A prayer to stop the mouths of lions:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prayer to stop the mouths of lions. I have prayed this prayer and until yesterday, I hadn't considered the mouth of the lion that God would stop, would be mine.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about,
seeking whom he may devour:

This is not us. We no longer walk about seeking whom we can devour. The way of the world is to devour another for selfish gain or profit or self-exhalation. The flesh wants to be validated and justified when we are right. Luke 20: 46- 47 "Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; 47 Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation."

Jesus was scourged, mocked, humiliated and then crucified. He had all the artillery needed at His disposal to completely humiliate and level His enemies with evidence of their crude errors. He had everything at His disposal to destroy and devour. When Jesus could have sought justification before men in telling them they were liars, thieves, blind murderers ... Instead, the Lord was silent. Instead, on the way to the cross He refused the crying out of His flesh, and said not a word.

Acts 8:32
“The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:”​

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear, what a revelation!

I’ve tried to produce the words to explain what I’ve seen God do the past week, but it becomes to wordy. I will keep it simple. As we are to become the image of the Son, also;

the son of perdition roars (as) a lion through men.

Ten years has been building to this past week and I knew God was about to move as He said He would. Going into a battle with lions that roar and devour, I prayed “God you have put the artillery there to crush them.” And also for Him to “stop the mouths of lions.”

What I saw was everything in place to do it the worlds way...and a big fight would ensue. But as I said, God stopped my mouth and took the roar out of it. I don’t know how God did it, but He locked it down and saved me from myself. God’s way is different than the worlds. We don’t roar or devour. We don’t have to, God’s way is better. Then the enemy is well aware and sees; God’s children could very easily devour like the world(having the tools to do so), but choose not to; Like their Father.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietthinker

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

"... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

Always there is the right time and it is always God's time rather than our own. So then when you saw the need to close your mouth you were hearing from God. When you see the need to speak that is also hearing from God. There are some here and some in the churches in our neighborhoods who miss this because they are not able to distinguish between what God is saying and what a stranger is saying. It ought not to be so but too often it is...

"But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:2-5