A Deep Dive into Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I argue all the time, on the internet, that baptism isn't required for salvation. Nevertheless, my concern is this. By arguing that baptism isn't necessary, I seem to be suggesting that baptism isn't valuable or even desired. More importantly, most discussions of baptism seem focused on the ritual act itself, seeming without knowledge of what baptism actually symbolizes.

I hope you like what I have done, with the help of others. Enjoy.

Title: A Deep Dive Into Baptism

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I argue all the time, on the internet, that baptism isn't required for salvation. Nevertheless, my concern is this. By arguing that baptism isn't necessary, I seem to be suggesting that baptism isn't valuable or even desired. More importantly, most discussions of baptism seem focused on the ritual act itself, seeming without knowledge of what baptism actually symbolizes.

I hope you like what I have done, with the help of others. Enjoy.

Title: A Deep Dive Into Baptism

Clearly baptism is not a requirement for salvation, but it will be a step that one takes when maturing as a Christian. It is a very serious step as it symbolizes a death to a former way of life, into a new way of life dedicated to serving God. It is actually the most important step in a Christians life.

Reactions: CadyandZoe