about Suicide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are they not responsible for their actions?
As I have said before, suicide comes as a result of mental illness.
I.o.w. as a result of sickness.

Are you saying that Christian cancer patients also are are going to hell because they are sick
as a result of their actions, such as eating junk food and smoking, etc?

Sick Christians go to heaven, regardless of the kind of sickness they are suffering from.
Christ went to the Cross for all who accepted Him, that includes people suffering from mental sicknesses..

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not believe God will forgive us of our sins without repentance.
Yes we do need to repent.
But God is also a just God.

Ok, so the guy who accepted Jesus Christ, and committed a sin, and gets killed in a car accident 5 minutes later will go to hell?

That means we all go to hell, because we are all sinners.
Or are you the kind of guy repenting 24 hours/day?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those examples are not suicide...why do you inject them into the topic?
Suicide is not friendly.
I assure you it is relevant to the thread and much needed given the black and white lack of proper doctrine judgments trying to be pushed here.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And furthermore, you're still missing the point of the new testament

Yeah, lots of folks are cherry pickers these days... they only believe a few happy verses and throw the rest of God's Word in the trash! They do so at their own peril and due to the leading of evil spirits who are leading them to ignore the whole counsel of God.

That means we all go to hell, because we are all sinners.

If you are a "sinner".... then you have not died to self and submitted your life unto the Lord and become a new man.... you're still living as the old man walking after the flesh if you are still a "sinner"

1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 1:6
if we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1 John 2:1
I write these things unto you, that ye sin not

We should not be willingly or knowingly doing sinful things... it should be a very rare occasion for a Christian to sin and IF they did it would NOT be a situation where it's something they knew it was sinful and they decided to do it anyway.

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

No, that's just your opinion.... very few if anyone that commits self murder don't know that it's wrong.

I assure you it is relevant to the thread and much needed given the black and white lack of proper doctrine judgments trying to be pushed here.

No, we are discussing the sinfulness of someone who kills themselves on purpose because they want to die... so THEY are destroying their own bodies in order to end their lives.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that self murder (commit suicide) are also in violation of these biblical truths:

Romans 12:1,2
I declare to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your body a LIVING sacrifice, Holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service....and be not conformed to this world (see James 4:4): but be transformed by the renewing of your mind (understanding, vision), that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Notice the Word of God says present your body a LIVING sacrifice... not a dead one???

1 Corinthians 6:19, 20
Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own....for you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Killing yourself... if failing to glorify the Lord as the Lord never instructs us to kill ourselves.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we are discussing the sinfulness of someone who kills themselves on purpose because they want to die... so THEY are destroying their own bodies in order to end their lives.
Well then you should have been happy to read the scripture I quoted in that relevant post about possessed people where the demons throw them into fire and drown them in fact looking like suicide but is not.

Makes me wonder if you even read responses. You should be more careful calling something irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you are a "sinner".... then you have not died to self and submitted your life unto the Lord and become a new man.... you're still living as the old man walking after the flesh if you are still a "sinner"
Nice to see there is one person (you) on this thread who never needs to repent.

• Haha
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well after debating it has become clear that as a righteous judge, considering the evidence, evidence that demons can possess a soul and force them to commit suicide (Mark 9:22), while others can willfully do it (Exodus 2:13), then I cannot determine from the act of suicide who will go to hell and who will not.

Any relevant rebuttal @Big Boy Johnson?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Makes me wonder if you even read responses.

I frequently ignore foolish, un-scriptural responses.

Well after debating it has become clear that as a righteous judge, considering the evidence, evidence that demons can possess a soul and force them to commit suicide (Mark 9:22), while others can willfully do it (Exodus 2:13), then I cannot determine from the act of suicide who will go to hell and who will not.

Any relevant rebuttal @Big Boy Johnson?

As a cherry picker who has been deceived by those demons ... will you now be committing suicide?

If it's really not a sin, then it should be the fast track to Heaven then... right???

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same way a person who takes the Lord's name in vain immediately before being hit by a bus, I'd imagine.

God's Word clearly tells us the wages of sin is death (spiritual death, being separated from God)... and if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption as in no longer being in right standing with the Lord.

It's pretty clear the great falling away is sadly alive and active amongst some folks eh?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a cherry picker who has been deceived by those demons ... will you now be committing suicide?

If it's really not a sin, then it should be the fast track to Heaven then... right???
How sinful of you to even suggest someone commit suicide. You should repent. But I am a Christian who cannot be possessed because I have the Holy Ghost residing with me.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes he should, but that's one thing "Big Boy Johnson" does not believe in.
As he indicated: He never sins.
Thanks @Triumph1300.

Well I think I said my peace in this thread. I was worried that some newer Christians would read it and tell people that people that commit suicide all go to hell. It can be offensive to people that have actually lost someone that way as I have and others as well.

I'm still new to some denominations and thought it was only Catholics that think that all people that commit suicide go to hell.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word clearly tells us the wages of sin is death (spiritual death, being separated from God)... and if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption as in no longer being in right standing with the Lord.

It's pretty clear the great falling away is sadly alive and active amongst some folks eh?
How about we look at the entire verse, eh?

Roman's 6:23
For the wages of sin is death but the GIFT from God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gift from God is what God has chosen to give us solely of His grace and mercy. There is not even one thing we can do to earn it. It is utterly impossible, hence the need for Christ's sacrifice in the first place. All we can do is accept it.

If we were required to have confessed every last sin before we died in order to get to heaven then there wouldn't even be any point to accepting Christ until one was on one's deathbed. Pretty sure that's not what God intends.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks @Triumph1300.

Well I think I said my peace in this thread. I was worried that some newer Christians would read it and tell people that people that commit suicide all go to hell. It can be offensive to people that have actually lost someone that way as I have and others as well.

I'm still new to some denominations and thought it was only Catholics that think that all people that commit suicide go to hell.
Thumbs up to that one, Dev553344 :)

Reactions: dev553344

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sinful of you to even suggest someone commit suicide.

I simply asked if you was going to whack yoself since you claim this is not a sin.

So... how is it on one hand you claim suicide is not a sin, then then on the other you say you won't be killing yourself because to do so would be being possessed by the devil?

Those that claim to be Christians would be walking in sin IF they allowed the devil to take them over... we are told in scripture to submit ourselves to the Lord so if one submits themselves to the devil... that's willingly and knowingly doing sin.

Only those that know nothing of the Lord Jesus that have not been born again would have an excuse to let the devil take them over.

By claiming Christians that commit suicide have been possessed by the devil... is suggesting that a Christians just can't help it if the devil takes them over. Is this your claim concerning Christians that commit suicide?

And is this your thought concerning Christians that do sinful things... the devil took them over and they just can't help it and the devil made them do it?

Roman's 6:23
For the wages of sin is death but the GIFT from God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Yes... and those that still walk in sin or go back to walking in sin no longer have eternal life.

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil

1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not

Unless you'd like to argue that one can be IN Christ walking in darkness (sin) and not reap corruption?

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 1:6
if we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1 John 2:1
I write these things unto you, that ye sin not

Galatians 6:7-8 (see Gen 8:22)
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

If one claims we DO reap corruption when we sin, then they are admitting they do not believe OSAS / Eternal security doctrine (and sadly many of their friends will forsake them!).... and if one claims we DO NOT reap what we sow, then according to Gal 6:7, that would be mocking God!

Adam and Eve were given eternal life by the Lord when He created them... but when they sinned against God they became corrupt and died spiritually and became separated from God. So Gal 6:7,8 is quite the quandary, quite the state of uncertainty and perplexity for the adherents of OSAS doctrine.

If we were required to have confessed every last sin before we died in order to get to heaven then there wouldn't even be any point to accepting Christ until one was on one's deathbed. Pretty sure that's not what God intends.

Does this mean you believe it's OK live in sin? And be a sinner that sins all the time??

Only those who are led by God's Spirit are His children (Romans 8:14)... and the Holy Spirit is not leading anybody to sin... so why to the false teachers teach that everyone is supposed to sin everyday in thought, word, and deed?

That's the devil's message.... not what God's Word teaches! disagree.gif

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I.o.w. as a result of sickness.

Are you saying that Christian cancer patients also are are going to hell because they are sick
as a result of their actions, such as eating junk food and smoking, etc?

Sick Christians go to heaven, regardless of the kind of sickness they are suffering from.
Christ went to the Cross for all who accepted Him, that includes people suffering from mental sicknesses..
Rest...God will be fair.