7 Common Errors of Interpretation for Chapters 4-6 of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it isn't, this was a CODE that Gen. 37:9 explains. Israel is THE WOMAN, its not a hard code to crack, anyone that thinks this was a Heavenly Sign in the Heaven's just does not understand prophetic utterings. Hey look, lets look to the Signs of Virgo the Horoscope. Makes no sense, God has no part with evil things of Satan.
I agree that Israel is the woman.

I also show you your error from scripture.
Gen 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:"
Just because Satan corrupted the signs with the horoscope doesn't mean a Godly truth is nullified.
Continue in your errors then I guess.

I destroy you thesis on the timelines.

Since you dodged it all that meant you couldn't overcome the points.
All that you have done is to state that your theory is different from mine and therefore concluded that mine was in error. I know your theory and you are in good company with many scholars. Your hermeneutics won't allow you to see that God is pictured coming to earth in 6 different passages in the Revelation. I have tried, but there is nothing I can do to get you to look outside of your theory.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, I believe Adam was created with a physical body.

If Adam had a permanent body, his body would never have died as a result of his sin. This is the difference between mankind and angels. Angels have permanent bodies, so when they sinned, they couldn't die and be resurrected into a new body.

Adam's spirit never died because our spirits live forever. To be spiritually dead is to be separated from God.

I agree, but there is more. Our dead corruptible physical bodies will also be changed when Jesus returns.

I agree, but that thief's grave will also be emptied at that time. Whatever body comes from heaven will be joined with a resurrected body that comes out of the earth.

I don't know that a soul physically leaves earth because a soul is not physical to begin with, but I agree with the gist of what you said.

I think there will be some who will die during the millennium who will be in Christ. Once they are dead, the choice has been made whether to belong to Christ or not.
For one, the angels were bound in the pit in eternal chains, and have done literally nothing for probably 4,000 years.

No one is locked up in sheol. Just in torment. The physical death was Adam being removed from that physical body and placed into a temporal body of death. That the body died or did not die is irrelevant.

The thief is not dead. The thief went to Paradise. Jesus is not dead. Jesus went to Paradise. Why do you deny these words from Jesus:

Luke 9:27

"But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God."

Matthew 16:28

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

John 8:51-54

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:"

Hebrews 2:9

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man."

People call the point where the soul leaves this body of death, physical death, but for the redeemed, that is just the opposite. They don't taste death. The soul is transfered from one physical body to another: 2 Corinthians 5:1

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

Adam left that permanent body from God, and entered the physical body of death. That was the physical death God promised Adam, if Adam disobeyed. So the reverse process happens when a redeemed soul leaves the physical body of death for the permanent incorruptible physical body from God. It was Jesus who provided the opportunity to do just as He did, and leave death behind to physically enter Paradise.

All spirits are waiting in heaven. Read about the spirits in 1 Kings 22. The spirit is separated from us, but not dead. That is why we are spiritually dead, and have the Holy Spirit on loan until the day of redemption. The spirit is our connection to God. But they reside in heaven with God to remain blameless and pure.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 15:53 " For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."
What do you believe is the difference between corruptible and mortal?
What do you believe is the difference between incorruption and immortality?
Didn't I say that Apostle Paul was pointing to 4 different Greek words in that 1 Corinthians 15:53 verse about 2 changes, not 1?

Why haven't you bothered to check that out in the Greek for yourself? The free Strong's Exhaustive Concordance is online, if you don't have one. I even recommend BibleSoft's free OneTouch software download that has many classic Bible study tools, and all FREE.

In John 5:28-29, the resurrection of life refers to dead physical bodies coming out of the ground and living with Jesus forever. This event occurs on both sides of Jesus' 1000 year reign.
The resurrection of damnation refers to dead bodies coming out of the ground and being separated from Jesus forever in the lake of fire. This event only occurs after Jesus' 1000 year reign.
The "resurrection of life" actually refers to all... of Christ's saints gathered to Him when He comes. It's true that only the saints that have died are resurrected, and He brings them with Him when He comes, and then those of us still alive on earth are suddenly changed at that event and gathered to Him also, but I interpret that "resurrection of life" more in the sense of all His Church.

Same with the idea of the "resurrection of damnation", which the unsaved still alive will be put with them when Jesus returns.

When you research those 4 different Greek words in 1 Cor.15:53, then maybe you will understand what the difference in that future time after Christ's return will be between the saved and the unsaved that will still be subject to the "second death".

And not everyone assigned to that "resurrection of damnation" when Jesus comes will be cast into the "lake of fire" at the GWT Judgment. Many of the unsaved will come to Christ Jesus and believe during His future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20. This is why, if you look at Rev.20:12 & 15, "the book of life" is compared with the unsaved at God's GWT Judgment to see if any names are found in it.

That means it is possible, and I will even say probable, that some of the unsaved at the start of Christ's future "thousand years" reign, will believe on Him, and their names will be found written in that "book of life" at that Judgement, and thus will become part of the "resurrection of life" in Christ Jesus.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you believe that the 'spiritual body' that abides in the lake of fire is eternal?
Because of what is written in Psalms 37 about the wicked dead. And Revelation 14:11 says "the SMOKE of their torment" ascends forever, not their actual period of burning. The Psalms says they will simply "consume away" and be no more, not able to find them.

Ps 37:10
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
KJV

Ps 37:20
20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
KJV

Ps 37:35-36
35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are in agreement.

I don't see any connection between Rev 7:1-3 and what you wrote below.
If you are going to quote me, then at least include the 'evidence' of Scripture that I was quoting with it. I can take your words to and twist them by leaving out portions of what you said and make it sound like you said something different, which is dishonest.

Here's the Scripture I quoted when I spoke of it being linked to the Rev.7:1-3 subject...

Matt 24:31
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from
the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

And the link to Rev.7:1-3...

Rev 7:1-3
7 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth,
holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
KJV

So how is the Rev.7:1-3 subject NOT LINKED to what Jesus said in Matt.24:31 about the "four winds" and day of His coming to gather His saints?

The 'four winds' is the subject between BOTH Scriptures, the only difference between the two is that Matt. 24:31 is about the day of Christ's coming, and the Rev.7:1 timing is just prior... to the four winds blowing with Christ's coming.

Thus the "four winds" subject in both is about ENDING of this present world when Jesus comes. But in Rev.7 the "four winds" are being held back, until Christ's servants are SEALED with God's SEAL.

The 2 witnesses and the 144,000 are both in heaven before Matt 24:31.
That idea is NOT written in God's Word. That is man's false Pre-tribulation Rapture theory.

The Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 Scripture emphatically reveals that Jesus' coming to gather His faithful saints will be AFTER... the great tribulation, NOT PRIOR to it.

Since you want to DENY those Scriptures by Jesus in His Olivet discourse, which are the SAME gathering event that Apostle Paul taught 1 Thessalonians 4, the I don't have time to waste with you. I simply hope you eventually leave... that false Pre-trib Rapture theory from men, and believe what Jesus Himself said in His Word.