5 days till U. S government shutdown?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone who works in the cafeteria in the congressional building are considered federal contractors.

If government shuts down federal employees don't draw a paycheck. And federal contractors do not get back pay after the shutdown is over.

Do you think this will happen?

Certain members have threatened the Speaker of the House saying, if he tried to bargain with the Democrats to stop a shutdown they'll try to have him removed as Speaker.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sad part of this circus ......Ukrainian Soldiers would still get paid, while US Soldiers would not draw a paycheck until an agreement was reached..

Reactions: Scott Downey

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They kicked the can down the road till Nov. 17.....
And then?
It isn't as if members of Congress worry they won't be able to pay their bills if there is a shutdown.
The sad part of this circus ......Ukrainian Soldiers would still get paid, while US Soldiers would not draw a paycheck until an agreement was reached..
I can't begrudge the Ukrainian government paying their soldiers.

At least we aren't picking up that tab. Lord, I miss Donald. :(

Reactions: dev553344

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And then?
It isn't as if members of Congress worry they won't be able to pay their bills if there is a shutdown.

US has a long-standing habit of picking up these foreign wars that really have no bearing on our security here, actually makes life tougher for everyday people, and then dropping them later like a hot potato. A POTUS seems able to send money like that wherever he wants for a while, then the congress tries to cut it off because the public after a while does not want it being spent over there instead of over here.

Even going back all the way to Korean war, it did not result in a victory, just a temporary cessation.
US has not won a war since WW2.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then?

We are picking up that tab. The reason for the comment....

The CIA has multiple operations units in Poland. The US controls the airspace in Ukraine. US Troops are on the ground, in Poland, practicing war in preparation for support. Britain Defense Ministry announced that British Troops will be stationed and operating in Ukraine. The US operates all drone strikes for Ukraine. The US and Britain fund the mercenaries being used for Ukraine.

Joe Biden is running around trying to honor John McCain. John McCain tried to warn the US. "Tony Blinken is the biggest liar and fraud in Washington DC." Guess who's using idiots in the Cabinet? The first deliveries of Abrams Tanks and F-16's occur in the next few weeks.

We are at war. The dream of Democrats ....

The moment we watch US Boys in Flag draped coffins arriving, while the idiot looks at his watch as each coffin is removed from the plane ......I think the US will have had enough of the Democrat dream.

• Sad
Reactions: BlessedPeace

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ukraine War has reached silly stage. Ukraine has captured 200 Russian Tanks. One illustrious Ukrainian Caption had technical issues with his captured tank. He called for Tech support .......located in Russia. They spent hours trying to identify, then fix an oil leak and a turret operating issue that had the crew hand cranking the turret.

Apparently the tank is now operational ......

• Sad
Reactions: BlessedPeace