A different take on signs and wonders.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I have given you ample scriptural support for my positions.

That's what started all this nonsense. I countered your assertions with Scriptures. You've argued that you see things others, like me, cannot, not being sufficiently spiritual to understand.

Humor me. Go back to the beginning.

Post the 1 or 2 Scriptures which you believe show what you assert, and let us together, with simplicity, look at them, and see if they say what you say they say.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reading things into my comments like superiority and looking down on you, when that is not in my heart, My hearts desire and burden is for all believers to walk in the Power of the Holy Ghost, and it is in the Spirit of encouragement that I have written and taken the time to comment with you.
Hey, I'm just pointing out the invalidity of your comments. I'm reflecting back to you what you've written. But you don't seem to believe that we actually CAN walk in the fulness of power in the Holy Spirit, but I don't believe that is true.

We can.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I'm just pointing out the invalidity of your comments. I'm reflecting back to you what you've written. But you don't seem to believe that we actually CAN walk in the fulness of power in the Holy Spirit, but I don't believe that is true.

I believe we as a church are NOT walking in the fulness of Christ, we are stuckin the middle thinking we are rich and need of nothing. That is my diagnosis, plain and simple of the church in general and believers in particular, and the divides we spoke of are an indication of this as Paul said in 1 Cor. 3:1-3, and Eph. 4:13-14

Blessings, off to work.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we as a church are NOT walking in the fulness of Christ, we are stuckin the middle thinking we are rich and need of nothing. That is my diagnosis, plain and simple of the church in general and believers in particular, and the divides we spoke of are an indication of this as Paul said in 1 Cor. 3:1-3, and Eph. 4:13-14

Blessings, off to work.

Enjoy!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings, off to work.
When was the church ever walking in the fulness of Christ ?

Most every epistle is correction, reproof , rebuke, dealing with sin/leaven and removing it, carnality, living in the flesh, false teachers, false doctrines, false christs, false gospels, legalism, falling from grace, all the warning passages etc........

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings, off to work.

When you say "we", do you mean yourself and others?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was the church ever walking in the fulness of Christ ?

@ Pentecost, when they were of One accord. Think about it, a group of fishermen tax collectors and common people turned the world upside down to the point of drawing the ire of roman emperors.
When you say "we", do you mean yourself and others?

We as in the body of Christ. This is part of my testimony and calling, How the LORD showed me that I, and all who alive in this "Amen" church age are in need of heeding the instructions in that letter. Everything in that letter applies to this particular church age and this includes fundamentalist and charismatic alike, Calvinist and Arianist, Baptist and Wesleyan, and whatever other divides there are out there. They are all ever learning and never arriving at the truth. This is the post modernist church. I Mean everything in that letter is the antidote for the ills of this church age, especially the descriptives Christ Uses for Himself. What he showed me was exactly the process by which these church ages have come to be, and how they ended and the new one began, the error each had to overcome, And how the Philadelphia church age which had no rebuke could not hold onto what it was given because textualism took hold, The Living word of God "died in the hands of its friends" as Tozer put it. No Revival without Reformation - A.W. Tozer - Sermon Index

Take the time to read that link it will take about 2-3 minutes, but the words therein will speak for years to come, as it is very Prophetic of the times we are living in now, and pertains to this discussion.

"We" cannot escape this link as we all are part of this final church age. I am just as much a member of it as you are and all who are faithful in Christ Jesus in this day and age. The Question then becomes are you or i living in denial and complacency which is the "sin" Of Laodicea, or are we willing to acknowledge who we are and our ills and seek those things we are in need of. Will we as believers open the door to Christ, which was closed by the Philadelphian church age by its textualism, and allow The fulness of Christ to come in and sup with us. He will not force himself on you he wants you to desire Him.... To Hunger and thirst for the Living water and the bread of heaven. Will "We" become overcomers?

Pray about this. Ask the LORD for guidance and teaching, ask Him to show you, and He will. Read that letter, And Pray Psalm 139:23-24, one of the most powerful prayers in all of scripture. Let God be the Pilot, and not just a copilot or worse a passenger, And then you will mount up on wings of Eagles.

Lord Jesus show the church How they can fly! Amen!
Jesus Is the Lord. (1 Cor. 12:3)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2 was a once upon a time occurrence which fulfilled prophecy. It will never happen again and soon after the church was not in one accord which the epistles bear out in my previous post.

hope this helps !!!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2 was a once upon a time occurrence which fulfilled prophecy. It will never happen again and soon after the church was not in one accord which the epistles bear out in my previous post.

Actually it does not help, because this is the attitude that has led to complacency of our day.... Words like "never" are indicative of this. I Prefer words like "God Can and will accomplish His will". What happened to the early church is that Nicolaitanism took over, and the Spirit waned. Laodicea in all the ills of its post modernism is the antidote to Nicolaitanism. As the Laity matures to the fulness of Christ those offices are diminished. When You understand this you will understand How Great our God's plans for us are.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Eph 4:10-13)

Notice this is all one sentence, and the five fold ministry is no more, because the Laity has come to fulness of Christ.
Laodicea literally means the "rights of the People" Nicolaitan means to "rule over the Laity" (People). The two concepts are directly tied together linguistically, As well as this being the church that "overcomes, as Christ Overcame"..... For too long, the Laodicean church has been maligned as the "least" of the churches in revelation, and measured by her flaws she is, But measured by the overcomers she is the greatest.

SO, Never is not a word the Bible teaches us to say, it is an excuse for complacency.... Hope this helps?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it does not help, because this is the attitude that has led to complacency of our day.... Words like "never" are indicative of this. I Prefer words like "God Can and will accomplish His will". What happened to the early church is that Nicolaitanism took over, and the Spirit waned. Laodicea in all the ills of its post modernism is the antidote to Nicolaitanism. As the Laity matures to the fulness of Christ those offices are diminished. When You understand this you will understand How Great our God's plans for us are.

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Eph 4:10-13)

Notice this is all one sentence, and the five fold ministry is no more, because the Laity has come to fulness of Christ.
Laodicea literally means the "rights of the People" Nicolaitan means to "rule over the Laity" (People). The two concepts are directly tied together linguistically, As well as this being the church that "overcomes, as Christ Overcame"..... For too long, the Laodicean church has been maligned as the "least" of the churches in revelation, and measured by her flaws she is, But measured by the overcomers she is the greatest.

SO, Never is not a word the Bible teaches us to say, it is an excuse for complacency.... Hope this helps?
notice your SIGN GIFTS are absent. Thanks for the Ephesians passage and purpose of the church and its ministry.