A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack @amigo de christo @marks

A simlie is a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphaticor vivid (e.g. as brave as a lion ). the adversary fall like lightening!

And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Luke 10:18

Here are some issues for you all to consider:

It has been argued that Satan was cast out of heaven prior to the events of Genesis 1-3, or that he was cast our of heaven in 1914 as the
J.W.'s teach ( @Aunty Jane @Keiw would need to confirm if they still believe this????) the problem with this passage is neither can be posisble as this is said to have happened around A.D. 30.

The other issue is it doesnt say the Satan was in heaven or that he fell from heaven. Jesus is not saying Satan fell from Heaven but makes a comparrison using a simile "as". The simile is drawing your attention to the swiftness of the fall of Satan is as lightning falling from heaven.

Of course you still need to identify the true nature of what fell like lightening? The success of the seventy were able to overcome the enemy which is clear from the record which is the context is the curing of illnesses (demons)

Their faith was such that they cured many people and had success over the terrilble nature of the flesh in all its weaknesses. Christ compared it to lightning falling from heaven. Despite this victory over the powers of sin and its effect ie. disease. Jesus instructs his disciples to rejoice (Luke 10:20).

You all really need to read the chapters leading up to this event to fully understand why Jesus was so full of joy!

Hope that helps
F2F
"Simile" to JW's means God is wrong.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is a tricky question for you quiet to chew on this weekend

2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,

“Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God ...” (Heb. 2:17)

How did God condemn sin in the nature of His Son?
What was in Christ that God was able to condemn?

Enjoy!

F2F
An aspect to consider.....the book of Hebrews was written to Jewish Christians who were reverting to Judaism. The writer uses word pictures from the Hebrew sanctuary practices to enlighten them.

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Corrupt flesh responds to Law in this way:

Romans 7:5 KJV
For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Much love!
Excellent verse Marks!

Now compare to this and explain how was sin represented in Jesus Christ

We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. Romans 6:9

Enjoy
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
An aspect to consider.....the book of Hebrews was written to Jewish Christians who were reverting to Judaism. The writer uses word pictures from the Hebrew sanctuary practices to enlighten them.
True but try speaking to the text.
F2F

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
Roman 5 tells us humanity now has Jesus as its representative. Man's value is infinitely greater than that of damaged goods. God's view blows Man's view outta the water.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Roman 5 tells us humanity now has Jesus as its representative.
How did he represent us?
By having a different nature?
Or by having the same nature?
The Word is clear on the answer but the answer will remove a fundemantal Christian doctrine.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's no coindence that our discussion has led us to the true satan and devil of the Bible...there is something ironic about how the Word of God has taken us from Matthew 4 (Christ's Temptations) to the Book of Hebrew and Romans where nothing is mentioned of a rebel angel. But what is mentioned is something far more close to home!

@marks @quietthinker @MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I dont believe like you, about no Fallen angel mentioned as Satan @face2face. I differ with you. There is two words very similar together in the greek. However I do believe Satan was very real, and he owned the earth, for a long time until he finally was done away with, in the lake of fire. His power was stripped away at the cross, where he was defeated, and would be coming back one last chance to overthrow Jerusalm by and through the Roman Army in my opinion. For killing the Son of God, might sound crazy but its all right with me, God used the Roman Army to take out Jerusalem, just as promised by Jesus.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack @amigo de christo @marks

A simlie is a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphaticor vivid (e.g. as brave as a lion ). the adversary fall like lightening!

And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Luke 10:18

Here are some issues for you all to consider:

It has been argued that Satan was cast out of heaven prior to the events of Genesis 1-3, or that he was cast our of heaven in 1914 as the
J.W.'s teach ( @Aunty Jane @Keiw would need to confirm if they still believe this????) the problem with this passage is neither can be posisble as this is said to have happened around A.D. 30.

The other issue is it doesnt say the Satan was in heaven or that he fell from heaven. Jesus is not saying Satan fell from Heaven but makes a comparrison using a simile "as". The simile is drawing your attention to the swiftness of the fall of Satan is as lightning falling from heaven.

Of course you still need to identify the true nature of what fell like lightening? The success of the seventy were able to overcome the enemy which is clear from the record which is the context is the curing of illnesses (demons)

Their faith was such that they cured many people and had success over the terrilble nature of the flesh in all its weaknesses. Christ compared it to lightning falling from heaven. Despite this victory over the powers of sin and its effect ie. disease. Jesus instructs his disciples to rejoice (Luke 10:20).

You all really need to read the chapters leading up to this event to fully understand why Jesus was so full of joy!

Hope that helps
F2F
Rev 6:1-the ride of the white horse( righteous war) = the war in heaven-Rev 6:2 Jesus gets the crown. Gods kingdom established in heaven-satan and his angels booted out forever. The prophecy in Daniel when that occurs=607 bce + 2520 years=1914--Rev 6:4--Peace will taken from the earth=ww1.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rev 6:1-the ride of the white horse( righteous war) = the war in heaven-Rev 6:2 Jesus gets the crown. Gods kingdom established in heaven-satan and his angels booted out forever. The prophecy in Daniel when that occurs=607 bce + 2520 years=1914--Rev 6:4--Peace will taken from the earth=ww1.
Explain the symbol and don't force the man made notions

I you can't be honest.

F2F

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses​

Wasn't Jesus a Witness to Jehovah?
He called himself “the faithful and true witness” (Rev 3:14) so unless he was talking about someone else, he himself was a ‘witness for Jehovah’.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh I dont believe like you, about no Fallen angel mentioned as Satan @face2face. I differ with you.
You must!
There is two words very similar together in the greek. However I do believe Satan was very real, and he owned the earth, for a long time until he finally was done away with, in the lake of fire. His power was stripped away at the cross, where he was defeated,
This is funny - you believe a Powerful Superantural Being was destroyed by the death of a man. How will you ever learn truth when your mind is so easily deceived?

and would be coming back one last chance to overthrow Jerusalm by and through the Roman Army in my opinion. For killing the Son of God, might sound crazy but its all right with me, God used the Roman Army to take out Jerusalem, just as promised by Jesus.
I'm angry at those resposible for such lies - so many like you are lost.

F2F

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must!

This is funny - you believe a Powerful Superantural Being was destroyed by the death of a man. How will you ever learn truth when your mind is so easily deceived?

I'm angry at those resposible for such lies - so many like you are lost.

F2F

Its all on what you speak that shares your heart as far as I can tell. It doesnt bother me what you think about me or how I believe. Youre not responsible for me at all. Have a good one, face2face.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Excellent verse Marks!

Now compare to this and explain how was sin represented in Jesus Christ

We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. Romans 6:9

Enjoy
F2F
@marks

Now compare Hebrews 2:14

14 Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. Heb 2:14–15.

How was sin represented in the Lord's body?

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its all on what you speak that shares your heart as far as I can tell. It doesnt bother me what you think about me or how I believe. Youre not responsible for me at all. Have a good one, face2face.
All good...just the usual from you Matt.