes after 40. We’re going to see how the number 41 represents a beacon of hope for postponed dreams and promised lands. Amid the troubles of everyday life, it’s almost as if 41 is shouting, “I got next!”

After Noah built the ark, it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. Day 41 came, and the rain stopped. After Moses committed murder, he hid in the desert for 40 years. Year 41 came, and God gave Moses a second chance—commissioning him to rescue Israel from slavery in Egypt. After the Exodus, the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. Year 41 came, and a new generation entered the Promised Land. For 40 days, Goliath bullied Israel, just begging for someone to come fight him. Day 41 came, and David stepped up and slew the giant. For 40 days, Jonah delivered a message of doom and gloom to the city of Nineveh—that God was going to destroy them because of their wickedness. Day 41 came, and God changed his mind and instead extended mercy because the Ninevites had repented. After being baptized, Jesus fasted in the desert for 40 days and was tempted by the devil. Day 41 came, the devil fled, angels showed up, and Jesus launched his monumental ministry. During the 40 days after his resurrection, Jesus appeared to his disciples on several occasions—proving to them that he was alive and breathing new life into them as he explained the Kingdom of God and commissioned them to build it. On day 41, after promising to send the Holy Spirit in his place, he ascended into heaven, leaving the disciples to carry out his plan for launching the church—a church that, by the way, is still prevailing against the gates of hell.

Whether you’re stuck in the storms of life; in serious need of a second chance; stranded in the wilderness of unexpected circumstances or unfulfilled expectations; facing what seems to be an unbeatable giant; or bearing up against unspeakable temptation, the pattern is clear. The number 41 represents the dawn of a new day—the hope and promise that if you don’t quit, the rain will stop, the giant will fall, and you will enter your “promised land.”

Identify your 41.

What are you believing God for?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was meditating on how many different circumstances involved the number 40....and after searching a bit this is what ministers to me the most...Enjoy!

Devotion

Numerous passages in the Bible connect the number 40 to periods of trial, testing, or hardship. During this reading plan we’re going to zero in on a number that gets a lot less attention—the number that comes after 40. We’re going to see how the number 41 represents a beacon of hope for postponed dreams and promised lands. Amid the troubles of everyday life, it’s almost as if 41 is shouting, “I got next!”

After Noah built the ark, it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. Day 41 came, and the rain stopped. After Moses committed murder, he hid in the desert for 40 years. Year 41 came, and God gave Moses a second chance—commissioning him to rescue Israel from slavery in Egypt. After the Exodus, the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. Year 41 came, and a new generation entered the Promised Land. For 40 days, Goliath bullied Israel, just begging for someone to come fight him. Day 41 came, and David stepped up and slew the giant. For 40 days, Jonah delivered a message of doom and gloom to the city of Nineveh—that God was going to destroy them because of their wickedness. Day 41 came, and God changed his mind and instead extended mercy because the Ninevites had repented. After being baptized, Jesus fasted in the desert for 40 days and was tempted by the devil. Day 41 came, the devil fled, angels showed up, and Jesus launched his monumental ministry. During the 40 days after his resurrection, Jesus appeared to his disciples on several occasions—proving to them that he was alive and breathing new life into them as he explained the Kingdom of God and commissioned them to build it. On day 41, after promising to send the Holy Spirit in his place, he ascended into heaven, leaving the disciples to carry out his plan for launching the church—a church that, by the way, is still prevailing against the gates of hell.

Whether you’re stuck in the storms of life; in serious need of a second chance; stranded in the wilderness of unexpected circumstances or unfulfilled expectations; facing what seems to be an unbeatable giant; or bearing up against unspeakable temptation, the pattern is clear. The number 41 represents the dawn of a new day—the hope and promise that if you don’t quit, the rain will stop, the giant will fall, and you will enter your “promised land.”

Identify your 41.

How Awesome, thanks for sharing...I LOVE this! And it is very timely, personally speaking. Never knew this...saving this!!
xo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Devotion

Identify your 41.

Just what IS the expected outcome of your faith? Terrific question! There are so many levels I could answer this one, but I need to think, which is more important right now?

A heart inclined towards godly things being the overwhelming factor in my thoughts and behavior would do fine right now.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just what IS the expected outcome of your faith? Terrific question! There are so many levels I could answer this one, but I need to think, which is more important right now?

A heart inclined towards godly things being the overwhelming factor in my thoughts and behavior would do fine right now.

Much love!
I am still looking for the mystery or hidden wisdom behind the number 40 (besides what is mentioned)....because a generation is considered 40 years....so end of one generation beginning of a new one....which kind of follows what is said in the OP but not necessarily a trial or tribulation.
A criminal is to receive 40 stripes according to Jewish Law
Deuteronomy 25 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ If there be a controversy between men, and they come unto judgment, that the judges may judge them; then they shall justify the righteous, and condemn the wicked.
² And it shall be, if the wicked man be worthy to be beaten, that the judge shall cause him to lie down, and to be beaten before his face, according to his fault, by a certain number.
³ Forty stripes he may give him, and not exceed: lest, if he should exceed, and beat him above these with many stripes, then thy brother should seem vile unto thee.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Heart2soul, reading it out loud to myself it seems as though if a person say abstained from something that maybe they are addicted to, for 40 days come the 41st day their growth may enhance further.

In my life right now have been detoxing from a drug known as marijuana and it is getting to be almost around day 22 or so, haven’t really kept track but in my body and mind it has become more clearer and stable. Shared with a friend last night about what the Bible says in how Paul stated that all things are lawful for him, but not everything is beneficial. To me personally in my individual life told him I no longer desire to be mastered over by any thing such as an example would be the drug.

It would seem from the pictures in the Bible you shared this can go for any type of thing. I know sometimes I’ll see the tv, on at my moms house, maybe even watch a movie. Though the tv itself isn’t something that I need to watch every single day. You hear about many things on the news and if you stopped watching if for 40 days, on the 42 imagine how much your life would change. (I can’t stand the news for the most part)

If one made time and dedication to simply sit and read the Bible for the next 40 days without anything extra to distract them imagine how they would be on the 41st day.

Or even better praying for everyone they know for the the next 40 days even people who they have not let go of bitterness towards, and imagine how God would change their life on the 41st day.

This 40 days and 40 nights is a very cool insight of how one can reset their dopamine, also how one can be connection with God praying every day, growing in the knowledge of the Bible a little bit more every day.

It all depends on the effort a person may put in, in my best estimation.

Just some thoughts,
thank you for sharing,

Matthew G.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Heart2soul, reading it out loud to myself it seems as though if a person say abstained from something that maybe they are addicted to, for 40 days come the 41st day their growth may enhance further.

In my life right now have been detoxing from a drug known as marijuana and it is getting to be almost around day 22 or so, haven’t really kept track but in my body and mind it has become more clearer and stable. Shared with a friend last night about what the Bible says in how Paul stated that all things are lawful for him, but not everything is beneficial. To me personally in my individual life told him I no longer desire to be mastered over by any thing such as an example would be the drug.

It would seem from the pictures in the Bible you shared this can go for any type of thing. I know sometimes I’ll see the tv, on at my moms house, maybe even watch a movie. Though the tv itself isn’t something that I need to watch every single day. You hear about many things on the news and if you stopped watching if for 40 days, on the 42 imagine how much your life would change. (I can’t stand the news for the most part)

If one made time and dedication to simply sit and read the Bible for the next 40 days without anything extra to distract them imagine how they would be on the 41st day.

Or even better praying for everyone they know for the the next 40 days even people who they have not let go of bitterness towards, and imagine how God would change their life on the 41st day.

This 40 days and 40 nights is a very cool insight of how one can reset their dopamine, also how one can be connection with God praying every day, growing in the knowledge of the Bible a little bit more every day.

It all depends on the effort a person may put in, in my best estimation.

Just some thoughts,
thank you for sharing,

Matthew G.
Excellent meditating on this subject and applying it to your life. Thank you for sharing!
I was reading how the Bible is written by 40 authors....
How ironic....
40 seems to be a number of completion....
Still looking into it.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was 41, life as I knew it ended. Earlier this year, I believe the Lord told me that I would live another 20 years. That would put me at 82. Perhaps I'm in my second 41 year period?
We’re you inquiring how long you would live?

Reactions: Truman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Devotion

Identify your 41.

Brilliant - I've never seen that before. Thanks for sharing.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was 41, life as I knew it ended. Earlier this year, I believe the Lord told me that I would live another 20 years. That would put me at 82. Perhaps I'm in my second 41 year period?
God told me i will live forever in JESUS . Just not in this body and in this world .
I highly doubt anyone has twenty years left . PEEK at the world again and let them signs say as they ought too .
WE aint got that kind of time left . Not in these bodies . BUT IN JESUS WE SHALL LIVE FOREVER .
I Dont know about most folks but the day i shed the mortal robe and lay hold on forever with JESUS , will be a day of rejoicing for this lamb .
The only reason i am still here , the only purpose i can even think of , is to simply point to JESUS and all the lovely truth of His every word .
But i could go tonight to be with JESUS . And believe me there is no need to complain if that occurs .
The only reason for me in this world , Must still be to do all to point to JESUS . cause there is nothing in this world for me my friend .
Nothing i hold onto . No desire and no love for its pleasures or its cares . THE ONLY JOY i have comes from the LORD
and HE promised HE would return for the lambs . ITS a promise i lean on daily with hope .
And what joy it gives me even now . The only joy i get , that i truly get is in the things of the LORD .
IN praise songs , when i see others walking in truth , when the LORD is honored . All else is but vexation of soul .
For i see many who are reaping desruction and wrath upon themselves for the day of wrath . BELEIVE ME that brings me no joy but only sorrow .
IF ONLY , OH if ONLY the peoples would turn to the LORD . MARCH ON TRUMAN , MARCH ON , SO LONG as we are in this world
POINT TO THE GLORIOUS KING WITH EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We’re you inquiring how long you would live?
Well, the Lord set me apart for 20 years of walking out Luke 9:23, (how He applied it to me), where it was like I lost a third of my life, and one day as I pondered this, I believe He spoke to me and said, "I'm going to add another twenty years to your life."
As my health seems to be deteriorating lately, I've been struggling to believe this, at times bracing myself for death. I've decided that I'm going to stand on this as truth, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
It wasn't like times like when He told me I was a Levite. But it seemed like a loud inner thought that I wasn't thinking about.
I want us all to hear the Lord better and to discern better. I've made a few mistakes since I've been here that, I think, have greatly inhibited my prophetic gift. I'd rather say nothing than be wrong. It could really harm someone. I just want to help people. I need a helper.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i read the title i took it to mean FOR I WILL COME . That is where my mind IS
I Kid you not . I actually thought it meant For , FOUR , I WILL COME . Man what a day of rejoicing for the lambs that will be .
I tell you all , that lifts my soul up with joy to the roof tops . For i will come . yeah , YES HE WILL . YES HE WILL .
PRAISE THE KING , YES HE WILL . Now let all that has breath just leap up and praise the glorious LORD .
My soul is lit up again . Praise the KING my friends . FOR HE WILL SURELY COME . And till HE does or till we leave
POINT TO THE GLORIOUS LORD IN ALL THAT YE DO AND SAY . Now lift those hands up and praise the glorious LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the Lord set me apart for 20 years of walking out Luke 9:23, (how He applied it to me), where it was like I lost a third of my life, and one day as I pondered this, I believe He spoke to me and said, "I'm going to add another twenty years to your life."
As my health seems to be deteriorating lately, I've been struggling to believe this, at times bracing myself for death. I've decided that I'm going to stand on this as truth, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
It wasn't like times like when He told me I was a Levite. But it seemed like a loud inner thought that I wasn't thinking about.
I want us all to hear the Lord better and to discern better. I've made a few mistakes since I've been here that, I think, have greatly inhibited my prophetic gift. I'd rather say nothing than be wrong. It could really harm someone. I just want to help people. I need a helper.
Then focus on the promise my friend . THAT IN JESUS WE WILL LIVE FOREVER . HE said so . SO focus on that and leap for joy
in the glorious LORD my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God told me i will live forever in JESUS . Just not in this body and in this world .
I highly doubt anyone has twenty years left . PEEK at the world again and let them signs say as they ought too .
WE aint got that kind of time left . Not in these bodies . BUT IN JESUS WE SHALL LIVE FOREVER .
I Dont know about most folks but the day i shed the mortal robe and lay hold on forever with JESUS , will be a day of rejoicing for this lamb .
The only reason i am still here , the only purpose i can even think of , is to simply point to JESUS and all the lovely truth of His every word .
But i could go tonight to be with JESUS . And believe me there is no need to complain if that occurs .
The only reason for me in this world , Must still be to do all to point to JESUS . cause there is nothing in this world for me my friend .
Nothing i hold onto . No desire and no love for its pleasures or its cares . THE ONLY JOY i have comes from the LORD
and HE promised HE would return for the lambs . ITS a promise i lean on daily with hope .
And what joy it gives me even now . The only joy i get , that i truly get is in the things of the LORD .
IN praise songs , when i see others walking in truth , when the LORD is honored . All else is but vexation of soul .
For i see many who are reaping desruction and wrath upon themselves for the day of wrath . BELEIVE ME that brings me no joy but only sorrow .
IF ONLY , OH if ONLY the peoples would turn to the LORD . MARCH ON TRUMAN , MARCH ON , SO LONG as we are in this world
POINT TO THE GLORIOUS KING WITH EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE .
If He asked me if I wanted to go right now, I would. I just want to do what He wants me to do. I can understand that He can use help here. Sooner or later, I'll be there again. In the new Jerusalem!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If He asked me if I wanted to go right now, I would. I just want to do what He wants me to do. I can understand that He can use help here. Sooner or later, I'll be there again. In the new Jerusalem!
Oh i know my friend . The best prayer is , THE WILL OF GOD BE DONE .
Yep . OH but the coming of the KING is much sooner than many realize . I am both excited and joyed up for that day
yet i sorrow for so many . cause all who denied Him , wont be enjoying that day at all .
Its why we must point to JESUS to all with our every breath . Cause time is running out .
THE LORD is our hope and we must point to JESUS in hopes others will hear as well .
Now lift those hands up and praise the glorious Risen KING .