Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really “ trumping”..... it just confirms that if water baptism “ IS” everything you make it out to be ,
God will see that it comes to pass....He made the Promise to “ save” if merely “ asked” ....the Onus is upon HIM to see that everything that is required for Salvation comes to pass...I simply Trust God to keep His Word ....That is what Faith is and THAT is what ultimately Saves.....I got mine....how about you ? I Trust God....You Trust Water ....
No, I trust the name of Jesus spoken while being baptized, which name spoken during this baptism in water(burial symbolism) remits sins.

I think the problem here is you guys don't believe that the name of Jesus remits sins.

You think YOUR PERSONAL CONFESSION remits them instead.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy howdy.

Christendom would rather fight than switch and obey Acts 2:38.

Obeying Acts 2:38, as you interpret it is blasphemy!

It is insulting God by making a ceremony of man equal to the Blood of Christ for the cleansing of ones sins.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeying Acts 2:38, as you interpret it is blasphemy!

It is insulting God by making a ceremony of man equal to the Blood of Christ for the cleansing of ones sins.
This is blaspemy?...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Wow.

Highlighting a verse is now blasphemy or Charlie is under conviction?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is blaspemy?...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Wow.

Highlighting a verse is now blasphemy or Charlie is under conviction?

Nothing but the Blood, my friend! Making anything else a necessity for the cleansing of sin is blasphemy!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing but the Blood, my friend! Making anything else a necessity for the cleansing of sin is blasphemy!
Obtaining remission of sins via baptism in the name of Jesus Christ per Acts 2:38 has nothing to do with the blood of Christ?

Where does that theology come from?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is, the shed blood of Jesus Christ is obtained via Acts 2:38(remission of sins).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I choose "nothing but the Blood!" Add to it at your own risk!
No, OBTAIN IT via Acts 2:38.

It cannot be 'invited" or "confessed" into our lives.

You need a Bible study on the tabernacle, which I could gladly provide a video I made....

This is page 1 of several pages to break the tabernacle down for you.

Click on the channel to see them.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, OBTAIN IT via Acts 2:38.

It cannot be 'invited" or "confessed" into our lives.

You need a Bible study on the tabernacle, which I could gladly provide a video I made....

This is page 1 of several pages to break the tabernacle down for you.

Click on the channel to see them.

My friend, you need a lesson stemming from Lev. 17:11

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Per the OP, anyone please tell me what you personally would have told the 3000 sinners at Pentecost that differs from what Peter answered them?...

Thanks.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend, you need a lesson stemming from Lev. 17:11

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."
Yes, the age old question is, "how is the blood obtained by the individual today".

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When we stand in the waters of baptism calling upon the NAME of Jesus, here comes the blood.

Reactions: Truther

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the age old question is, "how is the blood obtained by the individual today".

Faith is the only way! To the Old Testament folks it was faith in looking forward to the Coming Messiah whose shed Blood was represented by the blood of an animal sacrifice.

For the New Testament folks it is faith in looking back at the Messiah and the Blood He shed for us.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Reactions: Truther

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we stand in the waters of baptism calling upon the NAME of Jesus, here comes the blood.

And you have blasphemed the Lord you claim by making water equal with the Blood!

Water baptism has it's purpose, but it is not for the purpose of cleansing sin.

Nothing but the Blood!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is the only way! To the Old Testament folks it was faith in looking forward to the Coming Messiah whose shed Blood was represented by the blood of an animal sacrifice.

For the New Testament folks it is faith in looking back at the Messiah and the Blood He shed for us.
You cannot "believe" your way to the application of the blood.

It is not mind over matter.