A Closer Look at the Genesis Creation Account

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’m sorry but that is just hilarious.....it shows just how much you don’t know whilst pretending to.
You have no idea why we count time in the ministry......it’s for our Yearbook.....one we publish every year to encourage us and to see the results of our work...and to read about some wonderful experiences.....There is no “status”. Though there is appreciation for the self sacrificing efforts of those who enter the full time service. Every one of Jehovah’s Witnesses is a preacher of “the good news of the Kingdom” ....it’s what being a Christian means.

The only ones you “know” by the sound of things, are defectors from our organisation. Those who want to do the wrong thing and are unrepentant about it, are booted from our ranks because, quite frankly we don’t need their drama or their lame excuses. Jesus set the standard and we abide by it.
If you break God’s law unrepentantly, you can expect to be expelled from our ranks until you get your life in order. This is entirely scriptural. (1 Corinthians 5:9-13)

Now back to the questions you seem to be dodging......where are your answers....or is this all you can do?
I am of the understanding God's Kingdom consists of gathering, in particular the lost and the lame. Exclusion is exercised willingly by pride and better than thou attitudes by the very ones who feel entitled.....and dare I say it; they exclude themselves.

God's Kingdom does not exercise force of the will in any form including the force of arms; these are attributes belonging to the kingdom of men. Service to others epitomises God's Kingdom....particularly the foundering and the drowning.
God's Kingdom is revealed in self sacrifice.....a principle at odds to the tune of 180 degrees to the kingdom of men.

God's Kingdom is not passive....not in the least.....it binds up those who have been waylaid....bruised, broken and dying. It pours wine in their wounds and pays the inn keeper for their care.

Man's kingdom consists of attitudes which say, get your life in order, comply with our requirements and we will accept you....jump through our hoops and we will love you......in other words, smarten up and stay in step.....personal effort precedes acceptance and inclusion. This process ensures judgement of others remains endemic.

I would ask, could the paralytic at the pool of Siloam step to or his compatriot who was let down through the roof? Could the blind man open his own eyes or the leper cleanse himself? Let me ask, can the dead raise themselves or open their ears to hear anything?

God's Kingdom treats the unbelieving as one would a tax collector.....ie, with a delicate hand and an invitation.....Jesus shows us how it's done. We need to pay more attention!

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes the Watchtower Org is built upon lies, deceit, and false predictions

Imagine how many witnesses sold homes and gave their wealth to the Org based upon these false lies of the second coming
Oh my goodness....nose in the trough again....

Good bye T7t7 you are like a broken record...unable to answer questions about your own faith but all too ready to pull down the faith of others.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am of the understanding God's Kingdom consists of gathering, in particular the lost and the lame. Exclusion is exercised willingly by pride and better than thou attitudes by the very ones who feel entitled.....and dare I say it; they exclude themselves.

God's Kingdom does not exercise force of the will in any form including the force of arms; these are attributes belonging to the kingdom of men. Service to others epitomises God's Kingdom....particularly the foundering and the drowning.
God's Kingdom is revealed in self sacrifice.....a principle at odds to the tune of 180 degrees to the kingdom of men.

God's Kingdom is not passive....not in the least.....it binds up those who have been waylaid....bruised, broken and dying. It pours wine in their wounds and pays the inn keeper for their care.

Man's kingdom consists of attitudes which say, get your life in order, comply with our requirements and we will accept you....jump through our hoops and we will love you......in other words, smarten up and stay in step.....personal effort precedes acceptance and inclusion. This process ensures judgement of others remains endemic.

I would ask, could the paralytic at the pool of Siloam step to or his compatriot who was let down through the roof? Could the blind man open his own eyes or the leper cleanse himself? Let me ask, can the dead raise themselves or open their ears to hear anything?

God's Kingdom treats the unbelieving as one would a tax collector.....ie, with a delicate hand and an invitation.....Jesus shows us how it's done. We need to pay more attention!
All these things may be true, but I asked what God’s Kingdom is.....define it for me. You have alluded to what it can do, but not what it actually is.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my goodness....nose in the trough again....

Good bye T7t7 you are like a broken record...unable to answer questions about your own faith but all to ready to pull down the faith of others.....:rolleyes:
Nose in the trough, does that make me a pig?

It's not called pulling down faith, but exposing the lies in deception

Charles Taze Russel Founder Of The Jehovahs Witnesses Was A False Teacher In Deception And Lies, Many Have Been Deceived By His Teachings

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And old books are just that...it isn’t scripture...their authors were not prophets but truth seekers....that book was released in 1921....we have moved on in our understanding as revelation of truth is progressive, so what was held before, was a lead up to further clarity. We have learned so much since then.....the “generation” that Jesus spoke of is now identified. It is the generation of anointed ones who will rule with Christ in his Kingdom. That ‘generation will not pass off the earthly scene until all the things foretold, take place’. (Matthew 24:34)
These ones are a “generation” of God by his spirit. The remaining ones of the "elect" will be taken off the earth when Christ returns to judge the world. (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17)

The word in Greek "genea" has several meanings.....one of which is...
"metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character."

This describes the "generation" of the "elect"...those who are chosen for a role in the heavenly Kingdom. The first of which were gathered in the first century and have continued to be gathered for the last 2,000 years. So it can't be a single generation of humans in the ordinary understanding of the word.
This definition fits the situation better.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps you could enlighten me?
I have been waiting for those who were silenced by my questions to actually tell me what God's Kingdom is....and its revealing that no one seems to be able to put a handle on it, even though the scriptures tell us exactly what God's Kingdom is, and what it will do for mankind, the earth itself, and those who are Christians, but are not of the "elect".

In the final week of his life on earth Jesus Christ rode as in a triumphal procession into Jerusalem. Enthusiastic Jews who were expecting God’s kingdom to be established in Jesus, accompanied him joyfully and cried out: “Save, we pray, the Son of David! Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah’s name! Save him, we pray, in the heights above!” “Save, we pray you! Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah’s name, even the king of Israel!” “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!” (Matthew 21:9; John 12:13; Mark 11:10)

Inside Jerusalem, Jesus went to the temple, but he was not anointed by the Jewish high priest to be king of the Jews. He did not sit down on a throne of Jehovah in Jerusalem and reign as the visible, earthly representative of God. Five days later, or on Passover day, he stood before Governor Pontius Pilate on trial for his life. There he said: My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” (John 18:36)

Jesus taught his disciples to pray for God’s kingdom to come, (the typical or earthly kingdom had been overturned in 607 B.C.E. when the last King of God's earthly Kingdom was removed from his throne).....and rulership in the restored Kingdom to come, was in the future.....but it did not come with Jesus Christ at his first appearance. It was not yet the time for that to take place.

If you turn to the prophecy of Daniel ch 7, there you find a description of the coming of God’s kingdom in the hands of one who is called the "Son of man". This is Jesus Christ , the Son of David, the permanent heir of the everlasting kingdom promised to David’s royal family. First Daniel is shown a symbolic picture of the succession of world powers from the Babylonian World Power on down to the political system that includes the Anglo-American World Power of today. In the vision Daniel sees, not a peaceful conversion of those world powers to the Son of man, but their violent destruction. After seeing this, the prophet Daniel goes on to say:

“I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.” (Daniel 7:13-14)

In Daniel ch 2, the King of Babylon is given a dream by God in which he sets forth the march of the world powers, depicted by an immense image made of different materials in descending order......all the way from ancient Babylon, through to the Roman World Power, and down to an outgrowth of that Roman World Power, the Anglo-American World Power of today, the political alliance of the British Empire and the United States of America.
The King saw the coming of God's Kingdom represented by a stone that was not cut out by human hands, and it is seen striking the image on its feet and destroying that image entirely. What did this symbolize?

It says in Daniel 2:44....“And in the days of those kings [the present political rulers of this world] the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”

The coming of God’s Messianic kingdom here symbolized by that stone, means that God's Kingdom is going to crush all earthly kingdoms out of existence and replace them with his Kingdom, which will rule from heaven over redeemed mankind.

This pictures the fighting of the final war foretold in the last book of the Bible, “the war of the great day of God the Almighty,” commonly called 'the Battle of Armageddon'. (Revelation 16:14-16)

So God's Kingdom is an actual governmental arrangement with selected "kings and priests" (Revelation 20:6) who will assist Christ in bringing about reconciliation with God and a restoration of the paradise that we lost due to Adam's sin. The Kingdom will rule for 1,000 years, bringing mankind back to God's original purpose for man on this earth. Revelation 21:2-4 will then be fulfilled...

"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Isn't that something to look forward to?

Armageddon cleanses the earth of all wickedness, and ushers in a new world of righteousness.
(2 Peter 3:13) It will be the complete restoration of God's first purpose. What God starts, he finishes. (Isaiah 55:11)

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been waiting for those who were silenced by my questions to actually tell me what God's Kingdom is....and its revealing that no one seems to be able to put a handle on it, even though the scriptures tell us exactly what God's Kingdom is, and what it will do for mankind, the earth itself, and those who are Christians, but are not of the "elect".

In the final week of his life on earth Jesus Christ rode as in a triumphal procession into Jerusalem. Enthusiastic Jews who were expecting God’s kingdom to be established in Jesus, accompanied him joyfully and cried out: “Save, we pray, the Son of David! Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah’s name! Save him, we pray, in the heights above!” “Save, we pray you! Blessed is he that comes in Jehovah’s name, even the king of Israel!” “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!” (Matthew 21:9; John 12:13; Mark 11:10)

Inside Jerusalem, Jesus went to the temple, but he was not anointed by the Jewish high priest to be king of the Jews. He did not sit down on a throne of Jehovah in Jerusalem and reign as the visible, earthly representative of God. Five days later, or on Passover day, he stood before Governor Pontius Pilate on trial for his life. There he said: My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” (John 18:36)

Jesus taught his disciples to pray for God’s kingdom to come, (the typical or earthly kingdom had been overturned in 607 B.C.E. when the last King of God's earthly Kingdom was removed from his throne).....and rulership in the restored Kingdom to come, was in the future.....but it did not come with Jesus Christ at his first appearance. It was not yet the time for that to take place.

If you turn to the prophecy of Daniel ch 7, there you find a description of the coming of God’s kingdom in the hands of one who is called the "Son of man". This is Jesus Christ , the Son of David, the permanent heir of the everlasting kingdom promised to David’s royal family. First Daniel is shown a symbolic picture of the succession of world powers from the Babylonian World Power on down to the political system that includes the Anglo-American World Power of today. In the vision Daniel sees, not a peaceful conversion of those world powers to the Son of man, but their violent destruction. After seeing this, the prophet Daniel goes on to say:

“I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.” (Daniel 7:13-14)

In Daniel ch 2, the King of Babylon is given a dream by God in which he sets forth the march of the world powers, depicted by an immense image made of different materials in descending order......all the way from ancient Babylon, through to the Roman World Power, and down to an outgrowth of that Roman World Power, the Anglo-American World Power of today, the political alliance of the British Empire and the United States of America.
The King saw the coming of God's Kingdom represented by a stone that was not cut out by human hands, and it is seen striking the image on its feet and destroying that image entirely. What did this symbolize?

It says in Daniel 2:44....“And in the days of those kings [the present political rulers of this world] the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”

The coming of God’s Messianic kingdom here symbolized by that stone, means that God's Kingdom is going to crush all earthly kingdoms out of existence and replace them with his Kingdom, which will rule from heaven over redeemed mankind.

This pictures the fighting of the final war foretold in the last book of the Bible, “the war of the great day of God the Almighty,” commonly called 'the Battle of Armageddon'. (Revelation 16:14-16)

So God's Kingdom is an actual governmental arrangement with selected "kings and priests" (Revelation 20:6) who will assist Christ in bringing about reconciliation with God and a restoration of the paradise that we lost due to Adam's sin. The Kingdom will rule for 1,000 years, bringing mankind back to God's original purpose for man on this earth. Revelation 21:2-4 will then be fulfilled...

"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Armageddon cleanses the earth of all wickedness, and ushers in a new world of righteousness.
(2 Peter 3:13) It will be the complete restoration of God's first purpose. What God starts, he finishes. (Isaiah 55:11)
Do you seriously believe the disciples of a false teacher will be there?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And old books are just that...it isn’t scripture...their authors were not prophets but truth seekers....that book was released in 1921....we have moved on in our understanding as revelation of truth is progressive, so what was held before, was a lead up to further clarity. We have learned so much since then.....the “generation” that Jesus spoke of is now identified. It is the generation of anointed ones who will rule with Christ in his Kingdom. That ‘generation will not pass off the earthly scene until all the things foretold, take place’. (Matthew 24:34)
These ones are a “generation” of God by his spirit. The remaining ones of the "elect" will be taken off the earth when Christ returns to judge the world. (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17)

The word in Greek "genea" has several meanings.....one of which is...
"metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character."

This describes the "generation" of the "elect"...those who are chosen for a role in the heavenly Kingdom. The first of which were gathered in the first century and have continued to be gathered for the last 2,000 years. So it can't be a single generation of humans in the ordinary understanding of the word.
Is that the 1914 prediction, revision #35?

Hey guys our founding fathers have been wrong, our multiple revisions wrong, but the next one will be right, trust us?

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Reactions: Cassandra

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I see you haven't answered the question of what the Kingdom of God actually is even when the reality of Jesus defines it clearly. You have sidestepped it in favour of the principle of dominance.

To reiterate, the Kingdom of God aka as the reality of God is a kingdom of service and inclusion. It is not a kingdom of exclusion and dominance.

The principle of dominance over others has in it the seeds of its own destruction. This same principle enamours itself by the judgement of others as inferior..... of which the 'religious' mindset is principle. It is also known as the wine of Babylon.....teachings which misrepresent the very Kingdom Jesus was the epitome of.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But do you see the problem now? If you maintain that Jesus is God, then we would need a mediator also between him and us.....how fundamentally silly would you like to make this?
Ummm, excuse me, but doesn't the Watchtower and Russel's NWT state that the word, Jesus, is a God? Does not the NWT place the article a into the text where the Greek has no such article? What kind of God is Jesus then to you?

Reactions: Truth7t7

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

About the only thing you got right is that the Kingdom of God is not of this world. You placed it in the future as something not yet established, yet Jesus said to His disciples, the Kingdom of God is within you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By all means, please share how God has chosen these 144,000 elect over the past 2,000 years?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see you haven't answered the question of what the Kingdom of God actually is even when the reality of Jesus defines it clearly. You have sidestepped it in favour of the principle of dominance.
I have explained it as the Bible does. The whole purpose of the Kingdom is to reconcile sinful humans with the God that their forefather separated them from. He sent his Christ to make that reconciliation possible. The good news of the Kingdom is that humans who seek God can actually fully detach themselves from the wicked governance of this world and establish their citizenship in God’s Kingdom.
We cannot have dual citizenship because, to become a friend of the world makes one an enemy of God. (James 4:4) Why do you think “Babylon the great” is presented as a prostitute?...in bed with God’s enemies.

The definition of a kingdom is a “king” and his “dom”ain. It’s not really that complicated. The devil rules this world, but God rules the next one. We can be there if we qualify for life. Obedience is how we qualify. It has always been this way.

To reiterate, the Kingdom of God aka as the reality of God is a kingdom of service and inclusion. It is not a kingdom of exclusion and dominance.
Can you show me where it says that in the scriptures? God has always had his laws and his enforcers because he will not tolerate the kind of independence that creates an attitude where we can pick and choose what to believe and what to practice. If you think that Jehovah is some ‘mamby pamby’ all forgiving sop, then I have news for you. Why does God require worship? Why does he stipulate in very clear terms what is acceptable to him and what is not....he does not leave those things up to us.
We shape up or he will ship us out.

With true Christianity, there is no dominance except by God. He has assigned shepherds to care for his sheep, whom we are told to obey (Hebrews 13:17) which is not dominance as you suggest, but a provision whereby the flock is protected from spiritual danger....one of the greatest spiritual dangers is thinking that we can dictate to God what we will or won’t do or believe. The other is tolerating wolves among the sheep. The trouble is, the sheep’s clothing makes identification of the wolves difficult. In a world ruled by the devil, nothing is as it appears to be. Good is bad and bad is good.....wolves look like sheep and vice versa.

Like it or not, Jehovah is a dictator....but a benevolent one who has our best interests at heart always....so he expects obedience because from day one, that is all he ever asked of his earthly children. It was a simple formula...obey and continue living....or disobey and lose the gift of life. Conditions have always applied.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ummm, excuse me, but doesn't the Watchtower and Russel's NWT state that the word, Jesus, is a God? Does not the NWT place the article a into the text where the Greek has no such article? What kind of God is Jesus then to you?
Well excuse me too, but if we are going to talk about the article “a”....what about the article “the” which is in the Greek text to differentiate “the God” (ho theos) from a god (just theos)?

“Theos” means “god” which in Greek describes all gods, including satan. But when the definite article is employed, it means “the God” who is Jehovah.....Jesus is “a god” in the Greek definition of the word.

Read it in an interlinear and see that the definite article is applied when it means Jehovah but not when it speaks about the Word, who was not “the God” but a god-like mighty one, which is what it means in Greek, and what Jesus is. He was never “ho theos” in all of Christian scripture.