about Suicide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Actually yes... the Holy Spirit tells me when I have done wrong and I repent asking for forgiveness and quit doing it as to be cleansed of all unrighteousness according to God's promise (Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:9)

Actually no - The Holy Spirit brings conviction personally regarding certain sinful acts we need to repent of, He does not detail every aspect of where we fall short of the Holiness of God, that would be never ending.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Only those sins we have confessed and turned away from.

You certainly do remind me of a member here... their alt is "Episkopos".

And no doubt you'll continue to do that for us...

So... regarding your response...

Nonsense.

Jesus is the "one time.. .Eternal Sacrifice for ALL sin."

See, Jesus dies for the sin of the world.........He is the Redemption of all sin, ... as that what He "finished" on the Cross.

Or as Jesus said..."It... is.... finished'...

="eternal redemption"....

If all our future sins were already forgiven even before we commit them...

That's not how it works.

See, the blood atonement is a "new Covenant", whereby God has redeemed ALL the sin of the world, one believer at a time.

2 Corinthinans 5:19

John 3:17

then we could all go ahead and live in sin and still be saved.... which is the false doctrine of the OSAS peoples.

We are not saved or kept saved by "how we live". or "how we behave".

See, God takes a SINNER< into His family, not a saint.

Salvation is not based on being good, its ONLY based on Jesus's shed Blood, Death, and Resurrection.

See the Cross for the update.., as according to your Legalism theology, you are not yet acquainted with the understanding of Salvation.

What Jesus did on the Cross is conditional....

Only people who deny the Cross, Limit it according to their Legalistic self righteousness.

And you'll do it again, @Big Boy Johnson .

What you are saying sounds very close to universalism

Universalism is a Cult teaching, that misunderstands that even tho Salvation is a Gift, its only given by..'... "Grace through faith" and that not of yourself, or of you works.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If all our future sins were already forgiven even before we commit them... then we could all go ahead and live in sin and still be saved.... which is the false doctrine of the OSAS peoples.

This is a nonsense - the Love of God constrains us and the Fear of God keeps us in righteousness.

No one who really loves Jesus wants to sin.

Believing in the assurance of salvation does not cause a believer to sin.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrap yo head around the part in RED!

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are PAST, through the forbearance of God;

Our future sins are not automatically forgiven... that is mocking God according to Gal 6:7,8

So... going forward IF one sins... they must confess it and forsake it in order to be forgiven because God is NOT mocked, what we sow is what we reap - if we sin sowing to the flesh we reap corruption which is spiritual death as in separation from God.

When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be in right standing with the Lord once again according to His Word.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:8
If we claim we do not sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

"Do not" is present tense. Being saved does not mean we no longer sin. It is whether or not we knowingly continue in a sinful lifestyle or action as opposed to turning away from it that is at issue.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Believing in the assurance of Salvation, is the Proof that a person actually understands their Salvation.

And when this understanding is your faith, it causes you to love God MORE, and want to serve Him MORE, because you see the GRACE.. of God....clearly.

Whereas, if you believe you can lose your salvation, you serve God out of bondage, out of concern that you might not make it to heaven.
So, you have put the burden of your salvation on your own back, and reader, that Cross is for Christ alone..

Reactions: Carl Emerson

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This speaks directly against Matthew 24:13; John 15:1-6; Romans 11:22; 1 Corinthians 15:2; Colossians 1:23; Hebrews 3:6, 14; 12:25; and 1 John 5:4.
Yet, not a one verse commands us, 'Thou shall not self terminate.'

You can read into these verses all you want. I take Matthew 24:13 as inspirational. Regarding holding on until the end. Indeed. Who are you to say what that end is?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrap yo head around the part in RED!

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are PAST, through the forbearance of God;

Our future sins are not automatically forgiven...
Romans 3:25 (AMP) - whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].

This sheds some light on what is meant by PAST sins. It does not mean that ONLY our past sins are forgiven by Jesus.

Acts 13:39 - and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Further translations of Romans 3:25 read:

ESV - whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

HCSB - God presented Him as a propitiation through faith in His blood, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His restraint God passed over the sins previously committed.

NASB - whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed.

NIV - God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you remove these verses from yo bible???

1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 1:6
if we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1 John 2:1
I write these things unto you, that ye sin not

We should not be willing or knowingly doing sinful things... it should be a very rare occasion for a Christians to sin and IF they did it would NOT be a situation where it's something they knew it was sinful and they decided to do it anyway.

No, but it opens the door to be able to sin as false OSAS doctrine is a stumbling block to others and is not a legit biblical doctrine.

Assurance of salvation is ONLY for those abiding IN Christ according to Jesus' teaching in John 15 among other scriptural references that prove salvation is conditional.

He does not detail every aspect of where we fall short of the Holiness of God, that would be never ending.

If that was true... He wouldn't be the "Holy" Spirit.

It should be our great joy to hear the Lord's correction in all aspects of our lives thru the Holy Spirit.

No one who really loves Jesus wants to sin.

And yet... so many "christians" today all living in sin

God's Word warned there would be a falling away and many false teachers would deceive many... ignore God's warnings at your own peril:
1 Timothy 4:1,2
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

("depart from the faith" is not referring to sinners in the world who never came to faith in the first place)

1 Timothy 6:3-5 (see Luke 11:23 and 2 Peter 3:2)
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness (holiness); (Doctrine of Christ, aka Doctrine of the Apostles)
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof comes envy, strife, railings, evil thoughts… Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 4:3,4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (teaching); but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying (contradicting, Not agreeing with) the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness (idolatry) shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness (no self control, living after the flesh), and denying (contradicting, opposing Jesus’ teachings) the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (referring to false teachers and false brethren - see Matthew 13:24-30)
(Deny = Strong's G0720… to contradict, disavow, reject, deny, refuse - and Strong's G4483… the idea of pouring forth, to utter, speak of or say, command)

Jude 1:17-21
Remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
These are those who
separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
("those who separate themselves" is not referring to sinners in the world who were never joined unto the Lord in the first place)

Acts 20:27-30
For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Yet, not a one verse commands us, 'Thou shall not self terminate.'

And, not a single verse says snorting cocaine is a sin either.... but it is!

Who are you to say what that end is?

Anybody with just a little bit of common sense would know... Jesus is speaking of the end of one's life.

Except for the catholics that satan deceived in to believing in purgatory... they think it means enduring till the end of purgatory laughing7.gif

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Do not" is present tense. Being saved does not mean we no longer sin. It is whether or not we knowingly continue in a sinful lifestyle or action as opposed to turning away from it that is at issue.
Amen! 1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self-righteousness.

1 John 3:9 - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (NASB)

1 John 3:9 (AMP) - No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him.

Reactions: Jim C

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you remove these verses from yo bible???
I'm not going to repeat myself and what others have said. There is no commandment against self-termination. You can read this into verses if you want but that changes nothing.

If you want to proclaim this is a sin AND it is unforgivable, it makes one wonder what is your motive ... I noticed that you did not answer my question.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Big Boy Johnson,

I remember my first conversion. However when it started out being a babe in Christ, I looked at other people around me and deemed them less than. They do not pray like me, they do not read the bible like me, they are all sinners and guilty of God's execution. While not ever once looking at myself, overtime though there was a teacher who helped me realize, I am still a sinner too. It's only by the grace of God which saved me, and that in time slowly got me away from my old lifestyle, though I still have my issues even still today. Yahava continues to work with me constantly, he always will if I allow him, if I deny him access he will not interfere. A good God in my best estimation, always calling and desiring of people to come to him, regardless if I do or do not. He leaves the choice up to individuals. It's a terrible thing to group everyone up together one lump some, as though they all do the same things. It's just not true. Everyone has already been saved from their sins, it's just learning about who God sent that makes the difference which comes in to the death, burial, and resurrection. Not everyone desires that in their life, and that is okay.

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
He does not detail every aspect of where we fall short of the Holiness of God, that would be never ending.

BBJ. said. "If that was true... He wouldn't be the "Holy" Spirit.

It should be our great joy to hear the Lord's correction in all aspects of our lives thru the Holy Spirit."

Me... Your response makes no sense - you seem incapable of reason and are limited to trotting out a theology.

In James we read that the wisdom from above is reasonable...

As you seem incapable of making a reasoned response, I can only conclude that your position is not coming from Wisdom.

Reactions: mailmandan

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not

That verse is explained here.

1 John 3:9

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

If a person is born again, then Jesus who is the Truth, lives in them.

Behavior has nothing to do with it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Assurance of salvation is ONLY for

Everyone who is truly born again.

IF you are only a water baptized commandment worshiper, then you have a problem, that the Cross has not resolved for you yet.

And yet... so many "christians" today all living in sin

You mean like those who spend more time watching Netflix then reading their Bible?
Or those who spend more time worrying about Football or Baseball or the Stock Market, or going fishing then they "think on the things of God"?

And, not a single verse says snorting cocaine is a sin either.... but it is!

The bible tells us not to harm our "temple".

This is our body.
So, if you take illegal drugs, you are knowingly harming your body.
And this is not the same thing as taking a Medication, and you know the side effects can harm you, even tho the DRUG can heal you.

Except for the catholics that satan deceived in to believing in purgatory... they think it means enduring till the end of purgatory

No one who is currently "enduring to the end" is understanding their salvation, today.

Salvation is not based on what we endure or what Cross we can carry..... our Salvation is based on the Cross of Christ were GOD meets sinful mankind with Everlasting GRACE and MERCY and Eternal Forgiveness.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever attain to the perfection of Jesus ?

Are you aware of every sin you commit?

Are you always where Jesus would be, and doing what is appointed, hearing the Father perfectly?

When you die there will be sins you have committed that will be un-noticed, someone you didn't speak to, failing to be in prayer constantly, not giving to a need, failing to reject an unclean thought, missing a cue that someone is struggling, a load of behaviours that we consider 'normal' that are not even close to the Holiness of God.

Not to mention all the sins you committed as an unbeliever, many of which are long forgotten.

Now following your viewpoint there is no forgiveness for these sins you are unaware of.

Mmmm... I am glad that His Blood covers all unrightousness.
ditto

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:29-31
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
How about a little context.

In Hebrews 10:26, to "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is continuous action, a matter of practice. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows continuous, willful, habitual action. The unrighteous practice sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God. (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9)

If the word 'sanctified' in Hebrews 10:29 is used to describe saved people who lost their salvation and became unsanctified, then we have a contradiction because the writer of Hebrews in verse 10 said "sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" (Hebrews 10:10) and in verse 14, we read, "perfected for all time those who are sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14) So, in Hebrews 10:10, we clearly read ..WE have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. In Hebrews 10:14, we read - For by one offering He has perfected for all time THOSE who are sanctified. So to go from sanctified back to un-sanctified would be in contradiction here.

*NOWHERE in the context does it specifically say the person who "trampled underfoot the Son of God and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant" was "saved" and/or "lost their salvation." The reference to "the blood of the covenant that sanctified him" in verse 29 "on the surface" appears to be referring to a Christian, but this overlooks the fact that the word translated "sanctified" (which is the verb form of the adjective "holy") which means "set apart," and doesn't always necessarily refer to salvation.

Strong's Concordance
hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Original Word: ἁγιάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hagiazó
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-ad'-zo)
Definition: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Usage: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

In 1 Corinthians 7:14, Paul uses the term "sanctified" to specifically refer to non-Christians who are "set apart" by their believing spouse (and by this Paul does not mean that they are saved). A non-Christian can be "set apart" from other non-Christians without experiencing salvation as Paul explained. So the word "sanctified" means to be "set apart." If the word "sanctified" simply meant saved in every case, then you would have to say that the seventh day was saved (Genesis 2:3), the tabernacle was saved (Exodus 29:43), Moses saved the people after coming down off the mountain (Exodus 19:14), the priests and the Levites saved themselves (1 Chronicles 15:14), the Father saved the Son (John 10:36), the Son saved Himself (John 17:19) and many other things that do not line up with scripture.

In verse 39, the writer of Hebrews sets up the CONTRAST that makes it clear to me that he was referring to make believers/nominal Christians, not saved people: But WE are not OF THOSE who draw back to perdition, but OF THOSE who believe to the saving of the soul. Those who draw back to perdition do not believe to the saving of the soul and those who believe to the saving of the soul do not draw back to perdition.

So, after considering the CONTEXT, it seems most likely that "he was sanctified" should be understood in the sense of someone who had been "set apart" or identified as a professing believer in the Hebrew Christian community of believers, but later renounces his identification with other believers, by rejecting the "knowledge of the truth" that he had received and trampling underfoot the work and the person of Christ himself. This gives evidence that his identification with the Hebrew Christian community of believers was only superficial and that he was not a genuine believer.

Reactions: Carl Emerson

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I hope God doesn't judge you the way you judge others!

I judge myself according to God's Word which instructs me to not live after the flesh, to not be carnal minded, and to not do sinful things!

You should do the same... rather than getting upset cause others aren't petting your feelings!

There is no commandment against self-termination.

Than go whack yourself and see where you go! The reason you don't is because you know it's sinful before the Lord.

If you really truly believed whackin yourself is the fast lane to go to Heaven... you would have done it already.

Those that self murder (commit suicide) are in violation of these biblical truths:

Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

*Those that self murder failed to abide In Christ until
the end of their lives, therefore they will not be saved

John 15:1-6
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

1 Corinthians 15:2
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Colossians 1:23
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven

Hebrews 3:6
But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Hebrews 3:14
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 12:25
See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 Corinthians 3:16,17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man destroys the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I judge myself according to God's Word which instructs me to not live after the flesh, to not be carnal minded, and to not do sinful things!

You should do the same... rather than getting upset cause others aren't petting your feelings!
Some here may have relatives or friends who committed suicide under insane conditions. You might want to consider their feelings. Many who commit suicide are temporarily insane GOOD people overwhelmed with grief!

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some here may have relatives or friends who committed suicide under insane conditions. You might want to consider their feelings. Many who commit suicide are temporarily insane GOOD people overwhelmed with grief!

Oh, so let's don't teach what God says in His Words... because some people's feelings might get hurt???

If people are not taught the truth that committing suicide leads to the lake of fire... more people will kill themselves

Because... all the false teachers out there be telling everyone that when a Christian kills themselves they go to Heaven... which is a lie of the devil!

So the question is... should we withhold the truth and see more people kill themselves, so speak the truth to help people know and understand that suicide is the fast track straight to hell and help prevent more suicides?