A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've dealt with people with the same bad attitude as you for decades...and I know very well that these kind of people have a mental issue that they can't control: they believe that by being rude they get any real benefit. Over time, many of these people with that bad energy have dedicated themselves to spreading their bad attitude to society through the internet.

Unfortunately, many of them have become influencers of the masses, bringing out the worst in people to try to dehumanize them. Although many of them pretend to be Christians, the truth is that they are only puppets of atheists, who indoctrinate them and use them to discredit true Christianity and the name of Jesus and his Father.

So NO, don't think that the type of character you play can surprise anyone... it is already something old, and so old, that it will soon pass away, because God is not going to allow that impudence to continue ruining humanity and bringing disgrace to his name and his true worshipers.

Nevertheless, I wish that God bless you with his great goodness and show you the right way, so that you do not get lost for good.
JW's MUST resort to personal ATTACKS / LIES because all English Bibles condemn JW's including the NWT.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And still, we wish you the best in your way to find the truth to be saved at the moment that Jesus will judge every person on earth. :)

Matt. 25:37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides your eternal future, all those hateful messages that you are transmitting to others affect your heart, your liver ... and your health in general. Be good to yourself ;).

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides your eternal future, all those hateful messages that you are transmitting to others affect your heart, your liver ... and your health in general. Be good to yourself ;).
If I hated JW's I wouldn't be trying to pull JW's out of the fire. JW's are the one's hating Bible believers. But you love playing the victim, just like Liberals.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask yourself is Jesus is with you or with JWs. ;)

Matt. 7:15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask yourself is Jesus is with you or with JWs. ;)

Matt. 7:15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.
I'd rather ask JW's why they reject their own NWT bible that says Jesus is God. They avoid it like plague.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The basic reason is to not confuse forms with inherent nature. Angels are heavenly beings, which don’t have bodies.
Actually angels are creatures who have spirit bodies in order to dwell in the spirit realm with the Great Spirit, Yahweh, their Creator. Via agency, they were fashioned by the son who was used in the creation of ALL things. (Col 1:15-17) They could materialise at will so as to interact with humans who were forbidden to communicate with spirits. (Deut 18:9-12)

It was rebellious “sons of God” who materialised in Noah’s day and cohabited with human women and actually produced children.....”the Nephilim” (literally “fellers of men”) They were gigantic in size and violent and licentious in nature, taking any woman they wanted by force. This is what resulted in God regretting that the world of mankind at that time had been brought to a level of wickedness that could interfere with his purpose in allowing the devil to rule mankind, so he told Noah, (the only righteous man in existence) what he intended to do about the situation, taking the long term view of how the process of his salvation would work out for him and his family, and how his actions would identify the circumstances that would be evident before the final end of Satan’s rulership....and the coming of the conquering King who gave his human life for them. (Matt 24:37-39)
Jesus is a man. Man has a physical body.
Yes, Jesus said he had come down from heaven, but he was given a human body so that his sacrifice would cancel Adam’s debt. That body was accepted by Yahweh and it was taken away by him. No trace could be left because God was aware of fallen man’s propensity to gather relics to worship. (as seen in Roman Catholicism) Imagine what would have become of his bones, as we see what happened to the shroud of Turin and other so called relics. Jesus was not buried in a shroud.
Another level of this inherent nature is what it means to be resurrected. ‘Re’ is your clue that it is something that is again.
A resurrection is a return to life, after time spent in the common grave, sheol/hades. (Eccl 9:5,10; John 11:11) Even Jesus spent three days and nights in sheol.
Since the Bible does not teach immortality of the soul, all the dead “sleep” peacefully until the time when Christ brings them back to life. It was God who resurrected Jesus, bringing him back to the spirit life he had before.

The fact that there are two resurrections, means that there is a “first resurrection” for God’s elect, who are transformed into spirit beings in order to dwell in the presence of God (Rev 20:6) and there is a later ‘general’ resurrection of all those in sheol/hades. (John 5:28-29) Both the righteous and the unrighteousness will come back at that time....the righteous to life, and the unrighteous to a period of judgment. The majority will be those who never had an opportunity to know God or his son.....they will get that opportunity. A thousand years to show God if they are worthy of life.
Jesus spoke against ghosts.
The fact is that there are no such things as “ghosts”. Demons are wicked spirits and these are the spirit creatures whom God has allowed to exist, only to show how defective satan’s rulership would be.
We have all been a part of the greatest object lesson mankind will ever be subjected to......showing the utter failure of the devil as a ruler, and to show the superiority of our Creator’s purpose in putting mankind on planet Earth in the first place. He will show us why free will was not a mistake.....it was a precious gift that when abused, became a curse. We had to learn by experience, how to drive it to benefit others, not just ourselves. These lessons will follow us into the new world of God’s making, ruled by those who have lived human lives....including our King.
So, where does that leave us.
We are now on the brink of entering our “Promised Land”......a cleansed earth and a new start, without the influence of Satan and his demons. These will be locked away in a place from which they cannot escape, whilst God brings the rulership of his kingdom to this earth......it’s the rulership we should have had from the beginning, but never got to experience. This earth was not designed as a training ground for heaven, but a place for material creatures to enjoy paradise conditions, and to have as an everlasting home in peace and happiness. Satan’s rule has given us the complete opposite.

There is a reason why humans have a strong desire to live in paradise......it is programmed into us to live forever in beautiful surrounding, in freedom and peace, taking care of the planet, it’s creatures....and each other.
“Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”......that is what Jesus taught us to pray for.....this is what the coming of God’s kingdom will mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've been seeing some posts that put an emphasis on the lack of an article,

1694716340770.png

They say, this should be considered indefinite, "a god", because there isn't an article, the God.
Please read that again.....John 1:1 as quoted there, reinforces the fact that the Word was “with THE God” (pros ton theon) and the Word was just “theos”....”a god”.

Are you blind? Or is this just selective reading? There are no capital letters in Greek.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you blind? Or is this just selective reading?
Again, I'm not going to be engaging in conversation with you. I've had enough of this junk to last a lifetime! It's not what I'm here for, so, no thank you!

And even still, you snipped the part of my post, and ignored the rest, which addresses the very thing you are talking about. Several places that show the same lack of an article, yet no one seems to think the same of those.

So this isn't really a fair reply to my post, it's more like, well, never mind, are you starting to get what I'm saying? And you ask me if I'm blind and selective. Go figure!

Wisdom is justified by her children.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I'm not going to be engaging in conversation with you. I've had enough of this junk to last a lifetime! It's not what I'm here for, so, no thank you!

Much love!
Interesting combinations of words. :Laughingoutloud:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting combinations of words.
Yeah, I kind of went back and forth whether to post that. I decided it served as such a good example of what I was talking about, I went ahead with it. There's kind of a public service element here also. And it served as another opportunity to post a bit of info that is being generally ignored, for some reason. I wonder what that reason could be?

Much love!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read that again.....John 1:1 as quoted there, reinforces the fact that the Word was “with THE God” (pros ton theon) and the Word was just “theos”....”a god”.

Are you blind? Or is this just selective reading? There are no capital letters in Greek.
Only God is called "Mighty God" in the Bible. NOBODY else!

"a Child is born"
"a Son"
"Mighty God"

Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And even still, you snipped the part of my post, and ignored the rest, which addresses the very thing you are talking about. Several places that show the same lack of an article, yet no one seems to think the same of those.

So this isn't really a fair reply to my post, it's more like, well, never mind, are you starting to get what I'm saying? And you ask me if I'm blind and selective. Go figure!
In all fairness then let’s address the whole post....
They say, this should be considered indefinite, "a god", because there isn't an article, the God.

1694716590406.png

There came a man sent from a god . . . ?
This is talking about John the Baptist, is it not? A man sent from God or Jesus? Since Mary and John’s mother were pregnant at the same time, does it make sense that John would be sent by Jesus?
Could that scripture be speaking about anyone other than the Father who caused the miraculous birth of both children? Was the definite article needed to identify the true God in that verse? Context is what we need to concentrate on...not just rules of grammar.
1694716706740.png

Become children of a god . . . ?
Context again determines the translation.
In context it says...
John 1:10-14....
“He was in the world, and the world came into existence through him, but the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own home, but his own people did not accept him. 12 However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name. 13 And they were born, not from blood or from a fleshly will or from man’s will, but from God.
14 So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth.”

1694716836659.png

begotten out of a god . . . ?
Who is this speaking about so that we need to identify who is the true God in these verses? If Jesus is “begotten” then he is not God. In order to be “begotten”, one needs a ‘begetter’ who existed before them.

Since John 1:1 does NOT tell us that Jesus is Almighty God but has divine authority, making him “a god-like one”.....verse 14 states that the Word, who was “WITH ho theos”, became flesh....NOT that “ho theos” became flesh”. Only when there is a need to differentiate between Yahweh and his Christ is there a need for the definite article......most clearly demonstrated in John 10:31-36.
1694716918774.png

No one has seen a god at any time . . . ?
No one has seen God at any time.....yet how many saw Jesus? If Jesus was Almighty God, then thousands saw him. Context again makes it clear who is being spoken about. Why does Yahweh need a son to tell people who he is and what his purpose is? Before Jesus, it was God’s prophets who spoke to the people on his behalf.
People need to understand that the Koine Greek article is not like the English article, and does not follow the same rules.
The rules don’t always apply as context indicates. If you take verses out of context you lose their meaning.
Only when there is a need to differentiate, is the definite article used as we see in 2 Cor 4:3-4....satan is called “ho theos” but it’s not that he is Yahweh, but “THE god of this world”.......he is the only self made “god” who challenged Yahweh’s Sovereignty in the beginning. Satan was also a son of God.

What is the big picture for you all who believe that Jesus had to be God Almighty to redeem mankind? All he needed to be was sinless. He also couldn’t be an immortal, because immortals cannot die.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 44:6 KJV
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

I think it's safe to say, while Paul wrote, there are gods many and lords many, he was not intending to contradict Isaiah's declaration from God, that He is in fact the only God, and beside Him there is none other.

And therefore this "lords many and gods many" is not speaking of "many true Gods", that would be absurd. There is one True God.

I've been seeing some posts that put an emphasis on the lack of an article,

View attachment 36446

View attachment 36447
There came a man sent from a god . . . ?

View attachment 36448
Become children of a god . . . ?

View attachment 36450
begotten out of a god . . . ?

View attachment 36451
No one has seen a god at any time . . . ?

People need to understand that the Koine Greek article is not like the English article, and does not follow the same rules.

Much love!

If you really have any interest in Koine Greek as evidence concerning John 1:1c, you would take the time needed to CAREFULLY examine my personal many-years study of this. You have ignored many important points which even many trinitarian scholars have found which make your study above very inaccurate. Not the least of them is the necessity of using the nominative case for God (theos) or any other word as an example parallel to John 1:1c. There are a number of other things you have ignored which make your post inaccurate.

After many years of presenting the truth of the NT Greek grammar parallel to John 1:1c (and the trinitarian Grammarians' exceptions), I have yet to find a trinitarian willing to study it (or admit the truths presented.)

John 1:1c Primer - For Grammatical Rules That Supposedly "Prove" the Trinity

Reactions: Aunty Jane

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
What is "interesting" in this combination of words is the fact that after verbally misstreating a lady, you still tell her much love.
What do you think Jesus would think about that?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is "interesting" in this combination of words is the fact that after verbally misstreating a lady, you still tell her much love.
What do you think Jesus would think about that?
I think He will say JW's are in real trouble on Judgment Day for leading millions of JW's to Hell fire.

Matthew 25
41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bully/troll could never know what Jesus really thinks about anything.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bully/troll could never know what Jesus really thinks about anything.
You love playing the victim, just like Liberals! How long have you been JW? I know, JW's don't like that question at all.