Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take your point indeed; thanks; at the same time we can't get away from the language of Scripture itself, as mentioned in the contexts elaborated.
I worded it like I did because the "language of scripture" is interpreted differently by different people for most any verse that anyone regularly quotes. When two or more are in conflict the only fair and final arbiter is God Himself. When people say on here they agree to disagree, that may halt the argument of the moment, but it does not solve it to the satisfaction of every man.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Josho PS: If the poll had been specifically about boys'/men's ear piercing, I reckon the average age would be higher, right?

(Leaving aside whether you would ever have considered it, I reckon you would in theory have only considered it when older than when a lot of girls typically have it done.)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho PS: If the poll had been specifically about boys'/men's ear piercing, I reckon the average age would be higher, right?

(Leaving aside whether you would ever have considered it, I reckon you would in theory have only considered it when older than when a lot of girls typically have it done.)

Oh yeah, I think definitely higher for boys.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh yeah, I think definitely higher for boys.
@Josho I don't know about Australia but in North America also it's also customary for boys - when they have it done - to do both ears, even though when boys did it years ago it started off mainly being one ear only.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jay Ross Important comment about allergies and infections; thank-you. One can bear in mind also that in North America a huge proportion of preachers' wives, not to mention members of the their congregations, would not unusually wear earrings.
And possibly a sizable portion of American pastors' wives have committed adultery, and likely the pastors themselves, and their children also partaken if premarital sex.
I take your point indeed; thanks; at the same time we can't get away from the language of Scripture itself, as mentioned in the contexts elaborated.
Your citing of scripture to justify the following and practice of worldly fashion by Christians lies flatter than roadkill and likely twice as messy. It must be over 20 threads now on this forum that you have extolled the virtues of ear rings, tattoos, cosmetics, "Christian" rock, and fashionable dress.
I may get into trouble for saying this, but it needs to be said. I'm calling you out. Your constant promoting and extolling the fashions and practices of the world among God's people reminds me of Balaam giving Balak counsel to induce the Israelite men to bring pagan women into the camp. You are no different. I do not see you encouraging God's people to holiness, but quite the opposite. I do not see any of this as harmless, regardless of how popular it is. Premarital sex is also popular.
What saddens me is the number of members here who seem for the most part to be going along with and agreeing with your promotional threads. Personally I think it needs to stop for it has no place on a Christian forum... But hey, I'm not a moderator and have no say or input into forum policy. So I guess this is a far as this will go, but I have now vented.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group So maybe if you tell us what it is, it could even be included into the poll as an extra poll response?

Haha . . . very cool. How about "None of the Above," or, "It Does Not Matter."

I only offer this in the same light as Paul discusses New Moons and Festivals.

Colossians 2:16-17 NLT - "So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality."

As you know, I relate nearly all Biblical matters to the Doctrine of Circumcision of the Heart. I say this because I believe that this is the greatest event that a person could ever hope for, the lifting of the Curse of Adam and Eve. Beyond that, nothing else really matters. I hope this makes sense! :)