• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The process of getting rid of the bad, reveals the good.
If you get rid of what isn't true, then what is finally revealed that is still standing, is the truth.

Most "bibles' are not bibles......."new" bibles, are created to teach denominational theology.
They are heresy, with just enough truth in them, to fool those who are not students of the word.
There are very few true "bibles"..

To discover the bad ones...the fakes, the junk........use 2 verses.

Notice in 1Timothy 3:16........If the verse says...>"GOD was manifested in the Flesh" then that bible is going to be ok....... However if that bible says...>"he, was manifest in the flesh"....then that bible has removed a Deity of Christ proof, and that bible is junk.

Notice John 4:24.....If the bible says...>>"God is A Spirit".........then that bible is going to be ok. But if it says...>"God is Spirit", then that bible makes no distinction between the Holy Spirit and the Unholy Spirit, so, that bible is junk.

The problem is that your short hand English speak is not easily understood.

Your Meta Data is not the same as other peoples Meta Data and so your message becomes lost in the confusion between the two respective reference Meta Data sets being used by the sender and the receiver.

The problem is that "Christian People" want to talk down to people rather than with people. There is a big difference.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
John 8:34-36
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.

Notice your verse.
Christ is talking to Jews, who are not born again., and Christ has not died for the sin of the world yet.
So, they have no Holy Spirit, they are under the law, and have no power over sin..

The Born again do......the born again have power over sin, because we are not under the Law, but under Grace.
"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law"..

Also, there is the fact that the reason that Paul does not refer to the born again as a "sinner", is because the born again are not under the law.
So, when the law has no dominion over you, because you are born again "Under Grace".., then you exist in the Kingdom of God, and there is no law there.
The law is made for sinners, on earth......Its not related to the born again who exist as "in Christ" "One with God".

So, to be no longer a slave to sin, is to be "under Grace", "in the Kingdom of God" where the Law has no dominion, and does not exist.

This is why the NT tells us that...>"As Christ IS.....so are the Born again, In this World".

So, this means that if Christ was here in body, He is not under the Law, "having fulfilled the law" already and died....and because we are "in Christ" we are the same......not under the law.....but "made righteous"...... no longer a slave to sin,... as sin is a result of being under the law.

"the power of SIN is THE LAW".....and if you are not under the law...then the law has no power to cause you to sin or to judge you to be a sinner.
The born again are not sinners, they are SAINTS...>"heirs of God"...>"Joint heirs with Christ".

"Where there is no law, there is no Transgression".....Therefore....>"God does not charge sin to the born again" who are not "under the Law">.... Romans 4:8

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The problem is that your short hand English speak is not easily understood.

The problem is that "Christian People" want to talk down to people rather than with people. There is a big difference.

I accept your opinion, if you will accept mine.
Perhaps the issue with the data retrieval, in your case, is the fault of the hearer, and not an issue with the Teacher.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
if we are overtaken in a fault (Galatians 6.1) there can be restoration to communions and indeed the believer's Advocate.

Salvation, is even better then "restoration to communication".

Salvation, as the Grace of God, provides for continual union with God, that is not based on our behavior, but its based on God's that has been provided already for us, as Christ on the Cross.

Let me show you what i mean.

If you have children, or if you do someday........they are a part of you, as the came out of you.
So, as they grow, get older, they will make horrible mistakes. They will perhaps become criminals, or worse.
Yet, they are always your child, no matter how they behave, because you caused them to be born.

And so it is with the born again.....God has caused us to be born again, and so, He is our Father, and if we are bad children, we are still always His, as He has birthed us spiritually, to be so....for eternity.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Salvation, is even better then "restoration to communication".

Salvation, as the Grace of God, provides for continual union with God, that is not based on our behavior, but its based on God's that has been provided already for us, as Christ on the Cross.

Let me show you what i mean.

If you have children, or if you do someday........they are a part of you, as the came out of you.
So, as they grow, get older, they will make horrible mistakes. They will perhaps become criminals, or worse.
Yet, they are always your child, no matter how they behave, because you caused them to be born.

And so it is with the born again.....God has caused us to be born again, and so, He is our Father, and if we are bad children, we are still always His, as He has birthed us spiritually, to be so.
My point was that if the person is a believer - truly justified before God - then this never changes, even if communion can be marred through certain pursuits.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that we rest in principle in the finished work of Christ at the Cross, while if we are overtaken in a fault (Galatians 6.1) there can be restoration to communions and indeed the believer's Advocate (1 John 2.1) upholds and strengthens.

Was I right that you removed that important truth on purpose???

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
My point was that if the person is a believer - truly justified before God - then this never changes, even if communion can be marred through certain pursuits.

God never stops living inside you....if you are born again.
Once you become God's "temple of the Holy Spirit", you remain so.
Once you are born again, you are always born again.
You are always "One with God"...>"in Christ".... so, how can "communion be marred" If God is in you all the time?

See, what is "marred" by some deed of the flesh.....is your feelings.. emotions.
You do some carnal deed, commit some work of the flesh lust, and you FEEL GUILTY.....and so you think....>"communion" is broken with God."
And if you belong to a cult, you are told to confess that sin, so that God will forgive you......yet, He already did, as Christ on the Cross, 2000 years ago.
Christ has already died for that new one, and the next one.

Welcome to SALVATION.

So, fellowship with God is never broken by your behavior......as God is in you when you are doing it.
Christ is in you when you are behaving badly, the next time.
So, there is no break in the relationship.......there is only a guilt trip in your mind, = self condemned personal feelings that accompany bad behavior.

Think about this...

Let say a born again believer, a husband, throws a rock at his born again wife, and it hits her in the mouth, breaking front teeth.
He did this, because she is angry again about the fact that he is not making enough money to satisfy her desire to own more of what she wants to own so that she can feel that she measures up to her friends and her idea of self importance.
She wants a better car, better house, better LIFE>....and was just yelling at him...>"you are no good, you are stupid, you are an idiot, i hate you, i should not have married you....."
So, he loses self control, and knocks her teeth out with a rock that he threw across the yard.
"cause and effect"......Her big mouth caused His rock to fly at her mouth.

So, now, she gets to play the victim and humiliate him for years to come about this rock thrown, and he wants to shoot himself right now for what he's done to his wife because she pushed all his buttons and triggers that caused it.

This type of relationship destroys children, and the parents, and they should not have gotten married.
Too late now.

And here is the thing....while both of them are doing all this to each other....God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit are in them both.....same as they were before this happened, and the same as they are 3 days later.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Where there is no law, there is no Transgression".....Therefore....>"God does not charge sin to the born again" who are not "under the Law">.... Romans 4:8

You are twisting this verse and are saying we have a license to sin, because sin is not imputed to us? How many people believe you and you are sending to hell? God only knows. "My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment." If your teachings send anyone to hell, it will be on you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I accept your opinion, if you will accept mine.
Perhaps the issue with the data retrieval, in your case, is the fault of the hearer, and not an issue with the Teacher.

Perhaps, but it is the Teacher that needs to be able to discern if what he is trying to teach is actually being received by the hearer. Otherwise he is wasting all of his efforts.

I spent many years in communication technology and learned that it is best to establish commonality in the respective Meta Data used in the communication so that there was no loss of contextual understanding between the two during the communication process.

Unless a person is prepared to learn during the communication process, his message will become lost in transmission.

Shalom

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are twisting this verse and are saying we have a license to sin,

No, not at all.
You are saying that.....
What im saying is that "where sin abounds, Grace more abounds'.
This means that, when your behavior is in opposition to God's law that defines it as a sin......then if you are born again, you are no longer under the law, which means that "Christ became sin"......all of it.
So, this work of the flesh, has no eternal consequence, because Eternal God, who is Christ on the Cross, is a "one time sacrifice for all sin".

Now, if a believer born again, lives in carnality, then even tho God as Christ on the Cross had taken care of their sin 2000 yrs ago..., and Romans 4:8 explains that God does not charge sin to the born again......if they willfully continue, then they will meet : Hebrews 12:6, and that is after the spiritual law of sowing and reaping brings harm to them, on this earth.

So, there is no living in sin, if you are born again. And the is even a worse situation that will happen to you, if you continue in sin willfully, and God's chastening does not cause you to stop, and turn.......and that situation is this..
Paul says..."if you continue in sin, you shall die".

So, Grace is the eternal blood atonement, but God's correction will find you, and consequences on earth will find you, if you try to live in sin, as a born again believer......including dying, as the final result.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Perhaps, but it is the Teacher that needs to be able to discern if what he is trying to teach is actually being received by the hearer.

Well, i dont control anyone's spiritual discernment.
THe word says..."you who have spiritual ears, let him hear"...
So, what i do, is teach, and i let the reader read, and i leave the spiritual end results to God.
Im required to put out the knowledge, and God's part is to reveal it, as Light and Revelation.
I dont try to do His work.....i only work very hard to put out a lot for Him to use.

Christianity, is a one on one, situation......
In a classroom, or from a Pulpit, you can share the word with thousands, but, its just some who will hear and receive.
So, i apply that reality to what i do here as well., or on any other Forum. I realize that the more truth you present, the smaller the audience who can hear it.
Jesus had 12 with Him for over 3 yrs and they barely understood anything He said, and that is because God's words are spirit and truth, and they were trying to understand them using their rational- carnal mind.
Its the same situation with the water baptized only, screeching heretics, who live on my Threads, or on a Christian forum, in general.

What happens with any real teacher who is teaching on a Forum... is that the audience that stays will be the real hearers, vs, those who oppose hearing because they want attention, who will also stay and make up the rest of the audience.
And these people are useful because when they argue, it allows a Teacher like me, to present more truth for the few that are really hearing and will really do something with it.
The word does not return void...ever., and its often the case that those who are just ranting against me today......will months later.... sound just like me when they talk about Salvation.
This is the seed of the word that i planted, and God watered, and later they saw the Light that was impossible for them to see, 3 months earlier.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you quoted had to do with the second coming of Christ. There was a rumor that Christ had already come, and that those who had died had missed it. It was false. It also said, that Jesus would come back with those who sleep in Jesus. Those are the dead, not the alive who were raptured in some secret rapture up to seven years before every eye saw Him.

1 Thes. 4:
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
I was not addressing the overall topic that Paul was addressing, but rather referring to a fact regarding those who are saved (born of the Spirit) which he eluded to. He referenced the living "in Christ" as being separate from the dead in Christ, until He comes. That difference is part of what needs to be "rightly divided" in the word of truth...or what only applies to the dead, is confused with what applies to the living.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens with any real teacher who is teaching on a Forum... is that the audience that stays will be the real hearers, vs, those who oppose hearing because they want attention, who will also stay and make up the rest of the audience.

And sometimes a single voice is meant for a single ear, even though there be thousands who listen, but not hearing.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you are just proving that you dont believe that Christ Gives the Victory , that Paul is explaining he exists within, so that the flesh struggle that was before his total misery is now solved as.... "Christ always gives me the victory".
This is Paul who later says...>"as many as be Perfect".
And you can believe Paul when He tells you that you can be "perfect".
You did not quote me fully. I said Paul suffered an "ongoing" struggle. Which he defines differently than you, by saying "always."

But now I am repeating myself, and you are continuing to deny the truth of what is written. Your problem.

As for who is "perfect", Christ alone is perfect, and "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me" He is our perfection. Period.

What you are teaching is another gospel.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was not addressing the overall topic that Paul was addressing, but rather referring to a fact regarding those who are saved (born of the Spirit) which he eluded to. He referenced the living "in Christ" as being separate from the dead in Christ, until He comes. That difference is part of what needs to be "rightly divided" in the word of truth...or what only applies to the dead, is confused with what applies to the living.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's okay, but when someone quotes a particular verse, I know the verse and put it in the writer's context.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You did not quote me fully. I said Paul suffered an "ongoing" struggle..

Yet Paul said that "Christ always gives Him the Victory"........as he explained was the spiritual walk he had become.

So, you dont believe it.....but he does...as that is why he told you that Christ ALWAYS gives him the VICTORY, unlike before, when he was in that struggle with his flesh.

I can't make you believe Paul, but you can't say i didnt try, as i certainly have done that for you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And sometimes a single voice is meant for a single ear, even though there be thousands who listen, but not hearing.
Much love!

Once there was a woman who had an issue with bleeding.........she had this for years.....and doctors could not lead her to a cure.

She trusted in Christ and touched Him, and he responded that She had., and she was cured, healed, delivered.

At the same time, Christ is surrounded by people who are touching him, and they got nothing....
She did, because she heard the Truth, saw the Truth, and put her hands on His garment.

So, it can be, and always is, that many on a "christian forum" will look but not see, hear and not believe., yet there is always one or 2 who do.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once there was a woman who had an issue with bleeding.........she had this for years.....and doctors could not lead her to a cure.

She trusted in Christ and touched Him, and he responded that She had., and she was cured, healed, delivered.

At the same time, Christ is surrounded by people who are touching him, and they got nothing....
She did, because she heard the Truth, saw the Truth, and put her hands on His garment.

So, it can be, and always is, that many on a "christian forum" will look but not see, hear and not believe., yet there is always one or 2 who do.
"The whole crowd is pressing in on you, what do you mean, Who touched Me?"

"If I can just touch the fringe of his robe . . .", If I can just make the barest contact with Him!

In the woman's mind . . . and in Jesus' mind . . . there was one touch that counted.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is talking to Jews, who are not born again., and Christ has not died for the sin of the world yet.
So, they have no Holy Spirit, they are under the law, and have no power over sin..

Not everyone who claims to be a Christian actually has the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:9

In fact, there are many messengers of Satan who don't know they are, but are not Christians, though they think they are.