about Suicide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh, so let's don't teach what God says in His Words... because some people's feelings might get hurt???

If people are not taught the truth that committing suicide leads to the lake of fire... more people will kill themselves

Because... all the false teachers out there be telling everyone that when a Christian kills themselves they go to Heaven... which is a lie of the devil!

So the question is... should we withhold the truth and see more people kill themselves, so speak the truth to help people know and understand that suicide is the fast track straight to hell and help prevent more suicides?

God is Love - do we believe Him or you ???

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:6
But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Hebrews 3:14
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
In Hebrews 3:8-10, we read - Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, and saw My works forty years. Therefore, I was angry with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray in their heart, and they have not known My ways.' *Not descriptive of genuine believers. *There is no loss of salvation here. *Only a failure to receive it. Verses 18-19 - And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So, we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. That explains the hardened heart. It took them in the opposite direction of God. Considered the truth for a time, then hardened heart and departing from God became their final answer. Faith was never firmly rooted or established.

Jude 1:5 - Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people (the Israelites) out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. Not stopped believing but did not believe.

Hebrews 3:14 - For we have become [past tense Greek verb, gegonamen, meaning we have become already] partakers of Christ, (demonstrative evidence) if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end. Notice that this is essentially a repeat of verse 6, where we have read: but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house - whose house we are, (demonstrative evidence) if we hold fast our confidence and hope firm until the end. The wording is not - "and you will become partakers of Christ (future indicative) if you (future indicative) hold fast." It is rather - "you have been, and now are, partakers of Christ, (demonstrative evidence) if in the future you hold fast."

The point is that not all of these Hebrews have become partakers in their promised Messiah and of course, the only ones in the end who will be identified as truly born-again Hebrews who have become partakers of Christ, will have been those who have held fast the beginning of their confidence steadfast to the end. What about those faltering Hebrews who depart from God yet begin with loud confidence and profession of loyalty. But later? Future perseverance is proof of genuine conversion.

Just like in Hebrews 4:1-2, For indeed the gospel was preached to US as well as to THEM; but the word which they heard did not profit THEM, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For WE who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. *Obviously, not all of these Hebrews were genuine believers. *Notice that verses 2-3 makes a distinction between US who have BELIEVED and do enter that rest and THEM who heard the word but did not mix faith with what they heard and will not enter that rest because of UNBELIEF.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Galatians 6:7,8

Galatians 6:7-8 (see Gen 8:22)
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For
he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
God gave man free will... if man chooses to turn and walk away from the Lord, God will let them do so.
In regard to Galatians 6:7-8, the one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, flesh which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Only believers sow to the Spirit and from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Romans 8:8 - So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is Love - do we believe Him or you ???

Maybe you didn't notice... I was just posting what He said in His Word.

Three murderers wrote most of the Bible.

If you knew the difference between compassion and sacrifice you would not have condemned the innocent.

You must not have noticed they REPENTED and were no longer murderers... in other words they quit doing their sin and got right with the Lord and only then could the Lord accept them and use therm.

But, hey... if you are pro murder I guess we'll be hearing about you in the news as the next mass shooter eh?

And since you are pro-suicide... maybe you should talk to your pastor about having suicide day at your church where you folks pass the pistol around and take turns shooting themselves

And just so you know, those that are doing sinful things are not innocent and are no longer in right standing with the Lord... you would know this if you accepting what the Lord says in His Word.

When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be in right standing with the Lord once again according to His Word.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because... all the false teachers out there be telling everyone that when a Christian kills themselves they go to Heaven... which is a lie of the devil!
Suicide is caused by a mental illness.
When a Christian suffers from a mental illness he/she does not go to hell.
Mental illness is a disease, just like cancer or any other sickness.
Christians who die of cancer go to heaven, same with Christians who die of mental illnesses.
Christians are saved.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a cute little excuse and all... very very few that kill themselves don't actually know and understand that what they are doing is wrong.

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

God did not lie in His Word when He said...

1 Corinthians 3:16,17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man destroys the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

It's incredible that those claiming to be Christians would argue in favor of killing themselves.... incredible as in NO credibility whatsoever!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You must not have noticed they REPENTED and were no longer murderers... in other words they quit doing their sin and got right with the Lord and only then could the Lord accept them and use therm.
You may not have noticed that repentance is a state of heart and God judges the heart.

There is only one unforgiveable sin.

Think - the thief on the cross - did he confess his sins ? No Jesus did not require that - just a believing heart.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody on this forum has done such a thing.

By not clearly opposing suicide... by default this is letting others know it's OK.

Some are openly saying that Christians that commit suicide actually go to Heaven.

satan always enjoys it when Christians are out helping him deceive the masses.
devil_smiley2.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, and some do it without knowing it...

This is why satan is using big name preachers to make speeches at the funerals of those that have committed suicide to tell the whole world that if a Christian whacks themselves... they go to Heaven.

This is a lie from the pit of hell which is where people that commit suicide go!

And satan and his demons are laughing at how easy it is to deceive most Christians since they refuse to accept what God says in His Word
devil_animated2.gif

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is why satan is using big name preachers to make speeches at the funerals of those that have committed suicide to tell the whole world that if a Christian whacks themselves... they go to Heaven.

This is a lie from the pit of hell which is where people that commit suicide go!

And satan and his demons are laughing at how easy it is to deceive most Christians since they refuse to accept what God says in His Word
View attachment 37768

I think you missed my point...

Despite your fancy graphics designed to bolster your argument, I do not believe that all who take action knowing that they will loose their life, loose salvation. Some for example do this to save others and are applauded for it in Scripture. This is not murder.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think you missed my point...

Despite your fancy graphics designed to bolster your argument, I do not believe that all who take action knowing that they will loose their life, loose salvation. Some for example do this to save others and are applauded for it in Scripture. This is not murder. Jesus did this himself.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As so many others these days, false teacher David Jeremiah teaches you can kill yourself and end up in heaven (Dr. Jeremiah Audio Clip).

I've had the funerals of a number of people who have taken their own lives, and quite often family members will come and say, "Is there any forgiveness if someone takes their own life." And I need to report that that sin is neither accorded any greater or lesser value in the economy of God than the other sins which are chronicled in the word of God. And it is possible, I believe, for a person who has gone through some terrible stress in their life and in a moment of not thinking clearly has ended their life that person very easily might find his place in heaven; especially because he could have given his heart to Christ in this life; and even to take one's life does not undue what God does in the inward act of salvation. (Saul's Suicide, tape TTW13)

This speaks directly against Matthew 24:13; John 15:1-6; Romans 11:22; 1 Corinthians 15:2; Colossians 1:23; Hebrews 3:6, 14; 12:25; and 1 John 5:4. Committing suicide is not enduring to the end (Matthew 24:13). It is not abiding in Christ (John 15:1-6). It is not continuing in His goodness (Romans 11:22). It is not holding fast the word (1 Corinthians 15:2).

It is definitely being moved away from the hope of the gospel (Colossians 1:23). It is not holding fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end (Hebrews 3:6). It is not holding the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end (Hebrews 3:14). It is refusing and turning away from Him who speaks from heaven (Hebrews 12:25). And, it is not overcoming the world (1 John 5:4), but rather being overcome by the world and the devil (1 Peter 5:8; 1 John 5:18).

This kind of teaching on suicide opens wide the door of death and Hades (Luke 16:19-31; Revelation 20:11-15) to those in despair.

Some might argue, "What about Samson? He committed suicide." Samson's "suicide" was actually an act of war, as he killed three thousand Philistines in his vengeance upon them (Judges 16:28-30). He died in his effort to kill others, as he said, "Let me die with the Philistines!" (Judges 16:30). It was not, as a typical suicide of our day, because of a lack of hope, or a deranged mind. He died with the Philistines to "take vengeance on the Philistines" for his two eyes (Judges 16:28). Plus, this was the only choice he had, to kill them as he did.

Typical suicidal people today are those who have no hope, and they are thus not in Christ (Ephesians 2:12; 1 Peter 1:3; 3:15), or they have been moved away from the hope of the gospel and are thus lost (Colossians 1:21-23). Those with deranged minds, or who "might have a mental breakdown," are those who do not have a sound mind and are therefore not in Christ (Isaiah 26:3; 2 Timothy 1:7). These people will end up in hell if they die in such a state. Such people are not saved.

Those that self murder (commit suicide) are in violation of these biblical truths:

Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

*Those that self murder failed to abide In Christ until
the end of their lives, therefore they will not be saved

John 15:1-6
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

1 Corinthians 15:2
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Colossians 1:23
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 12:25
See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As so many others these days, false teacher David Jeremiah teaches you can kill yourself and end up in heaven (Dr. Jeremiah Audio Clip).

I've had the funerals of a number of people who have taken their own lives, and quite often family members will come and say, "Is there any forgiveness if someone takes their own life." And I need to report that that sin is neither accorded any greater or lesser value in the economy of God than the other sins which are chronicled in the word of God. And it is possible, I believe, for a person who has gone through some terrible stress in their life and in a moment of not thinking clearly has ended their life that person very easily might find his place in heaven; especially because he could have given his heart to Christ in this life; and even to take one's life does not undue what God does in the inward act of salvation. (Saul's Suicide, tape TTW13)

This speaks directly against Matthew 24:13; John 15:1-6; Romans 11:22; 1 Corinthians 15:2; Colossians 1:23; Hebrews 3:6, 14; 12:25; and 1 John 5:4. Committing suicide is not enduring to the end (Matthew 24:13). It is not abiding in Christ (John 15:1-6). It is not continuing in His goodness (Romans 11:22). It is not holding fast the word (1 Corinthians 15:2).

It is definitely being moved away from the hope of the gospel (Colossians 1:23). It is not holding fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end (Hebrews 3:6). It is not holding the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end (Hebrews 3:14). It is refusing and turning away from Him who speaks from heaven (Hebrews 12:25). And, it is not overcoming the world (1 John 5:4), but rather being overcome by the world and the devil (1 Peter 5:8; 1 John 5:18).

This kind of teaching on suicide opens wide the door of death and Hades (Luke 16:19-31; Revelation 20:11-15) to those in despair.

Some might argue, "What about Samson? He committed suicide." Samson's "suicide" was actually an act of war, as he killed three thousand Philistines in his vengeance upon them (Judges 16:28-30). He died in his effort to kill others, as he said, "Let me die with the Philistines!" (Judges 16:30). It was not, as a typical suicide of our day, because of a lack of hope, or a deranged mind. He died with the Philistines to "take vengeance on the Philistines" for his two eyes (Judges 16:28). Plus, this was the only choice he had, to kill them as he did.

Typical suicidal people today are those who have no hope, and they are thus not in Christ (Ephesians 2:12; 1 Peter 1:3; 3:15), or they have been moved away from the hope of the gospel and are thus lost (Colossians 1:21-23). Those with deranged minds, or who "might have a mental breakdown," are those who do not have a sound mind and are therefore not in Christ (Isaiah 26:3; 2 Timothy 1:7). These people will end up in hell if they die in such a state. Such people are not saved.

Those that self murder (commit suicide) are in violation of these biblical truths:

Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

*Those that self murder failed to abide In Christ until
the end of their lives, therefore they will not be saved

John 15:1-6
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

1 Corinthians 15:2
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Colossians 1:23
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven

Hebrews 12:25
See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man destroys the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
False teachings abound.
Stop and consider....these new age religion teachings has for the far most part been offered since the 1960's. In fact research, still in process, has found none originating before that time frame.
Likewise it is a challenge to find a new bible edition that originated before that same era.....the 1960's.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I personally could not take my own life , however having had three of my children get to the point of trying to end theirs It has enabled me to understand that your mind is simply not in the right place to think straight. They have relayed the blackness within at the time.
Unless you have walked through the mud and mire of mental health issues I think it’s like everything else, you walk without full knowledge of the internal struggles.
My youngest tried to hang himself 12years ago, then went down the journey of self harm for years ( at times my home looked like a murder seen when his cutting was out of hand and he had leaned on alcohol ) He came to faith two years ago.
My daughter tried to end her life earlier in the year, ended up in ICU for a few weeks, hers was triggered by pain meds which led to addiction of opioids, which led to an internal struggle that reached a sudden choice to just want to stop the addiction, she was angry she woke up………..after much prayer on my part and amazing support from the mental health team and drugs rehabiliation she is now completely off the opioids and ‘in her right mind. I might add that the downward spiral occurred after her dad passed away. God has been active in all of the situations I have faced and given me a heart of compassion for my children and those who struggle with mental health. That compassion comes from deep within me, it’s the Lords compassion.
I find it sad that so many Christians seem to presume judgement over others

Reactions: Triumph1300

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally could not take my own life , however having had three of my children get to the point of trying to end theirs It has enabled me to understand that your mind is simply not in the right place to think straight. They have relayed the blackness within at the time.
Unless you have walked through the mud and mire of mental health issues I think it’s like everything else, you walk without full knowledge of the internal struggles.
My youngest tried to hang himself 12years ago, then went down the journey of self harm for years ( at times my home looked like a murder seen when his cutting was out of hand and he had leaned on alcohol ) He came to faith two years ago.
My daughter tried to end her life earlier in the year, ended up in ICU for a few weeks, hers was triggered by pain meds which led to addiction of opioids, which led to an internal struggle that reached a sudden choice to just want to stop the addiction, she was angry she woke up………..after much prayer on my part and amazing support from the mental health team and drugs rehabiliation she is now completely off the opioids and ‘in her right mind. I might add that the downward spiral occurred after her dad passed away. God has been active in all of the situations I have faced and given me a heart of compassion for my children and those who struggle with mental health. That compassion comes from deep within me, it’s the Lords compassion.
I find it sad that so many Christians seem to presume judgement over others
It is not..... judgement..... to interpret God's word. He says what He says.
In all cases God is the judge.
Which calls for interpretation of those experiencing depraved mental levels no matter how it is induced....God is the only one who will pass judgement.

A exemplary and clear example of this is with the thief on the cross with Christ....whether he was baptized or not ....He was extended special dispensation to be with Christ and that is showing the power of God's judgment.
Be further blessed.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is not..... judgement..... to interpret God's word. He says what He says.
In all cases God is the judge.
Which calls for interpretation of those experiencing depraved mental levels no matter how it is induced....God is the only one who will pass judgement.
Be further blessed.
I was referring to those who presume that someone is automatically Going to hell if they take their own life.…..

Reactions: Triumph1300