An End to Protestantism?????????

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Rach said:
Wow...that entire rant shows beyond a doubt that you have no true notion as to what is going on in many Protestant Churches.
You're like a black man who spews out about how white man is soooo racist, not stopping to realise that all the hate is coming out of his own mouth.

Here's the deal. This is a Protestant board. And while we certainly welcome and enjoy conversations with our Catholic brothers and sisters, it is not okay to vent your anti-Protestant vitriol here, especially while complaining that people are being so mean to you just because you're Catholic. That, my friend, is called hypocrisy, as you are bashing us just because we are Protestant.

You're not here for conversation...you're not saying "how come you believe this?"...or "How do you justify saying that?"....you are just saying untrue and unfounded things about us, and doing it with a certain amount of disgust. How about you behave in a manner you would have others behaving in...?
I used to study Calvinist theology and went to a Baptist church for years, I know plenty about what goes on in Protestant churches.

And I conversate according to the conversation. People on here want to be anti-Catholic, so expect an equal and opposite rebuke from Catholics. The fact that this site is predominantly Protestant and *just happens* to be predominantly anti-Catholic just affirms what I have stated. In fact, go to any Protestant board, and you will see the exact same.

I came to you about the anti-Catholicism on here, you said "this is a Protestant site". And now that I have been anti-Protestant, you say again: "this is a Protestant site". So you should rethink where hypocrisy is propped at. I came on here completely open to kosher debate, and most on here, it seems, are incapable of it. If you truly had a vested interest in keeping these things from happening, you wouldn't be going about it how you are going about it. As I said, you can either be explicitly or implicitly anti-Catholic, but you can't be Protestant and not be so.

Affirmation of the truth is what I have been trying to show, and you have shown it for me. One of the legs that Protestantism stands on is anti-Catholicism, it is the same now as it was 400 years ago, except it's gotten bolder in dishonesty and crosses lines on a great deal of things such as calling the Church idolatrous- something that a 16th century Protestant wouldn't even be able to comprehend because it's just so fanatical and ridiculous.

I simply know the difference between what Protestants sell and what they really are about. If one doesn't want to hear it, then it's this simple: stop stomping on my beliefs. That's another typical thing that Protestants do- you all start a war and then feel persecuted for having been beat. It reminds me of that preacher who burnt all those Qurans and then got molly whopped by Muslims- can't even take accountability, you all blame the flame for having put your hand in it.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
meshak said:
How am I being idolatry by abiding by His word?
Because God is saying "I am this"....and you are saying "no you are not, you are something else". You are both denying God as he's revealed himself to us, and making up a new god that you slap the label of Jesus on.
I know that sounds really harsh, but it needs to. You say we must be faithful and obedient to Jesus? How about you start by believing what he's told you about himself in scripture? You can hardly be obedient to a God you deny.

meshak said:
Why does not it matter to me by saying being faithful to Jesus is requirement for salvation?
Your reasoning is so strange, friend. You should give up traditional wicked Christianity.
No, your reasoning is faulty. You cannot be faithful to a God you deny. God has shown over and over in scripture that while he is One God, there are also three persons who share that divine nature. Both Christ and the Holy Spirit share the attributes of the Father. He has written down for us this fact over and over, and yet you shake your head refusing to acknowledge this while saying "I must be faithful to Jesus". You are not being faithful to who God is....you are being 'faithful' to who you say God is.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
SilenceInMotion said:
I came to you about the anti-Catholicism on here, you said "this is a Protestant site". And now that I have been anti-Protestant, you say again: "this is a Protestant site". So you should rethink where hypocrisy is propped at. I came on here completely open to kosher debate, and most on here, it seems, are incapable of it. If you truly had a vested interest in keeping these things from happening, you wouldn't be going about it how you are going about it. As I said, you can either be explicitly or implicitly anti-Catholic, but you can't be Protestant and not be so.
What it means is that you are a guest in your enemies house (your words). You know full well that your beliefs are not embraced here, yet you spend countless hours here trying to stir up trouble. If you want to stay and have civil debate, then we welcome you because we are not intimidated in the least by your totalitarian expectations and beliefs. As it stands now, though, you disgrace your religion in front of us because you are not a civil human being in the least.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rach said:
Because God is saying "I am this"....and you are saying "no you are not, you are something else".
[/QUOTE]Jesus says He is Son of God and He never said "I am God", not even once. You are adding to His word.
Rach said:
No, your reasoning is faulty. You cannot be faithful to a God you deny.
How am I denying by saying Jesus is Son of God and Savior of the world? And I am serving Jesus. Jesus is my Lord as He says but He did not say you have to believe the trinity to be saved.

You are falsely witnessing about my faith, friend.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
SilenceInMotion said:
I used to study Calvinist theology and went to a Baptist church for years, I know plenty about what goes on in Protestant churches.
Ah, no....that means you know what went on in one Baptist Church.
And Calvin, while used mightily by God, was still human. We do not study and follow the man like he was God himself....we study his insights up against scripture, only accepting them when they echo the truth in God's word.
It's still all an over-generalization. Just as it would be by me saying I went to A Catholic Church and studied ONE of the popes, therefore I know what goes on in the buildings and hearts of every Catholic and Catholic Church everywhere.

SilenceInMotion said:
And I conversate according to the conversation. People on here want to be anti-Catholic, so expect an equal and opposite rebuke from Catholics. The fact that this site is predominantly Protestant and *just happens* to be predominantly anti-Catholic just affirms what I have stated. In fact, go to any Protestant board, and you will see the exact same.
Really? Well, I confess I'm confused. In this thread there has been mostly people saying they disagree with both Protestantism and Catholicism. There have been one or two people who have called out or wondered about specific Catholic issues or doctrines, but I would have supposed the correct response to that would have been to take them up on that conversation and try and show them the error (if there was one) on that particular point, rather than launching an outright attack.

But honestly, do you think it is the right thing to do in any case? I do not go into my friends (or strangers) house and start attacking them. It's their house! They have a right to their own opinion in their own house, regardless of how wrong I may believe them to be.

What you have done is come to a Protestant board, and the moment anyone speaks any kind of negativity against the RCC, you explode. Even if you are right, morally you just blew it...that is not how our Lord calls us to respond.

SilenceInMotion said:
Hang on. You came to me about the "Catholic bashing" when you know very well you had already been engaging in Protestant bashing. I stated that while I don't agree with Catholic bashing just because a person is Catholic, that I also could not agree with your behaviour. And yet you have continued...so yeah....I reminded you that this is a Protestant site. There is no hypocrisy there....just a weary reminder to please behave.
And as far as kosher debate....I have asked you to present specific problems you have with Protestants, and you keep make vast sweeping statements that cannot be answered. How am I to answer "Prostestants lie"? Well, I could say "no we don't"....except we're human, so yeah. But we do not lie in the way you are accusing us of doing.
So I repeat....I am happy to debate. Are you?

SilenceInMotion said:
Affirmation of the truth is what I have been trying to show, and you have shown it for me. One of the legs that Protestantism stands on is anti-Catholicism, it is the same now as it was 400 years ago, except it's gotten bolder in dishonesty and crosses lines on a great deal of things such as calling the Church idolatrous- something that a 16th century Protestant wouldn't even be able to comprehend because it's just so fanatical and ridiculous.

I simply know the difference between what Protestants sell and what they really are about. If one doesn't want to hear it, then it's this simple: stop stomping on my beliefs. That's another typical thing that Protestants do- you all start a war and then feel persecuted for having been beat. It reminds me of that preacher who burnt all those Qurans and then got molly whopped by Muslims- can't even take accountability, you all blame the flame for having put your hand in it.
Wow. Again. Actually, if you want to read back over every post of mine, you will see that I say that Protestants are equally sinful as Catholics. Not ONCE have I said "Yay Protestants, we're so much better than those lousy Catholics....man I wish they'd dried up like Noah's flood".
You want to know the reason I haven't said that? Because I don't think it. I know many, many Catholics who I consider my brothers and sisters in Christ.
I really don't know where all this venom is coming from, but it surprises me that you honestly can't see that what you're accusing me of, being a Protestant and all, you are the one who is actually displaying the behaviour. I'm very sorry you think me horrible.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy Palm sunday, brothers and sisters in Christ

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
meshak said:
Jesus says He is Son of God and He never said "I am God", not even once. You are adding to His word.
How am I denying by saying Jesus is Son of God and Savior of the world? And I am serving Jesus. Jesus is my Lord as He says but He did not say you have to believe the trinity to be saved.

You are falsely witnessing about my faith, friend.
Here at Christianity board we believe that to be called a "Christian" one must profess a belief that Jesus in not just "the Son of God" (title), but that he is also God...he and the Father being "one".
You are free to discuss your beliefs, but please refer to both the Statement of Faith and Forum Rules in the Christianity Board Announcements segment.

In the Rules it is stated:

Blasphemy will not be tolerated. This forum is intended for a Christian audience. Those who are not of the Christian faith are welcome to sign up but will be relegated to private forum discussion with staff members only. Any derogatory remarks about God (including the Son and Holy Spirit) will be removed. The same goes for remarks about Christianity. Do not hold the Bible to be the Word of God? We are not interested, then.

And in our Statement of Faith:

The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

So feel free to discuss your beliefs, but please do not put them forward as Christian. They are not.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess one must intercede. There are many on this and many other boards who belong to no denomination, that is not in the bible, this belonging to denominations,Now again, the truth is, one is not "protesting:" about Catholicism or any other denomination, one simply states fact and truth, if one sees that as protesting than well that is there problem, doesnt make me or any others a protestant, just as believing in Jesus doesnt make one a Christian.

Now there is a second issue, and one I feel very sorry for the Mods on these forums. See one can make a statement of faith that one believes, but God doesnt have to agree with it, we must agree with Him, which creates a dilemma, and i guess this could be another topic but it fits in well with this discussion. You see if one says that if you dont agree with me than you cannot post and you are not welcome. The problem arises when God disagrees with your faith , for now one has told God He is not welcome. See if christians took things to Jesus as the bible tells us to do they would soon see that most denominations through there statements of faith and doctrines have already rejected Jesus and thrown Him out of there churches, There are a few forums around just like that, and this one is not one of them that I see. See when one writes and it is from man and it is rejected it matters not ,but if when one writes and it was from God and it is rejected than one has rejected the one who sent the message and so God is rejected. Just like this

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

1Sa_10:19 And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes, and by your thousands.

Again al I can see time is too short for the bickering, if you are not in Christ, than you wont survive what is about to come. Dont expect your church to help you, they are all fast asleep, and comfortable soon to be woken up with a great shock. Run to Jesus let Him make you clean lest you get left out at His wedding feast.

In all His Love

Axehead

May 9, 2012
mjrhealth said:
I guess one must intercede. There are many on this and many other boards who belong to no denomination, that is not in the bible, this belonging to denominations,Now again, the truth is, one is not "protesting:" about Catholicism or any other denomination, one simply states fact and truth, if one sees that as protesting than well that is there problem, doesnt make me or any others a protestant, just as believing in Jesus doesnt make one a Christian.

Now there is a second issue, and one I feel very sorry for the Mods on these forums. See one can make a statement of faith that one believes, but God doesnt have to agree with it, we must agree with Him, which creates a dilemma, and i guess this could be another topic but it fits in well with this discussion. You see if one says that if you dont agree with me than you cannot post and you are not welcome. The problem arises when God disagrees with your faith , for now one has told God He is not welcome. See if christians took things to Jesus as the bible tells us to do they would soon see that most denominations through there statements of faith and doctrines have already rejected Jesus and thrown Him out of there churches, There are a few forums around just like that, and this one is not one of them that I see. See when one writes and it is from man and it is rejected it matters not ,but if when one writes and it was from God and it is rejected than one has rejected the one who sent the message and so God is rejected. Just like this

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

1Sa_10:19 And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the LORD by your tribes, and by your thousands.

Again al I can see time is too short for the bickering, if you are not in Christ, than you wont survive what is about to come. Dont expect your church to help you, they are all fast asleep, and comfortable soon to be woken up with a great shock. Run to Jesus let Him make you clean lest you get left out at His wedding feast.

In all His Love
So true, mjr. Just walking with Jesus is seen as a protest of all that is not of Him. And there is much that is not of Him.

We must be joined to Him and then one will have oil in one's lamp. No one else and no religious organization can give one this precious "oil".

The end of all "ISMs" is fast approaching.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rach said:
Here at Christianity board we believe that to be called a "Christian" one must profess a belief that Jesus in not just "the Son of God" (title), but that he is also God...he and the Father being "one".
You are free to discuss your beliefs, but please refer to both the Statement of Faith and Forum Rules in the Christianity Board Announcements segment.

In the Rules it is stated:

Blasphemy will not be tolerated. This forum is intended for a Christian audience. Those who are not of the Christian faith are welcome to sign up but will be relegated to private forum discussion with staff members only. Any derogatory remarks about God (including the Son and Holy Spirit) will be removed. The same goes for remarks about Christianity. Do not hold the Bible to be the Word of God? We are not interested, then.
Are you saying I am blaspheming God just because I dont believe Jesus is not equal to God? Jesus Himself says His Father is greater than He. It is in the Bible.

His Father who is God also says to listen to Jesus. I have been protesting to be faithful to Jesus because most trinity believers dont honor Jesus' commands.. How am I blaspheming?

blessings.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
meshak said:
Are you saying I am blaspheming God just because I dont believe Jesus is not equal to God? Jesus Himself says His Father is greater than He. It is in the Bible.

His Father who is God also says to listen to Jesus. I have been protesting to be faithful to Jesus because most trinity believers dont honor Jesus' commands.. How am I blaspheming?

blessings.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) 16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known. -John 1:1-18

Jesus is God. He is fully divine. That is what we believe here, it is what we clearly see scripture as saying. So yes...here, where we believe this unflinchingly, unswervingly and without any debate...is is blasphemy to say otherwise.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rach said:
Jesus is God. He is fully divine. That is what we believe here, it is what we clearly see scripture as saying. So yes...here, where we believe this unflinchingly, unswervingly and without any debate...is is blasphemy to say otherwise.
Jesus is my Lord and I have been serving Him as my Savior ever since I accept Him in my life. I am living Jesus' centered life. Jesus says we know them by their fruit. Trinity churches are not honoring Jesus with their godly fruit. I am not blaspheming Jesus, nor His God the Father and my Father.

blessings.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joh_5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
Php_2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jesus never claimed to Be God, He Is Gods Word Given to mankind. Yes Meshak. it is hard as Jesus said " very few will enter in"

In all His Love

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
meshak said:
Jesus is my Lord and I have been serving Him as my Savior ever since I accept Him in my life. I am living Jesus' centered life. Jesus says we know them by their fruit. Trinity churches are not honoring Jesus with their godly fruit. I am not blaspheming Jesus, nor His God the Father and my Father.

blessings.
If that's what you believe...fine. You are of course allowed to believe what you will. But on this board you are not what we term "a Christian". As it says in our statement of faith:

Close-handed issues (or closed issues) are issues that are central to
being a Christian; these issues are simply not up for debate because
they are what defines Christianity. If closed-handed issues are
debatable, then Christianity is simply yet another religion and nothing
more.

We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for
Christianity Board
. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one
outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

Jesus being divine, part of the God head, and the Trinity, are close-handed issues here on this board.
Debate between us as to why we think these things and you don't, are very welcome, however!!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
mjrhealth said:
Joh_5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
Php_2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Jesus never claimed to Be God, ...
That's irrelevant.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rach said:
If that's what you believe...fine. You are of course allowed to believe what you will. But on this board you are not what we term "a Christian". As it says in our statement of faith:
[/QUOTE]So in you definition of "christian" is not Jesus' follower. Ok, thanks
Rach said:
Debate between us as to why we think these things and you don't, are very welcome, however!!
So is it ok to call myself "Jesus' follower" instead of "Christian" in this site?

blessings.

mjrhealth said:

Jesus never claimed to Be God, He Is Gods Word Given to mankind. Yes Meshak. it is hard as Jesus said " very few will enter in"

In all His Love
Thank you for your quotes. Jesus is not God because Bible says over and over that God is only one. It does not say anywhere that three gods make one God. It is far fetched to say the least.

Jesus is perfect word of God and Messenger for us to imitate. We should not disregard His word of being faithful to Him until the end. Being faithful to Him is essential to be accepted in God's kingdom. Jesus also says to make every effort to inter into kingdom.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
meshak said:
So in you definition of "christian" is not Jesus' follower. Ok, thanks
Ok...I'm not sure how you got that. Of course we believe that Christians follow Jesus. He is the everything to 'Christian', so why would we do anything else.
However, if you go back and actually read what I put down, what our Statement of Faith states, if you do not believe in the Trinity (which is an essential part of who and what Jesus is) and if you do not believe in Jesus' divinity and equality with The Father...then no...you do not fit our description (and the bibles) of a Christian.
Oh...and please stop saying that I'm saying we don't follow Jesus and remain faithful to him. We do, none of us has even once said otherwise.

meshak said:
So is it ok to call myself "Jesus' follower" instead of "Christian" in this site?

blessings.

I suppose. Although since you don't believe Jesus was God as well as being 'Son of God', which was a title, one that spoke of his divinity; (Notice how the accusation that sent Jesus to the cross was blasphemy? By claiming the title 'Son of Man', he was claiming to be God) then the Jesus that you follow is not the Jesus of the bible.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Rach said:
Ok...I'm not sure how you got that.
You say I am not a Christian because I dont agree with your doctrine. I am an evangelist for Christ. I have overseas mission. I have been giving out about 600 NT books to Okinawan children annually. No one can say I am not Jesus' follower.

this is another reason why I dont join any organization because trinity churches ostracize other Jesus' servants as cult or non-believers.

they even killed non-trins in the past. It is not of Jesus.

Jesus' followers are supposed to be persecuted and not persecutors.

By claiming the title 'Son of Man', he was claiming to be God) then the Jesus that you follow is not the Jesus of the bible.
Son of God and God are not the same. You are adding to text. Jesus never said "I am God" not even once. But He said over and over that He is Son of God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
meshak said:
You say I am not a Christian because I dont agree with your doctrine. I am an evangelist for Christ. I have overseas mission. I have been giving out about 600 NT books to Okinawan children annually. No one can say I am not Jesus' follower.

this is another reason why I dont join any organization because trinity churches ostracize other Jesus' servants as cult or non-believers.

they even killed non-trins in the past. It is not of Jesus.

Jesus' followers are supposed to be persecuted and not persecutors.

Son of God and God are not the same. You are adding to text. Jesus never said "I am God" not even once. But He said over and over that He is Son of God.

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; Phil. 2:6

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Episkopos said:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; Phil. 2:6
God is only one. This verse is not saying anything about trinity. The Bible does not say God is three persons or two persons or whatever.

blessings.