An End to Protestantism?????????

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
We now live in a post-Protestant era with a pope who openly embraces his brothers and sisters of all Christian denominations to the point of publicly kneeling for the laying on of hands and prayer by evangelical leaders

http://www.kennethcopelandministries.org/2013/03/historic-change/

I have heard that we live in a post Christian era and can see the reasoning for it but this Priest is taking a swipe at the Reformation wouldn't you say? Or has Protestantism died?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Graceismine said:

I have heard that we live in a post Christian era and can see the reasoning for it but this Priest is taking a swipe at the Reformation wouldn't you say? Or has Protestantism died?
Does not surprise me. The CoG believes that the Catholic church is going to be run by the false prophet, out of Rome, and I agree. Not to offend my catholic friends, but I do not believe they, nor the Protestants have it right. Too much paganism in their doctrine. So they are ripe to mindlessly follow the beast and false prophet one day, and it will be done under the banner of "all inclusion" and "diversity".

Most of the cardinal doctrines of Protestant churches (i.e. "statement of faith" such as Man, trinity, heaven, hell etc) are in error anyway. It's pagan scare-tactics.

Reactions: meshak

Axehead

May 9, 2012
The Lord does not call His people Protestants.

Protestantism was a reaction to Catholicism and God used it to wake people up, but it was only a reaction and recovered some vital truths, while it also morphed through the centuries into several errors (depending on the denomination).

Shake yourself free from men's doctrines and be content to be called by His name.

Join yourself to Jesus Christ and don't be joined to anything else in your heart that would displace Him.

Reactions: meshak

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Sorry, you are wrong GIM. The Council of Trent (Trent, VI, canon 9) "If anyone says that the godless are justified by faith alone . . . let him be anathema"

The above is an infallible canon made by the church. Even the Pope can not rescind that Canon. The only way for Romanists and Reformers to be reunited is for the Reformers to recant their dogma and come back to the Roman Tradition. It simply can not be otherwise.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
BiggAndyy said:
Sorry, you are wrong GIM. The Council of Trent (Trent, VI, canon 9) "If anyone says that the godless are justified by faith alone . . . let him be anathema"

The above is an infallible canon made by the church. Even the Pope can not rescind that Canon. The only way for Romanists and Reformers to be reunited is for the Reformers to recant their dogma and come back to the Roman Tradition. It simply can not be otherwise.
That is absolutely true, Andyy. The Catholic church boasts that it never changes because it never has to correct anything (it got everything right the first time) and all the anathemas are still in place.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
If you were able to douse the whole sun with water, it would not immediately go out. It would first burn very bright, exerting all of it's millions of years of energy in a smaller timeframe until it goes out. That is to say, the only way to take out the sun is to accelerate it's evergy and run it out.

There will be a time when Protestantism runs out of it's glory. What a lot of these churches do is bargain with potential believers, and try to masqerade that as their doctrine, or their selective 'truth', as being the keystone to their progress.

Along with that, there is a lot of fanaticism and fringe in those churches, something which they also hide. Many people in those churches are undisciplined, and justify falsehoods with thier intended endgame.
This never works- it is like a star being doused with water. These churches are young, and are already going through the phases of age.

The church that will remain will be the church that has demonstrated through all of history that it can- the Roman Catholic Church.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
tim_from_pa said:
Does not surprise me. The CoG believes that the Catholic church is going to be run by the false prophet, out of Rome, and I agree. Not to offend my catholic friends, but I do not believe they, nor the Protestants have it right. Too much paganism in their doctrine. So they are ripe to mindlessly follow the beast and false prophet one day, and it will be done under the banner of "all inclusion" and "diversity".

Most of the cardinal doctrines of Protestant churches (i.e. "statement of faith" such as Man, trinity, heaven, hell etc) are in error anyway. It's pagan scare-tactics.
Is momma church now traveling around patting all her darling daughter harlots on the head?
I didn't read the story.

BiggAndyy said:

Well now that all depends on your definition--->>> the "universal" churches loop hole,

pedophile+priest+rape+sexual+abuse+catholic+church+headline+scandal+priest+hypocrisy+political+cartoon.gif

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
tim_from_pa said:

Do you mind if I ask you what you believe is wrong about many 'statement of faith' articles? What is it exactly you think many 'Protestant' Churches have gotten wrong?

SilenceInMotion said:
If you were able to douse the whole sun with water, it would not immediately go out. It would first burn very bright, exerting all of it's millions of years of energy in a smaller timeframe until it goes out. That is to say, the only way to take out the sun is to accelerate it's evergy and run it out.

There will be a time when Protestantism runs out of it's glory. What a lot of these churches do is bargain with potential believers, and try to masqerade that as their doctrine, or their selective 'truth', as being the keystone to their progress.

Along with that, there is a lot of fanaticism and fringe in those churches, something which they also hide. Many people in those churches are undisciplined, and justify falsehoods with thier intended endgame.
This never works- it is like a star being doused with water. These churches are young, and are already going through the phases of age.

The church that will remain will be the church that has demonstrated through all of history that it can- the Roman Catholic Church.
"A time when Protestantism runs out of it's glory"??? Um...The "Protestant" Church does not have a 'glory' of it's own...no church should. The only 'glory' any Church should lay claim to is the reflected glory of God.
And I'm afraid I see only generalized truths and half truths that could just as easily be applied to the Catholic Church. If you have questions and particular doctrinal issues to raise about those who stand behind "Protestant beliefs", I invite you to just come out with them so we may talk about them. I'm quite happy to discuss the differences.

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
After thinking long and hard about this I guess I have it sussed to my satisfaction. I was quite offended that a Catholic Priest would claim that we are now living in a Post Protestant era. When I was born 79 years ago a girl was born in the house next door to me. We were born on the same day and grew up like sisters. I grew up conscious from an early age to know that she and I were different. She was Catholic and I was Protestant. I was fascinated about all the stuff she had to go through.

Now that we are in a new age (which we are) I can see that we are in a Post Protestant era in fact we are post everything I grew up with.

However , neither semantics nor ecumenical works will cause the twain to meet. The God given direction to Martin Luther caused a schism that will never be healed. Just because the Protestants have stop protesting does not mean that we are one church or one in the body of Christ.. The visible church will not be united because the demand of Roman Catholicism that we come home to "Mother Mary"" is too big a price to pay.

Having said that I look around and see the delusional protestant evangelicals falling all over the Pope but they are deceived and don't speak for the rest of us who are still protesting against the anti reformationists.

Let us also remember that our Protestant past was riddled with the tragedies of torture and burning alive.

IMO the post Protestant era is morphing into a neo Antichrist era because that is where all this ecumenical clap trap is leading. It will be the religion of the Antichrist and False Prophet in the Tribulation.

Thanks for your replies, interesting subject for me. :)

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Rach said:
And I'm afraid I see only generalized truths and half truths that could just as easily be applied to the Catholic Church. If you have questions and particular doctrinal issues to raise about those who stand behind "Protestant beliefs", I invite you to just come out with them so we may talk about them. I'm quite happy to discuss the differences.
Watching Protestant churces form is like watching fireworks go off. They start out big, and then they scatter into bits and eventually fade. Protestanism is just a myraid of fireworks, but the Church is an everlasting star in the sky.

As far as doctrinal issues go, there will be a time when a truth is put on the mantle for people to witness and observe, and it will be that the Church depends on reason whereas Protestant churches rely on fanaticism. What do you think a world ruled by reason is going to see as adequate?

Protestant churches sell falsehoods by trade to get others to become Christian, because they believe that only Christians are saved from Hellfire. The entire foundation of Protestantism demands denominations to form, because there has to be a new ideology every decade to sell that notion to others. This has even started to include that a homosexual Christian can be saved where an atheist can't. Just become Christian, free salvation with water dunk..

The Church is consistent, and that is why it has survived the past 1700 years and will continue to do so. Protestantism will not, it will go out just like Free America when it decided to have Big Government.

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
Graceismine said:

Apologies! Palmer is not a Priest but a Prot. Obviously a renounced one.

SilenceInMotion said:
Watching Protestant churces form is like watching fireworks go off. They start out big, and then they scatter into bits and eventually fade. Protestanism is just a myraid of fireworks, but the Church is an everlasting star in the sky.

As far as doctrinal issues go, there will be a time when a truth is put on the mantle for people to witness and observe, and it will be that the Church depends on reason whereas Protestant churches rely on fanaticism. What do you think a world ruled by reason is going to see as adequate?

Protestant churches sell falsehoods by trade to get others to become Christian, because they believe that only Christians are saved from Hellfire. The entire foundation of Protestantism demands denominations to form, because there has to be a new ideology every decade to sell that notion to others. This has even started to include that a homosexual Christian can be saved where an atheist can't. Just become Christian, free salvation with water dunk..

The Church is consistent, and that is why it has survived the past 1700 years and will continue to do so. Protestantism will not, it will go out just like Free America when it decided to have Big Government.
Actually this whole thing is a Christian conversation, so I'm not sure where you are coming from. You have a right to speak of course but you really have no true credibility other than an outside observer.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Church is consistent, and that is why it has survived the past 1700
Yes when satan gets ir right, why would he change things, it doing fine without his help. By the people have being warned, no it is not " protesting", one does not protest because one is telling the truth, it just simply is that way. I guess the pharrisees felt the same about Jesus.

Act_5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

How things have changed, Jesus left out as always,

In all his Love

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Graceismine said:
Actually this whole thing is a Christian conversation, so I'm not sure where you are coming from. You have a right to speak of course but you really have no true credibility other than an outside observer.
Are you drunk or something? I haven't seen any atheists have Peter as their avatar and a quote by John Paul II as their signature.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
The numbers are way down for Catholics attending mass
The numbers are way down for many protestant denominations attending church

The numbers are up for Christians attending church who are not strongly denominational

In other words the "old school" typical denominations are withering and dying and some do not even believe in Jesus anymore ...... but the Church that Jesus builds still remains and grows .....

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
mjrhealth said:
Yes when satan gets ir right, why would he change things, it doing fine without his help. By the people have being warned, no it is not " protesting", one does not protest because one is telling the truth, it just simply is that way. I guess the pharrisees felt the same about Jesus.

Act_5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

How things have changed, Jesus left out as always,

In all his Love
Protestant doctrine can and has been shown to be demonstratably false. The only thing is, Protestants don't want to see, and so they don't- they just run in circles and throw aimless shots at catholic teaching until Big Evil Truth goes away.

You all compensate by making crap statements like you just stated. Going all th eway to Satan and the Whore of Babylon and so forth. The truth is pretty clear to anyone who seeks it, but that is a fact you will never admit is true, neither you or any other Protestant.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

You all compensate by making crap statements like you just stated
Nothing to be said, now I do not have to prove anything, the proof is written in the history of the catholic church for all men to see.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

It doesnt matter what arguement is used, it is now all recorded, the deeds of every man, God does not wink and turn a blind eye to those who say they are His and kill His sheep.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Or for the false shepherds who lead His sheep astray.

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Rev_18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Again I say, it is your choice the evidence is there the bible is clear, God will not be mocked. You will not find revelation in church it is only from God.

In All His Love

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
mjrhealth said:
Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Nothing to be said, now I do not have to prove anything, the proof is written in the history of the catholic church for all men to see.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

It doesnt matter what arguement is used, it is now all recorded, the deeds of every man, God does not wink and turn a blind eye to those who say they are His and kill His sheep.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Or for the false shepherds who lead His sheep astray.

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Rev_18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Again I say, it is your choice the evidence is there the bible is clear, God will not be mocked. You will not find revelation in church it is only from God.

In All His Love

That is an appalling type of argument.

You say explicitly or implicitly that Catholics are false prophets and then quote a verse that warns of false prophets

You say explicitly or implicitly that Catholics are false shepherds leading people astray and then quote a verse that warns of false shepherds leaving people astray.

You seem to think that you do not have to provide any evidence of your initial premise. Indeed you say "now I do not have to prove anything"

Your arguments are completely false and moreover a serious abuse of scripture for which you need to ask for God's forgiveness. God will not be mocked by abusing his holy word.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Mungo:

That is an appalling type of argument.

You say explicitly or implicitly that Catholics are false prophets and then quote a verse that warns of false prophets

You say explicitly or implicitly that Catholics are false shepherds leading people astray and then quote a verse that warns of false shepherds leaving people astray.

You seem to think that you do not have to provide any evidence of your initial premise. Indeed you say "now I do not have to prove anything"

Your arguments are completely false and moreover a serious abuse of scripture for which you need to ask for God's forgiveness. God will not be mocked by abusing his holy word.
Mjr:
the proof is written in the history of the catholic church for all men to see.
Our history is our fruit. Jesus says we know them by their fruit. Mjr did good job of what he is claiming.

RCC has rotten evil fruit as Jesus' servant. It is full of violent history which is so anti-Christ.

Rach said:
Do you mind if I ask you what you believe is wrong about many 'statement of faith' articles? What is it exactly you think many 'Protestant' Churches have gotten wrong?
Protestant churches believe that you have to believe in the trinity to be saved. Most of them believe you dont have to be obedient to Jesus to be saved by saying works cannot save you.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
meshak said:
Mungo:

Mjr:

Our history is our fruit. Jesus says we know them by their fruit. Mjr did good job of what he is claiming.

RCC has rotten evil fruit as Jesus' servant. It is full of violent history which is so anti-Christ.
The Catholic Church has much good fruit. Correct doctrines for a start but also schools, hospitals, soup kitchens. looking after the homeless and the unwanted.

Protestantism has much violence in it's past. If your particular church hasn't any violent history then the chances are it hasn't been around very long.

Mjr didn't provide one piece of evidence for what he is claiming. He just misused scripture.

Modern Protestants have privatised Christianity. It’s egocentric not Christocentric They have reduced it to a “personal relationship with Christ”. It’s about my personal interpretation of scripture. There is no room for the Mother of God in their reduced Christology. They have rejected the channels of grace that God gave us through the Sacraments.

Hand in hand with this egocentric Christianity is a rejection of Ecclesia, the notion that we live out our Christian life within a Church, that the Church is where we find salvation. The body of Christ is regarded as some vague spiritual entity rather than something concretely visible with a structure and life to which we need to be visibly joined. In Ephesians 1:23 Paul calls the Church “the fullness of the one who fills all things in every way”. Why do some Christians reject the “fullness of the one who fills all things” and do it their way instead of God’s way? It is all part of a Satan’s big deception.

That big deception started in the 16th century when “Reformers” broke away from Christ’s Church and started their own. They listened to the same lie that Satan whispered into Eve’s ear in the Garden of Eden – be your own god, you decide what’s right and wrong; you decide how you want to worship God. So they started their own churches, thousands of them, from the bigger congregations like Lutherans, Anglicans, Calvanists, Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostals, SDAs, Plymouth Brethren, Anabaptist, etc, (and all the sub divisions within them) to the one-off one pastor church.

They call themselves Bible based but have rejected those Christ left to give true interpretation and teaching, and followed a myriad of false teachers. They have followed false prophets into the wilderness. Like magpies collecting shiny objects for their nests they pluck bits and pieces of scripture out of context, tack them together and call it exegesis.

Protestantism was born in rebellion and is destined to continually split and divide through rebellion

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Mungo said:
The Catholic Church has much good fruit. Correct doctrines for a start but also schools, hospitals, soup kitchens. looking after the homeless and the unwanted.
[/QUOTE]Secular world does the same thing too.

Mungo said:
Protestantism has much violence in it's past.meshak; yes, they are daughters of RCC.