Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who so ever hates his brother is a murderer and yes indeed we know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in them .
YE shall not hate your brother in your heart , you shall in any way rebuke , correct him and not allow Sin upon Him .
Now how many pastors of sold out all inclusive non correcting churches are guilty of hating their brethren . EXACTLY .
TIME for all biblical sound doctrine to be put at the forefront of all churches again . And fast too .
God bless! Wave! Like! Smiley faces! And whatever else I can throw in here! :)

Reactions: amigo de christo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure Joe Biden and Planned Parenthood would agree with you.

I’m sure I am in agreement with the Lord God.
Liberty to choose and the consequences be unto the choosers.

I’m sure the Lord God is keenly aware of what advocate and support means, that which I clearly said I do not regarding abortions.

Your implication is deceptive.

• Love
Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe someone can be Christian and support aborting millions of unborn babies?
Your question is based upon ignorance of the English language. First of all if the “baby” is unborn, then it is not a baby, but a “fetus”.

The most important consideration is what the BIBLE has to say about abortion. Within the hundreds of Biblical laws, you will not find one declaring “Thou shalt not have an abortion”!

If God does not find abortion an issue, what’s the problem?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’m sure the Lord God is keenly aware of what advocate and support means, that which I clearly said I do not regarding abortions.

I think you will find on Judgment Day that a "fetus" is indeed a person and abortion is murder.

Jeremiah 1
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question is based upon ignorance of the English language. First of all if the “baby” is unborn, then it is not a baby, but a “fetus”.

The most important consideration is what the BIBLE has to say about abortion. Within the hundreds of Biblical laws, you will not find one declaring “Thou shalt not have an abortion”!

I do understand. Dems get filthy rich "aborting" unborn babies. That's why Planned Parenthood donated $50 million to the Dems one year.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you believe someone can be Christian and support aborting millions of unborn babies?
I believe that abortion is wrong but I also believe that a Christian should be able to accept that many non-Christian women believe it is okay.

• Wow
Reactions: LouisWilliams

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You are correct. The overriding message of the New Covenant is FREEDOM from the law.

Statistically, the primary force in the US who are focused upon taking freedom away from the Nation, are a bunch of Biblically illiterate ‘evangelicals’ who have never read the Bible, but are lead by a pile of unBiblical propaganda spewed from the pulpits by equally illiterate ‘pastors’. They have written their own Satanic bible lead by the same spirit that enslaves women in places like Iran and Afghanistan, were women are slaves to men and treated with the same dignity as farmyard animals! This is what demonic anti-abortion cults in America want to do with the women of their country; turn America into another Iran or Taliban imprisoned countries! If anyone thinks this way in American . . . Anti-abortionists, evangelicals, Republicans etal, they have been smitten with Satanic delusion. Satan doesn’t have to destroy America from the outside, they are already doing such a good job of it from the inside!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you will find on Judgment Day that a "fetus" is indeed a person and abortion is murder.

Jeremiah 1
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Highly doubtful.
God has an Order and Way, and has revealed His Order and Way to us.

Before form-ed is not a person. Before form-ed is dust of the Earth.

Not news God is the AUTHOR, the Creator, and His Power Christ is the Maker, of course He knew beforehand Everything He would Create and Make.

After the man was form-ed, THEN he receiv-ed a soul into his form.

Gen 2:
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, AND THEN...breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

A person is: An individual human being consisting of body and soul.

• Love

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be fruitful and multiply.

Thou shall not kill.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Do unto others as you would have them to unto you.

Is killing one's healthy, preborn, offspring consistent with these commandments?

• Love
Reactions: LouisWilliams

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Highly doubtful.
God has an Order and Way, and has revealed His Order and Way to us.

Before form-ed is not a person. Before form-ed is dust of the Earth.

Not news God is the AUTHOR, the Creator, and His Power Christ is the Maker, of course He knew beforehand Everything He would Create and Make.

After the man was form-ed, THEN he receiv-ed a soul into his form.

Gen 2:
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, AND THEN...breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

A person is: An individual human being consisting of body and soul.
@Taken, it is so refreshing to hear from someone who has actually read the Bible, and can defend your beliefs with SCRIPTURE, rather than mere unfounddd, unsupportable, anti-Scriptural personal opinion!!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Fetus" is a term the abortion industry loves. It sounds much nicer than baby.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To answer the OP - the answer is of course yes - but how long is the real question!!

The reason is that Jesus Christ is our Teacher!!

This should be obvious to all Christian or at least obvious very soon to all Christians; simply because if you get to know and follow Jesus Christ perhaps the very first thing you lean is that He is the Teacher!! We thus, become His disciples!!

So we have learning to do when we get to know Him, and I have known Him over 20 years and He is still the Teacher!!

The question in the OP suggests the author of the OP also has somethings to be taught. Christians don't come to the Lord fully equipped with knowledge and understanding!! I think my favorite Christian bumper sticker or Christian statement is: "A Work in Progress."

We Christians should quickly understand that statement! Or are we really a Christian, meaning someone being taught of God.

With that written, let me give a bit of my background on this subject and what the Lord taught me.

Now while I was taken to church when young and was baptized at about ten, because I felt the presence of the Lord, I never really got to know Him then. He came back into my life at about 40. Before that I was like the normal person walking around. I got a college degree and a job and got married at 30. Yet from college to getting married I knew some different girls. Fortunately, I didn't get any of them pregnant. However, I did get to know one who was pregnant when I came to know her. She was in a bad situation before me. Her prior boyfriend regularly beat her and it turned out that she was pregnant from him also. Looking back on it; I think I was her way out of that relationship, and that problem.

She had decided she needed an abortion. She had found a place to get an abortion and wanted, even needed, someone to go with her. She had parents, but they were we used to call 'sketchy'. They were rarely around, and also trying to pull off some scam or another. I tend to be the opposite, always around and dependable. She asked me to come with her, and I agreed. It was kind of strange sitting in the waiting room with people thinking the baby was mine. Whatever, people can think what they want. Even then, If it had been, I would have been against the abortion. Yet even then I understood that girl was thinking. Yet neither she nor I knew the Lord at that time.

The thing about people's thinking about abortion depends upon whether they see the unborn child as a person or not!!

Now I got to know the Lord and have walked with Him for over 20 years now. We talk. And I have talked which Him on this issued, and there are a couple of things we get to know about this issue, if we get to know Him. Perhaps the first things we get to know is that He is against abortion! You find out that He sees the unborn child as a person, even if we don't. If you get a more technical view from Him, it comes down to the 2 becoming 1 principle that He put into place!! This forum doesn't like this really talked about, but the Father and the Son are One! So Jesus also wants us to become one with Him, as in born again. So He wants a husband and wife to become one. And in fact that happens in His plan for birth when the man's sperm becomes one with the egg. Which turns out to be symoblic of what happens when His Holy Spirit comes into our lives. Of course there is a lot of growing to happen, but our spiritual birth happens the moment the Holy Spirit enters our lives.

You don't expect the unborn baby to understand much, do you? So why would anyone expect that all Christians to understand much. It takes some years of learning from our Teacher, and from what I see, that learning is not going to stop. It is written the Jesus Christ learned obedience at the cross and He had been around at the beginning!

Anyway, I remember when one day I was talking to the Lord about whether the unborn was a person or not and when. He just told me, "Karl, you are wrong!" That was before the more extensive examination that He gave me later.

They are wrong to think that the unborn is not a person and a life. Still, I also remember the Lord giving me a teaching He called, "Moses the murderer"!

Do we not know and understand that the first five books of the Bible were written by a murderer?? God used that murderer to lead His people to the promise land!!

The Lord once told me, "Karl, I can use someone who didn't listen to Me, but I can't use someone who doesn't listen to Me.!"

The better question, than that in the OP, would be about whether we know God forgiving and wishes that none should perish?

That girl, I knew back then, had real problems in her life. Those problems has probably started because her parents didn't listen to the Lord. It turned out that my mom had and prayed for me. Yet she did not have that advantage which I had. She made mistakes and got beat by some disgraceful man her also got her pregnant. She was in trouble, and she murdered an unborn child, while I went along for the ride, which God used to give me greater understanding.

It is an understanding that people make mistakes but He the Lord our God Jesus Christ still loves them!!

How about you???

Do you love those people who are making mistakes or are you more concerned about sitting in judgement over them??

What was that silly and stupid question in the OP again?

Of course, a Christian can be someone supporting aborting millions of people, simply because He, the Teacher, has not fully covered those silly questions of ours!!

God does not support those abortions, but He does want to help us, even if it means answering all our silly and stupid questions, and even if we are murders in some since or another! He understands that we don't understand. What about us? Do we even understand that we don't understand all we need to?

Reactions: Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct. The overriding message of the New Covenant is FREEDOM from the law.

Statistically, the primary force in the US who are focused upon taking freedom away from the Nation, are a bunch of Biblically illiterate ‘evangelicals’ who have never read the Bible, but are lead by a pile of unBiblical propaganda spewed from the pulpits by equally illiterate ‘pastors’. They have written their own Satanic bible lead by the same spirit that enslaves women in places like Iran and Afghanistan, were women are slaves to men and treated with the same dignity as farmyard animals! This is what demonic anti-abortion cults in America want to do with the women of their country; turn America into another Iran or Taliban imprisoned countries! If anyone thinks this way in American . . . Anti-abortionists, evangelicals, Republicans etal, they have been smitten with Satanic delusion. Satan doesn’t have to destroy America from the outside, they are already doing such a good job of it from the inside!

Communist, middle eastern, and the world mix traipsing through the southern boarder have for years been politicized by their own governments to take over the US from within. Open eyes see the foreigners sitting in seats of power. Open ears hear their platforms. Party affiliations, Church affiliations certainly have their agendas too. America has become around the world preached as the Land of the Hand out FREEBIES, which is translated into Slaves not Freedom.

• Love

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course, a Christian can be someone supporting aborting millions of people, simply because He, the Teacher, has not fully covered those silly questions of ours!!

God does not support those abortions, but He does want to help us, even if it means answering all our silly and stupid questions, and even if we are murders in some since or another! He understands that we don't understand. What about us? Do we even understand that we don't understand all we need to?
A long post, you never came up with single Scriptural reference for your personal beliefs! That says it all for me. Your excuse for manufacturing your own moral laws, seems to be that your God was too dumb to mention them in Scripture.