Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because the saints of Corinth were already baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins and the epistle of the Corinthians was written to affirm their faith, not to debunk Acts.

Do you know what an epistle is?

BORING!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who taught you that Acts was transitional?

Kinda like an evolving of the Apostles doctrine?

When did it stop evolving doctrinally?

Is it finally ended since modernists have eliminated Acts 2:38, or is the Gay movement still completing it's evolution?

BORING!!!!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To skip Acts with you?

Don't bother.

giphy-preview.gif

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is not and never was dependent on baptism.

"For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works [including baptism], so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Is Acts 2:38 grace or law?

Reactions: Truther

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Early Church sold everything they owned and put it in a Common Fund where people took from it as needed.... have YOU “ done the same?”
No they didnt . you take a verse out of context . Just to support DISOBEDIANCE to CHRIST . You will pay dearly BB
for doing things like this . AND you know I LOVE you my friend .
There is no need for excess my friend . If you notice you can rightly divide scripture by taking a look at all scripture BB .
Those who had much sold so that those who did lack would not lack . Simple .
Now stop trying to feel secure about twisting things JESUS taught . PS since we are on that note
Let no man , woman , child , not even your pets enter into covenant with That HARLOT that sits atop ROME .
I have seen what wild eyed lost preachers try and do to make it seem like we do not need to obey CHRIST
they come along and they bring a few scrips , taken out of text to give excuse for disobedance . AND FOLKS JSUT SUP IT UP and LOVE IT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never forget that the Romanists have taken your advice!They Read the same Bible that we do and look where it got them.....Jehovah’s Witnesses ALSO read their Bibles “ on their own!”

The Bible can be a Very Dangerous Book! The Bible declares that God has “ Gifted” us with wise Teachers Of The Word...With Gods help and guidance,We need to identify them and listen to them....One should read the entire Bible to learn what is in there and perhaps more “Importantly” What is NOT in there....I was Very surprised after I read the Bible for the first time! It turned out That my church got a lot of VERY IMPORTANT things Wrong....Ain’t nobody gonna fool me no more—- Now I know what’s in there!

Read the Bible and pray to God that He leads you to “ God - Sent” Teachers as opposed to “ SELF- Sent “ “Teachers”...
No , they claim to do such things . But just like even the pharisees and priests did , THEY DONT really teach
the whole rightly divided truth . And the more folks wont read the bible FOR THEMSELVES , GUESS who they gonna sit under
MEN WHO TWIST IT . MY advice stands . OPEN BIBLE and read it for YOU and stop reading it through the lens of some mans intepreptations
and theologies . You would truly be amazed at how fast things could be cleared up an how truly SIMPLE the walk with CHRIST IS .
MEN have made everything complicated though their own interpretations which served THEIR OWN PIPE DREAMS for whatever
they lusted after . Bottom line . UP with the bible , READ BIBLE , FEAST ON BIBLE , STAY IN PRAYER
AND GOD WILL GIVE US THE RIGHT INTERPRETATION TO THE TRUTH HE HIMSELF INSPIRED .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that many problems in the church today are caused by ‘mixture’ which undermines not only the word of God but God’s authority and sovereignty.

In the Old Testament there are many descriptions of how God’s people turned to worshipping other gods and idols made of base materials by human hands and his subsequent punishment of such behaviour.

It has been shown to me recently that these people had not entirely abandoned God, the Holy One of Israel, but that they had taken up these other gods AS WELL AS Almighty God. This is where the ‘Mixture, comes in. It waters down peoples’ perspective of God and distracts from his power and authority.

People have become dissatisfied with JUST one true God, they desire the other gods as well and in turn these other gods begin to become more important to them than God himself.

By far the biggest god of this sort in today’s world is SELF and especially pride when people think they know better than God. The redefinement of marriage and the appointing of gay bishops are just two examples.

The Church needs to get back to serving only One True God and to root out anything that that smacks of ‘mixture’.

As I have recently heard at least three different preachers speak on this subject in the last couple of months, I think it is a ‘now’ word of God to the church.

copyChkboxOff.gif
Daniel 2:43
And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.
Exactly what has happened . Men got up who never had truly submitted to GOD , as they too had sat under men who had never done the same thing . They preach only what the carnal mind can see as truth . Omitting any truth that gets in THEIR WAY of what they DEEM is best
for them . AKA , lusts of the flesh . OH they can preach some truths , but never know THE TRUTH . Just as did the pharisees
just as did many priests through all times , just as many false prophets have done through all times .
YE cannot love both the world and God . YE cannot serve both the flesh and the Spirit
YE cannot . Do notice true lambs through all generations have come out from amongst any of those decievers .
FOR GOD has put upon the heart of a lamb the LOVE FOR HE FOR CHRIST ABOVE ALL and then to love thy neighbor as theyself .
No lamb is gonna sit nor stay where the mix gets preached . IT desires the TRUTH . FOR THAT is the LOVE that GOD has shed
upon its heart .

Reactions: Marvelloustime