Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said baptism is not salvational.

Peter said it is for the remission of sins.

Therefore you teach remission of sins is not salvational.

You get an F on the scripture test today.
The term translated "for" does always mean in order to receive, this is a fallacy of seing the word for and assuming it always means in order to get. When it not only does not mean that in the greek (eis) but it does not mean it in english

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah

I just want to do what the tax collector did and get on my knees, And cry out to God to show mercy on me a sinner, out of becoming Bankrupt in spirit. And let God save me through the washing (baptism) and renewal (new birth) of the holy spirit.

Then after all of this. I want to do what God wants me to do Including allowing myself to be baptized in water in my profession of faith that I have received remission of sin based on What God did. Not what I did.

Sadly, I fear many want to get in Gods way and hold God to wait until some man baptizes you in water before God can have the ability to save you.
That was pre Pentecost.

You are OT.

You don't even need the Holy Ghost my OT freind.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is exact opposite of what Peter said.

Now, here is what Peter REALLY said...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Funny how you cannot post the actual verse like I can.

Why?
Nope. Peter did not say this, Thats your english interpretation of what Peter said. The greek does not allow for that.

In the greek Peter told EVERYONE to repent and they will recieve the gift of the spirit (2nd person plural)

He told certain induviduals to be baptized, for the remission of sin (3rd person singular)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term translated "for" does always mean in order to receive, this is a fallacy of seing the word for and assuming it always means in order to get. When it not only does not mean that in the greek (eis) but it does not mean it in english
This is backwards?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

....says who?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was pre Pentecost.

You are OT.

You don't even need the Holy Ghost my OT freind.
Salvation has been by grace through faith since the beginning of time. Jesus who is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. did not make it harder for the NT people to be saved by adding water baptism. thats a little silly if you ask me

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Peter did not say this, Thats your english interpretation of what Peter said. The greek does not allow for that.

In the greek Peter told EVERYONE to repent and they will recieve the gift of the spirit (2nd person plural)

He told certain induviduals to be baptized, for the remission of sin (3rd person singular)
Why is this...

in the Bible, and not what you said?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is backwards?...

....says who?
again, FOR does not always mean in order to recieve, Not in scripture or in english

So to claim it MUST mean in order to recieve, Y9u have to show in other areas where that is true?

I am redeemed by the blood. Not by water baptism. You want to try to redeem yourself in water, Feel free.. Me? God immersed me in the blood.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation has been by grace through faith since the beginning of time. Jesus who is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. did not make it harder for the NT people to be saved by adding water baptism. thats a little silly if you ask me
Acts 2:38 is not Grace?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is this...

in the Bible, and not what you said?
dude you can read me every english interpretation you want.

The greek does not say what the english says. The KJV 1600 is the only one which even comes close. When it says repent YE (plural) and let everyone of you (singular)

Your argument is with Luke, who wrote the words. Not me

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again, FOR does not always mean in order to recieve, Not in scripture or in english

So to claim it MUST mean in order to recieve, Y9u have to show in other areas where that is true?

I am redeemed by the blood. Not by water baptism. You want to try to redeem yourself in water, Feel free.. Me? God immersed me in the blood.
So, if you were the OT priest, you would offer the sacrifice but skip the brazen laver(representing water baptism) and walk into the Holy of Holies all dirty?

You are brave.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is not Grace?
If your required to do tje work of baptism. You can boast. So not is is not of grace the way you interpret it.

Now, acts 2 interpreted correctly is grace. People who saved by repentance and faith, And as Luke said, Those who believed (given eternal life because they believed) were baptized for (an account of) remission of sin which they recieved

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dude you can read me every english interpretation you want.

The greek does not say what the english says. The KJV 1600 is the only one which even comes close. When it says repent YE (plural) and let everyone of you (singular)

Your argument is with Luke, who wrote the words. Not me
You not only attacked this...

....but, also the translators.

JW's do that too.

Clever.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if you were the OT priest, you would offer the sacrifice but skip the brazen laver(representing water baptism) and walk into the Holy of Holies all dirty?

You are brave.
Nope. I never said this at all. No your reverting to bearing false witness. I got ya on the run I see

No one was able to enter the presence of God unless GOD WASHED THEM.

I was saved by the washing and renewal of the spirit. Not my pastor.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your required to do tje work of baptism. You can boast. So not is is not of grace the way you interpret it.

Now, acts 2 interpreted correctly is grace. People who saved by repentance and faith, And as Luke said, Those who believed (given eternal life because they believed) were baptized for (an account of) remission of sin which they recieved
Is this grace or not...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You not only attacked this...

....but, also the translators.

JW's do that too.

Clever.
Translators are not inspired.

The greek was

So was Luke

again, You can not look at the greek and translat it that way

It would be like saying all of you repent, and let THEM be baptized.

That makes no sense

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this grace or not...

No, salvation by water baptism is not Grace, It is works. It is no different than claiming a person in the OT could not be saved unless they were circumcized. Paul called it works, even though it was not done by You. Because it was done to receive salvation.

Paul said I have been spiritually circumcised by the hand of God through baptism in the working of God who raised him from the dead. (the HS)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. I never said this at all. No your reverting to bearing false witness. I got ya on the run I see

No one was able to enter the presence of God unless GOD WASHED THEM.

I was saved by the washing and renewal of the spirit. Not my pastor.
The brazen laver had a command attached to it....was at the laver that ye die not....

Baptism has a command to it....He that believeth AND IS baptized shall be saved, ...

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Think hard about it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Translators are not inspired.

The greek was

So was Luke

again, You can not look at the greek and translat it that way

It would be like saying all of you repent, and let THEM be baptized.

That makes no sense
The translators of 400 years ago were not qualified to translate the ancient Greek, but only Strongs?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, salvation by water baptism is not Grace, It is works. It is no different than claiming a person in the OT could not be saved unless they were circumcized. Paul called it works, even though it was not done by You. Because it was done to receive salvation.

Paul said I have been spiritually circumcised by the hand of God through baptism in the working of God who raised him from the dead. (the HS)
The highlighted is not grace?...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have just provided evidence that most folks in general refute Peter per Acts 2:38.

Why, I cannot imagine.

On my death bed, I will have faith in the name of Jesus to remit my sins.

Anti- Acts 2:38ers will have faith in their faith.