abomination of desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If by holes you mean "white matter", already have it. Some other time, soon. I will accept any help God puts in my path. If you have suggestions; yes, I will accept them with gratitude.

Just to give you another option. Get a Catholic Bible and read the Books of the Maccabees, this will give you a physical description of A abomination of Desolation. A Greek General Antiacus over threw Israel, Roasted a Sow on the Alter, and then set up an Image of Zeus, and declared Zeus God! This is where Hanukkah comes from, and in the NT it is called the feast of Dedication which our Savior went to Observe!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just going to jump in and try to express what I have learned from non-orthodox Jews! There will never be another Temple Made by Hands!
The 500 Cubit by 500 cubit Temple Mount, is where God Placed His Name. think about it, If the Hebrew people rebuild another Alter, on the Temple Mount, after gaining access, then that Alter is like Gods Alter, and everything that it touches belongs to HIM! The Alter touches the Earth, and the Earth is the LORDS. read about where Moses, and also about Solomon dedicated the Tent of Meeting, and Solomon s Temple, there is a 8 day dedication to establish a except able Alter, once that is done then it will be acceptable to God! All that is needed is a corner Stone, an Alter, and the Temple Mount cleansed. I know everyone believes that the Sacrificial system is gone, but it is not, the Jews are still under the Covenant, and they will begin to sacrifice, morning and evening lambs, everyone will go nuts, the secular people will speak out against Israel, the Christians will also find it an Abomination to sacrifice little lambs for the worship of God, and the animal rights activists will scream bloody murder. So there you have the whole world turning against Israel. Every nation will succumb to this outrage, thus as it is written the world will be out to eliminate Israel.
As far as the Abomination of Desolation, after approximately 3 years the Lawless on will for a shut down of that Alter. If you miss one offering, morning and or evening, it make the Alter Void, then if and when this anti-Christ sets up an Image, that will profane the Temple Mount, Which will make it Desolate! I try not to get to long winded- but that's what I have come to understand. By the way God will Honer this Alter, and His Presence will be there!! The whole World will know that God is with Israel!

I love this post. Thank you, Truth!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 500 Cubit by 500 cubit Temple Mount, is where God Placed His Name. think about it, If the Hebrew people rebuild another Alter, on the Temple Mount, after gaining access, then that Alter is like Gods Alter, and everything that it touches belongs to HIM! The Alter touches the Earth, and the Earth is the LORDS. read about where Moses, and also about Solomon dedicated the Tent of Meeting, and Solomon s Temple, there is a 8 day dedication to establish a except able Alter, once that is done then it will be acceptable to God!

Truth, you are not going to like my answer but God will never, ever bless or accept anything that comes from this possible future Altar or any rebuilt temple. It doesn't matter if the sacrifice resumes upon the Holy mount. It is the sacrifice that is not accepted, not the place where it stands or touches. All the "sweet savour" from the OT was always, always prophetic of the Son (God in the flesh). Christ is the only sacrifice God will accept. For God to accept any future sacrifices would be Him as good as saying He agrees and His Son was never enough. God would never appease an rebellious child by giving in. No, what remains to be seen for those that do not see is...Christ. They have to see Him. Not the work of their hands. If or when sacrifices resume, if I am still here then I will be going in the opposite direction of these sacrifices, getting out of God's way because He is about to demonstrate the power of His Son and it is going to hurt those(as Cain) still promoting work of their own on hands. Another sacrifice is not acceptable and never will be. "It is finished" in the one that was pierced. Unless they can place God back upon their altar.

Ephesians 5:2
[2] And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

2 Corinthians 2:15-17
[15] For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? [17] For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Ezekiel 6:3-4
[3] And say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God ; Thus saith the Lord God to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places. [4] And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols.

Ezekiel 6:6
[6] In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.

Amos 9:1-2
[1] I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered. [2] Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There will never be another Temple Made by Hands!
to establish a except able Alter, once that is done then it will be acceptable to God! All that is needed is a corner Stone, an Alter, and the Temple Mount cleansed.
these two do not seem to agree? Did you mean acceptable to God, in their opinion?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless that we in Christ Jesus no longer need a physical temple, the building of another Jewish temple in Jerusalem on the temple mount is the goal of orthodox Judaism, and it is indeed declared in Bible prophecy for the very end of this world.

Objectives of the Temple Mount Faithful

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth, you are not going to like my answer but God will never, ever bless or accept anything that comes from this possible future Altar or any rebuilt temple. It doesn't matter if the sacrifice resumes upon the Holy mount. It is the sacrifice that is not accepted, not the place where it stands or touches. All the "sweet savour" from the OT was always, always prophetic of the Son (God in the flesh). Christ is the only sacrifice God will accept. For God to accept any future sacrifices would be Him as good as saying He agrees and His Son was never enough. God would never appease an rebellious child by giving in. No, what remains to be seen for those that do not see is...Christ. They have to see Him. Not the work of their hands. If or when sacrifices resume, if I am still here then I will be going in the opposite direction of these sacrifices, getting out of God's way because He is about to demonstrate the power of His Son and it is going to hurt those(as Cain) still promoting work of their own on hands. Another sacrifice is not acceptable and never will be. "It is finished" in the one that was pierced. Unless they can place God back upon their altar.

Ephesians 5:2
[2] And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

2 Corinthians 2:15-17
[15] For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: [16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things? [17] For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Ezekiel 6:3-4
[3] And say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God ; Thus saith the Lord God to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places. [4] And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols.

Ezekiel 6:6
[6] In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.

Amos 9:1-2
[1] I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered. [2] Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:

It is never an issue of what I like, I understand that the covenant through Our Savior, is set and in Place! But if God made a Covenant with Abraham, then that Covenant still Stands, With God a Promise is A Promise, God passed this Same Covenant to Isaac, and on to Jacob- Israel- the Covenant will stand, If God fails to keep His word, then what doe's that make Him? One Covenant is not revoked, when another is added!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
building of another Jewish temple in Jerusalem on the temple mount is the goal of orthodox Judaism, and it is indeed declared in Bible prophecy for the very end of this world.
so you say, but i do not agree wadr. Those vv can also be read with one eye instead of two

the fact that it is a goal of Ortho Jews should be a clue here i guess

Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but i do not agree wadr. Those vv can also be read with one eye instead of two

the fact that it is a goal of Ortho Jews should be a clue here i guess

Well, I don't agree with the UNBELIEVING JEWS wanting to build another temple to do old covenant worship in either.

But I wasn't talking about Christ's Church in my last post. I was talking about the orthodox unbelieving Jews. Did you not see the word JUDAISM in my last post?

Their building that temple in our near future is... Bible prophecy, because it is what Revelation 11:1-2 is showing as also Matthew 24 with the "abomination of desolation" event Jesus quoted from the Book of Daniel. It is specifically the event of Daniel 11 by the "vile person", which has never... to this day been fulfilled.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are there so many doubters of what God's Word shows the "abomination of desolation" actually is?

Dan 11:30-35
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
KJV

Ezekiel is given a vision of the temple in Jerusalem, and in front of God's altar in the temple is this idol abomination:

Ezek 8:3-6
3 And he put forth the form of an hand, and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven, and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north; where was the seat of the image of jealousy, which provoketh to jealousy.

4 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

5 Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.

6 He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.
KJV

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
which has never... to this day been fulfilled.
But I wasn't talking about Christ's Church in my last post. I was talking about the orthodox unbelieving Jews. Did you not see the word JUDAISM in my last post?
i also see "and it is indeed declared in Bible prophecy for the very end of this world," which is the part i object to

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because there is a better way to understand that passage, that does not apply to some irrelevant tomorrow, wadr

Sounds like you are a one-worlder. Have you been educated by the globalists who work alongside many Christian Churches today for the goal of one world government? They don't believe those passages of Scripture are about tomorrow either, but wrongly think Christ's Kingdom has already come... in THIS world today.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sounds like you are a one-worlder. Have you been educated by the globalists who work alongside many Christian Churches today for the goal of one world government? They don't believe those passages of Scripture are about tomorrow either, but wrongly think Christ's Kingdom has already come... in THIS world today.
so then there is a counterfeit for everything, i guess; this does not negate that Ezekiel's Temple is made without hands imo, or that the Kingdom is within you, or beside you, right now

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so then there is a counterfeit for everything, i guess; this does not negate that Ezekiel's Temple is made without hands imo, or that the Kingdom is within you, or beside you, right now

Ezekiel's temple has never been built. There has never... been a temple built in Jerusalem yet that had God's River of the Waters of Life flowing out from under the threshold of the house eastward:

Ezek 47:1-5
47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ancles.
4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
KJV

Later verses show that is on earth, naming areas in the middleast, with the many trees on either side of that River being the tree of life of Revelation. God's Plan of Salvation involves this earth He created, and He will dwell on it like He said.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The meaning of the kingdom is within you that Jesus said is NOT about some world of mysticism that pagan mystics of the occult secret societies like to dream about while trapped in their flesh, which appears to be where your idea is coming from.

The meaning is actually about the resurrection of the world to come. That is when Jesus' Kingdom will manifest on earth in full. It is only partially here on earth today through His Church. But He is not here yet sitting upon David's throne which The Father promised Him, and He will sit here, on earth, on David's throne, as written, as David's throne is an EARTHLY THRONE, not a heavenly one.

Matt 25:31-33
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
KJV

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Later verses show that is on earth, naming areas in the middleast, with the many trees on either side of that River being the tree of life of Revelation.
read literally, certainly, yes. I suggest that there are other ways to understand those vv, the same way we recognize that "Babylon" is a spiritual place, etc, but mostly i would counsel keeping an open mind, and not letting any transient beliefs cement the understanding, so that these might be seen when God sees fit to reveal them (only the Father knows, not the Son)
He will dwell on it like He said.
of necessity denies that He is dwelling in it right now though, right? "Will" implies future, iow

Reactions: Helen