"All things are lawful..."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earth even to the other end of the Earth").
[17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together
(in said fire), saith the Lord.

the reason I asked why not highlight “they sanctify themselves and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst …there eating swines blood.

if literal then …in the end they will be in gardens behind one tree in the midst…
Significant is the question what is the one tree in the midst they are behind eating swines blood? All I can think of is “Men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil” reminds me sooo much of even in the garden when they hid, where there were two trees in the midst…hiding when He called. and even now what is to hide in the darkness “sanity if themselves” “purifying themselves” doing evil and hating the light? Neither coming into the light that their deeds be reproved or made manifest, wrought in God.
John 3:19-21 what is that one tree in the midst they hide behind eating swines blood? ….Darkness? What is the other tree in the midst where come to Me and I will give you Light?”

You shall not commit adultery?
Proverbs 30:20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eats, and wipes her mouth, and says, I have done no wickedness.
Reminds me so much of
Galatians 5:15 But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you be not consumed one of another.
“She eats” like a canker worm?
“Wipes her mouth”
And says … “what?” Offended…”I have done no wrong.”

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as "License to sin".
This is a cult idea, that is created by people who do not understand God's Grace and have redefined it as "license" or "licentiousness".
This CULT, of OSAS, changed the Grace of God, into their Theology of : "this means you can do anything".
So, its only these OSAS heretics who believe that, as no real born again believer would ever believe or teach that God's Grace, the forgiveness of all sin, is a license to freely live unholy without any consequence.

No born again believer teaches such a deceit, yet the OSAS Cult teaches that this is taught.
Its an incredible lie, that is continually taught/spread/repeated by Cross denying devil deceived liars on Forums and from Pulpits.
The naked truth is this: If you believe grace grants you the ability to escape punishment for doing things for which those who are not under grace will be punished, that by definition is a "License". Therefore, it's YOU who stand guilty of preaching CULT doctrine which the Bible does not teach. We can settle this debate now:

PLEASE CHECK ONE:

[ ] Grace shields me from punishment for impenitent, presumptuous sin.

[ ] Grace does not shield me from punishment for impenitent, presumptuous sin.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe in your mindset one cannot, but I know AS WELL AS MY CHURCH AND HUNDREDS OF OTHER CHURCHES WHO KNOW OSAS IS BIBLICAL. For we know how deep salvation goes. Teh power to escape punishment is the blood Jesus shed- not me failing. We are called to live holy, and we are called to acknowledge when we sin.
The power to escape WHAT punishment?

Punishment for sins from which we repent and "sin no more"? Absolutely!

Punishment for habitual, deliberate, known, presumptuous, impenitent sins which means "sins from which we permanently choose to not repent"? Solomon in Proverbs 28:13 KJV says NO WAY.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The naked truth is this: If you believe grace grants you the ability to escape punishment for doing things for which those who are not under grace will be punished, that by definition is a "License". Therefore, it's YOU who stand guilty of preaching CULT doctrine which the Bible does not teach. We can settle this debate now:

PLEASE CHECK ONE:
Permission to sin is not given, so that's complete nonsense that anyone has a license to sin. And the judge condemns those not propitiated in Christ, and does not condemn those who are.

The Scandal of Grace!!

But then, the one who is not in Christ is condemned already, being of the line of Adam. The one in Christ is no longer in Adam. There is so much more to this than just supposing Grace is a "get out of jail free" card. You've moved off of that board, you on a different board, if you are in Christ.

Ephesians 5:5-8 KJV
5) For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6) Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7) Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8) For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Ephesians 2:2-3 KJV
2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Something very fundamental changed.

[X] Grace shields me from punishment for impenitent, presumptuous sin.

[ ] Grace does not shield me from punishment for impenitent, presumptuous sin.

I checked a box, though I find your wording problematic.

What is "impenitent presumptuous sin"? Are we parsing sins? Some sins are OK, and some aren't? I find that all sins are from the flesh, from death unto death. No sin is righteousness, and no unrighteousness is of God. And justification is found in Christ, not "my good behavior".

I think the only way someone can conclude that we are condemned as God's children for sins we commit is because they consider some sins to be actually OK, and not requiring forgiveness. That God forgives this sin, but not that sin.

Alternatively, one could argue that they have ceased to commit any sin, and that anyone who has not ceased remains under God's condemnation. Those are the options. Either you've stopped sinning altogether, or your sins are OK, while the other guy's are not. Right?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"sins from which we permanently choose to not repent"? Solomon in Proverbs 28:13 KJV says NO WAY.

For the sake of the discussion, you've given this definition, what Christian is that way? What does it mean, "permanently choose"?

Punishment for sins from which we repent and "sin no more"? Absolutely!

IF that is your contrasting idea here, I wish you well! If you are only forgiven for sins you only commit once, and then never again, I think this is also going to swing based on your definition of sin. All that is not of faith is sin. So you have by your words given yourself license to be faithless only once.

Proverbs 28:13 KJV
13) He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:8-9 KJV
8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 12:11 KJV
11) Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Much love!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see to me there is a bigger lesson to be learned in Romans 14. Just to explain what it means to me and why it is significant to me. First because for the life of me I could not understand why Paul would set with another in the temple, let’s say one who felt it is wrong to eat pork. And Paul then not eat pork as well.
The issue in Romans 14 is dietary prohibitions that have been lifted when the Mosaic law was nailed to the Cross, namely Feast Day prohibitions, not the law of clean and unclean animals as food. Did not Paul know, as we should also, what Isaiah said about what happens to those who consume pork when Jesus comes in fiery judgment?
I could not understand why? Why not shout or debate or wrestle or strive with the brother exclaiming “eat!” My question was isn’t that enabling or coddling if you see one way that eating is ok …yet then to side with one afraid to eat? To me the bigger lesson is charity and compassion and patience in what Paul does there not causing his brother to offend, in return Paul also doesn’t offend Christ by harming one of weak conscience. To me it has always stood out because so often on the board and in life others will come sit with you when you are weak and bash you down to the ground with their theology, saying it is love. But unless I’ve misunderstood it says the kingdom is not in meat and drink but righteousness, peace and joy. To be honest, even if I’m terribly weak and always wrong…I have yet to find one who wants to sit by me with compassion or mercy or patience, peace or joy except Christ.
If I believed as you do that the whole thing is a matter of a difference of opinion in which the choice to eat or not is inconsequential, and by insistence it must be one way or the other only serves to make us appear causelessly peevish rather than genuinely concerned about another's salvation, I would take your position.

However, I've shown that Isaiah is clear about a fiery judgment that awaits those who choose unwisely. Neither Acts 10 or 15 establish precedent for allowing both choices to be right - Peter himself explains that the vision of chapter 10 is a message to not call any "man" unclean, and has nothing to do with diet. Acts 15 is a decision based on local evangelistic prudence to avoid inflaming Jewish prejudices - like a Christian woman trying to evangelize a devout Muslim while wearing gym clothes.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the reason I asked why not highlight “they sanctify themselves and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst …there eating swines blood.

if literal then …in the end they will be in gardens behind one tree in the midst…
Significant is the question what is the one tree in the midst they are behind eating swines blood? All I can think of is “Men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil” reminds me sooo much of even in the garden when they hid, where there were two trees in the midst…hiding when He called. and even now what is to hide in the darkness “sanity if themselves” “purifying themselves” doing evil and hating the light? Neither coming into the light that their deeds be reproved or made manifest, wrought in God.
John 3:19-21 what is that one tree in the midst they hide behind eating swines blood? ….Darkness? What is the other tree in the midst where come to Me and I will give you Light?”

You shall not commit adultery?
Proverbs 30:20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eats, and wipes her mouth, and says, I have done no wickedness.
Reminds me so much of
Galatians 5:15 But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you be not consumed one of another.
“She eats” like a canker worm?
“Wipes her mouth”
And says … “what?” Offended…”I have done no wrong.”
Are you saying that as long as we eat swine's flesh at the dinner table, we're OK so long as we don't do it as part of an occult nature ritual?

I think you're missing the point: the passage is not describing a specific ritual per se, but a mindset that allows for the eating swine's flesh, the "abomination", and mice, as a result of the idolatry of self-sanctification and self-purification practiced in the groves where the Israelites did so privately while openly practicing Judaism in the temple. Scripture tells us they worshiped both God and Baal, does it not?

Notice, Isaiah doesn't say roast beef sandwiches or lambchops...he refers to that which the Bible has expressly forbidden for consumption, not that which has been "sanctified by the Word of God" in Leviticus 11.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Permission to sin is not given, so that's complete nonsense that anyone has a license to sin. And the judge condemns those not propitiated in Christ, and does not condemn those who are.
I get it. Words like "permission" or "free pass" invoke images of God looking down upon the "saved" OSAS presumptuous sinner smiling at their sin and saying, "boys will be boys" which image is ridiculously ludicrous, right? So, let's paint a different picture: God looks down on the "saved" OSAS presumptuous sinner with grievous disappointment but with arms folded, never to be raised against them. Does that work for you?

The result is the same, friend! No punishment for doing the exact same thing for which He will smite the unsaved! That's what we call a "license".
The Scandal of Grace!! But then, the one who is not in Christ is condemned already, being of the line of Adam. The one in Christ is no longer in Adam. There is so much more to this than just supposing Grace is a "get out of jail free" card. You've moved off of that board, you on a different board, if you are in Christ.
Ephesians 5:5-8 KJV
5) For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6) Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7) Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8) For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Ephesians 2:2-3 KJV
2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. Something very fundamental changed.
Yes, the change is that we no longer walk in habitual, deliberate, presumptuous, known sin!
I checked a box, though I find your wording problematic.
And by that, you admit OSAS is a License to Sin because you believe Grace shields the Licensed saint from suffering the same punishment for doing the exact same thing the unLicensed sinner will suffer.
What is "impenitent presumptuous sin"? Are we parsing sins? Some sins are OK, and some aren't? Much love!
What, you've never heard of the difference between the Just Man and the Presumptuous Man? The Just Man prayerfully strives against sin and by God's grace eventually overcomes, as assuredly as the child learning to walk repeatedly falls down and gets up until he falls no more.

The OSAS crowd wants Grace to cover deliberate, known, presumptuous, impenitent sin - sin from which they permanently choose not to repent - and the sum total of their religious experience is to demand the promises afforded only to the Just Man extend beyond to them as well, while denying their status of "Presumptuous Man.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And by that, you admit OSAS is a License to Sin because you believe Grace shields the Licensed saint from suffering the same punishment for doing the exact same thing the unLicensed sinner will suffer.
The only difference is in how you parse it. Sin is sin is sin. All sin is from the flesh . . . no sin is of the Spirit. None period.

Either,

[ ] You believe you don't sin.

Or,

[ ] You believe your sins are forgiven, even current sins, and sins you will yet repeat,

Or,

[ ] You believe you are condemned.

Check one.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue in Romans 14 is dietary prohibitions that have been lifted when the Mosaic law was nailed to the Cross, namely Feast Day prohibitions, not the law of clean and unclean animals as food.

I’m sorry. You’ve lost me. I’m unsure at the dietary restrictions had been lifted…not the law of the clean and unclean animals. If it bothers you to eat certain things then I’m not here to then say you should eat them.

If I believed as you do that the whole thing is a matter of a difference of opinion in which the choice to eat or not is inconsequential, and by insistence it must be one way or the other only serves to make us appear causelessly peevish rather than genuinely concerned about another's salvation

choice to eat
Or not to eat
To me the point is Charity and peace, or the strong ought to support the weak. I never said or meant to imply “inconsequential” except maybe in debating over who is right, determined the choice to eat or not to eat…is either or instead of …let God be true and every man a liar. what I read there in Romans 14 both belong to the Lord.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OSAS crowd wants Grace to cover deliberate, known, presumptuous, impenitent sin - sin from which they permanently choose not to repent - and the sum total of their religious experience is to demand the promises afforded only to the Just Man extend beyond to them as well, while denying their status of "Presumptuous Man.
I suggest to you this . . .

Paul didn't judge himself, and deferred to Jesus, that Jesus would judge him, because he, Paul, did not sufficiently know his own heart, his own motivations.

If that was true of Paul, how is it not more so true of you and I? Who are we to make such a declaration? May we not be found the liar in that day, when God reveals our hearts, and we see, when we really and truly see, all that was of the flesh. The fleshiness of sin infecting our lives.

Do we think ourselves innocent because we did not steal, though we resented the attention that other fellow got, or we didn't have a good answer so we shot out a barb, so many ways, so many things, impatience, irritation, failure to properly steward our bodies, failure to give to the needs of others, failure to trust God, failure to love God, to love others, all times, pray without ceasing,

My point is, the spiritual life is so radically different from the fleshy life. It's not just stopping stealing, but it's giving to others all you can give. Let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, Who, being rich made Himself poor that we could be rich.

If we aren't adequate to judge ourselves, then your point is moot.

You talk about a "license to sin", who even thinks that way?? We think in terms of having left a "living death" to enter into life, now, we are in training to live that life.

There are all sorts of ways the old man in us wants to hold onto the ways of sin and death. So I say, it's just parsing sin. What we're really talking about is "what comes from the fleshy old man, and what comes from the spirit new man?" The fleshy old man loves sin, loves to hold onto sin. The spiritual new man is free from sin, and loves righteousness. Choose righteousness, choose trust, and the more you do, regardless of how "big" or "small" the matter seems, the more you will be participating in the renewing of your mind, that training that trains you to walk in His works and not your own.

Even those works you thought were good, but were not what He wanted from you.

Facts are facts, though, just the same. At the end of the day . . . According to the Bible . . . The Law is what condemns people. No Law, no condemnation. That's "Judicial condemnation of guilt unto punishment", or, "katakrino". Those who have trusted in Christ, who have shared in His death, are no longer under the Law, and therefore there is nothing that condemns.

Consider the chastisement from God. God chastens His children. Why? Because they need a kick in the pants to stop the sins they have already stopped? No. We are to run the race letting go of the weights and entangling sins. When we fail to do this, we are chastened by God, to produce in us the fruits of righteousness.

God does not fail us, even when we fail Him!

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture tells us they worshiped both God and Baal, does it not?

That does make me consider
Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
? How…they both worshipped God and Baal?

Reactions: Phoneman777

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, you've never heard of the difference between the Just Man and the Presumptuous Man? The Just Man prayerfully strives against sin and by God's grace eventually overcomes, as assuredly as the child learning to walk repeatedly falls down and gets up until he falls no more.

In your hypothetical "saved who presumptuously sins impenitently choosing permanently to not repent demanding forgiveness" man, this is a man of your own creation. Who does this describe? And as anyone gives an answer your adjectives of your hypothetical man add on and on, to defy all response.

That's the problem with hypotheticals. They are just not real.

You paint a man, a "saved" man, and you paint him all the colors of the unsaved, unregerate man. OK. So who is this? Everyone who believes rebirth is forever?

Much love!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the sake of the discussion, you've given this definition, what Christian is that way? What does it mean, "permanently choose"?
What's the hard part? To "permanently choose" one way is to go to your grave having failed to choose the other way.
IF that is your contrasting idea here, I wish you well! If you are only forgiven for sins you only commit once, and then never again, I think this is also going to swing based on your definition of sin. All that is not of faith is sin. So you have by your words given yourself license to be faithless only once.
I've repeatedly said the Just Man falls 7 times, not once, my friend ;)
Proverbs 28:13 KJV
13) He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:8-9 KJV
8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
There are some who claim they "have no sin" because God no longer regards their impenitent adultery, thefts, idolatry, etc., as sin....that "God's grace effects no inward change, just His former opinion of my sin that remains". No greater display of arrogant presumption.
Hebrews 12:11 KJV
11) Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Much love!
God's reluctance to give up on us doesn't mean that point will never come, according to what Hebrews 6 says about those who turn from God to the point there they are no longer able to repent, right? :)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only difference is in how you parse it. Sin is sin is sin. All sin is from the flesh . . . no sin is of the Spirit. None period.

Either,

[ ] You believe you don't sin.

Or,

[ ] You believe your sins are forgiven, even current sins, and sins you will yet repeat,

Or,

[ ] You believe you are condemned.

Check one.

Much love!
You didn't differentiate between the actions of Just Man and the actions of the Presumptuous Man, what John calls "sin unto death" and "sin not unto death".

Please do so, and I'll be happy to answer ;)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In any case, please stop calling into question a person's spiritual status because you can't answer a Biblical argument with Biblical reasoning,.

Well, to begin with, if a person is : Galatians 1:8. This isn't a spiritual status.
So, i appreciate you making up that term to try to sound like some sort of authority, but, seeing that you're anything but this based on your posts, i'll just ignore it.

The thing about you is, i can ask you many questions, and you'll not answer any of them, as you can't.
Instead, you'll just write some half-cocked nonsense about "judgement".

So, here is how the NT judges you.

Are you born again.?
And the reason you can't explain what that means without doing some research, to then try to pretend that you "knew all along", is exactly why a born again believer is authorized to judge you, according to your theological belief system.
That's what i do with you, Phonemann777.

Here are 2 questions for you.
And i'll ask you again, after you ignore them again.

Q.) Do you believe you can lose your Salvation?

Q.) Explain briefly your Salvation.= How does that work ?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry. You’ve lost me. I’m unsure at the dietary restrictions had been lifted…not the law of the clean and unclean animals. If it bothers you to eat certain things then I’m not here to then say you should eat them.
What's lifted are the Mosaic ceremonial laws that certain foods and the manner in which they were eaten corresponded to the ceremonial Feast Day laws, as well as other things that were "nailed to the Cross" and were no longer in effect by the time Paul was preaching.

The differentiation between clean/unclean goes back to before Noah's day, long before any Jews were born, and therefore is not Mosaic - just like the 7th day Sabbath goes back to the beginning. What were the "charge, commandments, statutes, and laws" Abraham kept? Certainly, these two were among them and is why Isaiah says a fiery fate awaits those who willfully eat pigs and mice while convinced they shouldn't.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest to you this . . .

Paul didn't judge himself, and deferred to Jesus, that Jesus would judge him, because he, Paul, did not sufficiently know his own heart, his own motivations.

If that was true of Paul, how is it not more so true of you and I? Who are we to make such a declaration? May we not be found the liar in that day, when God reveals our hearts, and we see, when we really and truly see, all that was of the flesh. The fleshiness of sin infecting our lives.

Do we think ourselves innocent because we did not steal, though we resented the attention that other fellow got, or we didn't have a good answer so we shot out a barb, so many ways, so many things, impatience, irritation, failure to properly steward our bodies, failure to give to the needs of others, failure to trust God, failure to love God, to love others, all times, pray without ceasing,

My point is, the spiritual life is so radically different from the fleshy life. It's not just stopping stealing, but it's giving to others all you can give. Let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, Who, being rich made Himself poor that we could be rich.

If we aren't adequate to judge ourselves, then your point is moot.

You talk about a "license to sin", who even thinks that way?? We think in terms of having left a "living death" to enter into life, now, we are in training to live that life.

There are all sorts of ways the old man in us wants to hold onto the ways of sin and death. So I say, it's just parsing sin. What we're really talking about is "what comes from the fleshy old man, and what comes from the spirit new man?" The fleshy old man loves sin, loves to hold onto sin. The spiritual new man is free from sin, and loves righteousness. Choose righteousness, choose trust, and the more you do, regardless of how "big" or "small" the matter seems, the more you will be participating in the renewing of your mind, that training that trains you to walk in His works and not your own.

Even those works you thought were good, but were not what He wanted from you.

Facts are facts, though, just the same. At the end of the day . . . According to the Bible . . . The Law is what condemns people. No Law, no condemnation. That's "Judicial condemnation of guilt unto punishment", or, "katakrino". Those who have trusted in Christ, who have shared in His death, are no longer under the Law, and therefore there is nothing that condemns.

Consider the chastisement from God. God chastens His children. Why? Because they need a kick in the pants to stop the sins they have already stopped? No. We are to run the race letting go of the weights and entangling sins. When we fail to do this, we are chastened by God, to produce in us the fruits of righteousness.

God does not fail us, even when we fail Him!

Much love!
As long as you don't attribute to the Presumptuous Man the promises which belong to the Just Man, we're in agreement. Do you agree with the Biblical distinction between the two?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does make me consider
Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
? How…they both worshipped God and Baal?
Yep, Elijah had to tell them to get off the fence and make up their minds who they would serve, either God or Baal.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The naked truth is this: If you believe grace grants you the ability to escape punishment for doing things

No born again believer, believes that you can escape punishment on earth for living in carnality, willingly, knowingly, and intentionally.
The law of "sowing reaping" will find you, and will harm you.
"be sure your sin will find you out".

Now....The OSAS NUTS... these Grace Hating, deceived people. TEACH, that there are believer's who believe the can enjoy their sin, and do it.
This is a lie, as no born again person, would believe such a thing, or teach it.
But the OSAS CULT LIARS, say that this exists.

FYI.

I wrote a Thread that details what happens to a carnal believer, a backslider, who has dead faith, and will not repent.
I detail what happens to them, AFTER God applies Hebrews 12:6, many times to try to get them to TURN. (repent).

Let me post it for you..
-
-
"The Sinning Christian"..
-
-

Here is what happens to the Christian who lives in SIN.

1st) your body is "dead because of sin" and your "Old man is crucified with Christ".

So, as that is the TRUTH regarding a "new Creation in Christ"...then... what is available for the LAW to condemn, regarding a "sinning Christian"?

See, your SPIRIT< which is the real you, is "In Christ" "One with God" if you are born again, and not just water baptized thinking you are saved.

Notice Romans 4:8. Paul teaches that God does not charge SIN against/to the Born again.
Why?
He can't, as He has already Judged CHRIST on the CROSS for them all.
God does not "double judge".... He does not judge a born again believer for sin that Jesus has DIED FOR already, 2000 yrs ago.

So, when a sincere believer, who is studying the word, and is learning about what it means to become a "new creation in Christ" and they find out that their SIN is gone, and their Judgment due them is on JESUS 2000 yrs ago.... the devil comes to them, through a person, or to their mind and says...>>"They are telling you that you can sin and there is no consequence, because Jesus paid for it all". "so, you can live like the devil"..

See that? THAT is how the DEVIL works. He is always trying to CONFUSE TRUTH with somethig that sounds true, but is just a very CLEVER LIE.

And here is the answer to that LIAR...

ALL SIN is resolved by JESUS's on the Cross. 2 Corinthinians 5:19. """"God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their SIN unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.""""

So, there go your sins. = Jesus bore them all.......IF you are born again.

Now, if you decide to live in the flesh, and continually commit works of the flesh.
Here is what happens.
Your faith will become DEAD, and "christian stuff" will become completely unimportant to you as you mind slides deeper and deeper into "darkness".
THEN....
You will begin to suffer down here.
The hardships and the hurt will come and come and come and won't stop harming you.
You'll lose everything, eventually.....including your health, and if you still wont stop and turn back to GOD, even after God corrects you time after time, .. Paul says you will DIE.

So, there is you EARTHLY consequence for "living in sin, as a Christian"....as that is what is known as "sowing and reaping"., and "your sin will find you out".... and that is a spiritual law that is not taken away by The Cross of Christ, or by "being under Grace".
However, that is not God judging you for sin, as He has already judged JESUS for them all...on the Cross.