Agnostic at heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So...you think everyone knows everything or nothing equally all at the same time, and yet you are somehow unique and have not said enough to make yourself known to anyone who has a clue? That's nonsense. You are avoiding the obvious:

You are at a loss, but making out like you know everything.

That's not honest. Why are you not asking questions...and listening?
THAT'S NOT TRUE, well maybe a little.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THAT'S NOT TRUE, well maybe a little.
Well...let's get to it. The clock has been ticking for millennia.

There is only one vein of truth that has cohesively been revealed and handed down through every generation since the beginning of time, one established by prophecy, eyewitnesses, and miracles, and supported by the common practice of the establishment of facts according to God and man. There is no other, no actual comparison. History is His story.

But you should understand (and it is obvious, and okay, that you do not), that we are not talking about a system of "beliefs", but rather of "knowledge." The truth is not in question, but merely questioned by those who do not know it. As I have already explained:
If you were born into a large room where no one had ever been outside or seen outside, no one inside could prove the existence of God, not scientists, not scholars, no one. In this same way the only way anyone can have proof or knowledge of God's existence, is if the information comes from the outside in (so to speak). That is what the Bible is. It is a written record and the witness of many who have heard directly from God, who know for certain of His existence.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So you created life?
I'm glad to see you're having fun and dodging any actual conversation.

It's not lost on me, don't worry.
Sorry, sorry, I am stuck in a bad housing situation and it's causing me a great deal of grief. I was just being comical for a bit, sorry again.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, sorry, I am stuck in a bad housing situation and it's causing me a great deal of grief. I was just being comical for a bit, sorry again.

No problem. I don't really mind at all.
I will pray for you and your housing situation.

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No problem. I don't really mind at all.
I will pray for you and your housing situation.
Nothing would make feel better right now to ask Jesus to help me, but in doing that in these certain circumstances never helps.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing would make feel better right now to ask Jesus to help me, but doing that in any certain circumstances like this never helps.

If nothing else speaking to Christ helps the Christian's soul. Christ can and does remove the emotional and mental stress from our lives if we truly trust in Him and His promises. Just another benefit of knowing the King of Kings

FatalMoves

Feb 9, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
If nothing else speaking to Christ helps the Christian's soul. Christ can and does remove the emotional and mental stress from our lives if we truly trust in Him and His promises. Just another benefit of knowing the King of Kings
Okay.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, seems like an anti-example?
Yes! But they also have their purpose for us. Jesus shows us the very perfect way to live, but for all of us it is what we, [in our flesh] might call impossible. Then we look at the example of someone like David to see what more likely possibilities might be. David missed the best way more than once, but ultimately it seems that he did please God. So can we... even though we stumble and even though we may fall along the way.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no way of anything, we are all in the same spot. You can't think that reason and logic does not apply when validating truth claims. You're suggesting I turn off my thinking brain (Which was given to me) to decide what's real or not.
Unfortunately, what people have decided is real may not be. How accurate are the five carnal senses? How accurate is the reasoning process of our brains? Do we presume that those things perceived by the five senses and a supposedly rational mind are correct? Why?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes! But they also have their purpose for us. Jesus shows us the very perfect way to live, but for all of us it is what we, [in our flesh] might call impossible. Then we look at the example of someone like David to see what more likely possibilities might be. David missed the best way more than once, but ultimately it seems that he did please God. So can we... even though we stumble and even though we may fall along the way.
For this I like to point out that Jesus broke pretty much every ordinance and was deemed a sinner by many, even though He did not break any Commandments, but rather honored them over the ordinances. So iow an exact representation of us, how we believe ourselves to really be, at heart? The incident of supposedly claiming to be God is pivotal here imo, but i don't think we could get into that here