abomination of desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See, that was me before God.
So, He became an abomination in my place...because I was an abomination. And to be honest, I do not think it is in any way against God for me to acknowledge the magnitude of His sacrifice so that I may be washed clean. I have no hesitation in saying He died as an abomination: cut off in my place.

Agree....me too. It had to be so...God perfect plan.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, what does Scripture mean, is i guess a better way to reflect on this. brb

Consider also what it means to: lay down life for a friend. It could mean time. Yes, it could mean "time" in a life cut short of "time" in a body of flesh. But "laying down your life" can also mean while present:

1 Peter 4:1-6
[1] Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; [2] That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. [3] For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: [4] Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you : [5] Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. [6] For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

But upon looking up the scripture you reference often I see it is "redeem". You do realize it lines up what Jesus spoke?

Psalm 49:6-15
[6] They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; [7] None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: [8] (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:) [9] That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption. [10] For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others. [11] Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names. [12] Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish. [13] This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah. [14] Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.

[15] But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you believe that you can worship Jesus by looking to Him to cover all of your sins, without picking up your cross and following, which is not belief, but work? Lots of ppl do, see, G---- is doing it right now, on another thread. GG proudly asserts her belief in Nehushtan. The Snake on a Pole is, after all, a preincarnate spirit of Christ, right?

fwiw "snakes" back then were not perceived in the way they are today, either, but that is another thread i guess

No, I was the snake.
He is God.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but wadr you had to go look up what "Lexicon" even meant, see. Faith gets turned into belief, the Scriptures become "holy," all kinds of yack gets perpetrated by translators, that can only be rectified in the Lex.

The Lexicon is not anointed word...but you seem to be hugging it to yourself and using it as part of your armour these days....
...beware that you don't start trusting it more than trusting the voice of the Lord in your life. :oops:

" My sheep hear My voice.."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, I was the snake.
He is God.
um, in the account of the infestation of snakes, yes, but in perceiving Nehushtan, the Snake on a Pole, well, also yes, but this Snake is the one Jesus likened Himself to, also. Good observation though, that the snake is us, yes.

But again, snakes were not perceived as "bad" the way they are now, ok. Before one begins seeking Christ, they must rely on their wits to eat, etc, they are in the Holy of Holies, upon reaching adulthood, from perceived necessity. Another way of saying that is that there is no sin in charging a thirsty man $10 for a sip of water, right, if he is willing to pay it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And that in a nut shall is the glory of the story......
The Great Creator became our Saviour and all God's fullness was found in Him.
Love story. What abundant grace!! Praise God.
so now, go light a candle and bow in worship, if you think that will work, or pick up your cross and follow, a completely different Gospel, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Lexicon is not anointed word...but you seem to be hugging it to yourself and using it as part of your armour these days...
the Lex is where the original language is stored, and transliterated (rather than translated), and referenced from.
It is the Bible, everything else, every single translation, is some guy's opinion of It, the Lex. Still not Word, but at least much closer to God~Breathed than any tranny

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ah cool, so all i have to do is proclaim myself a "sheep" and then i am good, right.

Oh no..not at all...much easier than that...if a person can't hear His voice...(Shepherd's voice) they aren't! He is alive and He speaks to His people. :D

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so now, go light a candle and bow in worship, if you think that will work, or pick up your cross and follow, a completely different Gospel, right

You are stuck on this, aren't you? I won't argue with you. I am not sure what you are envisioning or taking away from what is said and distorting it into something it is not, but I will say this:

I have lived in constant fear my entire life, as far back as I can remember and whatever relationship I have with Him now; it has freed me from torment. For the first time in my life, I know peace. Real change has happened, not just empty words.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah cool, so all i have to do is proclaim myself a "sheep" and then i am good, right.

To tell you the truth I did not even know what the Lex was. I have seen you reference it many times but I assumed it was your perferred translation. Upon looking up a few verses a minute ago and googling the Lex translate; I will most likely use it to double check verses.
I liked it. Thank you.

I agree with ByGrace about His sheep hearing His voice. Never once have I attempted to memorize scripture since I assumed it was a pointless attempt. I don't do memorization. My brain doesn't absorb and retain like it did when I was younger. Ask me where things are and most times I can't tell you where I left them last. But one night, back in the beginning of my relationship with Him, as I lay in bed all these verses that I hadn't meant to memorize, kept running through my mind. I kept hearing the same thing over and over, Him asking: "do you know My voice" He kept repeating. "Do you know MY voice"?

You see, every one has a voice that is unique to them. I don't mean sound. I mean expression. HIS Is different from ours. Way different. He kept asking all night if I knew His voice, challenging me. Verse after verse He provided of, Him. Until I don't believe I could ever forget. Until I was certain: Luke 16:8-9 is not my Lords voice (clarification) that commended the "unjust".

[8] And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light. [9] And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

But is instead the voice of the deceiver of this world. Jesus told them they are those that justify themselves before men, like the unjust steward.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Sarcasm and over exaggeration do not become you, far from it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh no..not at all...much easier than that...if a person can't hear His voice...(Shepherd's voice) they aren't! He is alive and He speaks to His people. :D
yes, both of them, i totally agree lol

i mean, really, what does that even mean?
It becomes Bible bait, inviting ppl to judgement, if they are inclined to judge, imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am not sure what you are envisioning or taking away from what is said and distorting it into something it is not
my reasoning for this is that Nehushtan worshippers share the same syntax that seekers do, see, and so the counterfeit can be expressed in virtually the same language that someone who is actually asking, seeking, and knocking might use. Therefore other clues must be heard, which i have never addressed here, and generally never will, as these would be perceived as personal attacks; but as a rule Jesus is invoked, rather than Christ, Belief is invoked, rather than faith, and a future heaven is invoked, rather than the kingdom within you. Some, many other clues, that might be heard.

Now does that mean that just bc someone is saying "Jesus loves me, this i know," that i have a case against them? No. But @ "Jesus died for my sins," we are at a borderline, as i can certainly make a Scriptural case against that, even if it is true in a sense, and at "heaven is for real; tomorrow" we have completely fallen in the water, imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have lived in constant fear my entire life, as far back as I can remember and whatever relationship I have with Him now; it has freed me from torment. For the first time in my life, I know peace. Real change has happened, not just empty words.
well fwiw it shows, ok, and although i have not heard how this happened for you, i could pretty easily make some "predictions" about it, simply bc that is a formula, written in the Book. You "separated" or "came out" of the general consensus, you went into free-fall, some kind of way, your old life most likely fell apart iow, or you had some kind of "break," etc. i'm totally guessing, and none of these may apply too tho, i guess.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I will most likely use it to double check verses.
i'd be interested to know how long that works for you; i did that for about two weeks, and then gave all of my translations away lol.
I refer to translations to double check my Lex now! Actually i have gone to a transliterated Bible for most of that, even