abomination of desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
My brain doesn't absorb and retain like it did when I was younger. Ask me where things are and most times I can't tell you where I left them last.
this is a danger sign, and can be remedied, but never mind for now i guess. Seen the brain guy on PBS lately? Big Holes in the Brain? that guy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Until I was certain: Luke 16:8-9 is not my Lords voice (clarification) that commended the "unjust".

[8] And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light. [9] And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

But is instead the voice of the deceiver of this world. Jesus told them they are those that justify themselves before men, like the unjust steward.
nice, yes. Anyone got a tale to tell about how some deceiver later welcomed you with open arms when you were down? that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations? The Bible is making a joke there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sarcasm and over exaggeration do not become you, far from it.
well, please note that you might as easily have commented on the "pick up your cross and follow" part, see, that is in there, too, i was making a generalization, not an accusation;
so now, go light a candle and bow in worship, if you think that will work, or pick up your cross and follow, a completely different Gospel, right

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, both of them, i totally agree lol

i mean, really, what does that even mean?
It becomes Bible bait, inviting ppl to judgement, if they are inclined to judge, imo

I'll soon be writing in heavy Bold font like BreadofLife...
You just cop-out each time.
If you had a deep love for people and God you would add to, help and encourage people in their walk along life's path...but you seem to enjoy throwing rocks and putting stumbling blocks before people to hinder.

Jesus said "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."
Who are you really working for?
You seem frightened of shadows just in case they are evil ones...and in that you miss so much of what is good in the Lord. :(

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Old Winston said it well:-
Untitled attachment 01111.jpg

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Old Winston said it well:-
View attachment 1750
ok, then bam go with that, after you have determined who exactly i am throwing any stones at, or not encouraging, please do.
I encourage everyone to abandon Nehushtan worship, and pick up their cross and follow Christ, as best i am able.

Winston Churchill, lol, you got jokes now, ha ha. Like Nehushtan is some fringe little god or something? "every dog?" point out dog #2, that i am ragging on, i won't even ask for a dog #3, just gimme a dog #2, to establish your premise, and we can go from there

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@bbyrd009 All I was saying was .."it seems" like you are missing the flowers and only seeing weeds. Maybe I am wrong.
But whenever I read anyone's post...just like when I read the bible, I first take what is being written 'to me'...not to the guy sitting next to me.

Over the last few days I fell like to am dodging rocks from you.
That's all.
:oops:

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is a danger sign, and can be remedied, but never mind for now i guess. Seen the brain guy on PBS lately? Big Holes in the Brain? that guy

If by holes you mean "white matter", already have it. Some other time, soon. I will accept any help God puts in my path. If you have suggestions; yes, I will accept them with gratitude.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
counting the number of times faith in the original is turned into belief in so many translations alone should compel one to pause and reflect, imo. Faith is being written out of our "Holy" Scripture as we speak, see, and yet we still have to have arguments with believers about whether the Book is the Word lol. Wishes have been turned into prayers, talents have been turned into gifts, we should make a list lol, i bet there's a hundred. You owe it to yourself to write your own interpretation of Scripture, led by the Spirit, and tested by fire (right here; or somewhere) imo

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009 All I was saying was .."it seems" like you are missing the flowers and only seeing weeds. Maybe I am wrong.
But whenever I read anyone's post...just like when I read the bible, I first take what is being written 'to me'...not to the guy sitting next to me.

Over the last few days I fell like to am dodging rocks from you.
That's all.
:oops:
oh, well my apologies, as i have said in the past i'm pretty sure your heart is in better shape than mine lol; and i don't doubt that when you make...innocent statements, that they are coming from a perspective of innocence, either. So yes what i am really doing is pointing out that your perspectives might easily be, often are seized upon by more black-hearted ppl lol, and that most perspectives seem to have exceptions. Of course i must be one of them, to even contemplate this, yes, that's usually how that works i guess lol

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so do i, but it is effectively a null statement, a generalization that i dare not apply to myself imo.
See, all of these guys consider themselves "sheep" too, i guess
(insert "i am doing God's will" meme here)
Yes, everyone wants to identify himself with the sheep who are always hearing his voice while never hearing the voice of strangers. How do we tell the difference? In others unless we need to we cannot. The separation will come at harvest time. Of course some will insist on trying to separate them now.

How does one become a sheep when he knows he is not is another question, isn't it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How does one become a sheep when he knows he is not is another question, isn't it?
yes, although from the vantage point of a "Christian forum" i would think better defining the many, deceived would be of more interest? Only i guess no one here is deceived, except me lol

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, although from the vantage point of a "Christian forum" i would think better defining the many, deceived would be of more interest? Only i guess no one here is deceived, except me lol
According to some we are both deceived. Of course I always believe that I am right. You probably don't suffer from that particular delusion.

Consider what Jesus said here about sheep and lambs:

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep." John 21:15-17

Do you suppose that Peter knew exactly who it was he was supposed to feed and what he was supposed to feed them? What do you do when the flock [hmmm?] refuses to eat what you have to offer?

Consider Ezekiel who was told to whom to speak:

"And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them. " Ezek 3:4

He was also told before hand that they would not listen to him:

"But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted." Ezek 3:7

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
According to some we are both deceived. Of course I always believe that I am right. You probably don't suffer from that particular delusion.
ha, as if, huh
He was also told before hand that they would not listen to him:

"But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted." Ezek 3:7
sure makes for a weird theology, huh? You'd think the Israelites were like worldly or something lol

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, as if, huh
sure makes for a weird theology, huh? You'd think the Israelites were like worldly or something lol
They sound a little bit like some people I have met on forums. Of course all of us here are completely open minded about the differing beliefs of others.

You think perhaps we have it easier than Ezekiel?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry I couldn't get the question right which is probably why I repeated it several times, rephrasing it. Are we waiting for Israel to rebuild the temple and resume the sacrifice, where the antichrist stands in God's Holy House claiming to be God. This is what I have heard in reference to "the abomination of desolation". The question I have is why would God consider it an abomination since His presence no longer dwells in a temple made with hands...is that clearero_O

I am just going to jump in and try to express what I have learned from non-orthodox Jews! There will never be another Temple Made by Hands!
The 500 Cubit by 500 cubit Temple Mount, is where God Placed His Name. think about it, If the Hebrew people rebuild another Alter, on the Temple Mount, after gaining access, then that Alter is like Gods Alter, and everything that it touches belongs to HIM! The Alter touches the Earth, and the Earth is the LORDS. read about where Moses, and also about Solomon dedicated the Tent of Meeting, and Solomon s Temple, there is a 8 day dedication to establish a except able Alter, once that is done then it will be acceptable to God! All that is needed is a corner Stone, an Alter, and the Temple Mount cleansed. I know everyone believes that the Sacrificial system is gone, but it is not, the Jews are still under the Covenant, and they will begin to sacrifice, morning and evening lambs, everyone will go nuts, the secular people will speak out against Israel, the Christians will also find it an Abomination to sacrifice little lambs for the worship of God, and the animal rights activists will scream bloody murder. So there you have the whole world turning against Israel. Every nation will succumb to this outrage, thus as it is written the world will be out to eliminate Israel.
As far as the Abomination of Desolation, after approximately 3 years the Lawless on will for a shut down of that Alter. If you miss one offering, morning and or evening, it make the Alter Void, then if and when this anti-Christ sets up an Image, that will profane the Temple Mount, Which will make it Desolate! I try not to get to long winded- but that's what I have come to understand. By the way God will Honer this Alter, and His Presence will be there!! The whole World will know that God is with Israel!

Reactions: Helen