A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Celebrating, honoring a person is no kind of worship. I don’t know why you cannot understand that.
Seriously...how is Christ "honored" by what people do at Christmas time? Its just an excuse to over indulge in food and alcohol. The spirit of giving is lost in the expense and expectation of what should be 'received'.....its a commercial joke imposed on a gullible population who feel compelled to do what everyone else is doing and the world and its ruler laughs at them all the way to the bank.
When I tell people (particularly women) that I don't celebrate Christmas, I see envy in their eyes and also in their confessions that they wish they didn't have to.

How do the poor explain why santa is so generous to the rich kids and gives them nothing special?

Tell me what, in this day and age, Christmas promotes by way of the Christian faith? Who is honored when they can't even tell the truth about what happened at Jesus' birth? Who really were the so-called "wise men", and who sent the "star" that led them to Herod? Why were innocent babies put to death because of what they did?

How do they honor Christ with the trapping of false worship...mid-winter, false religious customs that are completely meaningless to those who live in the southern hemisphere, where its summer right now. Sleigh bells? snow....really? Evergreen trees that were thought to have magical powers when all the other trees were bare?.....these are decorated and adorn almost every home......all the native trees in my country are evergreens. Is Christmas just for Northern Hemisphere "Christians" then?

Ask the police what they think of Christmastime when alcohol fueled domestic violence goes off the Richter scale.....
Ask the children from broken families how much fun it is when their parents fight over who will spend Christmas with which family?
The world celebrates Christmas when they don't even claim to be "Christians"......most Aussies couldn't care less about Jesus....all they want is an excuse to have a holiday and to party....the more alcohol, the better. Where is the honor to Christ when what is seen is overindulgence and greed?

Those who want to celebrate what Christ really stands for can do so in the only commemoration of an anniversary that is commanded by Jesus himself when he said, "keep doing this in remembrance of me"...he was not speaking about his birth or even his resurrection......but of his death.
That is how you honor Christ...the way HE said to.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know not Jehovah. That is a made up word. We do not know the real divine name as teh Hebrews took out the vowel points for YHWH.
For all we know it can be yuhwoh, yihwih, yohwoh etc.

And I have taught for over forty years that we do not need to seek Jesus' righteousness- because it has already been imputed to our account when we accepted His death and physical resurrection from the dead as the full payment for our sin.

But I know this promise well! I have seen my heavenly Father provide over and over and over and over again because though far from perfect I diligently try to seek first the kingdom.
Men say its made up. I say God has made his name known and always has. And Jesus promised to keep on making his Fathers name known-John 17:26.
Yes they werent sure if YHWH, or YHVH is correct. But all who know God knows he always has made his name known.

If Jesus death was the full payment for sin then why have all died and paid their own wages of sin? And why Does Acts 3:19 teach one has to repent and turn around to get sin blotted out?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I conditionally agree with yo0u. Simply because I do not know what else is lurking behind that statement that Watchtower Central may have filled your mind with.

Judaism is dead. Christianity was borne to take its place., But the covenants God made with Israel are eternal covenants except one- the Mosaic Covenant or the law!

Teh gathering of Jew and gentile into one body called the church (which is an organism and not an organization) was prophesied in the Old and is being fiulfilled now.

Once the full number of the gentiles have been brought into the church, as it declares in Romans 11 God will once again turn His attention to Israel and save the survivors of the tribulation-ALL of the Jews left.

God has been gathering Israel back to the Land He covenanted to give them. He has been gathering them in unbelief as is prophesied to prepare them to pass under teh rod of His judgment as prophesied and to purge out from them the unbeliever and rebel as prophesied.

This will all come to pass because God said in His WOrd "and it shall come to pass..."
You will find out it is spiritual Israel spoken of in revelation. Not Literal Israel--you actually believe after over 1950 years of refusal to do Matt 23:39 all of a sudden they will. It wont happen.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously...how is Christ "honored" by what people do at Christmas time?
Seriously? More people come to Christ, talk about Jesus, give to charity in his name and go to church than any other time of year.

Just last night, I went to a 4King and Country Christmas concert. 10,000 enthralled Christians praying, worshipping for 3 hours donating millions to sponsor children in Conpassion International.

In our culture, Jesus IS the Christ in Christmas AND THE reason for the season.

Aside from that, the joy of the season, of exchanging gifts and spending time with loved ones - in Jesus name honors Christ more than any honor bestowed by Western Civilization. Not what country, what planet and religion are you from?

I do not recognize such willful ignorance among Christ followers to START defiant, to start refusing to celebrate our lord and savior’s birthday. Again, what year is it sweetie?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seriously? More people come to Christ, talk about Jesus, give to charity in his name and go to church than any other time of year.

Just last night, I went to a 4King and Country Christmas concert. 10,000 enthralled Christians praying, worshipping for 3 hours donating millions to sponsor children in Conpassion International.

Aside from that, the joy of the season, of exchanging gifts and spending time with loved ones - in Jesus name honors Christ more than any honor bestowed by Western Civilization. Not what country, what planet and religion are you from?
And that is you POV and you are welcome to it. I see no honour whatsoever in using a pagan festival as the basis to honour the son of God. No one is stopping you. God won’t stop you. You’ve made a choice and that is a good thing....that is what this “time of the end” is all about.
I do not recognize such willful ignorance among Christ followers to START defiant, to start refusing to celebrate our lord and savior’s birthday. Again, what year is it sweetie?
And you keep repeating this like it should mean something...it doesn’t.

Reactions: Keiw

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes it looks good, like this-2Cor 11:12-15-- So will the image of the beast.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is your POV? What Scripture says you are not to celebrate birthdays?
Why did the Jews not record birthdates? No one really knows what the date of Jesus birth is. Jews were told NOT to imitate the false religious customs of the nations. So why choose the birthday of a false god and retain all the customs, and then call it “Christian”? Will God accept that? I can’t see how he could.

Just because you believe he does , doesn’t mean that he does. That is your POV and I have given you ours.
No one is forced to believe a thing we say....but you’d be surprised about how many are being “drawn” to the truth right now. (John 6:44; 65) No one can come to the Father unless it’s through Jesus Christ.....and no one can come to Christ unless they are invited by his Father. (Romans 10:13-15) This serves to eliminate those who just want to promote their own POV. He is looking for those who are interested in what God thinks....in his POV.
And what year is it?
You’re still asking this? If you don’t know what year it is, try consulting a calendar....:hmhehm

Reactions: Keiw

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did the Jews not record birthdates?
Again, you ask questions but don’t answer. The idea that celebrating birthdays is against God’s word is without foundation.

IMO, your refusal to answer the question of what year it is shows you know your argument is week as normally you answer questions at great length.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your POV? What Scripture says you are not to celebrate birthdays?

And what year is it?
Birthdays promote-SELF. God does not like one promoting self, especially since he created all life, he is the one who deserves to be celebrated not the creation first ever. All true followers live to do Jesus Fathers will( Matt 7:21-over self. Just as Jesus did. John 5:30

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, you ask questions but don’t answer. The idea that celebrating birthdays is against God’s word is without foundation.
I have shown you why celebrating birthdays, Easter and Christmas is against God's word (Deuteronomy 18:9-12 forbids astrology and divination which is where birthday celebrations come from.....And 2 Cor 6:14-18 also reveals God's view of trying to fuse true worship with false worship.....and its still not good enough for you) it is simply ignored...so, that is not my problem.

Now that you have been shown what the scriptures teach, and where your cherished celebrations come from, hanging onto them, justifying what God has always condemned, is between you and him.

IMO, your refusal to answer the question of what year it is shows you know your argument is week as normally you answer questions at great length.
I never was good at cryptics Wrangler....

When you reveal the mystery of the year.....perhaps then I will understand what you are getting at.....for now I have no idea what you mean.
Please explain......or drop it.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have shown you why celebrating birthdays, Easter and Christmas is against God's word (Deuteronomy 18:9-12 forbids astrology and divination which is where birthday celebrations come from
Wrong. A birthday has NOTHING to do with astrology or divination. It's a complete invention. This is why when I ask where does the Bible prohibit birthday celebrating, you falsely connect it to astrology and divination.

Just because birthday's have an origin in a different culture does not mean they have the same meaning in our culture. And I have explained that several times.
And 2 Cor 6:14-18 also reveals God's view of trying to fuse true worship with false worship
Again, you are falsely equating celebrating someone's birthday with worship. It is no kind of worship, whatsoever.

nd its still not good enough for you) it is simply ignored...so, that is not my problem.
I have not ignored your false proclamations but blasted them out of the water, leaving them completely annihilated.
I never was good at cryptics Wrangler....

When you reveal the mystery of the year.....perhaps then I will understand what you are getting at.....for now I have no idea what you mean.
Please explain......or drop it.
Answer the simple question of what year it is, THEN I'll explain. LOL

It is self-evident. That is why you refuse to answer the question of what year is it. Everyone reading this grasps it is not cryptic at all that the year is a celebration of a specific event, an event you pretend celebrating is evil, a sin with no Scriptural support whatsoever! JW's have lost all credibility over this issue, the hill you've proverbially died on. JW may be Christian but they are spurious also.

Svetlanafah

Nov 9, 2022
Haiti
Faith
Christian
Country
British Indian Ocean Territory
Как поменять пароль?
Может я делаю что то не так?
Прошу помочь.
С уважением.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A birthday has NOTHING to do with astrology or divination. It's a complete invention.
Where do you think the celebration of birthdays comes from? There are two mentioned in the Bible....neither were worshippers of Jehovah and at the whim of these two rulers, someone lost their life.....Herod had John the Baptist beheaded, so how would Jehovah feel about that?
The customs associated with birthday celebrations have spiritistic origins that you see no harm in.
The date was used to cast horoscopes and to divine a child’s future...you cannot celebrate a birthday and divorce it from its pagan roots. The “birthday cake” and the “wishes” associated with the original were there in the original celebration. If the Israelites were commanded NOT to imitate the ways of the nations by adopting their religious customs, then birthdays, Easter and Christmas have no place in our lives at all.
But that is for you to evaluate and to do as you wish. Once you know the truth, you can’t ‘unknow’ it. You make decisions to comply with it, or to justify retaining it. That is your choice Wrangler. What you decide to do has nothing to do with me. That now becomes something between you and Jehovah. So you can stop yelling at me.....

This is why when I ask where does the Bible prohibit birthday celebrating, you falsely connect it to astrology and divination.

Just because birthday's have an origin in a different culture does not mean they have the same meaning in our culture. And I have explained that several times.
If God’s command was not to imitate the pagans in their beliefs and customs, do you think God now accepts them under a different name in a different age? You have been informed of the origins of these things yet here you are valiantly trying to justify them....but to whom? To me?...to Jehovah?....or to yourself?

You can’t change the truth by disbelieving it.....and you can’t make something abhorrent to God into something he loves by merely changing the name. A Roman emperor did that centuries ago in order to make “Christianity” attractive to his subjects. He could not unite his religiously divided empire, so he fused the worship of both and called it “Christianity”....now all would be united in worship as this became the state religion of the empire. The “weeds” of Jesus parable were firmly planted, and they are still polluting the world today, as the rebellious daughters of Rome broke away and spread their poison into every corner of the globe. This is why “few” are on the road to life......and “many” are on the road to death. (Matthew 7:13-14)

By our choices, we will be found in only one of two camps......”wheat or weeds”....”sheep or goats”...on “the road to life”...or “the road to destruction”. That’s how God sees us....as either one or the other. So it doesn’t matter how we see ourselves because God will not interfere with our free willed choices. He allows us to decide which camp we belong in....and we will not know until the judgment comes, if we have made the right choices.
Again, you are falsely equating celebrating someone's birthday with worship. It is no kind of worship, whatsoever.
That is because the celebration was originally rooted in false worship....you cannot separate it from its pagan origins unless you stop doing it and celebrate something unique....something that wasn’t adopted like a homeless puppy centuries ago. What do you love about the things you celebrate? Are they things that you can only do because a date on a calendar dictates that you must? Seriously, step back and look at what happens to the world at these times of year.....the ‘sheeples’ are all led to sacrifice on the alter of greed, and the commercial world always keeps the treadmill running because they no sooner have one celebration over than the fleecing of the masses begins all over again......it’s one continual commercial greedfest.

I chose to divorce myself from these things decades ago, but it doesn’t mean that I can’t engage in all the things you love about these occasions that are not in themselves wrong....giving gifts, having a good meal with family and friends, bringing people together to celebrate a wedding or an engagement or an anniversary is not wrong in itself. We just don’t need pagan celebration under another name to do that.
Our kids can have parties where no one is the special one...they are all special.

Can you not see the slavery?

I have not ignored your false proclamations but blasted them out of the water, leaving them completely annihilated.
In your mind you may have done that, but don’t speak for others Wrangler.....your opinion is your opinion.
God knows what is right with him...and what is not. We seek to please Jehovah in these things because Jesus told us that the one “faithful in what is least, will be faithful also in much” (Luke 16:10)

I mentioned before the man who tried to save the arc of the covenant...and the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath...both were struck down because they disobeyed God. Why? Was what they did so terribly wrong? Obviously they didn’t think so.....why did God think so?

Answer the simple question of what year it is, THEN I'll explain. LOL
It is very obviously a baited question......so I am wary of traps set by those who have an agenda.

It is self-evident. That is why you refuse to answer the question of what year is it. Everyone reading this grasps it is not cryptic at all that the year is a celebration of a specific event, an event you pretend celebrating is evil, a sin with no Scriptural support whatsoever! JW's have lost all credibility over this issue, the hill you've proverbially died on. JW may be Christian but they are spurious also.
Ah, now we are getting somewhere.....did the Jews celebrate a new year? Did the first Christians operate by the calendar that we use today? Counting time in today’s world is based upon the year that Jesus is supposed to have been born...but since that date is not recorded in God’s word, we really don’t know the precise date or even the year.....

Do you know where the name of the first month of the year comes from? January is named after Janus, the god of beginnings and endings and of gates and doors.....so even your new year celebrations are rooted in paganism. It’s a mire of the devil’s making.....he turns what is repulsive to God and decorates it with pretty things and people go...”aaaawe...isn’t it nice?” But scrape off the veneer and it’s all very disgusting to a God who tells us what he thinks of false worship and it’s trappings.

Did Jesus command that a new era be be celebrated yearly to commemorate his birth? Are you serious? Jesus was Jewish and would have lived by the Jewish calendar.......that has little to do with a calendar instituted by a Catholic Pope who retained the name of pagan gods to identify the days of the week and the months of the year.....you have got to be joking!

The Jews did not have days of the week, but called their months by name and the day by number.
Jesus did not institute a single celebration that you hold dear. Apparently that is something you do not want to hear? But it’s your choice Wrangler, and yours to make as your heart dictates....can you trust it? (Jeremiah 17:9)
I trust the Bible because it gives us commands and principles so that we can evaluate things as God does.....justification only works on the one justifying......and if others join in with the justification, what is abhorrent to God then becomes something that is widely and collectively acceptable to the masses.....is there safety in numbers? The devil want us to believe that.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see any followers in the bible celebrating birthdays? Then its a tradition of men.
Yes, it is a non-religious tradition of men.

Do you see any followers in the Bible driving their car on the RHS of the road? That's what we do around these parts.