America in the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Eric E Stahl said:
Why I wrote “America’s Last Warning”

Jeremiah 20:8-9
8 For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.
9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

Many say America is not in the bible, but I say we are their in the darkness from Revelation 16:10
Revelation 16:10
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

when the sun stands still in the heavens over Israel before Armageddon.
Habakkuk 3:10-13
11The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.
12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.
13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people((Israel)), even for salvation with thine anointed((Saints)); thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

America will come from the end of the earth when the judgment by fire happens when the heavens are darkened over Israel Isaiah 5:24-30. We will carry away a remnant of Israel to the other end of the earth. It will be on the wings of a great eagle Revelation 12:13-14.

Revelation 12:13-14
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

When God puts a hook in the jaw of Russia from the far North, he will call us from the other side of the earth.

Jeremiah 6:22-23
22 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, a people cometh from the north country, and a great nation shall be raised from the sides of the earth.
23 They shall lay hold on bow and spear; they are cruel, and have no mercy; their voice roareth like the sea; and they ride upon horses, set in array as men for war against thee, O daughter of Zion.
Now that 1,250,000 Jews have gone to Israel from the Russian north, the Jews in the daughter of Babylon are to go home too!

Zechariah 2:6-7
6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

There are about 6,000,000 Jews in Israel. There are about 6,000,000 Jews in American and about 3,000,000 Jews spread around the rest of the world.
I believe America is the daughter of Babylon and future home of the antichrist.

America repent while you can the judgment is written down.
"Christ does not vindicate a race or a nation. It is the sovereignty of God which is vindicated."
- Reinhold Neibuhr

Didn't read Stahl's book. Don't have to because the signs of judgment are obvious. I grant a point, however, that many DO need to read...and take the lessons they learn to heart.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

Many Christian Americans seem to live with their collective heads buried in the sands of fantasy. They love to repeat stories of the glory of America - of its rightness, of its goodness, and of its glory in the Kingdom of God - with echoes of Golden Oldies from the radio playing in the background.

Unfortunately, most of these folks are white and have never had to lick the boots of white America or live under the heel of oppressive power between the Atlantic and the Pacific. Ask any Native American what they think of the trustworthiness of the Federal government. You'll get an earful. Ask any black American what they think of the 'good old days' in the USA. See my point? Hope so. It's time to get real, pilgrim.

American exceptionalism was a term coined by Joseph Stalin in the 1920's. At the time Uncle Joe felt that the CPUSA was becoming too enamored with American culture, which worships itself more than any other thing in this world. He wrote a letter to CPUSA in which, among other things, he warned his comrades in the west against believing that America was somehow exceptional among all the nations of the world. America had cars, booze, a booming economy at the time, the flush of victory from WWI and all the trappings of a hedonistic society. Stalin had murder in his heart and the will to use it. Americans partied on and Russians suffered the discovery of the Siberian goolag. One was frivolous. The other burned with reality. My point here is that America IS NOT and never has been the center of the earth nor of God's plan of salvation for man. Those that believe America is too big to fail have not learned the lesson of history. God rules history, not Washington DC.

The absolute center of all Biblical prophecy is Israel.

Within that tiny state the focus of all prophecy is Jerusalem - city on a hill of stone with its foundations in the hand of God acting in history. Anyone who forgets that or who assumes that America the Great is on some kind of higher level is doing themselves a disservice. It's not America or Washington, DC. It's Israel. One can twist and invent all sorts of scenarios to present America in their eschatological scenario, but every time they will fail - because American conceit is NOT a Christian virtue. Neither can it be found in the Bible, anywhere. Not, that is, if you want an honest interpretation.

"What I believe in my heart must make sense in my mind."
- Ravi Zacharias

Beware those who hold with American exceptionalism, especially with regard to that debauched nation's place in God's plan of the history of the End Times. America's light is growing dim these days as anyone with an honest eye will tell you. Dimmer still shall it become as the Day approaches. The events of the Levant will unfold with the alliances and the issues of the nations described in God's Holy Word. And America will not be a part of it - except perhaps in the vacuum created by its absence. Except in the minds of those who believe falsely that the Glory of the Almighty must be wrapped in the Stars and Stripes to be valid and active. God does not consult the White House (neither do American politicians pray for divine guidance).

Watch and learn, pilgrim. Many grave and deadly things are about to happen. Perhaps it is a mercy that God will not include America in them.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
The absolute center of all Biblical prophecy is Israel.

Within that tiny state the focus of all prophecy is Jerusalem - city on a hill of stone with its foundations in the hand of God acting in history. Anyone who forgets that or who assumes that America the Great is on some kind of higher level is doing themselves a disservice. It's not America or Washington, DC. It's Israel. One can twist and invent all sorts of scenarios to present America in their eschatological scenario, but every time they will fail - because American conceit is NOT a Christian virtue. Neither can it be found in the Bible, anywhere. Not, that is, if you want an honest interpretation.

Well said rjp!
The signpost of prophecy is Israel.
Floyd.

A Kingdom of Priests unto God

[SIZE=14pt]The common view and teaching on this subject, is that the Redeemed of the Lord (Jesus Christ), make up the members of “the Kingdom and Priests”. The Redeemed are at present drawn from all nations of the world, and all races, and the only criterion is acceptance of Jesus Christ’s Sacrificial Death on the Calvary Cross! That “Kingdom” is the Millennial Kingdom and Reign of Christ Messiah Jesus, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]and is instigated by Him at [/SIZE]His return to Earth to save His people Israel[SIZE=14pt], [/SIZE]and to judge the Gentile nations[SIZE=14pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Part of the reason for this understanding and teaching is the mistranslation by the 1611 King James Version of the Bible, where various words which should have been translated ‘kingdom’, were translatedkings’![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Below are two examples of this error in the first chapter of Revelation.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The simple fact is that the reference in the Old Testament to "Kingdom of Priests" applies to the Jews only; and the source text is Ex. 19:6. When the culmination of that promise transpires, the two references below show the fulfilment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Rev. 1:6.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]And made us a (a)[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]kingdom and priests unto God His Father;[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] to Him be the glory and the dominion for ever and ever. (b)[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Amen[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt](a) This in AV, and in the minds of C. of E., and many other groups is translated [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]kings[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]! [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] This huge error which leaves Christians thinking that it refers to them in the Millennium is not easily changed. However, the true translation is [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]"kingdom," [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]which means that the future Jewish nation in the Millennial Reign of Christ, will be an established Nation to the promised borders (as opposed to the present oppressed tiny nation) part of which will be Priests to Him, (Rev. 5: 9,10. ) (Rev. 20:4-6.) [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]The offer made by Jehovah to Israel in Exodus 19:4-6 & 8; they accepted, and then[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]broke their word.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]However, Jehovah again re-offered in Jer. 31:31-34, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]which Israel again rejected at Acts 28:28. [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Messiah- Christ's return will restore Israel, some to the Priestly function, (Isa. 61:6 ,66:21 and 1Peter 2:9,) see also later notes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Rev. 5:10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt](a)And hast made them for our God a kingdom, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]a priestly kingdom,http://www.revelationsmessage.co.uk/chapter5.htm[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] and (b)[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]the[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]y[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] shall reign on the earth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt](a) This verse clearly shows the eventual function of those redeemed out of the 12 tribes of Israel and [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]perhaps[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]as described above from the Gentiles, and those retained at the resurrection and judgement of Israel (Ex. 19:6,) they are to be a kingdom of priests to CHRIST (see 1:6,) called Overcomers.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt](b) [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]"They;"[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] the Authorised Version (A.V.,) states "we," as also does INT. However, on examination of the Greek (Str. No. 936 [935]) refers to "power," or "rule." The "we," or "they," must be deduced from the context, which in this case refers to (V.9) those redeemed from the 12 tribes of Israel. Therefore [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]the word in context certainly should be THEY.[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] Dr. Bullinger gives "they," J.N. Darby "they," N.I.V. "they," Revised Standard "they," and Moffett "they."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Again, most people are taught that Revelation applies to the ‘church’, and to Christians. However, in the view of the writers and many others, it applies to the Jewish nation, and to the Gentile nations (this can be examined in [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]www.revelationsmessage.co.uk[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] ).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What then is the basic thesis of the above comments! In Ex.19:6, Jehovah God stated that Israel would be “a kingdom of priests and a holy nation”, with the proviso that they should obey Him, and keep His Covenant! This was confirmed and elaborated by Peter in 1Peter 2:9, in his letters to the Jews of the Diaspora, approx. AD60. He is here talking to Jews, prior to Acts 28. As the Jewish hierarchy rejected Christ as Messiah at Acts 28:28, the fulfilment of their destiny as a nation of priests is in abeyance, until that time that they will accept the proviso of Ex.19:5![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The description of the yet future priesthood of the Jewish nation is well described in Isaiah 61:6, and 66:21.[/SIZE]

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
The center of the N.T. is the supreme concept which is the "Kingdom of God" where Jewish Christians are a part of today - thank you Jesus.

One cannot but agape the "Kingdom of God" where the King, the Godman Lord Jesus Christ is ruling via the Word.

Old 'ruled' Jack

Reactions: RANDOR