Afraid of Losing My Faith In God :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again 1.2 billion catholics are not taught to read the bible everyday, that said I do not put down those who see the need to.
YOU are the one who should be seeking, as you yourself will be held responsible for your own lack of truly seeking and knowing Him. I was born and raised Catholic. I did not learn a thing, even in "religious instructions". It was not until later in life that by seeking Him through His word that I finally understood, BECAUSE all I wanted was Truth. And, He has shown me, finally Amen.

Who cares what other denominations do...you cannot hang onto their coattails thinking all's just grand with you and The Lord. I pray for you.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU are the one who should be seeking, as you yourself will be held responsible for your own lack of truly seeking and knowing Him. I was born and raised Catholic. I did not learn a thing, even in "religious instructions". It was not until later in life that by seeking Him through His word that I finally understood, BECAUSE all I wanted was Truth. And, He has shown me, finally Amen.

Who cares what other denominations do...you cannot hang onto their coattails thinking all's just grand with you and The Lord. I pray for you.
I was married by my Uncle who was a priest, his sister a nun was at the wedding. We did not recite bible verses

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH SISTER that was GORGEOUS . I was typing that same thing . SPOT ON RIGHT SISTER . WE STICKING TO THE JESUS in that BIBLE

For sure brother. He always shows us the Truth when and if our hearts are softened and our minds open to receive His Words. It's all in the "faith"!! Amen! ... submission, obedience and willing hearts is what He can use. Not a closed and ignorant mind always thinking in worldly terms which, goes against everything Christ stands for.
Amen bro!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your point would be?
Its clear what his point is . I see animosity towards the bible . Though i doubt he will admit that .
But its very clear . I have watched some of the things this one has said .
I see an animosity towards the bible in this one . probably because he or she is in a sin that the bibles calls a sin .
An example , if i were gay , i would not really love that bible . I would need another image of GOD , one that accepts my sin
and tells me all is well . MANY do this . They go to whatever image of JESUS will accept their sin and let them feel comfortable in it .
Not lambs . GOD has changed our heart . we now call good what he calls good and what he calls evil we call evil .
But this is not so with the world . The world and wordly will find whatever God will serve their flesh .
AKA in truth they serve one god , the god of self and satan rules that kind of life .

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its clear what his point is . I see animosity towards the bible . Though i doubt he will admit that .
But its very clear . I have watched some of the things this one has said .
I see an animosity towards the bible in this one . probably because he or she is in a sin that the bibles calls a sin .
An example , if i were gay , i would not really love that bible . I would need another image of GOD , one that accepts my sin
and tells me all is well . MANY do this . They go to whatever image of JESUS will accept their sin and let them feel comfortable in it .
Not lambs . GOD has changed our heart . we now call good what he calls good and what he calls evil we call evil .
But this is not so with the world . The world and wordly will find whatever God will serve their flesh .
AKA in truth they serve one god , the god of self and satan rules that kind of life .
Would I be a better christian if I copied and pasted bible verses to here?

How does that work exactly, not that I can't do it because I build computers but how would pasting stuff make me a better person?

Answer. IT DOES NOT

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your point would be?
What does this mean? Really I need help explaining smashing babies

Psalm 137:9

“Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

New International Version
Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New Living Translation
Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

English Standard Version
Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

Berean Study Bible
Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

King James Bible
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

New King James Version
Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!

New American Standard Bible
Blessed will be one who seizes and dashes your children Against the rock.

NASB 1995
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.

NASB 1977
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.

Amplified Bible

Christian Standard Bible
Happy is he who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rocks.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Happy is he who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rocks.

American Standard Version
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones Against the rock.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
Blessed shall he be who shall seize and dash thine infants against the rock.

Contemporary English Version
May the Lord bless everyone who beats your children against the rocks!

Douay-Rheims Bible
Blessed be he that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock.

English Revised Version
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock.

Good News Translation
who take your babies and smash them against a rock.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them against a rock.

International Standard Version
How blessed will be the one who seizes your young children and pulverizes them against the cliff!

JPS Tanakh 1917
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones Against the rock.

Literal Standard Version
O the blessedness of him who seizes, and has dashed your sucklings on the rock!

NET Bible
How blessed will be the one who grabs your babies and smashes them on a rock!

New Heart English Bible
Blessed shall he be who takes and dashes your little ones against the rock.

World English Bible
Happy shall he be, who takes and dashes your little ones against the rock. By David.

Young's Literal Translation
O the happiness of him who doth seize, And hath dashed thy sucklings on the rock!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i told ya nancy . I SEE ANIMOSITY against the bible in this one . His fruits are showing .
I need help with these too

Leviticus 19:19

19 “‘Keep my decrees.

“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.

“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Leviticus 19:27

27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is almost no sight more sickening than to see the Democrats with their tails up, the likes of Pelosi and Schumer. But the church survived 8 years of Obama and 8 years of Clinton.

Hey I was rooting for Trumpy before most Republicans were, I listened to what he was saying ... and I'm British, but I knew he wouldn't make it this time and I'm very sorry. The thing to watch is what the Biden administration does about Israel. ... and Iran.
Wars will kick off everywhere now with Biden in charge as he is a fool.
Trump did the best thing for Israel's future, the Biden mob were all supporting a situation that would only keep hostility's flourishing for many years to come. Trump knew how to deal with such things for the best outcomes for all.

Biden and co are irrational and pathetic and their ideals are that of a spoilt brat.

Reactions: historyb