A question about the knowledge of Satan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
It would seem that I am not meant to sleep until some things are clarified for me!! It is now 7:46am and I have not been to bed yet!The Lord has already answered one of my questions in rather humbling fashion (a question about the meaning of Christmas). There is one thing still keeping me awake though....Earlier, I was discussing a matter about the knowledge Satan has with a Christian friend I have met through this forum. The question is whether Satan has all the knowledge of God. Now, perhaps I am again wrong in this matter but it seems to me based on my limited study and understanding of scripture that Satan could not hold all the knowledge of God and I held steadfastly to that point of view over the course of a two hour discussion!As has already been made clear to me, I was very wrong about the meaning of Christmas so I put this question forth knowing I could very well be mistaken on this point too.I believe that Satan could not possibly hold all the knowledge of God. It is my belief based on my understanding of scripture that Satan's downfall was his pride and that he thought (thinks?) he is above God. We all know he is not above God and most of us would agree that he is not the equal of God but is it possible that he holds the same knowledge as God or is that the equivalent of placing him as an equal to God?God bless and Merry Christmas
smile.gif

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
On a lighter note, I will sleep well and never meant my post to insinuate that I am going to wait up until I get an answer!!! lol
biggrin.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I have no idea what time it is for you now as its 1:44 in the afternoon for me
smile.gif
but to answer your question Satan was created as Lucifer the Hebrew says he was made the Full Pattern meaning he was the most beautiful knowledgeable Angel ever created.. there in lays our answer he was created by God as all Angels therefore he does not have the knowledge of God being the most knowledgeable Angel does not make one Equal with the creator ... Angels fell God can never fall Lucifer became full of pride and was so impressed with himself he thought he should be god. However the fact he was filled with pride again proves he is not as wise and knowledgeable as God ... In essence a knowledgeable Angel can never know all that God does nor be God All Satan has is a great knowledge of the Word knows how to twist it And knows his time is short he can not win so all that's left is to win as many souls as possible away from God ... So we are to put on spiritual armour as God has given us power over Satan if we have the seal of God in our minds and heart .

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
Thank you so much for confirming my own belief Christina. I must admit, I felt rather 'simple and unlearned' for asking this!! Then again, I AM brand new in my walk with the Holy Spirit in my heart so I guess some of my questions will be rather milk like.... I am keen to get into the 'meat' too though
biggrin.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
we all started in the same place Aus no question is to milky just like babes we have to all mature at own rate ask away if its something you dont want to ask in public just drop me a PM anytime

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;66436)
Well I have no idea what time it is for you now as its 1:44 in the afternoon for me
smile.gif
but to answer your question Satan was created as Lucifer the Hebrew says he was made the Full Pattern meaning he was the most beautiful knowledgeable Angel ever created.. there in lays our answer he was created by God as all Angels therefore he does not have the knowledge of God being the most knowledgeable Angel does not make one Equal with the creator ... Angels fell God can never fall Lucifer became full of pride and was so impressed with himself he thought he should be god. However the fact he was filled with pride again proves he is not as wise and knowledgeable as God ... In essence a knowledgeable Angel can never know all that God does nor be God All Satan has is a great knowledge of the Word knows how to twist it And knows his time is short he can not win so all that's left is to win as many souls as possible away from God ... So we are to put on spiritual armour as God has given us power over Satan if we have the seal of God in our minds and heart .
Christina, I was that person talking to Dannii. I am also happy that I partly stand corrected. Thanks for correcting me Christina. But one thing I will never forget is Satan / Lucifer / Lucy (My name for him) being a great copycat of God. I say this because he is going to mimicking Christ's Second Coming.

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
Thank you again Christina. It is a joy to have found CB. All I seek is to be a shining lamp on a lamp stand for the glorification of our Lord and His message of salvation. I want to be a clear window so people may see the glory of Christ through my actions.Jordan, it looks like God has humbled us both today!! May we praise Him for furthering our growth and faith in Him.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes Jordan he will try to copy the Christ when he is here as Antichrist, but coping one does not mean he has the knowledge of the one he copies .. the coping is to fool mankind into following him ... As biblically lacking as most of mankind is he wont have to be to smart ... Just know how to twist Gods word and do a few miracles

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Here God is speaking to LuciferIsa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! how have you fallen he asks you were the morning star (son) you are now cut down even though you weakened my nataions (people) Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: you said in your heart I will be like God and put my throne above Gods Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. You lucifer said I will be like God (the most High) Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. I God say you will brought down to hell into the pit

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Satan has many names God uses names to depict certain aspects of a chacters personality for example Christ is called the Lamb of God, The begotton Son, Savior, King of Kings, and many more each dipicting a differnt aspect of his nature. so it is with Satan he is the Devil, the dragon, the man of sin the son of perdition. the serpent, lucifer, the accuser, and many more Here he is being kicked to earth this the End of the 5th trump issing in the 6th trump the 6th trump is the time of Jocobs trouble or the tribulation period Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Here is a list of thirty-three names and references to Satan/Lucifer/Devil in the Bible:(this is not nessarily a complete list) Abaddon - Revelation 9:11 "And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon."Accuser of the brethren - Revelation 12:10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. "Adversary (one who stands against) - 1Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: "Angel of the bottomless pit - Revelation 9:11 "And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon."Angel of light - 2Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. " Antichrist - 1John 4:3 " And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. "Apollyon - (Greek Apolluwn, or Destroyer) - Revelation 9:11 " And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon."Beelzebub - Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:22; Luke 11:15 " But when the Pharisees heard [it], they said, This [fellow] doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. " (Matthew 12:24) " And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. " (Mark 3:22)" But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils. " (Luke 11:15)Belial - 2Corinthians 6:15 " And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? "Devil - Matthew 4:1; Luke 4:2,6; Revelation 20:2 " Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. " (Matthew 4:1) " Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. . . . And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. " (Luke 4:2,6)" And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, " (Revelation 20:2)Dragon - Revelation 12:7 " And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, "Enemy - Matthew 13:39 " The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. "Evil spirit - 1Samuel 16:14 " But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. "Father (father) of all liars - John 8:44 " Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. "God (god) of this world - 2Corinthians 4:4 " In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. "Great red dragon - Revelation 12:3 " And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. "Lucifer - Isaiah 14:12 " How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! "Man of sin - 2Thessalonians 2:3 " Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; "Murderer - John 8:44 " Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."Old serpent - Revelation 12:9, 20:2 " And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. " (Revelation 12:9) " And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, " (Revelation 20:2)Power of darkness - Colossians 1:13 " Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son: "Power of death - Hebrews 2:14 " Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; "Prince of this world - John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11 " Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out." (John 12:31) " Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. " (John 14:30)" Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. " (John 16:11)Prince of the power of the air - Ephesians 2:2 " Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: "Roaring lion - 1Peter 5:8 " Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: "Ruler of darkness - Ephesians 6:12 " For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. "Satan - 1Chronicles 21:1; Job 1:6; John 13:27; Acts 5:3, 26:18; Romans 16:20; Revelation 20:2 " And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. " (1Chronicles 21:1) " Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. " (Job 1:6)" And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly. " (John 13:27)" But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land? " (Acts 5:3)" To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. " (Acts 26:18)" And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen. " (Romans 16:20)" And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, " (Revelation 20:2)Serpent - Genesis 3:4, 14; 2Corinthians 11:3; Revelation 20:2 " And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: . . . And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: " (Genesis 3:4, 14) " But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. " (2Corinthians 11:3)" And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, " (Revelation 20:2)Son of perdition - John 17:12, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-2:4 " While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. "Tempter - Matthew 4:3; 1Thessalonians 3:5 " And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. " (Matthew 4:3) " For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain. " (1Thessalonians 3:5)Thief - John 10:10 " The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly. "Wicked one - Matthew 13:19, 38 "When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth [it] not, then cometh the wicked [one], and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. . . . The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one]; "2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. __________________A link to the story of Satan Lucifer aka King/prince of tyre http://www.christianityboard.com/prince-ki...yrus-t6136.html

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Job shows us that Satan needs God’s permission to act. If God chooses to use a devil to scourge his children, we must understand that the devil has no ability to do more than what God allows or mandates. The devil’s will is not above God’s sovereignty any more than man’s will is.The book of Job shows us that Satan is subject to the sovereignty of God as much as man is. God is pictured as bragging to Satan about Job. Satan counters that Job was a follower of God only because God had been so good to him. You see, it is easy to believe in God (Jesus Christ) when everything is going well. But what about when things go wrong? Satan thought that Job would then curse God. In Job 1:12 we read,12 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of the Lord.We read then how the Sabeans attacked Job’s servants, killing them. The clear implication is that Satan had influenced the will of the Sabeans to do this, because God had allowed it. And, of course, the law principle is that if a person allows or gives permission to another person to do such things, he himself is liable as an accessory to the deed (Ex. 22:5; James 4:17). Hence, the story is written in such a way as to show that God holds himself liable for this supposedly “evil” thing.The final lesson that Job—and all of us—had to learn was that we ought not to be so full of pride that we think we can tell God how to run the universe. When we blame God for doing (or “allowing”) bad things to happen to us, we show that we do not really have total faith in God’s love and justice. Like Job, we normally do not know the extent of this unbelief within our hearts until we are put under stress. It is easy to say, “I believe in a God of love.” It is harder to do so when God removes His hand of protection from us and allows Satan to test that belief.Logabe

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
If we continually blame men for all the wickedness in the world, or if we blame the devil, or both, we will never really understand God or His plan. Certainly, all men will be held accountable on their own level, and that is why there is a judgment at the Great White Throne at the end of time. But God also holds Himself accountable on the highest level, and for this reason He has bound Himself by oath to fill the whole earth with His glory (Num. 14:21).God could have created a world without the possibility of sin, and He did not have to create Satan with the ability to go against His will. But He did. He created His own adversary. But He did not give His adversary power equal to His own. There is no God beside Him (Isaiah 45:5). All other “gods” are subordinate to His sovereignty, including Satan and man himself. A “god” by Hebrew definition is a subjector, that is, one who has authority over another. This is why even the Hebrew judges were called “gods” (Exodus 22:28). It is because they were men who exercised authority over others.He has bound Himself by oath to rectify all things and fill all things by His Spirit. This does not mean that God is the only responsible party in the world. He is ultimately responsible, but not the only one responsible. He is responsible because He is sovereign and could have prevented anything that He wanted to prevent. But man is also responsible because he has been given some authority. All judgment for sin is based upon the level of authority that each man has been given, as it is written in Luke 12:47, 48,47 And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, shall receive many lashes, 48 but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.It is vital that we recognize the link between authority and accountability, which always go in equal measure in the divine court. Only because he has a will can man be judged lawfully in the divine court. But the judgment must be tempered by the fact that God is sovereign and could have prevented him from sinning either by creating man in a perpetually perfect state or by giving him eyes to see and ears to hear.Man does not possess sovereignty, and therefore, he does not have the authority (“free will”) to sell himself to the devil perpetually. Man cannot be lost forever, because he did not create himself and therefore does not own himself. God owns him and is therefore ultimately responsible for him. Nonetheless, by man’s authority, he can postpone his salvation, missing the first and even the second resurrection (Rev. 20:4-6, 12).To postpone one’s salvation simply means that he will be judged in the “lake of fire” until he is set free by the creation jubilee at the end of all things. God’s law of Jubilee sets limits on man’s ability to put himself into debt, or bondage to sin.Logabe

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Though a little of this statement may be true to a point the following statement IS A LIE IS NOT BIBLICAL IT IN FACT IS THE OPPISITE OF GODS WORDS: (quote) Man does not possess sovereignty, and therefore, he does not have the authority (“free will”) to sell himself to the devil perpetually. Man cannot be lost forever, because he did not create himself and therefore does not own himself. God owns him and is therefore ultimately responsible for him. Nonetheless, by man’s authority, he can postpone his salvation, missing the first and even the second resurrection (Rev. 20:4-6, 12).To postpone one’s salvation simply means that he will be judged in the “lake of fire” until he is set free by the creation jubilee at the end of all things. God’s law of Jubilee sets limits on man’s ability to put himself into debt, or bondage to sin.Logabe (quote)please stop posting your church doctrine if you whant to discuss scripture againt scipture fine but we do not allow a church doctrine to be copy and pasted i have been leant with you on this but you try my patience.We absoulty have free will ....many will believe a lie that Antichrist is Christ... A great delusion will be upon the earth only those who overcome will be of the first resurection

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
(Christina;66515)
Though a little of this statement may be true to a point the following statement IS A LIE IS NOT BIBLICAL IT IN FACT IS THE OPPISITE OF GODS WORDS: ....(quoted text)....please stop posting your church doctrine if you whant to discuss scripture againt scipture fine but we do not allow a church doctrine to be copy and pasted i have been leant with you on this but you try my patience.We absoulty have free will ....many will believe a lie that Antichrist is Christ... A great delusion will be upon the earth only those who overcome will be of the first resurection
Once again Christina, I completely agree with you.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
There you go again Krissie. So what you are telling me is...when God allowed the creation to fall, you were by God's side. What did you tell Him?You looked down upon the fallen state of creation and saidto God...I will go down there and straighten up Logabe'stheology because you had a "FREE WILL" and could chooseto do anything you wanted to.I don't think so...you're telling me you came down here in this confusion with your ALMIGHTY FREE WILL. That was the first mistake you made...if I had a FREE WILL, I would tell GodI'm gonna just stay put until the dust settles down there. But...I didn't have a "FREE WILL" in that matter and I don't think anybody else did. Here's some scripture to meditate upon,[Rom. 8:20]For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,Paul must be mistaken, surely God didn't step on man's "FREE WILL"."Not willingly"...sounds like we didn't have a FREE WILL in that matter.I'm like AusDisciples...I need you to explain what Paul was talking about.Another scripture [Rom. 9:16] says,So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.Surely Paul was copying and pasting that scripture from some churchhe attended. He just stepped on my "FREE WILL" once again. Do youreckon he goes to Logabe's church?Okay Krissie, you want scripture against scripture, let's take it slow soeverybody can "choose" which theology makes sense to them. Answer the two scriptures I just gave you and we will begin the debate. I'm verycurious as to what your conclusion of these scriptures are. Logabe

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
Logabe, with all due respect, and correct me if I misinterpret you, but there's a major difference between free will and free of judgement. We all have free will but we will be held eternally accountable for our choices.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(logabe;66546)
There you go again Krissie. So what you are telling me is...when God allowed the creation to fall, you were by God's side. What did you tell Him?You looked down upon the fallen state of creation and saidto God...I will go down there and straighten up Logabe'stheology because you had a "FREE WILL" and could chooseto do anything you wanted to.I don't think so...you're telling me you came down here in this confusion with your ALMIGHTY FREE WILL. That was the first mistake you made...if I had a FREE WILL, I would tell GodI'm gonna just stay put until the dust settles down there. But...I didn't have a "FREE WILL" in that matter and I don't think anybody else did. Here's some scripture to meditate upon,[Rom. 8:20]For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,Paul must be mistaken, surely God didn't step on man's "FREE WILL"."Not willingly"...sounds like we didn't have a FREE WILL in that matter.I'm like AusDisciples...I need you to explain what Paul was talking about.Another scripture [Rom. 9:16] says,So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.Surely Paul was copying and pasting that scripture from some churchhe attended. He just stepped on my "FREE WILL" once again. Do youreckon he goes to Logabe's church?Okay Krissie, you want scripture against scripture, let's take it slow soeverybody can "choose" which theology makes sense to them. Answer the two scriptures I just gave you and we will begin the debate. I'm verycurious as to what your conclusion of these scriptures are. Logabe
There you go again Logabe teaching your mans doctrine over Gods Word you were wrong that last time we had this discussion and your wrong this time but as you always do my friend you cant argue scripture with me you hide behind one scripture out of context give me a 100 words of men trying to explain your theroy of men and just ignore the scripture that disproves your mens ideas ... Stop hiding behind your copy and paste church doctrine and lets discuss Gods Word not your religions opinion of what Gods Word says By the way Merry Christmas Logabe
smile.gif

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Okay, for whatever reason...you didn't answer them two scriptures. Krissie, I'm not going to put you on the spot.Let's just go to some more scriptures.Ex. 7:2-5 says,2 You shall speak all that I command you, and your brother Aaron shall speak to Pharaoh that he let the sons of Israel go out of his land. 3 But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart that I may multiply My signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt. 4 When Pharaoh will not listen to you, then I will lay My hand on Egypt, and bring out My hosts, My people the sons of Israel, from the land of Egypt by great judgments. 5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and bring out the sons of Israel from their midst.Here God lays out the plan before Moses, so that he would know ahead of time what God intended to do. There is no indication by the wording that God merely “knew” ahead of time what Pharaoh would do, and that God was merely taking that into account. The statement, “But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart,” leaves no room for leaving God out of the equation. And so, when Moses and Aaron had their little contest with Pharaoh’s magicians, Pharaoh hardened his heart, as we read in Exodus 7:13, 14,13 Yet Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he did not listen to them, as the Lord had said. 14 Then the Lord said to Moses, Pharaoh’s heart is stubborn; he refuses to let the people go.The phrase, “Pharaoh’s heart was hardened” says nothing about the cause or origin of the problem, but we are simply referred back to the Lord’s revealed plan by the qualifier,“as the Lord had said.” In other words, we are being told that Pharaoh’s heart was hardened because God had hardened it by His own sovereignty. After the plague of frogs had come and gone, we read of Pharaoh’s reaction in Exodus 8:15,15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and did not listen to them, as the Lord had said.In the next plagues, the wording in the Bible alternates. In the first few plagues it appears that Pharaoh hardened his own heart, but once again, we are led to believe that Pharaoh’s will was only a reaction to God’s work in hardening his heart. This is consistent with Proverbs 21:1, which says,1 The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes.Hence, Pharaoh’s heart was in the Lord’s hands to do as He wished. Pharaoh did not realize this, of course, because he did not know God. But Pharaoh’s knowledge of God had nothing to do with it. In the later plagues it says bluntly that God hardened his heart. After the sixth plague (boils), we read in Exodus 9:12,12 And the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not listen to them, just as the Lord had spoken to Moses.After the seventh plague (hail), Pharaoh tried to repent. Exodus 9:27, 28 says,27 Then Pharaoh sent for Moses and Aaron, and said to them, I have sinned this time; the Lord is the righteous one, and I and my people are the wicked ones. 28 Make supplication to the Lord, for there has been enough of God’s thunder and hail; and I will let you go, and you shall stay no longer. "Poor Pharaoh, if anyone shouldhave a "FREE WILL" surely it should be the KING of Egypt. So Moses prayed for the hail and thunder to cease. When it did, Pharaoh’s heart was hardened again. This time the account is most interesting. Exodus 9:34, 35 and 10:1,34 But when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunder had ceased, he sinned again and hardened his heart, he and his servants. 35 And Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he did not let the sons of Israel go,just as the Lord had spoken through Moses. 1 Then the Lord said to Moses, Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may perform these signs of Mine among them. Nowthat's what we call in Louisiana "CUT and DRY.This tells us when the Word states that Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, or that Pharaoh hardened his heart, it does not negate the fact that God did it. In fact, God took credit for hardening Pharaoh’s heart—and Pharaoh’s response was to harden his own heart. Pharaoh did not know what was happening. He thought he was hardening his own heart by the exercise of his own “FREE WILL.” But Moses and Aaron knew the plan of God, so they knew who was doing this to Pharaoh behind the scenes. Hence, Pharaoh did it on his own level, but God did it on a higher level. Each is therefore responsible in his own way and on his own level.In fact, this lays down an important principle of divine judgment. God’s purpose for hardening Pharaoh’s heart is stated in Exodus 7:5,5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch out My hand on Egypt and bring out the sons of Israel from their midst.Does this not foreshadow a greater judgment to come at the Great White Throne? God’s purpose of judgment is not to destroy them, but that they might know that He is the true God! That couldn't have been accomplished.without God hardening Pharaoh's heart.More scripture,Rom. 9:19 says,19 You will say to me then, Why does He still find fault? For who resists His WILL [Greek: boulema, “plan, or higher intention”]?In other words, how can God hold Pharaoh accountable for refusing to allow Israel to leave Egypt, since God took credit for hardening Pharaoh’s heart? After all, who can resist God’s boulema? Certainly not Pharaoh. Thus, this seems to create a problem of divine justice. In reality, it is only a problem if God does not set Pharaoh free in the end. If God were to hold Pharaoh fully accountable for resisting God, with no end of judgment in sight, then yes, God would have done Pharaoh an injustice. But this is not the case.When God told Pharaoh through Moses, “Let My people go,” He was defining His will. Pharaoh was able to resist God’s will. But when God hardened Pharaoh’s heart so that he would NOT let Israel go (for a while), Pharaoh was unable to resist God’s PLAN. God’s plan called for Pharaoh to resist the will of God until the tenth plague had come upon Egypt’s firstborn.I gave you some things to meditate upon and I hope you takefull advantage of this opportunity. Give me your idea of what the scriptures are saying so we can compare.By the way, Thank You Very Much. Merry Christmas to youKrissie.Love Ya,Logabe

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And therein lies the entire problem with following after doctrines of men that run away after a single verse, or as in this case, a single instance. "God hardened the Pharoah's heart, so he must always harden/unharden everyone else's heart..." Is the rationalization used for this load of bull. It won't hold when Scripture speaks:II Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
If he is willing the all should not perish, why then are we plainly told some will? Does God just not like some poor hapless folks, so his hardens them and dooms them to the lake of fire? That's not the loving God I see in both the New and the Old Testament.John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Just as your above example neglects to mention, the choice was already made by Pharaoh. The Hebrew word there is qashah which also means to be severe in the sense of it being worse than it already is:http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexico...ngs=H7185&t=KJV