69 Week To The 70 Week?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
I never understood...but its coming around..... this they say the 69 week stopped when Christ died .... and when the deal with Hell ... signed the 70 .. week...will begin it has nothing to do with the bride.........the bride will be with the Groom..... your thoughts.

lecoop

May 21, 2008
I never understood...but its coming around..... this they say the 69 week stopped when Christ died .... and when the deal with Hell ... signed the 70 .. week...will begin it has nothing to do with the bride.........the bride will be with the Groom..... your thoughts.

Maxx, it seems, the way the New Testament is written, that God gave Himself an option - depending on whether the nation as a whole, would except Jesus as their Messiah. I think it is possible, had they done that, that the 70th week would have taken place way back then. But, in fact, the nation as a whole did NOT accept Jesus as their Messiah, even after He rose from the dead and the disciples preached for a year or so. The leaders of Israel hated Jesus more then - then before, while he was preaching.

So, God "wrote them off," so to speak, and chose to allow the Gentiles entrance into the gospel. It is like the church - the entire church age - is a "parenthesis" inserted between the 69th week and the 70th week. In truth, the church has NOTHING at all to do with the 70th week - so we will be "taken out of the way" as Paul said of the restrainer. As soon as we are raptured, "sudden destruction" comes upon the world, and those left behind. Yes, we will be with the groom - and sometime later in the week, we will enter into a marriage contract, and enjoy the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Coop

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE :lol: CHRIST IS COMING HERE
and you should learn when so you not follow the fake ...The bride is here waiting for the Husband

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
I do not understand .... the Church is the bride waiting for the Groom to take her to his mansion? right....... nobody is going anywhere........ whats that? So GOd wrote them offfffff whats that? Thats not replacement theology is it? supersessionism?... big word for lucifer has you by the.......

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
You think you are Israel?........ Good luck sister. That seems to be a big delusion in America ..... lost in space sorry to say. one of the lost tribes..... I see. everyone wants to be someone .. just a sinner saved by grace will not do anymore... sad.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You think you are Israel?........ Good luck sister. That seems to be a big delusion in America ..... lost in space sorry to say. one of the lost tribes..... I see. everyone wants to be someone .. just a sinner saved by grace will not do anymore... sad.
:lol: and you think your flying away like a bird to never never land good luck cause I dont know where you are going flesh and blood cant enter heaven ..and Satan is prince of the air ..so have a nice flight

Reactions: Streetsweeper

lecoop

May 21, 2008

As you can see, Maxx, Christina is following doctrines of demons. The bible is CLEAR that we meet Christ IN THE AIR. hey! Birds live in the AIR and they FLY. IF we are going up up up in to air, to mee the Lord in the air, and in the clouds, we must FLY. That is just common horse - I mean bird - sense.

Next, Jesus SAID He was going to prepare a place for us. That Place is HEAVEN. We cannot buy a plane ticket to heaven; no trains can get us there: again, we must FLY. But, with our Resurrection bodies, that will be a piece of cake!

I guess We will see Christina AFTER we have enjoyed the wedding supper IN HEAVEN, since she don't want to fly, and can get there no other way. We will see her when we come back on the white horses. that is, IF she survives those days of great tribulation.

Coop

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010

The prodigal son is the 10 lost tribes returning to the Father, the elder son is Judah who is MOVED TO JEALOUSY (this is the only way they will accept Messiah)

Parable of the wheat and tares tells CLEARLY, the CHAFF was GATHERED FIRST ... TO BE BURNED UP !! ... how can HIS PEOPLE be taken 1st ? ... THE WHEAT is set aside into HIS STOREHOUSE !!

Was Abraham given a false promise that his seed would inherit all the fullness of the blessings ?

Was that promise given to the episcopalians/methodists/catholics/baptists/mormons/ etcetetc ?

It was given to ISRAEL !!

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
As you can see, Maxx, Christina is following doctrines of demons. The bible is CLEAR that we meet Christ IN THE AIR. hey! Birds live in the AIR and they FLY. IF we are going up up up in to air, to mee the Lord in the air, and in the clouds, we must FLY. That is just common horse - I mean bird - sense.

Next, Jesus SAID He was going to prepare a place for us. That Place is HEAVEN. We cannot buy a plane ticket to heaven; no trains can get us there: again, we must FLY. But, with our Resurrection bodies, that will be a piece of cake!

I guess We will see Christina AFTER we have enjoyed the wedding supper IN HEAVEN, since she don't want to fly, and can get there no other way. We will see her when we come back on the white horses. that is, IF she survives those days of great tribulation.

Coop

I reject your “rapture theory” as well. It is not from Scripture but the story of false prophets. You are welcome to believe it if you wish but will suffer the consequence. You will be at the wrong wedding.

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
Lecoop the ghost gives understanding to some.... people ... and to some people the demons speak in the ears of fools... why some people understand and why some people are seduced to the dark side... in the name of God. 2 Timothy 3:5..... Having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof, FROM SUCH TURN AWAY.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Lecoop the ghost gives understanding to some.... people ... and to some people the demons speak in the ears of fools... why some people understand and why some people are seduced to the dark side... in the name of God. 2 Timothy 3:5..... Having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof, FROM SUCH TURN AWAY.

Just Remember that maxx!

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
Whats your point? Many people will cry about this and that I put my point out... so whats your point? For all to see. I will make my point very very soon my friend there seems to be a big smell in this hen house..... the Replacement Theo....... As Malachi said Lucifer has come to the Vatican... Lucifer has come to the Church....

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I also believe that the "rapture" or the "catching up" will take place before the Tribulation. God has a redemption plan in place for Israel and if God did not keep His promises to Israel and the Jews then that would make Him a liar and no Christian should sleep well at night. The purpose of the Tribulation is to push and unbelieving world, but more importantly to push Israel into belief. And it will happen. The Tribualtion is essentially God's wrath poured out on the earth, with all His specific judgments poured out at the mid point of the Tribulation. God has a trend of sparing the righteous before He DIRECTLY unleashes His wrath. He did the same thing at Sodom and Gomorrah and in the Great Flood. The angels at Sodom even told Lot that he and his family had to leave before God could unleash His wrath. And we all know the Noah story well.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Oh oh...you said "Rapture"...
wink.gif

Glenn

Apr 5, 2009
NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE :lol: CHRIST IS COMING HERE
and you should learn when so you not follow the fake ...The bride is here waiting for the Husband

You must be an spiritual Israelite , which is a theory as well. The new creation of the one new man and his calling doesn't fit into the prophetic senario layed out by the prophets concerning the times of the Gentiles, and the end of Daniel weeks on his people.

The doctrinal revelation of Christ coming back to earth, is linked with prophecy, and the promised kingdom, and its kingdom gospel, and would not fit into the none prophetic secret of the one new man, and his mystery fellowship, and inheritence in glory with God the Father which happens to be above the heavens, revealed only after Israels hope was set aside.

The hope of Israel preached until the Acts period ended is prophetic kingdom, and not about the hope, or blessing of the mystery body which has no prophecy dealing with its end, the mystery would have to be over before the prophetic end time senario of the wife being freed from the dead husband, making room for her to be the new bride (along with partaking Gentiles) of the new husband, Paul used an anology the Jew would grasp, seeing they were Gods chosen people under the national law covenant, he used it to explain his adamic gospel ( the promise made to Abraham) to the Jews first in Romans 7:1-4, during his time of being chained to their kingdom hope Acts 1:6, Acts 26:22, and Acts 28:20.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9:24-27 is a prophecy concerning the Messiah (Hebrew Ma·shi´ach) or Christ (Greek Khri·stos´). Daniel 9:24 says that "there are seventy weeks that have been determined upon (Daniel's) people and upon your holy city, in order to terminate transgression, and to finish off sin, and to make atonement for error, and to bring in righteousness for times indefinite, and to imprint a seal upon vision and prophet, and to anoint the holy of holies." How was this fulfilled ?

God set a timetable or appointed time to "terminate transgression, and to finish off sin", to "make atonement for error", "to bring in righteousness for times indefinite", "to imprint a seal upon vision and prophet", and "to anoint the holy of holies". To accomplish this, "seventy weeks" of years had been determined or set by God.

At Daniel 9:25, the angel told Daniel that "you should know and have the insight that from the going forth of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·si´ah the Leader, there will be seven weeks, also sixty-two weeks." The "seventy weeks" is a period of 490 years starting "from the going forth of the word to restore and rebuild Jerusalem." This "word" went forth in 455 B.C.E., "in the month Ni´san, in the twentieth year of Ar·ta·xerx´es (Longimanus) the king", that Nehemiah made a request of King Artaxerxes to "send me to Judah, to the city of the burial places of my forefathers, that I may rebuild it."(Neh 2:1, 5)

Over the course of "seven weeks" or 49 years, repair work on the city and the walls went forward, with the walls being completed on the 25th day of Elul (August-September), in just 52 days.(Neh 6:15) After the rebuilding of the walls first, the repairing of the rest of Jerusalem went forward. As to the first seven “weeks” (49 years), Nehemiah, with the help of Ezra and, afterward, others who may have succeeded them, worked, “in the straits of the times,” with difficulty from within, among the Jews themselves, and from without, on the part of the Samaritans and others.(Neh 4:1)

As to the following “sixty-two weeks” (Dan 9:25), these, being part of the 70 and named second in order, would continue from the conclusion of the “seven weeks.” Therefore, the time “from the going forth of the word” to rebuild Jerusalem until “Messiah the Leader” would be 7 plus 62 “weeks,” or 69 “weeks”—483 years—from the year 455 B.C.E. to 29 C.E. In the autumn of that year, 29 C.E., Jesus was baptized in water, being anointed with holy spirit, and began his ministry as “Messiah the Leader.”(Luke 3:1, 2, 21, 22)

Daniel 9:26 says that "after the sixty-two weeks Mes·si´ah will be cut off, with nothing for himself." Verse 27 says that God "must keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease." Hence, the Abrahamic covenant was to be kept "in force for the many for one week", whereas "at the half of the week" will "sacrifice and gift offering (the Mosaic Law covenant) cease".

Hence, with Jesus death on Nisan 14, 33 C.E., 3 1/2 years later or "half of the week", "sacrifice and gift offering" ceased, for this brought to an end the Mosaic Law covenant that had been in force for over fifteen hundred years for the nation of Israel. Daniel 11:22 also prophetically speaks of Jesus as the "Leader of the covenant" that was "broken" at his death. The need for the animal sacrifices and the gift offerings prescribed by the Law ceased when the resurrected Jesus presented the value of his sacrificed human life to God in heaven.

Although the Jewish priests continued to make offerings until the destruction of Jerusalem’s temple in 70 C.E., such sacrifices were no longer acceptable to God. They had been replaced by a better sacrifice, one that never had to be repeated. The apostle Paul wrote that Christ "offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually . . . For it is by one sacrificial offering that he has made those who are being sanctified perfect perpetually.”(Hebrews 10:12, 14)

How, then, could it be said that the Messiah “must keep the covenant in force for the many for one week” ? Because he kept the Abrahamic covenant in force. Until the 70th week ended, God extended the blessings of that covenant to Abraham’s Hebrew offspring. But at the end of the “seventy weeks” of years, in 36 C.E., the apostle Peter preached to the devout Italian man Cornelius, his household, and other Gentiles. And from that day on, the good news began to be declared among people of the nations.(Acts 3:25, 26; 10:1-48; Galatians 3:8, 9, 14) Thus, in 36 C.E., the Abrahamic covenant that God made with Abraham, for "all nations to bless themselves" through his "seed"(Gen 22:18), in 1943 B.C.E., was now extended, not only to the Jews but now to Gentiles, with the conversion of Cornelius.

Glenn

Apr 5, 2009
Daniel 9:24-27 is a prophecy concerning the Messiah (Hebrew Ma·shi´ach) or Christ (Greek Khri·stos´). Daniel 9:24 says that "there are seventy weeks that have been determined upon (Daniel's) people and upon your holy city, in order to terminate transgression, and to finish off sin, and to make atonement for error, and to bring in righteousness for times indefinite, and to imprint a seal upon vision and prophet, and to anoint the holy of holies." How was this fulfilled ?

God set a timetable or appointed time to "terminate transgression, and to finish off sin", to "make atonement for error", "to bring in righteousness for times indefinite", "to imprint a seal upon vision and prophet", and "to anoint the holy of holies". To accomplish this, "seventy weeks" of years had been determined or set by God.

At Daniel 9:25, the angel told Daniel that "you should know and have the insight that from the going forth of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·si´ah the Leader, there will be seven weeks, also sixty-two weeks." The "seventy weeks" is a period of 490 years starting "from the going forth of the word to restore and rebuild Jerusalem." This "word" went forth in 455 B.C.E., "in the month Ni´san, in the twentieth year of Ar·ta·xerx´es (Longimanus) the king", that Nehemiah made a request of King Artaxerxes to "send me to Judah, to the city of the burial places of my forefathers, that I may rebuild it."(Neh 2:1, 5)

Over the course of "seven weeks" or 49 years, repair work on the city and the walls went forward, with the walls being completed on the 25th day of Elul (August-September), in just 52 days.(Neh 6:15) After the rebuilding of the walls first, the repairing of the rest of Jerusalem went forward. As to the first seven “weeks” (49 years), Nehemiah, with the help of Ezra and, afterward, others who may have succeeded them, worked, “in the straits of the times,” with difficulty from within, among the Jews themselves, and from without, on the part of the Samaritans and others.(Neh 4:1)

As to the following “sixty-two weeks” (Dan 9:25), these, being part of the 70 and named second in order, would continue from the conclusion of the “seven weeks.” Therefore, the time “from the going forth of the word” to rebuild Jerusalem until “Messiah the Leader” would be 7 plus 62 “weeks,” or 69 “weeks”—483 years—from the year 455 B.C.E. to 29 C.E. In the autumn of that year, 29 C.E., Jesus was baptized in water, being anointed with holy spirit, and began his ministry as “Messiah the Leader.”(Luke 3:1, 2, 21, 22)

Daniel 9:26 says that "after the sixty-two weeks Mes·si´ah will be cut off, with nothing for himself." Verse 27 says that God "must keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease." Hence, the Abrahamic covenant was to be kept "in force for the many for one week", whereas "at the half of the week" will "sacrifice and gift offering (the Mosaic Law covenant) cease".

Hence, with Jesus death on Nisan 14, 33 C.E., 3 1/2 years later or "half of the week", "sacrifice and gift offering" ceased, for this brought to an end the Mosaic Law covenant that had been in force for over fifteen hundred years for the nation of Israel. Daniel 11:22 also prophetically speaks of Jesus as the "Leader of the covenant" that was "broken" at his death. The need for the animal sacrifices and the gift offerings prescribed by the Law ceased when the resurrected Jesus presented the value of his sacrificed human life to God in heaven.

Although the Jewish priests continued to make offerings until the destruction of Jerusalem’s temple in 70 C.E., such sacrifices were no longer acceptable to God. They had been replaced by a better sacrifice, one that never had to be repeated. The apostle Paul wrote that Christ "offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually . . . For it is by one sacrificial offering that he has made those who are being sanctified perfect perpetually.”(Hebrews 10:12, 14)

How, then, could it be said that the Messiah “must keep the covenant in force for the many for one week” ? Because he kept the Abrahamic covenant in force. Until the 70th week ended, God extended the blessings of that covenant to Abraham’s Hebrew offspring. But at the end of the “seventy weeks” of years, in 36 C.E., the apostle Peter preached to the devout Italian man Cornelius, his household, and other Gentiles. And from that day on, the good news began to be declared among people of the nations.(Acts 3:25, 26; 10:1-48; Galatians 3:8, 9, 14) Thus, in 36 C.E., the Abrahamic covenant that God made with Abraham, for "all nations to bless themselves" through his "seed"(Gen 22:18), in 1943 B.C.E., was now extended, not only to the Jews but now to Gentiles, with the conversion of Cornelius.

Na the he in verse 27 isn't God, Luke 21:12-24 shows the timing of the events leading up to the desolation on the house of judah, and proves all that had to happen before any end time events could even start., Daniels end time obmination of desolation is placed by the Lord after the end time events are climaxing just before the Lord returns 2Thess 2:1-8.
So the Luke 21:12-24 goes with the words spoke against the house of Judah in Matthew 23:33-39, and is not the same desolation, nor is the fleeing the same events because one happen before 70AD, and the other time wise has to happen after the end time events are already manifesting.

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
After reading this thread, here's my opinion. Cyrus died in 529bc, so 490yrs don't add up to 70ad. The temple was completed in 516bc, in the 6th yr of Darius (Ezra 6:15), and the wall by Nehemiah in the 20th yr of Queen Esther and Artaxerxes I (Neh 1:1, 6:15) in 44bc. The 490yr don't add up to 70ad, instead they add up the the time of Rome's occupation of Israel. The 490yrs is the time of Persia/Mede and Grecia's occupation. The 490yrs ends in 63bc, which coincidently is the yr Julius Caesar is elected Pontifex Maximus.

Last but not least, we do not fly to heaven but are carried by the angels, the reapers. Three resurrections, the 1st is the righteous only. The 2nd(The Great White Throne Judgment) is the good and the bad, the good that died after the beginning of the 1,000yr reign to the end of the 1,000yrs, and all the bad from the beginning to the end of the 1,000yr reign, the books opened. The 3rd is the "wheat and tares", all the living on the earth and the dead from after the end of the 1,000yr reign, thus Revelation closing with Rev 22: 14; Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city" (storehouse).
blink.gif