Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So not agreeing with your misinterpretation of a particular verse in scripture = skipping an entire book of the Bible where that verse is found. Got it. Do you realize how ridiculous and childish that sounds?

Dan, I hope you and yours are having a great weekend!
The remark that @Truther related, came from reply post #682 -- whereby JimB stated the following...

"Just more of your one-track nonsense.
BTW, quoting from Mark 16 is a dubious practice. It is not considered to be a valid part of the Gospel of Mark, but a later addition. Have fun playing with your snakes!"

And Truther replied...

Ouch, it just bit me!!!

Now we have a Mark skipper here...LOL

I'm just bringing you up to speed on that origin. Again, have a great weekend!

Reactions: Truther

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda like an evolving of the Apostles doctrine?

More like the Revealing Of “God’s Mysteries” Given to Paul that the Disciples were unaware of and Jesus Never talked about in His Earthly Ministry...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did it stop evolving doctrinally?

1Cor15:1-4—is where it stopped “ evolving” ——and it’s what God is gonna ask you about come Judgement Day

Paul says in Romans 2:16 that people will be Judged “According to MY GOSPEL”....Notice that Paul did NOT say that we will be Judged in regard to whether we were baptized or not.....the only “ baptism” that will count for anything on that day is THIS one: Were you “ Baptized “ into the Body Of Christ”...... if one does not receive THAT Baptism, that person is Lost....

God’s gonna want to know if you TRULY BELIEVED Paul’s Gospel That was Given to Paul personally by Jesus Christ....If you “ Believed” it, you RESTED in it! As ordered!( Heb.3 and 4 )......” Resting” in the Gospel Of Pure Grace means that you NEVER Add to it—— “ Additions” such as Church attendance, tithing , repenting of all of your sins before you die, the total avoidance of “ willful sins”, keeping the Commandments and being water baptized ....

For Salvation it’s NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD —— That Thinking is exemplified in the Gospel Of 1. Cor15:1-4.......and that Gospel is ALL about what God has done for Lost, Sinful men—- NOT what man has done for God.....If you think you “Earned” your Salvation by being Baptized, you are in serious trouble....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or is the Gay movement still completing it's evolution?

I Don’t Know Anything about that “ Gay Movement” .....it’s probably “ Your” area of Expertise, seeing as to how YOU mentioned it....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because the saints of Corinth were already baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins and the epistle of the Corinthians was written to affirm their faith, not to debunk Acts.

Do you know what an epistle is?

Yes....do YOU know what “ Willful Ignorance” and “ Stiff- Necked” Mean ?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10 trumps Acts 2:38?

You teach verses trump each other?

No such thing as harmonizing scripture?

Not really “ trumping”..... it just confirms that if water baptism “ IS” everything you make it out to be ,
God will see that it comes to pass....He made the Promise to “ save” if merely “ asked” ....the Onus is upon HIM to see that everything that is required for Salvation comes to pass...I simply Trust God to keep His Word ....That is what Faith is and THAT is what ultimately Saves.....I got mine....how about you ? I Trust God....You Trust Water ....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they didnt . you take a verse out of context . Just to support DISOBEDIANCE to CHRIST . You will pay dearly BB
for doing things like this . AND you know I LOVE you my friend .
There is no need for excess my friend . If you notice you can rightly divide scripture by taking a look at all scripture BB .
Those who had much sold so that those who did lack would not lack . Simple .
Now stop trying to feel secure about twisting things JESUS taught . PS since we are on that note
Let no man , woman , child , not even your pets enter into covenant with That HARLOT that sits atop ROME .
I have seen what wild eyed lost preachers try and do to make it seem like we do not need to obey CHRIST
they come along and they bring a few scrips , taken out of text to give excuse for disobedance . AND FOLKS JSUT SUP IT UP and LOVE IT .

Your claim was not worth mentioning .....it went without Saying—- OF COURSE the poor did not have to donate ! They HAD nothing to donate!

And if you think after all of this time, that my purpose in life is to Purposely support Disobedience to Christ , you are Blinder than ANY catholic that I have ever met.....we may disagree at times, but to make the accusation that you made about me is something you should be ashamed of....if you Really believe that accusation, you are Stupid—- and I Know you ain’t Stupid. So you tell me....what gives?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , they claim to do such things . But just like even the pharisees and priests did , THEY DONT really teach
the whole rightly divided truth . And the more folks wont read the bible FOR THEMSELVES , GUESS who they gonna sit under
MEN WHO TWIST IT . MY advice stands . OPEN BIBLE and read it for YOU and stop reading it through the lens of some mans intepreptations
and theologies . You would truly be amazed at how fast things could be cleared up an how truly SIMPLE the walk with CHRIST IS .
MEN have made everything complicated though their own interpretations which served THEIR OWN PIPE DREAMS for whatever
they lusted after . Bottom line . UP with the bible , READ BIBLE , FEAST ON BIBLE , STAY IN PRAYER
AND GOD WILL GIVE US THE RIGHT INTERPRETATION TO THE TRUTH HE HIMSELF INSPIRED .

If what you say is true, why did God mention the “ gifts” he gave us ....one of which is “ gifted” God - Called Teachers and Preachers——do you think that they are not out there inspiring and Educating and building up the “ Body Of Christ” .....

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It goes way beyond “ Boring” .....like ALL “ One Note Charlie’s” His insight and intelligence are very Limited....

I don't know if he's a troll or just "lost". He goes on and on obsessively about one single verse in the Bible, as thought it alone contains the entire truth. I agree, it goes way beyond boring.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if he's a troll or just "lost". He goes on and on obsessively about one single verse in the Bible, as thought it alone contains the entire truth. I agree, it goes way beyond boring.

Of course, but remember the positive part about all of this that I mentioned earlier—- look at all the Great , Biblical Truths That we getting out there for the Newbies in the Audience that hopefully have not been Ruined yet by Poorly- Taught and Confused guys like “ Truther” and his ilk.....He unwittingly makes a great “ Springboard” for getting the Truth Of The Gospel Of Grace out there for many to see .....We actually need to “ thank” him for what he allows us to accomplish here....he thinks that I talk to him but in reality it’s like he doesn’t exist and I just talk “ past” him for the benefit of others....

So, keep up the good work, Truther ! You unintentionally serve a good purpose in these Forums, in spite of your Bible Ignorance! Thanks for being our great “ Springboard” .....Is there anything other than Acts2 that you can show your Confusion on? It’s really time to move on.....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim was not worth mentioning .....it went without Saying—- OF COURSE the poor did not have to donate ! They HAD nothing to donate!

And if you think after all of this time, that my purpose in life is to Purposely support Disobedience to Christ , you are Blinder than ANY catholic that I have ever met.....we may disagree at times, but to make the accusation that you made about me is something you should be ashamed of....if you Really believe that accusation, you are Stupid—- and I Know you ain’t Stupid. So you tell me....what gives?
What gives is that you should be encouraging folks to read that bible for themselves .
People act like reading the bible is dangerous . Just cause many folks twist stuff that has nothing to do with the reading of the bible
nor does it imply we ought not to learn it for ourselves . Many folks are wrong from the start in the LORD .
Its no wonder they cant truly learn the bible . But this is no way means we ought to call it a dangerous book .
No , the danger belongs to the soul who never submitted to Christ in the first place cause they are the ones who twisted it
and worse you have many leaders using the bad examples of said men to make it seem like we ourselves cannot read it for ourselves
We dont need wise scholars to give us understanding . Truth is most scholars these days are long tanked .
They are the ones who twist the bible and make it so complicated that it is no wonder anyone can read it for themselves
after having it so twisted . THEY make it SEEM so hard to grasp it , WHEN IN TRUTH they just come in
to deceive people . IF one truly has Christ , rest assured they could have read and learned the truth for themselves .
But men try and make it seem so hard . For obvious reasons BB , THIS was all about power and control .
JUST like ROME DID . DIDNT think the people should read it for themselves . WHY
cause they wanted the power and the control . I SAY TO HECK with all that . Let us simply read it FOR OURSELVES .
GOD is with the lambs HE will give us as we need to know on the very book , the very scriptures HE himself inspired .
TOO many men are under agendas and while they are capable of teaching some truths , THEY SIMPLY DONT even KNOW the TRUTH
and dont teach it as it ought to be taught . ITS sad , but its true BB . And now allow me some parting words for this evening .
LET US OPEN BIBLES and read them for ourselves. TRUSTING IN THE LORD to guide us .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What gives is that you should be encouraging folks to read that bible for themselves .
People act like reading the bible is dangerous . Just cause many folks twist stuff that has nothing to do with the reading of the bible
nor does it imply we ought not to learn it for ourselves . Many folks are wrong from the start in the LORD .
Its no wonder they cant truly learn the bible . But this is no way means we ought to call it a dangerous book .
No , the danger belongs to the soul who never submitted to Christ in the first place cause they are the ones who twisted it
and worse you have many leaders using the bad examples of said men to make it seem like we ourselves cannot read it for ourselves
We dont need wise scholars to give us understanding . Truth is most scholars these days are long tanked .
They are the ones who twist the bible and make it so complicated that it is no wonder anyone can read it for themselves
after having it so twisted . THEY make it SEEM so hard to grasp it , WHEN IN TRUTH they just come in
to deceive people . IF one truly has Christ , rest assured they could have read and learned the truth for themselves .
But men try and make it seem so hard . For obvious reasons BB , THIS was all about power and control .
JUST like ROME DID . DIDNT think the people should read it for themselves . WHY
cause they wanted the power and the control . I SAY TO HECK with all that . Let us simply read it FOR OURSELVES .
GOD is with the lambs HE will give us as we need to know on the very book , the very scriptures HE himself inspired .
TOO many men are under agendas and while they are capable of teaching some truths , THEY SIMPLY DONT even KNOW the TRUTH
and dont teach it as it ought to be taught . ITS sad , but its true BB . And now allow me some parting words for this evening .
LET US OPEN BIBLES and read them for ourselves. TRUSTING IN THE LORD to guide us .

I don’t listen to ANYBODY that makes things complicated.....you know what my “doctrine” is —- it’s the same as it has always been—- “ NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD of JESUS” or “ JESUS SAVES.PERIOD! “
How “ Complicated is THAT”

That is the Culmination Of 40 years of Bible Study where I first read the Bible for Myself and then asked God to Guide me to His “ God - Called “ as opposed to “ SELF- Called” Teachers....

And you think that my beliefs are Too Complicated because False Teachers have mislead me over the years? You think that I have been ruined over the years because I DARED to not only Read the Bible for myself , but listened to Great Teachers like Vernon McGee and Oliver Greene, etc—— Many God - Gifted Teachers are out there and and God PUT Them out there to help us....Many Verses Of Scripture are difficult to understand and seem to be contradictory to one another ....Poor Teaching by Jack - Ass Teachers that are SELF CHOSEN as opposed to * GOD* Chosen is the #1 Problem with the Church....There are men out there that know and understand the Bible 20 times better than you and I and if you exclude them , especially when it comes to “ Untwisting” Scriptures ,you are denying that God Sent people to help us understand His Word.....

I will state again that the Bible can be a Dangerous Book....If you don’t think that is true, go talk to a Catholic Or a Jehovah’s Witness That is reading the very same Bible that you and I do ! They need help and God Blessed Teachers are out there to help them , yet you tell them to just keep their nose in a Bible they cant “ Rightly Divide” ...

Are you telling me that everything you believe came from 100% Lone study ? You never sat in a Church Pew or went to Sunday School ? God tells us to “ Prove Ourselves to be good STUDENTS of the Word!” What kind of “ student” can't use a Good Teacher? God knows we NEEd them or why on Earth did He SEND them?

Using “Your” reasoning, ol’ BB should be the victim of Teachers that Lied and over complicated the Bible.....as I say, the Following is my “ false and over complicated” Doctrine that I have because I took my nose out of the Bible and turned to others for help in my understanding....The Following is my “ Ruination” —- I say “ Jesus Saves. Period. No “ BUTS” attached! “ .....I also say “ NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD” for Salvation ! NOTHING !

Please tell me how that is so “ Complicated” and then tell me what problems you have with that “Doctrine” that came about by Bible Study On my own PLUS the Able teaching of God Sent Men.....Specifically—— What did I get wrong?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post are boring, not the epistles (or any part of the Bible). You go on and on and on and on about one verse in Acts. That is what is boring!!!
Obey Acts 2:38 Jim.

Do your yawning AFTER you obey it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your obsession with Acts 2:38 is BORING!!!
Acts 2:38 is BORING?

I can see you as the spokesman for the 3000 at pentecost with Peter...

• 37 Now when JIM heard this, HE WAS pricked in HIS heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

39 THEN JIM SAID, AFTER I TAKE A NAP. PETER IS SO BORING.:)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So not agreeing with your misinterpretation of a particular verse in scripture = skipping an entire book of the Bible where that verse is found. Got it. Do you realize how ridiculous and childish that sounds?
If you skip Acts 2:38, you toss out the entire book by default.

That is very scary, Dan. I wish it was only a childish act to God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan, I hope you and yours are having a great weekend!
The remark that @Truther related, came from reply post #682 -- whereby JimB stated the following...

"Just more of your one-track nonsense.
BTW, quoting from Mark 16 is a dubious practice. It is not considered to be a valid part of the Gospel of Mark, but a later addition. Have fun playing with your snakes!"

And Truther replied...

I'm just bringing you up to speed on that origin. Again, have a great weekend!
Actually, the best way to skip Acts is to first skip Mark.

Mark 16:16 proves Acts 2:38 is salvational.

Special scholars have been invented in modern times to refute the end of Mark as a forgery.

Very crafty indeed.

All because of Acts 2:38.