All the fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Incarnation is indeed a glorious truth! :)
Is that right farouk, then let me see you glorify God through it, ....without putting your foot in your mouth, or ultimately pleading ignorance.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"God of God,
Light of light,
Lo, He abhors not the virgin's womb.
Verily God, begotten, not created,
O come let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord!"

This is an eminently Scriptural sentiment! :)
Why the heck don't you actually try quoting Scripture, before you make such a blasphemous claim like you just did. Your first three sentences, out of five, are not anywhere in Scripture, and are actually contradictory to Scripture.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justbyfaith said that the NWT translates the greek word theo'tes as Divine Quality because it's biased of the Trinity. However those who believe in the Trinity are just as biased.

The KJV at Colossians 2:9 this greek word "theo'tes," is translateed as Godhead but modern Bibles such as the NWT translate this greek word as “divine quality” instead of Godhead and this is the only use of the word in the Christian Greek Scriptures. The same is true of a similar Greek word, theio'tes which appears only at Romans 1:20, and which the NWT there renders “Godship,” and the KJV translates "Godhead," in the NWT it translate as follows: “For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.” what is the context of this scripture Roman 1:20? Isn't it talking about those who don't believe in the true God his Godship are inexcusable.

In the context of Colossians 2:9 is basis for translating these words either as “Deity,” “Divinity” or “Godhead” and so attributing personality to them, or as “Divine Nature,” “divine quality,” “Godship,” and having them merely denote qualities. So those who believe in the trinity will attach personality to these words, whereas those who do not will render them as qualities in view of the way God and Christ are described in the scriptures and so as to harmonize the words with the rest of God’s Word. This emphasizes the fact that one simply cannot properly and accurately translate the Bible unless one clearly understands its teachings.

Parkhurst’s A Greek and English Lexicon (1845) defines the greek word theio'tes as “Godhead” (page 261) and theótes as “Deity, godhead, divine nature” (page 264). Note the definition “divine nature” as well as “Godhead.”

Liddell and Scott’s A Greek-English Lexicon, in its new ninth edition, completed in 1940 and reprinted in 1948, Volume I, defines the two terms in the light of ancient usages apart from the Scriptures. Theio'tes it defines as “divine nature, divinity” (page 788). Theótes it defines in exactly the same way, as “divinity, divine nature,” and then cites as an example Colossians 2:9.

So the NWT is fully justified in rendering Colossians 2:9 to show that Christ has in him all the fullness, not of God himself, the Deity, or the Godhead, but of the divine quality dwelling bodily, and this in behalf of the spiritual body of Christ, so that this body of Christ’s followers is possessed of a fullness by means of him: “It is in [Christ] that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily. And so you [Christians] are possessed of a fullness by means of him, who is the head of all government and authority.”—Col. 2:9, 10.

Admittedly, not everyone offers the same interpretation of Colossians 2:9. But what is in agreement with the rest of the inspired letter to the Colossians? Did Christ have in himself something that is his because he is God, part of a Trinity? Or is “the fullness” that dwells in him something that became his because of the decision of someone else? Like it says at Colossians 1:19 (KJ, Dy) which says that all fullness dwelt in Christ because it “pleased the Father” for this to be the case. NE Bible says it was “by God’s own choice.”

When it comes to the True God no one gave Divine Nature/Divine Quality to him. The True God has always had Divine Nature or Divine Quality. So the fact that the True God gave his Only Begotten Son Divine Nature or Divine Quality is proof yet again that the scriptures are correct in calling Jesus not God but the Son of God.

Reactions: DNB

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justbyfaith said that the NWT translates the greek word theo'tes as Divine Quality because it's biased of the Trinity. However those who believe in the Trinity are just as biased.
Not one person on the NWT committee was a linguistic expert or had a degree in biblical languages. So much for you translation that is not the word of God. The house built upon sand.

hope this helps !!!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Exactly !
@Christophany In the CIA, ppl speak of intelligence fabricating; in other words, gearing the presentation of alleged facts along lines that the would be asset thinks the CIA handler wants to hear. In a written form, what the editors of the NWT have introduced into their edition of the NT seems to be precisely in order to defend and promote their own ideas.

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well good then - as you were calling the Trinity Doctrine .. and the Logos Doctrine of John Gnosis - and didn't know it.
No, I was calling something else gnosticism...the concept of emanations from the Godhead, and the concept of a demiurge.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Chosen ones are strictly Sola Fide .. hard when there is no clear path .. which one to choose ?

The way to life is narrow and few there be that find it...so I would take the road less traveled by.

Yes I understand you call God a liar when it says at 1 Corinthians 15:45 Jesus was made a life giving Spirit when resurrected. You say this is a lie.

Jesus was made a life-giving Spirit in Luke 23:46...

That He is come in the flesh is standard and sound doctrine for anyone who does not want to be considered to have the spirit of antichrist (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV at Colossians 2:9 this greek word "theo'tes," is translateed as Godhead but modern Bibles such as the NWT translate this greek word as “divine quality” instead of Godhead and this is the only use of the word in the Christian Greek Scriptures.
I have 38 English translations. I didn't see even one that says "divine quality". You said "Bibles" as in PLURAL right?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well FH, I agree with absolutely everything that you stated above. I believe that there is only one mediator between God and man, that is, only one way towards salvation - the 250% man, Jesus Christ. The King of Kings, Lord of Lords, first-born of creation, and the first-born from the dead.
And I vehemently denounce any notion whatsoever that Jesus is God, or that there is any other God in all the universe other than God the Father.
This sounds like moving chairs around, to me a distraction to the main issue how sinners become saints.

Love set free in the heart of a follower of Jesus. Jesus's gospel centres on this and how we take the blows and bless in response......

In essence this is only possible through knowing Jesus and following.

In my adventures on forums only the elect respond in joy and praise at this. God bless you

Reactions: Waiting on him

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The way to life is narrow and few there be that find it...so I would take the road less traveled by..

And that would not be Sola Fide .. that is the easy path which many have found. Being a subordinatist - that is the narrow gate. Following the Teachings of Jesus .. that is the narrow gate that not many have found .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Man has no hope nor faith, if all that God has done to date is to have raised Himself from the grave, not a being after our own genus.
Christ cannot be a mediator between God and man, when he is God.

It is self-contradictory to say, <...if all that God has done to date is to have raised Himself from the grave, not a being after our own genus ... man has no hope nor faith>-- from which now it is 100% obvious and logical that when or if He is NOT God, Christ cannot be a mediator between God and man.

Therefore the Mediator between God and man is the God-Man Jesus who died, was buried and rose from the dead again to be Mediator between God and us, men.

Last edited:

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, I was calling something else gnosticism...the concept of emanations from the Godhead, and the concept of a demiurge.

What is a demiurge ? I don't know what this is in any detail and quite sure you don't either.

Regardless - what are the 3 distinct persons of Christ if not "emanations from the godhead" What is the "Holy Spirit" if not an emanation from the Godhead.

Just because Gnostism and the Trinity use the same terminology at times - and have ideas that are similar .. does not make the Trinity "Gnostism".

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is self-contradictory, To say, <...if all that God has done to date is to have raised Himself from the grave, not a being after our own genus ... man has no hope nor faith>-- which now is 100% obvious and logical that Christ cannot be a mediator between God and man when or if He is NOT God!

Of course there can be a mediator between man and God - who is not God. The entire NT is based on this premise - that there is a mediator between man and God.

John calls Jesus "The Logos" which is the mediator between man and God ... that is the definition of the word.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm .. interesting response .. I respond to this at length in post 308 just a few minutes ago .. so I will leave it at that.

and no .. of course the created can not kill the creator - but who is killing someone in this story ?

My guess though - adding to what you will hopefully read in post 308 - Jesus didn't have the powers of the HS during the testing - kind of defeats the purpose of the Test.

and the Advocate - if he knows he is speaking to "The Father" - just through a vessel .. a divine cell phone of sorts - he is not going to ask his Father .. the Father of Everything ... you and included .. to bow down.

For precisely the reason you cite .. the created does not want the creator to wipe him off the map ... comprende vous ?

That is not the story of Mark my friend .. but I will leave it at that and point you to 308 for more.

I beg to differ....

4 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that would not be Sola Fide .. that is the easy path which many have found. Being a subordinatist - that is the narrow gate. Following the Teachings of Jesus .. that is the narrow gate that not many have found .

My kjv does not say that the way to life is difficult...it says it is strait.

Jesus said, My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How nearly have you believed but a senseless question of your own prevented you. Where have you read that the creation crucified the Lord Jesus and killed Him -- that was what He came as God in the flesh to do -- to lay down his life Himself, a ransom for our souls!
God laid down His life or the human son of God did that?

The son of God described God as a Spirit in John 4:24.

This would mean that Jesus was made God after resurrecting, then we can say that God once died.

This is the sensible understanding of the Bible.(Creation killing creation).

Status
Not open for further replies.