about Suicide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you're judging others who are in situations that you don't have a clue! And what's even sadder is that God is going to judge YOU the same way.

I'm going by what God already said in His Word... being in agreement with Him!
This is how one gets the same judgement Jesus gets.

Those that reject what God says get the judgement the devil gets because they set themselves up to be in opposition to the Lord... just like the devil. This is what happen to Adam and Eve and is why the dies spiritually (became separated from God)

He said in His Word that God cannot be mocked, what man sows is what man reaps.

If man sows destruction... man will receive destruction - This is the result of suicide.
(Destruction is spending eternity separated from the Lord, not ceasing to exist as some falsely claim)

We all have to decide to either agree with the Lord by accepting what He says... or be in opposition to the Lord by rejecting what He says....

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deny the Words of the Lord Jesus when He told the thief that he would be with Him in paradise?

It's pure speculation to claim the thief had already been baptized because you have no scripture to prove that.

And then you contradict yourself by saying "Christ may have extended special dispensation to the Thief."

People with conflicting messages are what give Christianity a bad name... you're all over the map! Do better!
Not true...don't attempt to change the narrative...answer my question?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The narrative is that u said He had not been baptized...and you can't back that up.

OK, so let's see your proof from scripture that this guy had already been baptized.

He was a thief, someone who had been living a life of crime... so please do post chapter and verse that specifically says this guy had been baptized before being sentenced to death for being a thief.

Where dat at??? clueless-scratching.gif

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so let's see your proof from scripture that this guy had already been baptized.

He was a thief, someone who had been living a life of crime... so please do post chapter and verse that specifically says this guy had been baptized before being sentenced to death for being a thief.

Where dat at??? View attachment 38110
I never said he had been baptized. Show me???
My last comment.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't presume upon God and his merciful nature so as to insist he would not have compassion upon suicides.

We should have compassion,sympathy,and empathy for those who commit self murder. I don't think God would feel less than we.

He would know their struggles that led to that final decision to end all hope.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said he had been baptized. Show me???
My last comment.

You said... "The narrative is that u said He had not been baptized...and you can't back that up."

And then I said "so let's see your proof from scripture that this guy had already been baptized."

So, if you got proof this cat got baptized, then post it up homie! thumbsup2.gif

I don't think God would feel less than we.

And so it goes... we create God in our own image making Him out to be in agreement with the wisdom of man.... rather than man turning away from his darkened, sinful understanding to the wisdom of God.

God's Word says in the last days....

Luke 21:26
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Being afraid is a sin and it causes people to lose heart and not want to live anymore.

God's grace and mercy is to have people speak out and warn them to not fall in to fear and instead come walk with Him and over come fear by abiding IN Christ being obedient to the Gospel... before it's too late!

It's a trick of the devil to believe committing suicide leads people
to go to Heaven... it's a trick because suicide actully leads to hell!

hell_fire.gif

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said... "The narrative is that u said He had not been baptized...and you can't back that up."

And then I said "so let's see your proof from scripture that this guy had already been baptized."

So, if you got proof this cat got baptized, then post it up homie! View attachment 38150

And so it goes... we create God in our own image making Him out to be in agreement with the wisdom of man.... rather than man turning away from his darkened, sinful understanding to the wisdom of God.

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Being afraid is a sin and it causes people to lose heart and not want to live anymore.

God's grace and mercy is to have people speak out and warn them to not fall in to fear and instead come walk with Him and over come fear by abiding IN Christ being obedient to the Gospel... before it's too late!

View attachment 38151
Thanks for your opinion.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, and I have no doubt that many GOOD people who committed suicide will be in His eternal Kingdom!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that self murder (commit suicide) are in violation of these biblical truths:

Romans 12:1,2
I declare to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your body a living sacrifice, Holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service....and be not conformed to this world (see James 4:4): but be transformed by the renewing of your mind (understanding, vision), that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19, 20
Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own....for you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 3:16,17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?If any man destroys the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.*Those that self murder failed to abide In Christ untilthe end of their lives, therefore they will not be saved.John 15:1-6I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Colossians 1:23
IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven

Hebrews 3:6
But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Hebrews 3:14
For we are made partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 12:25
See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, IF we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

*Those committing suicide... sadly, did not overcome the darkness and evil of this world thru Jesus Christ. sad.gif

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, if you got proof this cat got baptized, then post it up homie! View attachment 38150

View attachment 38151
I never said The thief was baptized.
But, you did say that he was NOT baptized.
You have failed to show scripture.
Be blessed.

This is an example of why a watchful eye from the board of the forum is needed. Young Christians can be miss led and frustrated.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we do know from reading of the thief is that he knew who Immanuel was. And asked that Immanuel remember him when he comes into his kingdom.

Was the thief baptized? We will never know. What we do know is today the thief is in paradise. God knows how that happens.

Reactions: gpresdo