1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

7 Facts: The Rapture and the End of the Age

Discussion in 'Eschatology & Prophecy Forum' started by Rapture and End Times, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Mike Tang 1991

Mike Tang 1991 Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

The Rapture is the humans that are taken with Jesus and the aliens to populate the New Earth

2. GaryAnderson

GaryAnderson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I see. So you simply Reject the fact that some sites are 10 or 15,000 years old or older.

3. Timtofly

Timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I simply accept that man's attempts to date creation will only end in flawed interpretations.

It is not even science totally to blame. They can only work with the information they have. Decay only happened when sin entered the world. If there was no decay for 1000 years, no half life, no death, how does science reconcile those facts, other than dismiss them?

The interpretation via science, we have, demands the Bible is wrong. God's Word tells us science does not have all the facts.

Cassandra likes this.
  4. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Seven misunderstandings :(

The whole message here from Jesus is not a put-off of the timing of events to some future mass event, but rather that "All these events are the beginning", not the end. So...it is not correct for you to say that all these things are signs of the end.

Which begs the question: What then is the end? (Rhetorical)

GaryAnderson likes this.
  5. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    If I may interject:

The timing of world history is simply a matter of disagreement for lack of understanding what the world actually is.

The world is not natural, but supernatural. It is the manifestation and revelation of the story of Jesus Christ made known to all, the dead and the living. As such, if one or many believe in a world billions of years old, it is manifest; and if others believe that it is as it is written, that too is manifest--that each brings their beliefs to the judgment before God. The world is thereby a witness and a testimony of each. The earth simply crumbles accordingly.

Time is an illusion.

6. GaryAnderson

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hello @ScottA , in science this is called “having no objective reality” and it’s a respectable view. However we do agree on certain things that we see despite the fact that we don’t know and see the full reality.
    For example, we all agree that when we see a bus, then it’s a bus.
    Or a bird, or a rock, or a site that’s 15,000 years old.

7. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It is true that most people agree on more things than can be numbered, but also disagree on just as many. But why should we debate what God has made clear is a matter of "creation" suitable for all purposes good and evil? Does it even make sense that their truth is also our truth, when God has revealed that each receives by his own measure?

8. GaryAnderson

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Okay fair and I agree with this view. This is why I don’t engage further when I see someone holding an extreme position. In their view, they’re right.

ScottA likes this.
  9. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but Time is a big subject, and yet it is at the heart of most misunderstandings about the world and about God. Including these seven.

10. GaryAnderson

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Believe me, with everything that I’ve seen here you’re not hijacking anything and we’re having a fluid conversation but I appreciate your respect and consideration.
    Time is indeed a fascinating topic and if you have more to share I’ll be happy to read it.
    All I know about Time in this universe is that it’s relative to the person depending where they are and how fast they’re going.
    Outside of this universe, a place where I imagine God resides who kicked off the Big Bang, Time may have completely different properties.

11. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    A quick synopsis of the reality of Time:
    [​IMG] Within the context of this famous movie scene, we would not look at our own watch to see what time it is. That would be ridiculous. Fact is the movie only seems to have a timeline, when there is actually no such thing within the physical film sitting on a shelf. Actually, that would-be timeline is better described as a storyline.

However, in the case of God looking from outside the context of eternity into the context of world time, God doesn't have a watch, because he is not subject to that context. "No shadow of turning." And just as a movie timeline is better understood as a storyline, so is our story...which is of course bigger than just us, but is rather the complete revelation of Jesus Christ. History is not so much our story, but his story. ... But there is no actual timeline, just as there is no actual timeline to a movie or a book sitting on a shelf in the timeless realm of God. Therefore, he says, "I am", and only within the storyline is it correct to say, "yesterday, today, and forever." From God's timeless perspective--the only actual reality, a timeline of a timeless God...would also be ridiculous.

Time rather, is a form of godly media, a written creation, and a means of revelation, the revelation of Jesus Christ and all who are in him, the living and the dead.

amadeus and GaryAnderson like this.
  12. GaryAnderson

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thanks @ScottA , I appreciate your explanation and yes I’ve thought of time as some sort of film tape instead of a one-way direction.
    I do have to ask though regarding your media comment, you do realize that people have always had a sense of time before media existed correct?

13. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Well...I would credit God for media before the media of men :)

14. GaryAnderson

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Oh I’m sorry, you used it in That sense. Again I’m sorry, there’s a lot of conspiracy theory folks here so that seemed strange to me but you’ve used in a different sense.
    Thanks again.

15. Davy

Davy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    True, man's science doesn't have all the facts. But there's a pseudo-science by man that one must realize that is out to disprove The Bible, while man's 'true' science actually supports... what God's Word reveals.

The other problem is that the majority are not aware how God's Word declares a previous world earth age prior to Adam and Eve, a time when Satan was perfect in his ways and serving God as a covering cherub guarding the Mercy Seat. That time is where many of the earth's ancient fossil remains comes from, including tropical fossils of plant and animal life at both of the earth's poles.