All the fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you know Jesus or just your own reasoning?
Ludicrous and pathetic are unbelieving positions with a closed heart.

Rising from the dead, freely choosing to die at the hands of evil men, ascending into heaven and establishing the church within 2 months from apparent defeat is quite a story.

Only Jesus could be the atoning sacrifice because He showed love could be trusted and could save. So deep is this profound reality, without an open heart it will never be heard.

The problem with complexity is to learn it takes time, patience and love. Do you love Jesus enough to listen and follow Him?
Well FH, I agree with absolutely everything that you stated above. I believe that there is only one mediator between God and man, that is, only one way towards salvation - the 250% man, Jesus Christ. The King of Kings, Lord of Lords, first-born of creation, and the first-born from the dead.
And I vehemently denounce any notion whatsoever that Jesus is God, or that there is any other God in all the universe other than God the Father.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Question: You said that Jesus had no blood in His resurrected body. But He has flesh and bones. The Bible says that the life of the flesh is in the blood, so how can He have flesh without blood? Don’t bones make blood for the body? Also, He ate food. What would be the purpose of food with no blood to pick up the nutrition?

Answer: Yes, Christ has a body of “flesh and bones” (Lk 24:39), but there is no blood in His body, because it was all poured out for sin upon the cross. The rest of the very verse you quote declares that fact: “For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul” (Lv 17:11).

The life of the natural flesh was in the blood, but that body is transformed in resurrection: “It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body” (1 Cor:15:44). The old flesh that gives us such trouble will be no more after the resurrection, but we will have “spiritual” bodies like Christ’s. We couldn’t die if we wanted to!

Christ now lives in “the power of an endless life” (Heb:7:16), and “being raised from the dead dieth no more” (Rom:6:9). So it will be with us, for we shall be “in the likeness of his resurrection” (Rom:6:5).

The old creation is done away in Christ and we are a new creation: “…if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature” (2 Cor:5:17).

Christ told Thomas, “Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side…” (Jn:20:27). If Christ had blood in His body He would be bleeding from five wounds. There must be a gaping hole in His side for Thomas to have been able to thrust his hand into it! Forever He will bear the marks of Calvary as a constant reminder of the cost of our salvation.

Yes, Christ ate “a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb” (Lk 24:42,43)—not because He was hungry or needed to eat in order to stay alive and have energy, but to show the frightened disciples that He was not a ghost as they imagined. We do not know how a “spiritual body” functions—it can walk through walls and instantly transfer itself from place to place to place. But there is no need of food to nourish bodies that cannot die.Question: You said that Jesus had no blood in His resurrected body. But He has flesh and bones. The Bible says that the life of the flesh is in the blood, so how can He have flesh without blood?

hope this helps !!!
ok Christophany, after reading post #271 (quoted above), I have a rather direct question for you: in your avatar, are you the guy holding the fish, or the fish itself? I'm leaning towards the latter.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would Satan ask God to bow down before him.. Do you think Satan is an idiot ?
For sure satan knows GOD is in control . The demons all know it . They know their time is short .
There is no POWER like OUR GOD . OH LET the LORD be praised my friends .
We have all we need IN JESUS CHRIST . THE King of kings and LORD of lords .
Even reading job we see satan knows HE cannot touch a soul, LEST GOD give the permission .
Just as we see Satan had to ask JESUS if he could sift peter . OH YES they KNOW who is in control and they fear GOD .
EVEN the demons believe and tremble . THERE is no GOD , BUT THE GOD of Abraham , Issac and Jacob
AND JESUS CHRIST is truly our only hope . No man comes to the Father but By ME , JESUS .
SING to the GLORIOUS LORD my friends .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah .. that would be El -YHWH - who you seem to know very little about until I came into your life. .. funny

You have added nothing to my knowledge of the Godhead.

are you seriously maintaining that Satan is such an Idiot .. that he would ask God to bow before him.

Yes, that is what I'm maintaining....the devil probably thought that he could get what he wanted concerning his five "I will" statements in Isaiah 14.

The greatest deceiver the world has ever known .. is not an Idiot .. his best trick was to convince you that he is

Actually, that was something that hurt his cause more than anything else.

what are you talking about "deed" .. the deed to what.

The title deed to the earth.

The tester is here .. but that does not make the Tester responsible for all the evil in the world - necessarily

Sure it does.

I would say the choices of man have something to do with it as well - for there is a little of the divine and a little of the Devil in all of us...

If the devil had not tempted Eve in the garden, there would be no evil in the world.

so it is incorrect to call John's Logos and the Trinity Doctrine "Gnostism"

I agree...and that is also not what I have done.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name one person you know that operates openly in every single gift of the Spirit like Jesus did?

Name one person that could tell anyone's past or future like Jesus did(via the Holy Ghost).

Fact is, the Bible specifically declares he was given the Spirit without measure, implying nobody else does.

Actually, certain words in John 3:34 are in italics in my (kjv) Bible.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only good he had was his inner, good, Holy Ghost(God), which led him to die and be made sin for us.

Even as he did not sin, he never led folks on that he was good, knowing he had the potential to sin like the 1st Adam had the potential to sin.

He even questioned his good God's will.

He fought to survive his sinless lifestyle.
You clearly said Jesus wasn't good! Pity you on Judgment Day!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happens all the time .. and you are guilty as charged :) your modus operandi in fact "demonization of the other" - "What cult did you say you belonged to ? was it JW or some such thing " Your words not mine :)
I'm just a Bible believer, not JW, not SDA. Why does that upset you?

Last edited:

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For sure satan knows GOD is in control . The demons all know it . They know their time is short .
There is no POWER like OUR GOD . OH LET the LORD be praised my friends .
We have all we need IN JESUS CHRIST . THE King of kings and LORD of lords .
Even reading job we see satan knows HE cannot touch a soul, LEST GOD give the permission .
Just as we see Satan had to ask JESUS if he could sift peter . OH YES they KNOW who is in control and they fear GOD .
EVEN the demons believe and tremble . THERE is no GOD , BUT THE GOD of Abraham , Issac and Jacob
AND JESUS CHRIST is truly our only hope . No man comes to the Father but By ME , JESUS .
SING to the GLORIOUS LORD my friends .

Yes .. as in James 2 - aka "Sola Fide" - killer .. Even demons know that God is one.

and yes - Satan's job is the Tester - the Advocate - but he does not exceed God's will - least not in the OT -

And Yes .. as in Matt 25 - Jesus will judge at the end of days .. separate the sheep from the goats - on the basis of "the will of the Father" as described in his Most famous Sermon .. Matt 5-7 and "now all who call "Lord Lord" "Jesus Jesus" make it through the gates - and beware of the Religious leaders ... trumpeting false doctrine - like that that led to the 1000 yrs of horror ..

but I digress - "those prophesying in my name --- Get out" - usurping the position of "the Logos" that would be = claiming the speak Gods word through the Holy Spirit ... dat be heretical to most of Christianity ... but he "Chosen Few" persist.

but back to this separation process .. Majority thinks some combo of Faith and works ... the Chosen ones are strictly Sola Fide .. hard when there is no clear path .. which one to choose ?

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm just a Bible believer, not JW, not SDA. Is that what upsets you?

Who's upset ? You are projecting again .. Projection is a psychological defense mechanism in which individuals attribute characteristics they find unacceptable in themselves to another person Projection - GoodTherapy.org Therapy Blog

but anyhow .. you were going around accusing others of being cult members ..and seemed upset about something.. feel free to share :)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who's upset ? You are projecting again .. Projection is a psychological defense mechanism in which individuals attribute characteristics they find unacceptable in themselves to another person Projection - GoodTherapy.org Therapy Blog

but anyhow .. you were going around accusing others of being cult members ..and seemed upset about something.. feel free to share :)
Anyone who denies that Jesus is God is following Satan. Call it a cult if you like.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dwelleth is in the present tense in the Greek meaining when Paul penned those words Jesus was in heaven BODILY. So much for Jesus being a spirit and He is a real man (BODILY) in heaven.

BYW- no man is said to have the fulness of the GODHEAD in them, only Christ hence He is Deity, the same as the Father and Holy Spirit are Deity. Like Father, like Son. To see the Son is to see the Father and both are worshipped in heaven by all creation on the throne in heaven as per Revelation 4-5.

hope this helps !!!

Yes I understand you call God a liar when it says at 1Corinthians 15:45 Jesus was made a life giving Spirit when resurrected. You say this is a lie.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 24:39 (NKJV)
39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.

Reactions: ChristisGod

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I did a study on this passage yesterday and I wanted to share it with the group.

Colossians 2:9

King James Bible
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily

Now read the Greek below on the present ongoing meaning of DWELLS . The bodily dwelling of Deity is permanent not temporary. The Incarnation was PERMANENT.

κατοικεῖ (katoikei)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 2730: To dwell in, settle in, be established in (permanently), inhabit. From kata and oikeo; to house permanently, i.e. Reside.

8.2 σωματικός, ή, όν; σωματικῶςa: (derivatives of σῶμαa ‘body,’ 8.1) pertaining to a physical body—‘bodily, physical, bodily form.’[1] Louw Nida

Expositor's Greek Testament
Colossians 2:9. in Him and in Him alone.—κατοικεῖ: “permanently dwells”. The reference is to the Exalted State, not only on account of the present, but of the context and Paul’s Christology generally.—πᾶν τὸ πλήρωμα τῆς θεότητος: “all the fulness of the Godhead”. πᾶν is emphatic, the whole fulness dwells in Christ.

Body
sōmatikṓs (an adverb, derived from 4984 /sōmatikós which is an adjective derived from 4983 /sṓma, "body") – bodily(used only in Col 2:9)Loew & Nida Greek Lexicon

Never once in the NT is soma ever used of something nonphysical or immaterial .

Paul is talking in Col chapters 2-3 about the glorified resurrected Christ now seated at the right hand of God not the earthly Christ pre resurrection. This is a slam dunk that He is in a human glorified resurrection body and that He continues to have all the fullness of Deity dwelling bodily in the present.

Bodily (σωματικῶς) In bodily fashion or bodily-wise. The verse contains two distinct assertions: 1. That the fullness of the Godhead eternally dwells in Christ. The present tense κατοικεῖ dwelleth, is used like ἐστιν is (the image), Colossians 1:15, to denote an eternal and essential characteristic of Christ's being. The indwelling of the divine fullness in Him is characteristic of Him as Christ, from all ages and to all ages. Hence the fullness of the Godhead dwelt in Him before His incarnation, when He was "in the form of God" (Philippians 2:6). The Word in the beginning, was with God and was God (John 1:1). It dwelt in Him during His incarnation. It was the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth, and His glory which was beheld was the glory as of the Only begotten of the Father (John 1:14; compare 1 John 1:1-3). The fullness of the Godhead dwells in His glorified humanity in heaven.

2. The fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him in a bodily way, clothed the body. This means that it dwells in Him as one having a human body. This could not be true of His preincarnate state, when He was "in the form of God," for the human body was taken on by Him in the fullness of time, when "He became in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:7), when the Word became flesh. The fullness of the Godhead dwelt in His person from His birth to His ascension. He carried His human body with Him into heaven, and in His glorified body now and ever dwells the fullness of the Godhead. Vincent Greek Word Studies

(2:9) Commenting on the contents of this verse, Lightfoot says; “The apostle justifies the foregoing charge that the doctrine was not according to Christ: ‘In Christ dwells the whole plērōma (πληρωμα) (fulness, plenitude), the entire fulness of the Godhead, whereas they represent it to you as dispersed among several spiritual agencies. Christ is the fountain-head of all spiritual life, whereas they teach you to seek it in communion with inferior creatures.’ ”

“Dwelleth” is katoikei (κατοικει). Oikeō (Ὀικεω) means “to be at home.” Kata (Κατα), prefixed, means “down,” thus showing permanence. The compound verb was used of the permanent residents of a town as compared with the transient community. The verb is in the present tense, showing durative action. The translation reads: “Because in Him there is continuously and permanently at home all the fulness of the Godhead in bodily fashion.”

hope this helps !!!
The Incarnation is indeed a glorious truth! :)

Reactions: kcnalp

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"God of God,
Light of light,
Lo, He abhors not the virgin's womb.
Verily God, begotten, not created,
O come let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord!"

This is an eminently Scriptural sentiment! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.