Adam and Eve and Their Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1 talks of trees and of Adam and Eve being the only people.

You have no biblical authority to say the trees were people.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:

They weren't just 2 people, it was the different races of people who God, with input of Angels, created. Then told these people to go into the world and replenish it.

In Gen 2 God created his people, Adam and Eve. The rest of the bible is about God and his people.

Why does the bible call them tree, the only thing I can think of is the family tree which which would relate to our own family tree.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words are singular he created one man and one women as Paul makes crystal clear for in Adam All sinned.
If there were other people alive in Adams day then all humanity cannot be fallen.

It does not call them a tree or trees.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Which one is right? Explain it if you don't believe both.
God created male and female and told them to go into all the earth.
created - go into all the world

God formed man and put him in a garden.
formed - placed in a garden

I believe both are right!

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words are singular he created one man and one women as Paul makes crystal clear for in Adam All sinned.
If there were other people alive in Adams day then all humanity cannot be fallen.

It does not call them a tree or trees.
Jdg_9:8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.
Jdg_9:9 But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg_9:10 And the trees said to the fig tree, Come thou, and reign over us.
Jdg_9:11 But the fig tree said unto them, Should I forsake my sweetness, and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg_9:12 Then said the trees unto the vine, Come thou, and reign over us.
Jdg_9:13 And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg_9:14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.
Jdg_9:15 And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each tree were people God had created in Gen 1 but the tree of good and evil was the only one with the devil.
So they could have sex with all those people whenever they wanted??? Whatever

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jdg_9:8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.
Jdg_9:9 But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg_9:11 But the fig tree said unto them, Should I forsake my sweetness, and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg_9:13 And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
Jdg_9:14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.
Jdg_9:15 And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.

Fellow, it is pure supposition to use a passage like this to teach that the two trees in the garden were actually people. The Book of Judges explains very clearly WHO these people were who were being referred to in the parable. It was Othniel, Ehud, Gideon and Abimelech. There is no such specification in the Genesis account regarding the two "people" the two trees supposedly were.

You are making this up, and fabricating a theology out of thin air.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fellow, it is pure supposition to use a passage like this to teach that the two trees in the garden were actually people. The Book of Judges explains very clearly WHO these people were who were being referred to in the parable. It was Othniel, Ehud, Gideon and Abimelech. There is no such specification in the Genesis account regarding the two "people" the two trees supposedly were.

You are making this up, and fabricating a theology out of thin air.
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
This scripture means Eve gave birth to a baby whose father was the devil.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

No, fellow. This is merely an expression to say Cain was a son of the wicked one spiritually. Do you think when the scripture calls us "sons of God" that it is saying the Most High God literally came down and inseminated our mothers in the flesh, and that this is how we became sons and daughters of God?

If so, you are teaching an extremely perverted gospel, though I am hoping this is just a misinterpretation on your part. But you are taking the expression way too far.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Refers to his behavior not his daddy

do the Jews have the spiritual mark of Cain for killing their brother?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

To illustrate your folly, Jesus called himself a door. Do you believe that Jesus is a series of wooden planks fastened together to form a door, or is it like the passage in judges you quote merely an illustration.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Refers to his behavior not his daddy

do the Jews have the spiritual mark of Cain for killing their brother?
They have their mark and it is not a spiritual mark. Look at their nose.