A servant of sin abides not forever.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 10, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]I have heard so many lies and false[/SIZE] doctrine being spread on forums about how ongoing sin will not affect your eternal security in Christ. I am going prove this idea totally false by the words of Jesus. If you truly believe in Jesus Christ, then you will also believe and continue in His words right? Well here goes….

[SIZE=medium]John 8:31-36 “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;32 [/SIZE]And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.[SIZE=small]33 [/SIZE]They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
[SIZE=medium]34 [/SIZE]Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.[SIZE=small]35 [/SIZE]And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.[SIZE=small]36 [/SIZE]If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

[SIZE=medium]These words of Jesus are so plain and simple a child could understand them, but sinners will still argue against this very plain and simple truth because they themselves are still committing sins[/SIZE] and are servants of sin, and thus they will also try to justify themselves and ongoing sin.

[SIZE=medium]Let’s break this down. Jesus said those who commit sin are a servant of [/SIZE]sin, and a servant abides not in the house forever. That verse right there crushes this false notion that ongoing sin does not compromise eternal security. The truth is right there in front of your face. A SERVANT OF SIN ABIDES NOT IN THE HOUSE FOREVER!

[SIZE=medium]People, believing in the Truth according to the words of God has the power to set you free from the bondage of sin and death[/SIZE]. Jesus Christ is the very Word of God, which is Truth and is that Eternal Life. Believe in what Jesus said above, and not the lies and false doctrine of carnally minded men. Believe Jesus when He said you can indeed be set free from the bondage of sin and death.