A polite question for pretribbers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learning the meanings of the words has been working well for me in forming a harmonious understanding of Scripture.

That's all I can say.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The resurrected bodies are either judged to be righteous or unrighteous.
I think there’s more to it than we’ve been taught.

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those in the Body of Christ DO NOT face judgment. That is what the Lord did for us. That is our salvation. saved from judgment!!!!!!
We have been saved from death. As for judgement, we will all be judged by what we did in the body. And to whoever is given more, more will be required. To whoever is given less, less will be required.

In a great house there are both vessels of honor AND dishonor. There’s a porcelain tureen/vessel to put soup in and there’s also a big porcelain vessel in the bathroom that you don’t keep on display in the China cabinet with the good dishes/vessels…

Religion paints itself into a corner where it ends up saying - I have been given more than that fellow over there so less will be required of me.
As my friend says, religion gets it exactly backwards.

Whoever is given more, whoever more has been entrusted to, they are judged harder and more is required of.

Does anyone have the eyes to see that religion has hoodwinked us?
Hoodwink - deceive, trick, blindfold, close the eyes.

Last edited:

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have been saved from death. As for judgement, we will all be judged by what we did in the body. And to whoever is given more, more will be required. To whoever is given less, less will be required.

In a great house there are both vessels of honor AND dishonor. There’s a porcelain tureen/vessel to put soup in and there’s also a big porcelain vessel in the bathroom that you don’t keep on display in the China cabinet with the good dishes/vessels…

Religion paints itself into a corner where it ends up saying - I have been given more than that fellow over there so less will be required of me.
As my friend says, religion gets it exactly backwards.

Whoever is given more, whoever more has been entrusted to, they are judged harder and more is required of.

Does anyone have the eyes to see that religion has hoodwinked us?
Hoodwink - deceive, trick, blindfold, close the eyes.
Hi stunnedby grace,

I think you are talking about what Jesus told the people of Israel who were under the law. That is why there is judgment for them. Remember that Jesus paid the price in full, therefore no judgment. We will receive rewards for working by the Holy Spirit and not doing things in our own strength.

And you are right about religion, as in man`s ideas, nothing there of value.

Marilyn.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi stunnedby grace,

I think you are talking about what Jesus told the people of Israel who were under the law. That is why there is judgment for them. Remember that Jesus paid the price in full, therefore no judgment. We will receive rewards for working by the Holy Spirit and not doing things in our own strength.

And you are right about religion, as in man`s ideas, nothing there of value.

Marilyn.
2 Timothy 2:21.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be pre tribulation, but not anymore.
Yeah, me too. But honestly, my views are more like….what I suspect based on what I’ve read rather than a certainty that would vociferously argue and insist I am right.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello stunnedbygrace,

You said "Yeah, me too. But honestly, my views are more like….what I suspect based on what I’ve read rather than a certainty that would vociferously argue and insist I am right".

What the Holy Spirit has told and world events in the last 10 yrs and now in the last 5 yrs has convinced me, we are in the Tribulation.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s an exact example of what I was saying, what religion gets exactly backwards - more was given to me than to them therefore less will be required from me than from them.
You have it backwards.

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That’s an exact example of what I was saying, what religion gets exactly backwards - more was given to me than to them therefore less will be required from me than from them.
You have it backwards.

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
That saying was said to the people of Israel under law. So, are you saying that is religion?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello stunnedbygrace,

You said "Yeah, me too. But honestly, my views are more like….what I suspect based on what I’ve read rather than a certainty that would vociferously argue and insist I am right".

What the Holy Spirit has told and world events in the last 10 yrs and now in the last 5 yrs has convinced me, we are in the Tribulation.
Well…I can’t say if you’re right or wrong. I never know if I’m seeing shadows or the complete fulfillment beginning.
It seems it’s gone so crazy lately that I’m almost close to agreeing with you.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You make no sense to me. If I go by your reasoning, nothing Jesus SAID is for me or addressed to me…
OK. All of God`s word is for us to read and learn from, however not all of it is written to us personally. Some is for individuals, some for groups, some for nations.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I don’t understand this kind of meandering to try to prove that “to whoever more is given, more is required” does not apply to me.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello stunnedbygrace,

This is walk in the park compared to what it will be like when those seals are opened. You are just getting a tiny little puff of wind compared to what's coming.

Reactions: marks and Marilyn C